Is Religion A Form Of Mind Control?

Awoken2

Superstar
Then there are the Muslims who loathe America (why the hell do they insist on moving to Westernized countries when they truly are against our way of life?!?!) They so nicely try to force non-Muslims convert to their beliefs (Islam is actually an ideology) or they threaten to behead the unlucky victim who they’ve most likely kidnapped, or whose village they’ve pillaged! That is so disrespectful
I'd see this comment as totally racist to be honest unless you balanced it out with the morality of American drone strikes in Muslim countries around the world....also disrespectful wouldn't you agree?

Awoken2

Superstar
Posted March 2019 on this thread....about a year before convid.

There is a clear and concerted effort to now put in our minds (subconciously) something totally devastating. Whether it be a nuclear war, devasting asteroid, virus or alien invasion or even all of them I believe it will be a man made conspiracy and nothing to do with any God.
So we now just have the asteroid, alien invasion and nuclear war to look forward to I guess.

Daze

Superstar
Then there are the Muslims who loathe America (why the hell do they insist on moving to Westernized countries when they truly are against our way of life?!?!) They so nicely try to force non-Muslims convert to their beliefs (Islam is actually an ideology) or they threaten to behead the unlucky victim who they’ve most likely kidnapped, or whose village they’ve pillaged! That is so disrespectful
I often find you to be wrong. Its time to start correcting you.

1st.. Loathing America.. Sadly the opposite is true. Many Muslims want to come to the west. Least did. Today the middle east is quickly becoming the west with open lewdness. Here's an example.

You watch too much tv if you think "death to America" has any credibility behind it what so ever.

2nd. It is Impossible to force anyone into Islam.

And say, "The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills - let him believe; and whoever wills - let him disbelieve." (18:29 Quran)

There shall be
no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong. (2:256 Quran)

3rd. the beheading line.. Have you seen the video showing how all of the orange suit beheadings were actually faked in a movie stuidio? I can source it for you if you like. The truth is ALL life in Islam is sacred.

Whoever kills a soul it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. (5:32 Quran)

My boss is a Muslim. I've literally seen him save roaches.

Turn off your tv, or remain ignorant.

Last edited:

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Greetings! Wow, what an excellent, well written, FACTUAL, genuine, honest, raw & blunt post! Mainstream America would immediately label your opinions as “controversial, “ which is what they tend to label ANY free-thinker’s ideas and thoughts. Controversial? Why? Because your post challenges the clearly brainwashed status quo! I have the same beliefs as you do, as well as the same opinions that I can back up as “facts.” No person in the history of the Earth has EVER died, and returned back to planet Earth to tell us “mortals” what those two quite theatrical places called “heaven” and “hell” are like due to their firsthand experience being there! Until that happens, my opinion is that religion was created by MAN to control people. Ever hear the quote “religion is the opiate of the masses?!” I have, and I agree!! I have never read the Bible am about as interested in it as I am having a monitor lizard for a loving pet! It’s a sexist, homophobic, old fashioned book written by heterosexual white guy (s). “God” didn’t write it! AND, then it was “revised.” Yeah, okay there. How the heck did Mary remain a VIRGIN after she gave birth to Jesus Christ with Joseph?! That sounds insanely impossible and puritanical to me! Some sexist, oppressive to women guy made that nonsense up to subconsciously get in people’s minds that if a woman “loses her virginity” it’s a bad thing. But Mary, oh she mysteriously remained “a.virgin” even after magically becoming pregnant without having sexual intercourse with Joseph! (Incredible)! The Bullcrap story of Adam and Eve was obviously made up too. (One person told me that us women’s “punishment” for Eve’s “wrongdoings” is that women are paid back with having to deal with a monthly menstrual cycle)! I call that ridiculous comment total lame garbage!! Yeah, blame us women for everything! Yes, a horrendous number of people have lost their lives fighting others with “my god is the real deal! Your good is false! Then there are the Muslims who loathe America (why the hell do they insist on moving to Westernized countries when they truly are against our way of life?!?!) They so nicely try to force non-Muslims convert to their beliefs (Islam is actually an ideology) or they threaten to behead the unlucky victim who they’ve most likely kidnapped, or whose village they’ve pillaged! That is so disrespectful to push a religion on someone who is quite content living their life, and believing what they choose to believe. My motto is: “do as you will, live and let live, and hurt no one, but if someone tries to hurt you for no reason, show no mercy and kick their a**!!! Thanks for your post; we think quite similarly. You ARE a good person, and people threatening us saying that we’re going to go to “hell” are just trying to control & silence us. That’s the best they can do???? Haha!!! Pathetic!! I’m so grateful my parents didn’t have me baptized or shove religion down my throat when I was growing up! It feels great to be free! Enjoy!! Cheers!!
Look out Sickgirl, the "Muslim" who cant explain the hadeeth situation allowing for grown "Muslim" men to r*pe children is "correctng" you smh...

Awoken2

Superstar
Bump

Just because VCF has lowly morphed into a bible reading class on steroids.

Any other disbelievers here or is it just me now? o_O

Awoken2

Superstar
(Opens book of common sense)

Just because you talk about God every day that doesn’t automatically make you a good person.

Proofeth attached.

2nd spin but I need something to cheer me up :p

(Closes book)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
(Opens book of common sense)

Just because you talk about God every day that doesn’t automatically make you a good person.

Proofeth attached.

2nd spin but I need something to cheer me up :p

(Closes book)
Opens book again cautiously…

Kenneth Copeland is not a good representative of Christian conduct….

(@Awoken2 - despite your atheism, I’m sure you have little in common with Pol Pot or Stalin?)

Awoken2

Superstar
Opens book again cautiously…

Kenneth Copeland is not a good representative of Christian conduct….

He wasn't renumerated by God Red. He made countless millions off people who believed he WAS the best representation of Christianity. Yhat's my point, millions of people were completely taken in by him....who he then duly rinsed.

Lyfe

Star
Doesnt the condition of our society reveal that we as humans overestimate our virtue? No truly moral or good people would tolerate the level of corruption and depravity being pushed upon us. Instead we embrace games like grand theft auto, movies that glorify sex, drugs, and murder, we idolize rappers like Eminem. If we were truly good we would not be indifferent to such things. We would be grieved and heartbroken over it all like the heart of God is. We embrace so much of what we know to be evil and we drink it like kool aid.

I would also like to point out that its not about being a good person. You have broken Gods laws and commandments and need a pardon for your transgressions. You have a criminal record awaiting sentencing. Jesus stood in the court room and took upon himself the punishment we rightly deserve for our violations of the law.

You live in a fixed state of separation from God and only the spirit of God can bring you to him. Your spirit and soul are defiled and tainted and only the blood of Jesus can make you clean. The kingdom of God is holy and only the blood of Jesus can make the unclean clean. Only the blood of Jesus can remove everything that defiles your soul and spirit.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@Awoken2 - Kenneth Copeland should have read more C.S. Lewis

“Then I fell at his feet and thought, Surely this is the hour of death, for the Lion (who is worthy of all honour) will know that I have served Tash all my days and not him.
Nevertheless, it is better to see the Lion and die than to be Tisroc of the world and live and not to have seen him. But the Glorious One bent down his golden head and touched my forehead with his tongue and said, Son, thou art welcome. But I said, Alas Lord, I am no son of thine but the servant of Tash. He answered, Child, all the service thou hast done to Tash, I account as service done to me. Then by reasons of my great desire for wisdom and understanding, I overcame my fear and questioned the Glorious One and said, Lord, is it then true, as the Ape said, that thou and Tash are one?
The Lion growled so that the earth shook (but his wrath was not against me) and said, It is false. Not because he and I are one, but because we are opposites, I take to me the services which thou hast done to him. For I and he are of such different kinds that no service which is vile can be done to me, and none which is not vile can be done to him. Therefore if any man swear by Tash and keep his oath for the oath’s sake, it is by me that he has truly sworn, though he know it not, and it is I who reward him. And if any man do a cruelty in my name, then, though he says the name Aslan, it is Tash whom he serves and by Tash his deed is accepted. Dost thou understand, Child?
I said, Lord, though knowest how much I understand. But I said also (for the truth constrained me), Yet I have been seeking Tash all my days. Beloved, said the Glorious One, unless thy desire had been for me thou wouldst not have sought so long and so truly. For all find what they truly seek.”

C.S. Lewis, The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia, #7)

Awoken2

Superstar
Doesnt the condition of our society reveal that we as humans overestimate our virtue
No. The condition of our society is engineered by people, very sick .people....this fact appears to allude you.

No truly moral or good people would tolerate the level of corruption and depravity being pushed upon us.
So we all deserve to die?....because we're immoral?
Your bible taught you that?.....For once I'm lost for words.

Instead we embrace games like grand theft auto, movies that glorify sex, drugs, and murder, we idolize rappers like Eminem. If we were truly good we would not be indifferent to such things.
We don't embrace these things. These things are forced upon us by people....evil people with really bad intentions....again, this fact appears not to be relevant to you.

We embrace so much of what we know to be evil and we drink it like kool aid.
This embracement thing you got going on, I'm not agreeing with it. There are no other alternatives. We get served this shit up because it affects our minds.... it's called social engineering....and it's a real thing....I didn't just make it up.

I would also like to point out that its not about being a good person. You have broken Gods laws and commandments and need a pardon for your transgressions.
Ohhh stop it with that Gods laws crap. You don't know me, you don't know what I've broken and what I've managed to keep intact. It's wasted on me, really.

You have a criminal record awaiting sentencing.
Lol....I'm sure there are much more positve versions of the bible than the one you've read....gee....all of Gods children...criminals....so he wipes us all out.

Cool story bro. Doesn't make a lot of sense... but hey!

Jesus stood in the court room and took upon himself the punishment we rightly deserve for our violations of the law.
Says your book. Period

You live in a fixed state of separation from God and only the spirit of God can bring you to him
Errrr?....any idea when this is gonna happen? As you think you know everything else about me.

Your spirit and soul are defiled and tainted and only the blood of Jesus can make you clean. The kingdom of God is holy and only the blood of Jesus can make the unclean clean. Only the blood of Jesus can remove everything that defiles your soul and spirit.
You speak for yourself sunshine. Your brain has been well and truly laundered, but hey if your happy that's all that counts. ;)

Lyfe

Star
1 Corinthians 2:12-16

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

Awoken2

Superstar
@Awoken2 - Kenneth Copeland should have read more C.S. Lewis

“Then I fell at his feet and thought, Surely this is the hour of death, for the Lion (who is worthy of all honour) will know that I have served Tash all my days and not him.
Nevertheless, it is better to see the Lion and die than to be Tisroc of the world and live and not to have seen him. But the Glorious One bent down his golden head and touched my forehead with his tongue and said, Son, thou art welcome. But I said, Alas Lord, I am no son of thine but the servant of Tash. He answered, Child, all the service thou hast done to Tash, I account as service done to me. Then by reasons of my great desire for wisdom and understanding, I overcame my fear and questioned the Glorious One and said, Lord, is it then true, as the Ape said, that thou and Tash are one?
The Lion growled so that the earth shook (but his wrath was not against me) and said, It is false. Not because he and I are one, but because we are opposites, I take to me the services which thou hast done to him. For I and he are of such different kinds that no service which is vile can be done to me, and none which is not vile can be done to him. Therefore if any man swear by Tash and keep his oath for the oath’s sake, it is by me that he has truly sworn, though he know it not, and it is I who reward him. And if any man do a cruelty in my name, then, though he says the name Aslan, it is Tash whom he serves and by Tash his deed is accepted. Dost thou understand, Child?
I said, Lord, though knowest how much I understand. But I said also (for the truth constrained me), Yet I have been seeking Tash all my days. Beloved, said the Glorious One, unless thy desire had been for me thou wouldst not have sought so long and so truly. For all find what they truly seek.”

C.S. Lewis, The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia, #7)
Lol....you always hit me with a C.S Lewis quote. Over the years you must have Lewised me about 20 times now.

Still don't get it though.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Lol....you always hit me with a C.S Lewis quote. Over the years you must have Lewised me about 20 times now.

Still don't get it though.
I know you have a far greater reading comprehension than you make out!

I like Lewis because he spent many years as a skeptical atheist and read widely into numerous atheistic authors. For him to come to faith, he had to address the questions he had built up over the years, many of which are particular to people who have been running from God for some time…

polymoog

Superstar
Bump
Just because VCF has lowly morphed into a bible reading class on steroids.
Any other disbelievers here or is it just me now? o_O
no, youre not alone. disbeliever here, but spiritual.

i have my own moral principles that exist outside of organized religion. i like to pick and choose which concepts to follow. i especially dont like being told what to believe by some middle man who apparently has the ear of god/the source/universe.
however, others like the moral structure that religion provides, and i am content to coexist with it as long as it doesnt interfere with my life or my right to free speech.

Awoken2

Superstar
no, youre not alone. disbeliever here, but spiritual.

i have my own moral principles that exist outside of organized religion. i like to pick and choose which concepts to follow. i especially dont like being told what to believe by some middle man who apparently has the ear of god/the source/universe.
however, others like the moral structure that religion provides, and i am content to coexist with it as long as it doesnt interfere with my life or my right to free speech.
Thanks for that, that is a very succinct summary of my feelings on the matter also. Consider yourself a blood brother....of sorts

I'm glad you bumped this thread, and I actually thought of you when I posed this question here that hardly anyone has answered. I know you're not religious @Awoken2, but you actually do work that helps your community, which I think is a fantastic and noble thing for you to do (not that you need or are looking for my approval :)). I asked the question and wanted to know if others feel so strongly about what it is they believe, how does that translate in their daily lives?

Overall, many on here quotes texts of religious books, but if they're believing what they're posting, what exactly does that look like in real life?
  • Is it helping or hindering?
  • Is it bringing people together or drawing them apart?
  • Is it motivating an individual to be part of the solution or part of the problem?
Religion seems to keep many emotionally stunted and has given them the inability to grow mentally and spiritually. Anyone can sit in front of a computer, have Internet bravery and live a virtual life just as the WEF wants us to do, while they try and steal all that is good in the real world, including our motivation to be productive members of society and help others that need it. These boards are a depiction of that, which is why I suspect many older members have left and the dynamics of conversations and communication have changed.

All that said and while I know Christopher Reeve was quoting someone, I remember when an interviewer asked him after his accident if he was religious, he responded:

"When I do good, I feel good, when I do bad, I feel bad, that is my religion."

Sage and wise words to live by, I thought and still do.

Last edited:

A Freeman

Superstar
Now I'm not being flippant when asking this question but I am of exactly the same opinion as this man, this was posted on another well known forum. It certainly made perfect sense to me...

Quoted from skippytjc on Feb 7th 2005.

More humans have died in the name of God, or a god, than any other cause in the history of mankind. Why is this? Isn’t the belief in a supreme power enlightening and wholesome? How could people, who have dedicated their beliefs and ideals to a power that is the definition of love and kindness, kill each other by the millions and millions?

Its simple: Humans aren’t perfect and humans created God. Thus “God” isn’t perfect.

God is a belief created by man to answer questions that cannot be answered. God IS the answer (at least for now). God is a tool people use to feel comfortable with things or events out of their control. Or seemingly out of their control. God is like divine super glue. God sticks all the pieces together that people seem to have trouble doing themselves.

Is this a horrible thing that people have this belief? Not at all. If it works for you then go with it. The problem with God is, the people who believe in him think that everybody else MUST believe in him. And not just believe in him, but believe EXACTLY what you believe. This is such a strong feeling among believers, they actually think that 100% of people who do not share their belief will go to a horrible place called Hell when they die. Its not even good enough that you believe in God, you must believe in their God.

Some people, will even KILL you for not sharing their exact belief. This has caused more deaths than any other single cause in the history of man. “God” is the worlds #1 terrorist recruiter.

Disturbing isn’t it? But its all true. Or so I think anyways. But that’s part of my point. I am “going to hell” because I don’t believe in a God. But am I really? Does a mans actions determine his fate? Or his beliefs?

For example: I am a nice guy. I am kind and polite and I have no criminal record. I dont drink or smoke and I walk old ladies across the street and I say things like “please” and “thank you”. I smile and do what I can to be pleasant. I have a wonderful wife and son. But I don’t “believe” so I am going to hell. Am I getting it right so far?

Now get this: A man of the cloth, or representative of God can r*pe young boys by the dozens. The whole hierarchy above him can cover it up and make it go away but they all believe. But these people, because they believe, will be forgiven and will go to heaven. A man can brutally murder an old women in her home to steal $10 from her. And so long as he finds God before he dies he will be saved. This makes sense?

Do you know why all this is like it is? Its because people are terrified of not knowing answers to big scary questions. People have developed things like religions to help cope with these questions. And people are so scared of these things, they have programmed themselves into a frenzy of believing. Everybody must believe this, as it justifies their own beliefs. To the point of murder in some cases. It gets to the point that everything that they cannot easily explain in their life is “Gods will”. BAH!!!

Gods will, kills.

Do you know in some ancient cultures they had many gods? They had a god for everything that they couldn’t answer. The Greeks, Incans, Egyptians all had many gods. There was even a Sun god. They believed in their gods as heartily as you believe in yours. If an ancient Incan was in front of you debating their belief in the Sun god, they would be as passionate as you are about your god. But any modern believer knows there is no Sun god, that’s just silly right? But is it?

Incans had no explanation for the Sun. The Sun was everything and all important. A very powerful influence in their lives. But they didn’t know why, so it must be a supreme being. It was the only answer, believe it or die!!! But guess what? They were wrong and religions that worshiped the Sun are no more. Because today we all know what the Sun is and we understand how it effects our lives. No more Sun god.

See where I am going with this? Today there is only one god in all the main stream large scale religions. Why? Because all the “silly” stuff has been explained away. But why is there still any belief at all? Two major reasons:

#1 People are scared to believe anything else. People kill people who don’t believe.
#2 There is still 1 huge scary question that has not been answered. The biggest of all.
-What happens to me when I die?

Because there is no proven answer for this question, the biggest, scariest question of all, people still need something to help their psyche’s cope. As long as this is still up in the air, God will always “exist”.

I know I will get flamed for this next remark, but some weaker people even think that God controls things like passion and desire. Hate and love and emotions in general. This is all bunk. They blame crimes on the Devil and their successes on God. God and the devil are just easy solutions to their weak wills and lack of control over their very HUMAN desires.

One day, when our mothers and fathers stop forcing their kids to believe one thing or another based on their own fears, humans will shed themselves of the plague known as religion. It’s a psychological virus that is the scourge of all mankind. Someday it is quite possible that belief in a God will end humans existence. Not by “Gods” hand, but by our own fears of the unknown. People kill people who don’t believe. Period.

How many people reading my dissertation here will “pray” for me? How many people reading this will wish me to hell for my sacrilege? How many will reply with an attempt at “saving” me? How many will plot to kill me as a heathen?

Well everybody, I don’t need saving. I am content in my own beliefs and I sleep well at night believing them. My failures and successes are my own and I am a very nice, good person with many loving friends and relatives. When I die I am dead and that’s Ok. I also don’t have an issue with people believing in religion per say. After all, if something you believe in makes you feel good then wonderful! But please, please don’t try to infect me with your beliefs, as mine are just fine.

Remember: People that don’t believe in God, rarely care about your belief IN God. You don’t see non believers killing people of religion in an attempt to convert you to non belief. Its because we aren’t scared anymore. Wait, scratch that, we ARE scared. Of YOU! As God has killed more people over belief than any other cause of death in history…
Skippy is confusing God, Who is The Source of all Love and Wisdom, with organized religion, which was created by Satan to generate fear/hatred and confusion, and thus keep people AWAY from God.

Unfortunately, most don't know the difference between the two after thousands of years of organized religion using and abusing God's Name to commit countless atrocities against one another.

If someone actually reads the Scripture, without reading any religious bias into it, and follows its Commandments, the Scripture will prove it is of Divine Origin.

And if everyone did that, there would be no more corporate fictional organized religions or corporate fictional governments or anymore division, conflict or war, and the needless pain these figments of our imagination have caused.