Is Religion A Form Of Mind Control?

In religion yes, but not in the born again believer. And you would not know or understand that until you call upon the name of the Lord to be saved. We speak of what we know, you speak as one that is controlled by religion. The one way to prove this is to call upon the name of the Lord, but you do not think you need Him!
You suffer from a delusion. The lord does not speak to you or anybody else. You’re allowing your delusional feeling to dictate your life.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Just catching up on this thread, I find it very interesting reading the various perspectives on what “mind control” is.

One thing that keeps occurring to me is how we are in a sense all unaware of the assumptions on which our perception of truth and reality are built. I am a Bible believing Christian and I interpret my experience of the world through that understanding. I am sure that in the eyes of some, that would brand me as a “mind controlled religious zealot”.

Just before you do, consider what mind control really is - a set of firm views about the nature of things through which we interpret the universe and our place in it.

Are not empiricism, skepticism, agnosticism and atheism also clear systems of mind control? Not sure? Watch Richard Dawkins some time...

Just catching up on this thread, I find it very interesting reading the various perspectives on what “mind control” is.

One thing that keeps occurring to me is how we are in a sense all unaware of the assumptions on which our perception of truth and reality are built. I am a Bible believing Christian and I interpret my experience of the world through that understanding. I am sure that in the eyes of some, that would brand me as a “mind controlled religious zealot”.

Just before you do, consider what mind control really is - a set of firm views about the nature of things through which we interpret the universe and our place in it.

Are not empiricism, skepticism, agnosticism and atheism also clear systems of mind control? Not sure? Watch Richard Dawkins some time...

That’s why I believe in “maybe logic”

Hail Eris.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
That’s why I believe in “maybe logic”

Hail Eris.
Does maybe logic lead you to be always searching and never finding, always thirsty and never quenched? I understand the concept, and even admire the mental humility.

What does maybe logic do with “The Way, the Truth and The Life”? Is it an unbearably definite claim?

Does maybe logic lead you to be always searching and never finding, always thirsty and never quenched? I understand the concept, and even admire the mental humility.

What does maybe logic do with “The Way, the Truth and The Life”? Is it an unbearably definite claim?
No.

I think it’s true in some sense ,false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense,true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
No.

I think it’s true in some sense false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
That kind of logic reminds me of the way many people describe Hinduism as the “embrace that smothers”.

I’m putting my trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. If I’m wrong, then I’m with Puddleglum...

““One word, Ma’am,” he said, coming back from the fire; limping because of the pain. “One word. All you’ve been saying is quite right, I shouldn’t wonder. I’m a chap who always liked to know the worst and then put the best face I can on it. So I won’t deny any of what you said, even so. Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all those things – trees and grass and sun and moon and stars and Aslan himself. Suppose we have. Then all I can say is that, in that case, the made-up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones. Suppose this black pit of a kingdom of yours is the only world. Well, it strikes me as a pretty poor one. And that’s a funny thing, when you come to think of it. We’re just babies making up a game, if you’re right. But four babies playing a game can make a play-world that makes you real world hollow. That’s why I’m going to stand by the play-world. I’m on Aslan’s side even if there isn’t any Narnia. So, thanking you kindly for our supper, if these two gentlemen and the young lady are ready, we’re leaving your court at once and setting out in the dark to spend our lives looking for the Overland.”​

mecca

Superstar
In religion yes, but not in the born again believer. And you would not know or understand that until you call upon the name of the Lord to be saved. We speak of what we know, you speak as one that is controlled by religion. The one way to prove this is to call upon the name of the Lord, but you do not think you need Him!
Please leave me alone, thanks. You don't know anything about me.

mecca

Superstar
You posted about yourself
No, I posted a brief paragraph on the history of colonialism and the part that religion played in it.

You replied to me by telling me what I'm supposed to think and believe. And you tried to tell me what I think by putting words in my mouth... as if you know what I believe. I told you, you don't know me and it's rude to try to tell strangers (or anyone) what to think.
Then quit posting.
You quit posting lol.

Dalit

Star
I think it’s true in some sense ,false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense,true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
I think you like conundrums and philosophy. Is that right? Just trying to get a read on the enigmatic Col. V. :)

FlixKandish

Rookie
The irony is a double bluff.

Those accusing others of drinking spiritual kool aid have just been drinking their preferred brand of materialist kool aid all along!
EXACTLY.

Irony so thick like dis knife too hot for the butter.

Ahem.

At the behest of staying on topic, i think religion has replaced ritual.

Dude, you are literally asking someone to drink the kool aid in a thread about the kool aid. Do you not see the irony in that?
He is coming to judge, (unless you die before then), but that does not eliminate you from judgment. But you can not come to Christ unless the Father draws you. All who hear the Gospel of grace in Jesus Christ and reject it are worse off then those who did not. God is not saving mankind at this time....He is calling out His Church. before the wrath of Almighty God. You remind me of the person who you try to tell him he is walking in poison ivy, but thinks he knows better, but then suffers for many weeks with blisters and the agony of continual itching because he did not believe you, but then it is too late. I'm not talking about religion here (that give God a bad name) but salvation.