Is Religion A Form Of Mind Control?

Awoken2

Superstar
Well just trawling through Google images just shows you the volume of artists who all happened to have a brain fart whilst happily penicilling in an inexplicable belly button makes me get awfully suspicious about things.

.....I mean, there are a lot of artists there, what were they thinking?

I would say you’re the definition of religious. Everything you say seems to be the product of wishful thinking and some illusion that biblical times are accurately portrayed in the newest media release of the gospel of John, so you should model yourself after this somehow.

“But I tell you, you can roll your whole body in ashes...”. Please, who do you think you are, Jesus. For those of you who don’t know, there are many passages translated in English from the gospel that begin with Jesus saying, “but i tell you...” ds frequently likes to allude that he is so filled with the spirit, Jesus is just speaking through him just like he did in the Bible. In fact, the whole purpose of the Church (body of Christ, in which is not an organization, but a living organism joined to Christ) is the Father conforming us in the image of Christ (complete conformity!) (Romans 8: 28-39)

It just really makes you sound like a wannabe (yes, I want to be like Christ, but that is only by the works of the Holy Spirit) when you do this. You just sound like someone who is basically pretending (no pretending) to be someone you’re not really.

I can predict that you will say that I have to be filled with the spirit to understand because that is what you always say. But the funny thing about all your talk of being filled with the spirit and born again is that you are completely powerless and unable to heal anyone with all this spirit you have. Your experience of being born again is clearly the placebo version of what it means to be filled with the spirit. (It is Christ who said, "you must be born again.) And so it is true. (John 3:1-11) If you do not have the Holy Spirit, you are none of His (Christ). Not only are we Sons of God, but brothers of Christ (Romans Chapter 8)

I do believe there is a reason the Bible said people were healed and religious people like yourself have not found it. Being in complete denial about how religious you are, is also not helping you to find a solution to this problem. I'm not religious. Healing is one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit...It is not man who heals...it is the Spirit of God. (1 Cor. Chapter 12)
You need the Lord in your life.....seek after Him and you will understand these things you do not know. The original sin is pride.

rainerann

Star
You need the Lord in your life.....seek after Him and you will understand these things you do not know. The original sin is pride.
Yeah, you're the presumptuous one who needs the Lord and some understanding. People like yourself cause more harm to those around you than anything else. You are basically acting as a self-proclaimed prophet again trying to accuse me of pride and you have absolutely no evidence to support that you are some kind of prophet to be taken seriously.

You are basically just someone who thinks you are more important than you are. You should seek the Lord so that He will help you develop a message that will actually help other people grow in some way, shape or form. The only thing you offer anyone is a spiritual whip that they don't understand what you are saying because they haven't sought the Lord. The problem isn't that they are not seeking the Lord. The problem is that you are deflecting that they don't understand what you are saying, and assuming that the Lord is always in alignment with you, so that you can accuse other people of being the problem.

You deflect and try to claim that you understand things on a deeper spiritual level, but when asked about whether or not this deeper spiritual level manifests in healings comparable with the book of Acts, you deflect again and claim that I need to repent of pride rather than offering up any sort of real and substantial evidence that your experience with the spirit mirrors what is written in any way, shape or form. So the answer is clearly no, your experience does not mirror the experience expressed in the Bible in any way, shape or form and rather than address this directly. You accuse me of pride instead.

And as you already stated, the original sin was pride. Maybe you should do more internal reflection on this instead of accusing other people of being prideful when they point out that your faith demonstrates nothing and is a complete placebo version of something else that is referenced in scripture. This is evidenced by the fact that you can't provide anything real or substantial. This is by definition a superficial demonstration of faith. You are like the one who is rebuked for superficially washing someone's wound as though it were not serious (Jeremiah 6:14).

Honestly, you sound like someone with deep insecurities who is trying to play make-believe that he is some sort of John the Baptist to make yourself feel important. I realize what a hard thing it is to face that you cannot heal anyone and why you would avoid facing the reality directly, but it is just a fact. Christianity is either a placebo version of what is described in the Bible or the healings described in the Bible never happened. It is one or the other. Denying this is not going to help anyone. It is just going to lead to the church continuing to decline in numbers and significance and you are doing a great job leading the way for this.

Finally, if your walk with the Lord does not resemble what is described in Acts, you have absolutely no business assuming that you have are in any way qualified to point out to people that they should consider pride as their stumbling block to understanding. If you cannot heal the blind, you have no business accusing people of not walking with the Lord or being blind to sin as though you were some kind of prophet. Come back down to earth with the rest of us and pull the log out of your own eye.

Last edited:
You are basically acting as a self-proclaimed prophet again trying to accuse me of pride and you have absolutely no evidence to support that you are some kind of prophet to be taken seriously.
There are no more prophets, everything that has been prophesied has happened or will come to past.

Yeah, you're the presumptuous one who needs the Lord and some understanding. People like yourself cause more harm to those around you than anything else. You are basically acting as a self-proclaimed prophet again trying to accuse me of pride and you have absolutely no evidence to support that you are some kind of prophet to be taken seriously.

You are basically just someone who thinks you are more important than you are. You should seek the Lord so that He will help you develop a message that will actually help other people grow in some way, shape or form. The only thing you offer anyone is a spiritual whip that they don't understand what you are saying because they haven't sought the Lord. The problem isn't that they are not seeking the Lord. The problem is that you are deflecting that they don't understand what you are saying, and assuming that the Lord is always in alignment with you, so that you can accuse other people of being the problem.

You deflect and try to claim that you understand things on a deeper spiritual level, but when asked about whether or not this deeper spiritual level manifests in healings comparable with the book of Acts, you deflect again and claim that I need to repent of pride rather than offering up any sort of real and substantial evidence that your experience with the spirit mirrors what is written in any way, shape or form. So the answer is clearly no, your experience does not mirror the experience expressed in the Bible in any way, shape or form and rather than address this directly. You accuse me of pride instead.

And as you already stated, the original sin was pride. Maybe you should do more internal reflection on this instead of accusing other people of being prideful when they point out that your faith demonstrates nothing and is a complete placebo version of something else that is referenced in scripture. This is evidenced by the fact that you can't provide anything real or substantial. This is by definition a superficial demonstration of faith. You are like the one who is rebuked for superficially washing someone's wound as though it were not serious (Jeremiah 6:14).

Honestly, you sound like someone with deep insecurities who is trying to play make-believe that he is some sort of John the Baptist to make yourself feel important. I realize what a hard thing it is to face that you cannot heal anyone and why you would avoid facing the reality directly, but it is just a fact. Christianity is either a placebo version of what is described in the Bible or the healings described in the Bible never happened. It is one or the other. Denying this is not going to help anyone. It is just going to lead to the church continuing to decline in numbers and significance and you are doing a great job leading the way for this.

Finally, if your walk with the Lord does not resemble what is described in Acts, you have absolutely no business assuming that you have are in any way qualified to point out to people that they should consider pride as their stumbling block to understanding. If you cannot heal the blind, you have no business accusing people of not walking with the Lord or being blind to sin as though you were some kind of prophet. Come back down to earth with the rest of us and pull the log out of your own eye.
If you think all of that about me, then pray for me. (1 Cor. chapter 13)

rainerann

Star
You are a phony and a trouble maker rainerann, following after your father Satan.
I'm sorry that I have disappointed you because I am unwilling to be controlled by your efforts to impose on me that you have achieved spiritual authority over me and that you have regressed to a carnal state of accusing me of being Satan to cope with this. I believe we have freedom in Christ. This freedom is not constrained by your opinion of who is and who is not following Christ. You have as much control over whether I praise you for your phony attempt to sound spiritual as you do over the weather, and your rebuke has no effect on my freedom in Christ because it did not come from Him.

You have demonstrated NO evidence that you have any kind of spiritual authority to make such a claim!

Last edited:

Karlysymon

Superstar
To say nothing of a Thirty Years' war between Protestants and Catholics in Germany. To this list, a lot more could be added, including the more recent Skull and Bonesman George W. Bush, playing his presumed role in the Gog and Magog War in the Middle East.
He also said that he appeals to a higher father. While I used to think that he was saying these things for the sake of saying them, Seymour Hersh got me all the more confused when he said that:

"I'm worried about people who say Bush is lying. It's much more frightening that he's not lying, that he believes what he believes: that it's his mission to change the Middle East into a democracy. That's more unnerving.

If Bush had gone into Iraq for cynical reasons, we could cut our losses now. What's frightening is that he did it for ideological reasons, and therefore he's not going to get out. So it isn't ultimately about oil or about Israel, it's about a belief. I don't know whether God talks to him or whether he's trying to undo what his father did. But he believes in the mission. The body bags aren't going to deter him. Public dissent isn't going to deter him. He's going to go ahead. And that's more frightening."

So the most obvious question is: how did the order to execute the divine will come to Bush JR? Was it through a waking dream/vision, was it a disembomdied voice that he heard or did he chance upon war prophets…um…party? Because here, Meyrav Wurmser was asked about persuading the president to go to war with Iraq and she said:

“Our job is to think and if OUR IDEAS get adopted and turn into POLICY then wonderful….The group wouldn’t have been so powerful if we didn’t have a president who was susceptible and willing to adopt our ideas.”

Reading about Bush's convictions in 2020 sounds silly or ridiculous but it won’t be when there is a redux and the King of Israel, whose ego is stroked every other month, decides to act out his conviction and defends “his territory”. I suppose that he too will have convinced himself that he is executing the divine will…..after all he’s the “Chosen one”.

Tidal

Star
Thread title- Is Religion A Form Of Mind Control?

Depends which religion you're talking about.
Regarding Christianity, NAH, Christians don't do "controlled", we might even say the first Christians were 'Vigilant Citizens'..:)
"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil.." (Eph 6:12)
"You died with Christ from this world, so don't keep submitting to its rules" (Col 2:20)

And people quickly cottoned on-
"Jesus saved you from the empty way of life handed you by your forefathers" (1 Peter 1:18 )

Jesus said:- "The world wants you to dance to its tune......God has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners...to release the oppressed" (Matt 11:16/17,Luke 4:18 )