Is Pink Floyd's music occult-free or not?

LadyEris

Rookie
No Pink Floyd aren't occult, they're just your mother's vacuuming music.
If you say they're "occult" then offer your proof, burden isn't on everyone else to back up your own claims.

The X-Files

Rookie
If you delete all the music associated with the occult, you'll wind up listening to Huey Lewis, Amy Grant, and Barry Manilow. And maybe not even them. Just assume that every musician you've ever liked was into witchcraft, sold their soul to Satan, etc. And then enjoy the music anyway, because despite themselves, no matter how evil they may be, they're teaching you how to not be evil. It's very hard to make music that doesn't embody God, no matter how hard one tries to be sacrilegious. I still love Led Zeppelin, even though I know Page is a piece of shit Crowley disciple. I am powerful and free enough to resist whatever vibes a satanic musician attempts to impart. I used to not be, as a teenager, the vibes depressed me and made me anxious, even as they made me feel cool, so I think keeping this music away from youth may be an excellent idea. It disgusts me how the music industry is basically grooming a generation of tweens with depraved Billie Eilish videos. But if you're an adult with a mind of your own? Don't be afraid. Let the evil little narcissists unwittingly provide the soundtrack for your righteous life. Next time I do karaoke I'll sing Honky Cat by Elton John, even though I know Elton and Bernie were both, uh, "fascinated" with Satan. When I sing it, I'll be reinterpreting the lyrics in my head to conform to my worldview, not theirs. Fuck them.
I've been giving up to a lot of popular music (used to be a rock & roll junkie interested in dozens of sub genres) and to be honest, it's not as hard as I pictured it. There's a lot of music out there and truly independent artists that have nothing to do with occult bs. For instance, these days I listen to a lot of fully instrumental post rock bands, niche artists that aren't tied with any major label. I don't miss Zeppelin, Sabbath or any of them at all. We just get so attached to these things and don't realize we lived perfectly before knowing them. We can do it too after doing so.

The X-Files

Rookie
I am absolutely not a Satanist, lmao. I'm just being real. You're comparing merely listening to a song to attending a human sacrifice? Then you're the one actually reinforcing the Satanic pretense that great music has the irresistible power to turn your soul to evil. I think one can listen to whatever great music Satanists produce and still live as cleanly as Assisi. People do it all the time. I know people who listen to heavy metal and trap music and somehow manage not to be evil. (To be fair I don't know anyone who listens to black metal, so that hideous shit might really turn you into a monster.) Do I think it's wise for young people to listen to demonic songs all the time? Hell no. But if you're an adult and you have a strong enough faith, you should be able to listen to, say, The Eagles or AC/DC or Lady Gaga without losing yourself to the dark side. If you looked at a beautiful painting by a Satanist for too long, would you be possessed? Not if you really believe in God. I think you might be the one overestimating the power of Satan and underestimating God. Repent. You should have the ability to reappropriate just about every Satanic artistic creation to suit your own righteous worldview. Go listen to Jay Z's PSA and tell me that you can't reinterpret it as a tremendous sinner's unconscious, involuntary confession of guilt. Feel the beat and the hook not as Jay the Illuminati puppet wants you to hear it, but as the soundtrack of God smiling as Jay Z oh-so-proudly betrays himself. The best way to defend against the devil's attempt to seduce you is to chuckle at the devil, not cower in fear. But is it more than the lyrics? Do you think the rhythm and riffs are inherently evil? Do you think holy lyrics couldn't be spit on top of an instrumental version of PSA? Well, if so, I hate to break it to you, but you might as well be an unwitting agent of Satan with that belief. Because what you'd be saying is that only Satan can make the good shit. You'd wind up leaving all the non-evil people with boring crap to listen to. Which would, of course, only tempt them even more to convert to evil. You can't let Satan monopolize coolness.
Don't take it bad or as a personal attack, but all this sound to me like ways to convince yourself that pagan music is not that bad after all if you listen to it in a "correct way". It's like an addict making excuses to keep consuming whatever he's addicted to. I went and I'm still going through that stage, but when you're truly honest with yourself, you know deep down that, in the end, it's just wrong. Listen to what this video has to say about Nine Inch Nails (a band once I liked). These words stuck with me: ""Liking things is an absurd standard to base your behavior on". Think about it and let me know what's your opinion on the Blackpilled's video:

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
I've been giving up to a lot of popular music (used to be a rock & roll junkie interested in dozens of sub genres) and to be honest, it's not as hard as I pictured it. There's a lot of music out there and truly independent artists that have nothing to do with occult bs. For instance, these days I listen to a lot of fully instrumental post rock bands, niche artists that aren't tied with any major label. I don't miss Zeppelin, Sabbath or any of them at all. We just get so attached to these things and don't realize we lived perfectly before knowing them. We can do it too after doing so.
Good for you for being able to break away. I am going through the same struggle. I got rid of all my music about 12 years ago. Thousands of dollars worth of discs in the garbage, only to buy it all back and even more with a massive record collection 9 years later. I have justified it in my head that it is just music and not part of my DNA as it used to be. I have a hard time playing certain bands knowing what I know today and won't play some of them. It's hard to give it up.

The X-Files

Rookie
Good for you for being able to break away. I am going through the same struggle. I got rid of all my music about 12 years ago. Thousands of dollars worth of discs in the garbage, only to buy it all back and even more with a massive record collection 9 years later. I have justified it in my head that it is just music and not part of my DNA as it used to be. I have a hard time playing certain bands knowing what I know today and won't play some of them. It's hard to give it up.
I was in almost in tears when I saw this video and heard what the guy said about NIN and popular music, then reading the comments:

I know how hard it is to turn your back to something you've dedicated so much time and effort. I literally spent years getting albums, digitalizing, labeling by alphabetic order, folders, tags (perfectly written song name, album, year, track number, etc), album covers, etc. But when you finally let it go, it gets easier each day.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
I know how hard it is to turn your back to something you've dedicated so much time and effort. I literally spent years getting albums, digitalizing, labeling by alphabetic order, folders, tags (perfectly written song name, album, year, track number, etc), album covers, etc
That was me as well.
I think the psychological effect the music has on me and others is that it conjures up the past. A time when I was innocent and naive aka ignorant and asleep - better times in a way. So ironically, I play the music today as a distraction from the world I know today, knowing full well its occult origins. But like they say "You can't put the genie back in the bottle"

Last edited:

Diogenes

Established
Nah, I have a great life (I mean,simpler), now, that I don't spend time listening to my supposedly favourite music anymore. It makes me see things clearer and I don't regret it at all that I quit thinking that musicians are like gods or something. No, they just can play an instrument and actually, the final product is just studio gimmickry. That's all. Are they devil worshippers or anything ? Of course they are, they are very weak people deep inside and they choose to chase money and fame to come to terms with their anxieties. Pink Floyd,of course they are occultists. Seems like poor Syd Barrett was the sacrifice they needed to become rich and famous, especially this bastard, Roger Waters,who always seems to hate himself more than anything else in the world. What a miserable human being !

Nah, I have a great life (I mean,simpler), now, that I don't spend time listening to my supposedly favourite music anymore. It makes me see things clearer and I don't regret it at all that I quit thinking that musicians are like gods or something. No, they just can play an instrument and actually, the final product is just studio gimmickry. That's all. Are they devil worshippers or anything ? Of course they are, they are very weak people deep inside and they choose to chase money and fame to come to terms with their anxieties. Pink Floyd,of course they are occultists. Seems like poor Syd Barrett was the sacrifice they needed to become rich and famous, especially this bastard, Roger Waters,who always seems to hate himself more than anything else in the world. What a miserable human being !
Syd Barrett took massive amounts of extremely potent LSD by his own choice. He was never sacrificed and lived to a ripe old age. Some people are kind of schizo to begin with and massive amounts of LSD make it even worse.

Stucky

Star
Floyd were heavily occult. They chose nature and paganism as their preferred medium in telling the same story that all other occultists tell whether it be musicians, authors, poets, movie directors, ballet or opera. For example the album 'Piper at the gates of dawn' so named after 'wind in the willows' character, pan( a childrens book with heavy occult symbolism). On the album there's a song called lucifer sam about a cat familiar. It was during the making of that album that syd lost the plot. I guess heavy lsd abuse and pagan rituals would do that to a lot of folk.

You just have to check out the lyrics to most of their songs and it becomes crystal clear as to what they were into whether it be echoes which is based jointly on Coleridge's 'rime of the ancient mariner' and Homer's 'Odyssey' or any of the lyrics from dsotm...it's all there in almost all their work.

Then there's this sort of thing,

Last edited:

Stucky

Star
Pink Floyd is definitely NOT occult-free.

Dark Side of the Moon used to have a poster insert (in the original album) of the Planet Mars or something... it was very green. :p

My stepdad has a copy of it, still, I think.

Okay, so it's obviously not Mars... wonder what made me think it was, with the pyramids? It's infared.. hm.
Anyway, that ought to do it for you.
If you look into you'll find that it probably is representative of mars.

Diogenes

Established
Syd Barrett took massive amounts of extremely potent LSD by his own choice. He was never sacrificed and lived to a ripe old age. Some people are kind of schizo to begin with and massive amounts of LSD make it even worse.
Sacrifice in the sense of being spent in order for the band to become globally famous. Rick Wright, the keyboard player was not into it, I guess, but Waters and Gilmour were. Gilmour is said to have been the handler of a young Kate Bush. Waters ? Totally part of the elite - today he plays the role of controlled opposition. I know that Barrett consumed acid as if it was his everyday meal, but he was totally the easy victim - a very sensitive and insecure guy. Don't forget that the band and its name were his brainchild.

Diogenes

Established
Floyd were heavily occult. They chose nature and paganism as their preferred medium in telling the same story that all other occultists tell whether it be musicians, authors, poets, movie directors, ballet or opera. For example the album 'Piper at the gates of dawn' so named after 'wind in the willows' character, pan( a childrens book with heavy occult symbolism). On the album there's a song called lucifer sam about a cat familiar. It was during the making of that album that syd lost the plot. I guess heavy lsd abuse and pagan rituals would do that to a lot of folk.

You just have to check out the lyrics to most of their songs and it becomes crystal clear as to what they were into whether it be echoes which is based jointly on Coleridge's 'rime of the ancient mariner' and Homer's 'Odyssey' or any of the lyrics from dsotm...it's all there in almost all their work.

Then there's this sort of thing,

I always found their album covers to be scary. Hipgnosis, the designer's company behind them,has an equal occult and pagan background.

Vmort

Star
Good for you for being able to break away. I am going through the same struggle. I got rid of all my music about 12 years ago.
Same feelings. I cannot rewatch my favorite's singers anymore.
No. It have symbolism. It have been produced by Hivites.
JOHN TODD INTERVIEW
Music industry is ruled by Hivite's companies.

idol

Rookie
they literally have a song called have a cigar i believe. also if you know sid barrets story that affected them deeply it's quite clear he was a victim of mk ultra and such yanno? i still adore floyd tho but everyone is in it. even if they didn't realize it until it was too late.

idol

Rookie
I always found their album covers to be scary. Hipgnosis, the designer's company behind them,has an equal occult and pagan background.
my dad wanted that album cover and their artwork inked lmao i remember in hs i told my bff that i saw the we all when i was three first time bc my dad and he tripped out bc he said as a kid that woulda traumatized him. idk floyd is special to me bc i miss my dad. but when i woke up i could see so much that was obvious inclusion the tragic story of sid barrett.

Diogenes

Established
they literally have a song called have a cigar i believe. also if you know sid barrets story that affected them deeply it's quite clear he was a victim of mk ultra and such yanno? i still adore floyd tho but everyone is in it. even if they didn't realize it until it was too late.
The singer in Have A Cigar is Roy Harper. If you listen to Led Zeppelin III album, there's a song called Hats Off To Harper. That's the same person. He quit the music business at some point and he relocated to Ireland (Cork, I guess ?), where he worked at the post office. He was very successful among fellow musicians, including Jimmy Page,but he never was mainstream.

clambot

Veteran
Using the "logic" of today's youth (which is anything but) anything can be occultic, anything can be free of it (while being drenched in it.)

"Occult" is in the eye of the beholder.