Is Religion A Form Of Mind Control?

Awoken2

Superstar
Everyone receives an education but your behaviours and your ability to listen contradictory views shows if you're under indoctrination or not.

Not believing in some area of science, mainstream medias or even sacred texts should never be a thought crime but doing the opposite shouldn't be a problem either.

I think the truth can stand for itself and killing for the truth never serves the truth.

Every religion were built in opposition to God's will which is not surprising since Lucifer is the ruler of this dark place and he tries to deceive and lead mankind astray so we could oppose God.

That being said, Atheism and rationality has been a tool of oppression too. Just ask Robespierre or Lenin's 'scientific atheism' if things went good for their opponents.

Most genocidal maniacs thought their delusions were approved by God, science, philosophy ect... when it only served Lucifer.

Our world is a spiritual environment, we're under satanic rule and it need blood to sustains this power because sacrifice is the most important principle that rules this reality.
I struggled a lot to realise that but it's the only thing that makes sense because nobody in its right mind would kill a fellow human and Jesus wouldn't need to die to take my place at all.
Rationality?....a tool of oppression? How does that work then? So conversely are you saying irrationality is freedom?

You're gonna have to clarify that one for me.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Rationality?....a tool of oppression? How does that work then? So conversely are you saying irrationality is freedom?

You're gonna have to clarify that one for me.
I suspect that as @Wigi is French and the French Rationalists like Voltaire and Satre put out a particular, materialist, atheist form of "rationalism", it is more a case of how a word is brought into the service of an ideology that in the objective meaning of that word.

Don't believe me? Try words like "enlightened", "scientific", "social justice" and ask yourself if these terms contain connotations beyond their mere dictionary definitions.

I personally find Dr James Tour both rational and scientific, his faith in Jesus having no detriment whatsoever on his mental acuity.

DavidSon

Star
Before I commence let me just say....do not shoot the messenger. It is the architects of modern day religions who are now in the process of the demolition job. Not me. I simply observe life, and people...and draw my conclusions from there.

Today I see Venezuela, Syria and now Iran getting raped, and so do you. Twelve years have passed since people tried warning us of these events but unfortunately not enough people listened...
We have to consider the whole of what we know of human history to understand the social climate of today. Our earliest ancestors formulated "religions". It must have started with worship of a Creator, but evidence shows early man and woman deified the sun. The moon, planets, and stars were divine bodies, and their imagined qualities became inseparable from moral code and belief systems.

You can't blame humans for being entranced by metaphysics. That arena of questioning what is the Creator, what happens in the afterlife, etc. are natural inclinations. Our modern religions are based on concepts/prophesies of thousands of generations before. My opinion is that we should strive for balance between our spirituality and the history/science that allows us to understand religions' place.

I agree the extremism of false beliefs keeps mankind in a state of dissociation. People can't deal with reality. Severe crimes and injustices occur but we don't have the energy to turn our focus from personal gratification. Many religious groups either turn a blind eye or are complicit, when they should be at the forefront of battling injustice.

I know this goes against right-wing Christian conspiracies, but I say we need a stronger United Nations. The organization should be empowered to not only issue decrees, but enforce world law. The unilateral military action of the US, NATO, and other aggressors would not be allowed to happen.

Religion may play a part in disrupting progress, but corporate capitalism and an impotent UN are larger factors to instability.

Awoken2

Superstar
I have 2 questions. Each time I have asked these questions I have not received an answer. I figure the best place to ask these questions is a place where lot's of religious people hang out, so I guess this is the right place.

Where did God come from?

Who made God?

Dalit

Star
I have 2 questions. Each time I have asked these questions I have not received an answer. I figure the best place to ask these questions is a place where lot's of religious people hang out, so I guess this is the right place.

Where did God come from?

Who made God?
God always is, always was, and always will be.

No one made God. See above.

https://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html

Allegra

Veteran
Everyone receives an education but your behaviours and your ability to listen contradictory views shows if you're under indoctrination or not.

Not believing in some area of science, mainstream medias or even sacred texts should never be a thought crime but doing the opposite shouldn't be a problem either.

I think the truth can stand for itself and killing for the truth never serves the truth.

Every religion were built in opposition to God's will which is not surprising since Lucifer is the ruler of this dark place and he tries to deceive and lead mankind astray so we could oppose God.

That being said, Atheism and rationality has been a tool of oppression too. Just ask Robespierre or Lenin's 'scientific atheism' if things went good for their opponents.

Most genocidal maniacs thought their delusions were approved by God, science, philosophy ect... when it only served Lucifer.

Our world is a spiritual environment, we're under satanic rule and it need blood to sustains this power because sacrifice is the most important principle that rules this reality.
I struggled a lot to realise that but it's the only thing that makes sense because nobody in its right mind would kill a fellow human and Jesus wouldn't need to die to take my place at all.
Wow this post comes strong and speaks the truth. Praise Lord Jesus Christ. You’re very on point and this is what a lot of people still don’t understand and asleep. The sacrifice.
Exactly why you hear a lot of “human sacrifice” and mostly Satan aka Lucifer wants it esp children sacrifice. That’s how the elites worship him.
Also one thing, that what they like to do is perverting the Word of God. That’s how they deceive people and even Christians.

Atheism also a kind of brainwash tbh. How do u know that what we’ve been fed is the truth?
The reason why a lot of people believe in God is mostly because we experience the relationship with Him. It’s one-on-one relationship. Those who don’t know and experience this might think “oh you’re crazy” etc but our life is the testimony of God.

The fact that Jesus and the bible is mocked and perverted by the darkness is clear enough for me that God is real and He has enemies down here.

Awoken2

Superstar
God always is, always was, and always will be.

No one made God. See above.

https://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html
Well thank you for at least offering an answer. It's a question most will avoid.

I don't have time to read through your link right now but from a quick scan through it, it appears to be strongly leaning towards evolutionary theory but just says how God is responsible for everything.

As far as God always was, always is and always will be is concerned I find that doesn't answer my question and is more of an assumption than an objective statement.

It's a question where the answer cannot be proved so belief systems fill the gaps. In my humble opinion.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Remember: People that don’t believe in God, rarely care about your belief IN God. You don’t see non believers killing people of religion in an attempt to convert you to non belief. Its because we aren’t scared anymore. Wait, scratch that, we ARE scared. Of YOU! As God has killed more people over belief than any other cause of death in history…
An inconvenient truth

Never-ending pressure and violence

The primary driver of Christian persecution in North Korea is the state. For three generations, everything in the country has focused on idolizing the leading Kim family. Christians are seen as hostile elements in society that have to be eradicated. There was hope that new diplomatic efforts in 2018—including the 2018 Winter Olympics—would mean a lessening of pressure and violence against Christians, but so far that has not been the case. Kim Jong Un has maintained his tight control over the populace, and dissent or worshiping anything else is not tolerated.

How Christians are suffering

If Christians are discovered, not only are they deported to labor camps as political criminals or even killed on the spot, their families will share their fate as well. Christians do not even have the slightest space in society, on the contrary, they are publicly warned against. Meeting other Christians in order to worship is almost impossible and if some believers dare to, it has to be done in utmost secrecy. The churches shown to visitors in Pyongyang serve mere propaganda purposes.

Examples

Due to the extremely difficult security situation, it is very difficult to share examples. Pastor Dong-cheol Kim (arrested in 2015) and two Korean-American Christian lecturers at the Pyongyang University of Science and Technology (PUST), Tony Kim and Hak-song Kim (arrested in April and May 2017 respectively) were all accused of espionage but released ahead of the US-North Korean summit in June 2018. In a change of hiring policy, PUST is now reportedly looking for non-American staff, a logical consequence from the travel ban for US citizens.

https://www.opendoorsusa.org/christian-persecution/world-watch-list/north-korea/

Camidria

Veteran

Where did God come from?

Who made God?
While I do not agree with everything this guy teaches (in his other videos) the answer for your question is in this 3 minute video and I believe it is a good answer. Hope it helps!

Awoken2

Superstar
An inconvenient truth

Never-ending pressure and violence

The primary driver of Christian persecution in North Korea is the state. For three generations, everything in the country has focused on idolizing the leading Kim family. Christians are seen as hostile elements in society that have to be eradicated. There was hope that new diplomatic efforts in 2018—including the 2018 Winter Olympics—would mean a lessening of pressure and violence against Christians, but so far that has not been the case. Kim Jong Un has maintained his tight control over the populace, and dissent or worshiping anything else is not tolerated.

How Christians are suffering

If Christians are discovered, not only are they deported to labor camps as political criminals or even killed on the spot, their families will share their fate as well. Christians do not even have the slightest space in society, on the contrary, they are publicly warned against. Meeting other Christians in order to worship is almost impossible and if some believers dare to, it has to be done in utmost secrecy. The churches shown to visitors in Pyongyang serve mere propaganda purposes.

Examples

Due to the extremely difficult security situation, it is very difficult to share examples. Pastor Dong-cheol Kim (arrested in 2015) and two Korean-American Christian lecturers at the Pyongyang University of Science and Technology (PUST), Tony Kim and Hak-song Kim (arrested in April and May 2017 respectively) were all accused of espionage but released ahead of the US-North Korean summit in June 2018. In a change of hiring policy, PUST is now reportedly looking for non-American staff, a logical consequence from the travel ban for US citizens.

https://www.opendoorsusa.org/christian-persecution/world-watch-list/north-korea/
I find it interesting that you would cite North Korea as the best example of how Christians are persecuted. I only recently posted a video elsewhere which included North Korea named as one of the Neocons (Zonists) targets for regime change. This information is on public record when researching the PINAC document. Syria, Lebanon,,Iraq, Iran, Venezuala and North Korea are all Zionist targets.

North Korea doesn't need any intervention from Christian Zionists spreading democracy it just needs it's own people to wake up to the brainwashing they have been systematically subjected to which propagates the Kim dynasty.

The documentary was a few years old. It states specifically which countries would be targeted and as it stands today it was factually correct in it's prediction.

Let's not forget North Korea's vast resources of naturally occurring precious minerals. That will definitely be on the U.S.A's shopping list.....make no mistake about that.

https://nypost.com/2017/07/03/north-korea-is-sitting-on-6-trillion-in-mineral-resources/

Wouldn't you be smiling like Kim Jong Un if you were sat on this much treasure?

Last edited:

Awoken2

Superstar
While I do not agree with everything this guy teaches (in his other videos) the answer for your question is in this 3 minute video and I believe it is a good answer. Hope it helps!
Thanks for offering a response but this argument just adds even more confusion as far as I am concerned. If God doesn't get affected by physical time, space or matter then how can he possibly affect anything in those realms?

Surely this means if there is a God he can have no affect on this world at all because he isn't affected or can affect anything which involves time, space or matter....which commonly constitutes our physical reality.

Dalit

Star
Well thank you for at least offering an answer. It's a question most will avoid.

I don't have time to read through your link right now but from a quick scan through it, it appears to be strongly leaning towards evolutionary theory but just says how God is responsible for everything.

As far as God always was, always is and always will be is concerned I find that doesn't answer my question and is more of an assumption than an objective statement.

It's a question where the answer cannot be proved so belief systems fill the gaps. In my humble opinion.
Hey, @Awoken2. Thanks for your respectful answer.

I had heard that God is described as the Self-Existent One, but I didn't know where. Apparently it's in the "I AM" that He gave to Moses when Moses asked "What's Your name?"

https://www.ligonier.org/blog/self-existent-god/

"In response, God told Moses ‘Ehye Asher Ehye’ (אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה) or simply ‘Ehye’ (אֶהְיֶה).
In most English Bibles this name is translated as “I Am Who I Am” or simply “I Am.” (Exodus 3:14)
As in all the names that God uses to reveal Himself, this key name of God tells us some essential information about who He is.

The fact that it begins with Aleph (אֶ), the first letter of the Hebrew alphabet, is indicative of the future tense. Therefore this name can be translated ‘I Will Be Who I Will Be.’" [from https://free.messianicbible.com/feature/the-hebrew-names-of-god-and-their-meanings-i-am-and-yhvh/]

Someone recently described it almost as a philosophical statement that I wish I could readily find because it sounded really deep and is something I wouldn't mind pondering over. All I can quickly research is "I am who I am", "I will be who I will be", "I am He who is", etc. And that the root verb of I am/ehye is "to be" (found here: https://thetorah.com/yhwh-the-god-that-is-vs-the-god-that-becomes/). I'll have to ask that person to repeat what he said, if he can remember, because now I really want to know exactly what was said.

Don't know if this helps or not.

I think the amazing complexity of DNA helps me believe in God. That and vertigo of all things.

I hate vertigo, yet kind of have a bit of awe concerning it because it occurs when just one ear crystal or hair deep in the inner ear isn't going in the same direction the others are in. Such a little thing affects balance, movement and coordination. Just thinking about that gives me a small sense of awe. How much precision it must take to keep most everyone in balance all the time and just a small, minuscule thing, an anomaly, can throw a person's whole system off.

I've had vertigo several times ranging from severe to mild. When it was severe, I really didn't find it awesome. Yet who designed these amazing bodies and systems in our bodies?

Thanks for reading, all.

Camidria

Veteran
Thanks for offering a response but this argument just adds even more confusion as far as I am concerned. If God doesn't get affected by physical time, space or matter then how can he possibly affect anything in those realms?

Surely this means if there is a God he can have no affect on this world at all because he isn't affected or can affect anything which involves time, space or matter....which commonly constitutes our physical reality.
He is outside of time space or matter because He created it, He is not part of His creation and can therefore have a affect on it - more so than we can. For Him to have created time, space or matter in the first place He is not supposed to be part of it. Like the guy said at the end - the question - "Where did God come from" assumes a limited god, limited by what we can comprehend and understand.

If we could understand Him and understand how He operates or explain Him - He wouldn't be worth worshiping would He? That would be like worshiping the sun or moon (that we can actually understand and comprehend how it works).

Logically really, if we could understand God fully He wouldn't be worth worshiping. Hope this helps?

Last edited:

Etagloc

Superstar
Of course it is mind control! We must control our minds!

Either sin and temptation shall control our thinking or the striving to be pure shall control our thinking!

mecca

Superstar
Yes it's definitely a form of mind control. You can just look at the ways that religion has manifested and been used historically. One major example is colonization... When Europeans tried to colonize groups of people, they also forced their religion onto those people. The colonizers basically indoctrinated people through force into accepting a different belief system and twisted it in a way that made the colonized groups seem inferior. This also happened with slavery as well. Replacing their religions and erasing their cultures made them easier to control and made it easier to force colonization onto them.

These tactics are still being used today and it really shows how religion can be used to control people. Most of the time, religion is used in an authoritarian way to subdue people and take power over them by making them think and behave in certain ways. In general, religion makes people docile and more accepting of their subjugation. It makes them accept the status quo. Instead of fighting back, they turn to religious coping mechanisms that will never solve their problems or change anything.

Last edited:
Yes it's definitely a form of mind control. You can just look at the ways that religion has manifested and been used historically. One major example is colonization... When Europeans tried to colonize groups of people, they also forced their religion onto those people. The colonizers basically indoctrinated people through force into accepting a different belief system and twisted it in a way that made the colonized groups seem inferior. This also happened with slavery as well. Replacing their religions and erasing their cultures made them easier to control and made it easier to force colonization onto them.

These tactics are still being used today and it really shows how religion can be used to control people. Most of the time, religion is used in an authoritarian way to subdue people and take power over them by making them think and behave in certain ways. In general, religion makes people docile and more accepting of their subjugation. It makes them accept the status quo. Instead of fighting back, they turn to religious coping mechanisms that will never solve their problems or change anything.
In religion yes, but not in the born again believer. And you would not know or understand that until you call upon the name of the Lord to be saved. We speak of what we know, you speak as one that is controlled by religion. The one way to prove this is to call upon the name of the Lord, but you do not think you need Him!

“Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people". - Karl Marx

“"Been that way since one monkey looked at the sun and told the other monkey, he said for you to give me your fucking share" - Rust Cohle

Religion is the original form of mind control, all techniques are based off it. Religious fatalism makes people do nothing to change the world because they just know that Jesus, Maitreya, or L.Ron Hubbard will come back to save us, meanwhile the intersection of three of the “great religions” ( the Middle East) will probably start WW3 and mark our doom.