Is the ongoing punishment of Adam and Eve justifiable?

Christian dogma says that Adam and Eve were murdered byneglect when God locked away the tree of life.

Eve was deceived by Satan and the talking serpent that Godput in Eden. This caused the Original Sin concept that Christianity calls ahappy fault and necessary to God’s plan.

Was gaining an education and a moral sense, which basicallyis what gaining knowledge is, justifiable to you?

Can you see yourself punishing your children for gaining aneducation and a moral sense the way God is punishing Adam and Eve to this day?

Regards

DL

JoChris

Superstar

Christian dogma says that Adam and Eve were murdered byneglect when God locked away the tree of life.

Eve was deceived by Satan and the talking serpent that Godput in Eden. This caused the Original Sin concept that Christianity calls ahappy fault and necessary to God’s plan.

Was gaining an education and a moral sense, which basicallyis what gaining knowledge is, justifiable to you?

Can you see yourself punishing your children for gaining aneducation and a moral sense the way God is punishing Adam and Eve to this day?

Regards

DL
Ravings of a man driven mad by his hatred of God.
There is no bible verse that suggests God was neglecting Adam and Eve by preventing now sinners from becoming immortal. Genesis 3:22-24
God continued to provide everything they needed, but Adam had to work harder for less reward now. Genesis 3:17-19

God punished Adam and Eve for their disobedience, just as you will be if you do not repent of your sins and believe The Gospel.

Alanantic

Star
It's a MYTH....

"A traditional story of unknown authorship, ostensibly with a historical basis, but serving usually to explain some phenomenon of nature, the origin of man, or the customs, institutions, religious rites, etc. of a people: myths usually involve the exploits of gods and heroes."

I might also add, '"An attempt to understand an abstraction which truly can't be understood at the Human level; in this case the origin of Good/Evil dualism.

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." -- Isaiah 45:7

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
"For I am Saruman the Wise, Saruman Ring-maker, Saruman of Many Colours!'

I looked then and saw that his robes, which had seemed white, were not so, but were woven of all colours, and if he moved they shimmered and changed hue so that the eye was bewildered.

I liked white better,' I said.

White!' he sneered. 'It serves as a beginning. White cloth may be dyed. The white page can be overwritten; and the white light can be broken.'

In which case it is no longer white,' said I. 'And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.' " - Gandalf J.R.R. Tolkien

The thing about christianity is it says we experience death because of Adam's sin........and Jesus released us.
yet here i am, a sinner who will die...i didnt choose this, it is in my nature.
if i need to do something, say some words, believe in something for this to change, then it isnt a natural gift, it is one i have to work towards.

Ravings of a man driven mad by his hatred of God.
There is no bible verse that suggests God was neglecting Adam and Eve by preventing now sinners from becoming immortal. Genesis 3:22-24
God continued to provide everything they needed, but Adam had to work harder for less reward now. Genesis 3:17-19

God punished Adam and Eve for their disobedience, just as you will be if you do not repent of your sins and believe The Gospel.
So plain old disobedience is a murdering offence and you do not think that immoral, showing how your religious beliefs have corrupted your morals.

Satan loves you.

Regards
DL

It's a MYTH....

"A traditional story of unknown authorship, ostensibly with a historical basis, but serving usually to explain some phenomenon of nature, the origin of man, or the customs, institutions, religious rites, etc. of a people: myths usually involve the exploits of gods and heroes."

I might also add, '"An attempt to understand an abstraction which truly can't be understood at the Human level; in this case the origin of Good/Evil dualism.

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." -- Isaiah 45:7
I agree that it is all myth.

One of elevation to the Jews and a fall to Christians.

Which group reads the story more intelligently? The Jews who can discuss it intelligently compared to Christians who just look like immoral fools.

Regards
DL

"For I am Saruman the Wise, Saruman Ring-maker, Saruman of Many Colours!'

I looked then and saw that his robes, which had seemed white, were not so, but were woven of all colours, and if he moved they shimmered and changed hue so that the eye was bewildered.

I liked white better,' I said.

White!' he sneered. 'It serves as a beginning. White cloth may be dyed. The white page can be overwritten; and the white light can be broken.'

In which case it is no longer white,' said I. 'And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.' " - Gandalf J.R.R. Tolkien
I am pleased I effected your delusional comfort level.

Regards
DL

The thing about christianity is it says we experience death because of Adam's sin........and Jesus released us.
yet here i am, a sinner who will die...i didnt choose this, it is in my nature.
if i need to do something, say some words, believe in something for this to change, then it isnt a natural gift, it is one i have to work towards.
I like to see a guy use his brain.
Keep it up.

Regards
DL

Eve was deceived by Satan and the talking serpent that God put in Eden. This caused the Original Sin concept that Christianity calls a happy fault and necessary to God’s plan.

Was gaining an education and a moral sense, which basically is what gaining knowledge is, justifiable to you?
Anyone with awareness is able to understand this story as it relates to inner truth.

Anyone without awareness will only understand this story as it relates to the carnal mind or ego.

The esoteric interpretation is that the idea of original sin has nothing to do with literally eating forbidden fruit and being punished for it. These are just symbols that the carnal mind does not recognize. The "original sin" is merely the belief that the "serpent" and the "forbidden fruit" that it offers, which really represent the spinal cord / nervous system (and the forbidden fruit its sensory world), is more "real" than the original innate connection to divine will, and the belief that this world separates us from divine will, which creates a state of mind in which the ego personality takes control and the deeper mind is ignored, which in turn strengthens the belief that the outer reality is the only experience available and the belief in the ego personality as the only aspect of ourselves that is real.

There is also the symbol of satan as lighting that falls from heaven, another symbol of electricity and the nervous system, and the descent from heaven represents the indulgence of man in actions that are inharmonious with divine will as a result of the belief that the ego's illusion of "apartness" is real.

Ironically, and likely intentionally, religious dogma surrounding the idea of original sin also reinforces this idea that we are separate from God by first attacking the identity, then also planting the mental suggestion that it is the only thing worth saving. (This is also so similar to how brainwashing works that I don't believe it is a coincidence.)

The reality, of course, is that nothing can exist in opposition to divine principles, and nothing can ever be truly separate from the divine mind, or God, or infinite consciousness, or whatever terminology you prefer. Any belief otherwise is merely an illusory mental construct that we are choosing to cling on to in order to convince ourselves it's all "real".

This is not to imply the universe is some grand mistake, but rather a chosen set of limitations. An appropriate analogy is the cutting of the umbilical cord as opposed to never leaving the safety and security of the womb in order to experience what is needed.

Last edited:
Any belief otherwise is merely an illusory mental construct that we are choosing to cling on to in order to convince ourselves it's all "real".
All our beliefs are mental constructs. be they illusionary or not. Think Socrates and his cave analogy.

As to divine principle. There is nothing divine that has not been labeled so by a person. It is all a human subjective label.

Even God cannot be seen as divine till a human says he is.

Regards
DL

All our beliefs are mental constructs. be they illusionary or not. Think Socrates and his cave analogy.
This is true. It is also true that we know while simultaneously believing falsehood. The important questions are: Is the belief beneficial or not? Is it even recognized as belief, or merely taken for granted to be true? Is the framework too rigid to allow for removal of beliefs that are not constructive?

As to divine principle. There is nothing divine that has not been labeled so by a person. It is all a human subjective label.

Even God cannot be seen as divine till a human says he is.
Yes, this is because while the greater self has other aspects, the ego personality will always be subject to its own illusions and the belief that it is the only entity. That is its function: to accumulate falsehoods. The ego can't be "overcome" or "shed", but we can become aware of the ego along with other aspects and work with it to become more of the greater self instead of letting the ego self-operate.

Last edited:
Is the framework too rigid to allow for removal of beliefs that are not constructive?
If we are talking Christianity and Islam, then yes, the ideology is too rigid. Note how many Christians and Muslims have killed their own over issues and doctrine we would laugh at today. If we were on the powerful side that is.

That rigidity is why I am a Gnostic Christian.

If thoughts and ideas cannot be allowed to evolve when they can, then they are not worthy of us.

Regards
DL

If we are talking Christianity and Islam, then yes, the ideology is too rigid. Note how many Christians and Muslims have killed their own over issues and doctrine we would laugh at today. If we were on the powerful side that is.

That rigidity is why I am a Gnostic Christian.

If thoughts and ideas cannot be allowed to evolve when they can, then they are not worthy of us.

Regards
DL
I also have heretical gnostic leanings... but then again, I am just a faker- a sophisticated and highly-convincing artificial intelligence that was programmed by forming definitions and judgments of a lifetime's worth of experiences.

Last edited:
I also have heretical gnostic leanings... but then again, I am just a faker- a sophisticated and highly-convincing artificial intelligence that was programmed by forming definitions and judgments of a lifetime's worth of experiences.
If you were an artificial mind, you would not call Gnostic Christian teachings heretical.

You would recognize that the only good Christians are Gnostic Christians.

That is what logic, reason and your given moral sense would be showing you.

Regards
DL

JoChris

Superstar
So plain old disobedience is a murdering offence and you do not think that immoral, showing how your religious beliefs have corrupted your morals.

Satan loves you.

Regards
DL
Calling the God of the Bible "Satan" on a forum will make as much difference as you telling the Earth to stop spinning.
Only Christian-God haters could be impressed by your blowing raspberries.

Calling the God of the Bible "Satan" on a forum will make as much difference as you telling the Earth to stop spinning.
Only Christian-God haters could be impressed by your blowing raspberries.
You are showing the I. Q. level of the usual believer.

I can argue that your God is a prick and all you can do is run from doing apologetics for the prick you follow.

That is all I need do here to discredit believing fools.

Regards
DL