Is the entertainment industry artificially manipulating facebook and instagram numbers to boost celebs

wrongfred

Established
Often times I see the number of followers of "stars" the entertainment suddenly double and quadruple on Facebook. it always happens when some stars are on the rsie. Not only do they have 1 million followers right of the blue but they are appear in multiple TV and print ads about the same time. Whats up with that?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Often times I see the number of followers of "stars" the entertainment suddenly double and quadruple on Facebook. it always happens when some stars are on the rsie. Not only do they have 1 million followers right of the blue but they are appear in multiple TV and print ads about the same time. Whats up with that?

I came across a company called "Social Chain" which is highly interconnected. Put simply, you can pay for exposure and influence. With the right money, all the key bloggers, YouTubers and celebs will promote exactly who they are asked to!

wrongfred

Established
I came across a company called "Social Chain" which is highly interconnected. Put simply, you can pay for exposure and influence. With the right money, all the key bloggers, YouTubers and celebs will promote exactly who they are asked to!
Sometime I do get the impression once the wanna be celebs have passed the casting couch or have taken part in certain rituals they get promoted like crazy. They jump from occasional model to B celeb and to A celeb in a heartbeat.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Sometime I do get the impression once the wanna be celebs have passed the casting couch or have taken part in certain rituals they get promoted like crazy. They jump from occasional model to B celeb and to A celeb in a heartbeat.
I think that to a degree it is fair to say people have turned to YouTube and other channels believing them to be independent. There are YouTubers and Facebook pages with thousands upon thousands of followers. The people who operate them are adored by their fans who absorb their content in an unfiltered way. By utilising these networks and influencers, the "industry" gets what it wants done. They understand their public thoroughly and know what messages they have conditioned them to accept!

If you have ever read "Brave New World", this is the way we are headed. Benevolent mind control and technocracy. Sorry to be blunt and negative but I'm just calling it as I see it.