Is The Bible Falsified By Greek Sources?

eriunios

Established

Not only is the name of Jesus the same as Zeus but also the image.
can this be just coincidence?

The Bible is a plagiarism from the life and the state of the gods,
heroes and personalities of the Greek world.

Jesus teaches and is judged as Socrates heals and resurrects like Apollonios Tyaneas, crucified as Prometheus, walks on water like Argonaut Euphimos, descends to the Underworld like Hercules, mourns like Hyacinthus, wears Apollo's chiton And during its burial it is wrapped in the patch of Patroklos. Jesus becomes the "vine" like Dionysus, the "good shepherd", such as Hermes, the "coming" like Hephaestus and will return in the Second Coming like Odysseus.
Jehovah looks amazing with Poseidon, David plays his lyre like Orpheus, Saul is hosted like Telemachus and Sampson loses his power when a woman cuts his hair like Pterelaos. Cain kills his brother like Kithers and Paradise is the Garden of the Hesperides.

Η Βίβλος είναι μία συρραφή από τον βίο και την πολιτεία των θεών, ηρώων και προσωπικοτήτων του Ελληνικού κόσμου.
Ο Ιησούς διδάσκει και δικάζεται όπως ο Σωκράτης, θεραπεύει και ανασταίνει όπως ο Απολλώνιος ο Τυανέας, σταυρώνεται όπως ο Προμηθέας, περπατά πάνω στο νερό όπως ο Αργοναύτης Εύφημος, κατεβαίνει στον Κάτω Κόσμο όπως ο Ηρακλής, θρηνείται όπως ο Υάκινθος, φορά τον χιτώνα του Απόλλωνος και κατά την ταφή του τυλίγεται στην σινδόνη του Πατρόκλου. Ο Ιησούς γίνεται η «άμπελος» όπως ο Διόνυσος, ο «καλός ποιμήν», όπως ο Ερμής, ο «ερχόμενος» όπως ο Ήφαιστος και θα επιστρέψει κατά την Δευτέρα Παρουσία όπως ο Οδυσσέας. Ο Ιεχωβάς μοιάζει καταπληκτικά με τον Ποσειδώνα, ο Δαυΐδ παίζει την λύρα του όπως ο Ορφέας, ο Σαούλ φιλοξενείται όπως ο Τηλέμαχος και ο Σαμψών χάνει την δύναμή του όταν μια γυναίκα του κόβει τα μαλλιά όπως ο Πτερέλαος. Ο Κάϊν σκοτώνει τον αδελφό του όπως ο Κιθαιρών και ο Παράδεισος είναι ο Κήπος των Εσπερίδων. (Από την παρουσίαση στο οπισθόφυλλο του βιβλίου)

JoChris

Superstar
You are actually backing up some historians accounts of Christianity giving into pagan cultures ---》》resulting Roman Catholicism. There is a big difference between Protestants/ Baptist churches and Roman Catholic/Eastern Orthodox churches in this regard.
E.g. There are no statues, paintings of Jesus or any other ornaments in Baptist churches.

Have you done any investigation into the early church BEFORE it stopped being persecuted, and later made the official religion of Roman Empire?

lamb

Established
yep, roman catholicism. there is corruption in many other branches as well but roman catholicism is by far the most corrupted. they change tradition to fit their rituals, call man 'father', bow to graven images, etc

there is more paganism than that though. christmas is entirely pagan. so is halloween, valentine's day, and easter. names of the months and days of the week (excluding september-december) the sunday sabbath (passed by the roman catholic church) and more forms of sun worship

i don't think he was white though and jesus is a just a translation. and i think the Heavenly Father's true name is either lost in translation or unknown (not just title wise)

eriunios

Established

Early church (The Criminals and the thugs) HAS NEVER been persecuted.
If the Romans were persecuting the church,
there would have been no one Christian nostril left.

JoChris

Superstar

Illuminized

Established
Plotinus' Enneads would be worth bringing up here, for it also accuses the "gnostics" of appropriating concepts from the Platonic school without paying tribute to them. Curiously, his student Porphyry later attacked the Christians. That begs the question: were the "gnostics" really a dissident sect of Christianity or were they actually it's predecessors?

It must be asked how Lucas Holste and Augustine could arrive at their Christian conversion from the book of the Platonists?

As a very young man, already, I was attracted to Platonist philosophy by the lecture of Maximos of Tyre, Chalcidius and Hierocles; I felt growing in me a fierce desire, first to know more, and then to use all my forces to bring such a divine way of philosophizing to mankind, and to promote it. The remarkable use to which I could put these studies only has strengthened this effort. For seeing that Bessarion, Steuchos, and others confirmed the teachings of Plato through their reading of the Fathers of the Church, I turned completely to those Latin and Greek texts that deal with this contemplative and mystic theology, which excites the soul to God. Consequently, I came to admire greatly the divine and true way of philosophizing of the Fathers. Almost unknowingly, I began to feel myself part of the Catholic Church again, an experience also felt by Saint Augustine, as he testifies in his Confessions.
To Simplicianus then I went, the father of Ambrose (a Bishop now) in receiving Thy grace, and whom Ambrose truly loved as a father. To him I related the mazes of my wanderings. But when I mentioned that I had read certain books of the Platonists, which Victorinus, sometime Rhetoric Professor of Rome (who had died a Christian, as I had heard), had translated into Latin, he testified his joy that I had not fallen upon the writings of other philosophers, full of fallacies and deceits, after the rudiments of this world, whereas the Platonists many ways led to the belief in God and His Word.

eriunios

Established

incredibly stupid!
Because you want to be taken seriously you have post me a
Polaroid photograf of the martyrdom of Polycarp.

Hubert

Established
Depictions of Jesus and Zeus are similar because christian artist used Greek paintings and sculptures for inspiration when they were creating images of Christ. Also they both rely on a few basic tropes to depict the subject as powerful, long hair and a full beard.

eriunios

Established

Did The Birth of Jesus Text Develop From a Birth of Hermes Text?

rainerann

Star
The connection to the shepherd is because sheepherding was a strong part of Hebrew culture. Two of the more significant shephard's from which the comparison is made would be Jacob(Israel) and King David.

If you were to make this connection and there wasn't such a strong history of shepharding in the Old Testament, you might have a point.

However, if you had bothered to study the Old Testament in comparison with the information you had gained by studying ancient Greece, you would know that references to shepharding are found all throughout the Old Testament.

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want."(Psalm 23:1).

So unfortunatley, this comparison just does not stand on its own two feet as a criticism of the New Testament.

eriunios

Established

jesus christ actual appearance
Using third-century images from a synagogue
—the earliest pictures of Jewish people, and one of three first-century Jewish skulls .
Correlated with a typical Galilean Semite