Is the Rise in Global Antisemitism Fulfilling Bible Prophecy?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I have always found the words in Jeremiah 16 intriguing...

“14Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that it shall no more be said, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt; 15But, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the lands whither he had driven them: and I will bring them again into their land that I gave unto their fathers.

16Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the LORD, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. 17For mine eyes are upon all their ways: they are not hid from my face, neither is their iniquity hid from mine eyes. 18And first I will recompense their iniquity and their sin double; because they have defiled my land, they have filled mine inheritance with the carcases of their detestable and abominable things.”

In case anyone thinks I say this because I am an uncritical Zionist, consider the tone that the Lord is taking with Israel in verse 18...

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
It is unclear to me to whom the pronoun "their" refers in verses 17 and 18. Who is iniquitous and who has defiled the land, the children of Israel or the fishers and hunters who are brought against them in an act of what sounds like divine retribution and recompense?
I think v15 identifies the people group in question:

15But, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the lands whither he had driven them: and I will bring them again into their land that I gave unto their fathers.

I see the “fishers” as the pull towards Israel we have witnessed for many years. The next phase based on that interpretation would be an international situation where there is no safe countries to stay for Jews.

It is just my interpretation @Serveto but I have certainly seen antisemitism growing in the UK.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Are you referring, by any chance, to the recent controversies attending Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour Party? In any case, I am still trying to decipher, from your quote by Prophet Jeremiah, if the rise in antisemitism is attributable, ultimately, to the iniquity of the thus far still, to me, mysterious "their" iniquity and defilement of the land. I read the pronoun as referring to the iniquity of the children of Israel, in response to which fishers and hostile hunters are brought against them, i.e., the children of Israel. Then again, I readily acknowledge that, as with most of the Bible, I am misunderstanding, or given to misunderstanding, which is why I ask you Christian interpreters and quoters of the Bible to explain. How are you doing over there in Little England, bro?
Well, to the biblical question first, judgement appears to fall on Israel first, then the nations...
Jeremiah 16 continues...

“19 O Lord, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.

20 Shall a man make gods unto himself, and they are no gods?

21 Therefore, behold, I will this once cause them to know, I will cause them to know mine hand and my might; and they shall know that my name is The Lord.”

As these events are still future, yet we appear to live in the transition between the “fishermen” and the “hunters”, a little time invested in Bible study may well be a very worthwhile investment!

Good to hear from you again @Serveto - I’m avoiding the news in the UK right now as the only topics are Brexit and Prince Andrew!!

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
A book I remember from 1983 - perhaps an example of the “fishers” from Jeremiah 16?

...In 1974, Jewish-American businessman Steve Lightle closeted himself away in a fourth-floor room of a Christian drug and alcohol rehabilitation center called Kaffestube in Braunschweig, West Germany as something was stirring in his soul. He made up his mind that he would fast and pray until one of two things happened: Either God would change him or he would die in that room.

For six and a half days Lightle prayed, fasted and was visited by angels. Then Jesus appeared in the room and deeply cleansed Lightle’s heart, preparing him for a specific task. Lightle received a vision that pointed to a dramatic change in the spiritual climate of Europe. In a book titled Exodus II: Let My People Go! He described his vision:

I saw a lot of people, and I recognized that they were Jewish faces. And there were so many! Then from a particular viewpoint I saw a multitude of Jewish people – hundreds and hundreds of thousands of them.
Then my angle of the vision changed again. This time I saw it from a height that enabled me to see the nation they were in. It was the Soviet Union, and these were Jewish people that were being gathered from various regions of Russia. They were coming together and began to walk upon a big superhighway that God had built that was bound westward. Somehow I knew that only certain people could walk on. Only those that God permitted could get on it. And as they walked they began to come forth out of the U.S.S.R.

At the same time there were ministries that God raised up that were as great or even greater than that of Moses in Egypt. And they began to proclaim unto the Soviet authorities, “Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, ‘Let My people go!’ “ And the Soviets refused. Then God, through these ministries, brought great judgment upon the Soviet Union. The catastrophes were so severe that the whole nation was brought to its knees. Then it was as though the Soviet Union coughed up the Jewish people, and they began to walk on this specially built highway.

As I watched I saw that the highway continued on through Poland, through Warsaw. It continued on through East Germany, through the city of Berlin. From Berlin it crossed over the border into West Germany at Helmstandt into the city of Braunschweig. This highway that had been built by God continued on to the city of Hanover and then into Holland where the Jewish people got on ships and went to Israel.

During the following six years Lightle shared what he had seen only a few times. In 1982, the Lord permitted him to publically disclose his vision of a second great exodus of the Jewish people from foreign lands to Israel. That is when he discovered that God had been revealing similar messages to Christians around the globe.

When God finally released Lightle to share his experiences in Exodus II: Let My People Go! He wrote:

Right now, in 1983, the Soviet Union has essentially closed all doors so that hardly any of the 2.5 million Jews [living there at the time] are able to return to the land of promise. But God will provoke the “land of the north” to let His people go. The original Exodus out of Egypt will seem like a shadow of the upcoming dramatic events. No one will talk about the former exodus anymore because of the worldwide impact of the final one.

People may still be talking about the original exodus out of Egypt, but there is no denying that this vision foretold the coming events surrounding the economic collapse of the Soviet Union, the destruction of the Berlin Wall, and the flight of more than two million Jews from Russia to Israel by the end of the twentieth century.

Today, the prophecies within this book are gaining new prominence as the world watches the events unfolding in the Ukraine. A strong Russian pro-nationalistic fervor is once again threatening the very existence of Jews in the region. Once again we must not deny the prophecies that continually tell of a powerful move of God that will save the Jewish people.

Read this book with a certain amount of awe as you realize that modern history has proven this book to be filled with the true words of God. Read this book with a certain amount of fear over what will have to come next, before God will once again intervene to save His “Chosen People”.

Exodus II: Let My People Go!

by Steve Lightle
with Eberhard Muhlan and Katie Fortune

I might be wrong, but isn't Jeremiah situated before and during the first siege of Jerusalem and shouldn't this be seen in that context?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I might be wrong, but isn't Jeremiah situated before and during the first siege of Jerusalem and shouldn't this be seen in that context?
There is certainly a short term fulfilment of a return from Babylon but, as with many other prophetic passages (e.g. the seven actual churches of Revelation), there appears to be an “ultimate” fulfilment alluded to, unless my knowledge of history is off:-

“19 O Lord, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Perhaps the story of the Red Sea Diving Resort in the early 80s is another example of the “fishers” bringing people back?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Meanwhile in London...

MAN SAYS JEWISH CHILD BELONGS TO ‘CHURCH OF SATAN,’ STOPPED BY MUSLIM WOMAN

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF

In an antisemitic incident that took place on the Northern Line in London, a Jewish father with a child was told Jews are the ‘Church of Satan’. Other passengers stood up to him.

A Jewish father with his child, both religious Jews wearing kippahs, were told by a passenger on the Northern Line metro service in London on Friday that he and his son are in ‘the Church of Satan,’ a video made by Twitter user Chris Takins shows.

The man went on to claim that Jews are behind the 9/11 terror attack and the slave trade.

He was confronted not by the father of the boy, who remained calm and ignored him, but by other passengers who objected to him harassing the family.

One of those protesters was a Muslim woman with a hijab, who told him he should not pick on the child. He told her that “these are imposters trying to claim our heritage.”

“This is not my opinion,” he can be heard telling her, “these are God’s words.”

British Transport Police is investigating the case.

https://m.jpost.com/Israel-News/Man-tells-Jewish-child-hes-Church-of-Satan-stopped-by-Muslim-woman-608735

And...

LONDON MAN YELLS ‘JEWS DON’T BELONG HERE,’ ASSAULTS JEWISH COUPLE ON A BUS

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF

The Campaign Against Antisemitism is calling on people of all races and religions to attend the “Together Against Antisemitism - National Solidarity Rally” in Parliament Square on December 8.

A man assaulted a Jewish couple, grabbing the man’s hood and pulling at the woman’s head covering (shitel) after yelling “Jews don’t belong here,” to a Jewish couple riding the 254 bus in Hackney Central in London on Thursday, the Campaign Against Antisemitism organization reported. The couple allegedly had to leave the top floor of the bus and go to the lower level.

Stamford Hill Shomrim, a Jewish anti-crime organization, first reported the incident.

https://m.jpost.com/Diaspora/London-man-yells-Jews-dont-belong-here-assaults-Jewish-couple-on-a-bus-608748

#hunters?

phipps

Star
Anti-Semitism is not the big issue in end time prophecy. It is the persecution of God's people, His true church that will consist of people from all over the world. These people will refuse to disobey God even if it means breaking the law of the land. The Church would keep all the Ten Commandments as Jesus did while He was on earth, including Sabbath and it would have the “testimony of Jesus,”

Revelation 12:17, "And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."

Revelation 12 tells us how the dragon/Satan will persecute God's Church till the end when Jesus returns. The bride or woman represent God's people throughout all the ages. Some of them were/are Jews and some aren't. Its not about race or nationality, its about obedience and submission to God and only God.

nikc

Rookie
Anti-Semitism is not the big issue in end time prophecy. It is the persecution of God's people, His true church that will consist of people from all over the world. These people will refuse to disobey God even if it means breaking the law of the land. The Church would keep all the Ten Commandments as Jesus did while He was on earth, including Sabbath and it would have the “testimony of Jesus,”

Revelation 12:17, "And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."

Revelation 12 tells us how the dragon/Satan will persecute God's Church till the end when Jesus returns. The bride or woman represent God's people throughout all the ages. Some of them were/are Jews and some aren't. Its not about race or nationality, its about obedience and submission to God and only God.

They are not God. It is just a cohort of Insecures mashing up a world with their actually choicelessly poor, often times perverse and all time baffling taste .

Last edited:

nikc

Rookie
They are not God. It is just a cohort of Insecures mashing up a world with their quite poor often times perverse and all time baffling taste .
Thats how things are seen.. blatantly in the open.. with all due respect..

Last edited:

nikc

Rookie
I dont think they can build a great world. and they seem to stick with that. They can alter part of history small or large. They can destroy the world. They just are of incapable of building a great one. I don't know anyone who can though..

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
'The soul of our nation is at stake': In an unprecedented intervention, Britain's Chief Rabbi Ephraim Mirvis attacks the anti-Semitic 'poison' he says is rife in Labour - and warns of the consequences of a Jeremy Corbyn victory

Ephraim Mirvis said the majority of Jews were 'gripped by anxiety' over Corbyn

He accused Corbyn of allowing the 'poison' of anti-Semitism to take root

His remarks came as Labour prepares to launch its 'race and faith manifesto'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7724803/Britains-Chief-Rabbi-Ephraim-Mirvis-attacks-anti-Semitic-poison-says-rife-Labour.html

Lisa

Superstar
Anti-Semitism is not the big issue in end time prophecy.
I think it will be..
Zechariah 12:2-3
Behold, I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that causes reeling to all the peoples around; and when the siege is against Jerusalem, it will also be against Judah. It will come about in that day that I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples; all who lift it will be severely injured. And all the nations of the earth will be gathered against it.

Matthew‬ ‭24:15-20‬ ‭
Therefore when you see the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains. Whoever is on the housetop must not go down to get the things out that are in his house. Whoever is in the field must not turn back to get his cloak. But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! But pray that your flight will not be in the winter, or on a Sabbath.
‭‭

TokiEl

Superstar
Meanwhile in London...

MAN SAYS JEWISH CHILD BELONGS TO ‘CHURCH OF SATAN,’ STOPPED BY MUSLIM WOMAN

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF

In an antisemitic incident that took place on the Northern Line in London, a Jewish father with a child was told Jews are the ‘Church of Satan’. Other passengers stood up to him.

A Jewish father with his child, both religious Jews wearing kippahs, were told by a passenger on the Northern Line metro service in London on Friday that he and his son are in ‘the Church of Satan,’ a video made by Twitter user Chris Takins shows.

The man went on to claim that Jews are behind the 9/11 terror attack and the slave trade.

He was confronted not by the father of the boy, who remained calm and ignored him, but by other passengers who objected to him harassing the family.

One of those protesters was a Muslim woman with a hijab, who told him he should not pick on the child. He told her that “these are imposters trying to claim our heritage.”

“This is not my opinion,” he can be heard telling her, “these are God’s words.”
It's not Jesus fault but He is on record in the book of Revelation saying something about false Jews.

Rev 2 9I know your affliction and your poverty— though you are rich! And I am aware of the slander of those who falsely claim to be Jews, but are in fact a synagogue of Satan.

Rev 3 9Look at those who belong to the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews but are liars instead. I will make them come and bow down at your feet, and they will know that I love you.

And on the internet this is pushed to mean that the Jewish people are not Jews but the synagogue of Satan.

This propaganda is truly nasty and nazi.

And as can be seen unstable persons may end up believing such nazi propaganda.

Serveto

Star
It's not Jesus fault but He is on record in the book of Revelation saying something about false Jews.

Rev 2 9I know your affliction and your poverty— though you are rich! And I am aware of the slander of those who falsely claim to be Jews, but are in fact a synagogue of Satan.

Rev 3 9Look at those who belong to the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews but are liars instead. I will make them come and bow down at your feet, and they will know that I love you.

And on the internet this is pushed to mean that the Jewish people are not Jews but the synagogue of Satan.

This propaganda is truly nasty and nazi.

And as can be seen unstable persons may end up believing such nazi propaganda.
So to whom, then, in your opinion, is Jesus referring when He repeatedly refers not once but twice (and counting) to those who claim to be Jews but are not, and why does it seem to be such a taboo subject to readers and quoters of the Bible to identify them? It's not just your seemingly favorite monsters, Nazis and Muslims, who are wondering. In fact, I have had to subject myself to a serious self-assessment to see if I have any even unconscious residual antisemitism in my bones and if that antisemitism wasn't instilled into me by my Sunday School teachers, when I was a still-vulnerable and susceptible child when they were instilling what can, I think rightly, be called antisemitic portions of the New Testament into my spiritually sensitive brain as a child.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar