Is the apocalypse written by John a BIG HOAX?

rainerann

Star
You keep mentioning this but still have not given any potential examples of Platonist influence on the Tanakh (OT).
I'd like to see what you think would be "Platonist influence".

You are lying through your teeth. I said NEW TESTAMENT (via the Gospel of John, Epistles of John and some of the letters attributed to Paul), not the Tanakh (OT) :D
lying through my teeth is an aggressive comment to make in a setting like this. I just didn’t go back to the original comment that you made was all I did. There was no malice behind it.

from a personal reading of Platos writings so far, I would say that they remind me of Paul. So are you someone who rejects the New Testament then?

however I was always someone who believed and defended that the New Testament is an extension of the old and I still believe this. They are a complete work.

the preview of the book about Plato and the creation of the Hebrew Bible that I referenced appears to make a case that the connection is found in the legal code. I think there Is potential here but I have not read the book entirely myself yet.

rainerann

Star

@seekinheart does she have a strong argument against the Old Testament?
I would also add after reading these that they are referencing Yahweh heavily and it is documented that Yahweh was a deity in the region. This has been constructed with archeological efforts. There is no contesting that there is evidence of belief in a god named Yahweh, so I still feel like this is a weak reference and the fact remains that there was no scripture prior to the Greek Septuagint.

if there was no scripture prior to the Greek Septuagint, there it is very plausible that a good case can be made for a relationship between Plato and the creation of the Hebrew Bible.