Is same sex really same sex?

Loki

Established
I don't know that I'm ignorant on the topic. I've worked with plenty of confused women who think they are men but just call themselves lesbians....
There is a distinct difference between masculine lesbians and women who actually want to be a man. If Ellen wanted to be a man she has the money to make that happen. She is just a lesbian who is more comfortable in traditional men's clothing.

Lisa

Superstar
There is a distinct difference between masculine lesbians and women who actually want to be a man. If Ellen wanted to be a man she has the money to make that happen. She is just a lesbian who is more comfortable in traditional men's clothing.
And like I keep saying, carrying out the convential thinking...man/woman. Whether she does this consciously or not, she is doing it.

Loki

Established
And like I keep saying, carrying out the convential thinking...man/woman. Whether she does this consciously or not, she is doing it.
Yes, but do you understand that that doesn't necessarily mean she wants to be a man? It's simply her preferred look. Now, if ALL lesbians paired up in masculine/feminine couples and ALL gay guys paired up similarly, then I'd understand your original point a bit better, but that's simply not the case and never has been.

Lisa

Superstar
Yes, but do you understand that that doesn't necessarily mean she wants to be a man? It's simply her preferred look. Now, if ALL lesbians paired up in masculine/feminine couples and ALL gay guys paired up similarly, then I'd understand your original point a bit better, but that's simply not the case and never has been.
Well she is the man in the relationship....she dresses like it.

I have nothing to say to that, since I haven't seen all the homosexual peoples...

Loki

Established
Well she is the man in the relationship....she dresses like it.

I have nothing to say to that, since I haven't seen all the homosexual peoples...
Well, if it helps, I provided more pictures of same sex couples that aren't masculine/feminine in appearance than you have the opposite, so I must be right :p

Lisa

Superstar
Well, if it helps, I provided more pictures of same sex couples that aren't masculine/feminine in appearance than you have the opposite, so I must be right :p
Well, if you knew the trouble I had just getting you the pictures I had...I'm just happy to have been able to get the ones I got! :D

Sex is what you are born as. Gender is what you identify as (i.e. born a man, identify as a woman, or non-binary, etc.) Gender identity is more based around personality and what attributes define you.
Based on the best clinical research we have, sexuality is not binary. Meaning that we aren't either Gay or Straight, we can be varying shades on a scale: See here
There is a lot of variation out there around what homosexual couples are attracted to. My sister is more of the traditional woman role and her wife is more like a man. However, it's not always like that either. Society has created these social constructs on what defines a man and what defines a woman. We have even created gender roles based on those assumptions.
Personally, I am a man in sex and gender, but I find friendships with women much easier as I identify with their mindset more. Does that make me less of a man or less "manly". I don't think it does, but based on gender roles and the traditions and mores we have instituted as a society, it might appear that way.

Lisa

Superstar
Sex is what you are born as. Gender is what you identify as (i.e. born a man, identify as a woman, or non-binary, etc.) Gender identity is more based around personality and what attributes define you.
Based on the best clinical research we have, sexuality is not binary. Meaning that we aren't either Gay or Straight, we can be varying shades on a scale: See here
There is a lot of variation out there around what homosexual couples are attracted to. My sister is more of the traditional woman role and her wife is more like a man. However, it's not always like that either. Society has created these social constructs on what defines a man and what defines a woman. We have even created gender roles based on those assumptions.
Personally, I am a man in sex and gender, but I find friendships with women much easier as I identify with their mindset more. Does that make me less of a man or less "manly". I don't think it does, but based on gender roles and the traditions and mores we have instituted as a society, it might appear that way.
I read you are a Christian, so you don't see anything wrong with homosexuality? I'm just trying to understand what you're saying.

I read you are a Christian, so you don't see anything wrong with homosexuality? I'm just trying to understand what you're saying.
The bible is clear on the subject. The bible is clear on just as many other sins. I am OK with it because it's not my choice and it doesn't affect me. We will all stand before God on judgment day. Only God knows our hearts, so only he should judge sin.