Is Pink Floyd's music occult-free or not?

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
David Gilmore's song "Rattle that Lock" is about the fall of Lucifer from heaven to earth. The lyrics and video are very revealing.

Reactions: NPC

The Zone

Star
The Division Bell and many other songs lyrics are telling. The Floyd was too good not to have a deal with the Devil.

The lunatic is in my head
You raise the blade, you make the change
You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane
You lock the door
And throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Pink Floyd in "Sheep"
"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want . . . With bright knives he RELEASETH MY SOUL/ He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places . . . For lo, he hath great power and GREAT HUNGER."

Pink Floyd's music says it all; it is pure SORCERY! The music, lyrics and visual effects are designed to hypnotize the audience, placing them in an occult induced psycho-trance state. The ultimate goal is to heighten the sense of alienation and futility in each person, towards life, society, family and draw people unwittingly into a saturation of the senses. The music "soundscapes" crafted to generate a temporary feeling of UNIVERSAL "belonging" that eventually dissipates into emptiness, which then exacerbates feelings of loneliness, anger, alienation and finally a sense of resignation (hopelessness.) As the mysterious but seducing waves of melancholic sound sweep over the listener, a feeling of loss is strangely offset by the sensual rapture of the moment, the pounding bass, mournful vocals and haunting guitar solos. The psycho-emotional state created by this band emanates forth from a "SPIRITUAL" (demonic) source exerting an MK Ultra mind control effect on human minds, especially when experienced with drugs, which for most concert attendees is almost MANDATORY. Psychotropic drugs open spiritual doors; it's pure sorcery and it's dangerous!

Last edited:
The very first words they say is “breathe in the air. Don’t be afraid to care..“ They use euphemisms such tiger flying in the sunshine n run rabbit run dig that hole.
Your interpretation makes no sense. The song Breathe is anti-capitalist, it's about how we're working ourselves to death in a way:

Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care

Leave, don't leave me
Look around, choose your own ground

Long you live and high you fly
Smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be

Run, rabbit, run
Dig that hole, forget the sun

When at last the work is done
Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one

Long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
Balanced on the biggest wave

Race towards an early grave

The whole meaning to that song is in the very last line.

The Division Bell and many other songs lyrics are telling.
Such as what?

You raise the blade, you make the change
You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane
You lock the door
And throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
Whilst the album DSOTM is a commentary on death and capitalism, the theme of politics and media is present there. The phrase "you raise the blade, you make the change" is a direct reference to television, as is "there's someone in my head but it's not me".

Considering that all of the lyrics of DSOTM where written by Roger Waters, who is well known outside of Floyd to be a political activist, this just makes more sense.

Pink Floyd in ‘Sheep’

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want . . . With bright knives, he releaseth my soul/ He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places . . . For lo, he hath great power and great hunger."​

Pink Floyd in "Sheep"

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want . . . With bright knives he RELEASETH MY SOUL/ He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places . . . For lo, he hath great power and GREAT HUNGER."​
Orwell's "Animal Farm" is what that album is loosely based off. All of the themes are derived from it. Again, lyrics by Roger Waters, who happens to be an atheist, so him having sarcastic views towards Christianity (of which he does have) wouldn't surprise me.

The same song states:

You better watch out
There may be dogs about
I've looked over Jordan and I have seen
Things are not what they seem

---

What do you get for pretending the danger's not real
Meek and obedient you follow the leader
Down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel

---

Have you heard the news?
The dogs are dead!
You better stay home
And do as you're told
Get out of the road if you want to grow old

He does repeat a lot of the same political themes, probably for good reason, he seems to repeat the same sentiments as this forum. Considering that, I wouldn't be surprised if much of the demographic of this forum was guys in their 50s/60s who grew up listening to Floyd who are disillusioned by society ;)

Last edited:
If you delete all the music associated with the occult, you'll wind up listening to Huey Lewis, Amy Grant, and Barry Manilow. And maybe not even them. Just assume that every musician you've ever liked was into witchcraft, sold their soul to Satan, etc. And then enjoy the music anyway, because despite themselves, no matter how evil they may be, they're teaching you how to not be evil. It's very hard to make music that doesn't embody God, no matter how hard one tries to be sacrilegious. I still love Led Zeppelin, even though I know Page is a piece of shit Crowley disciple. I am powerful and free enough to resist whatever vibes a satanic musician attempts to impart. I used to not be, as a teenager, the vibes depressed me and made me anxious, even as they made me feel cool, so I think keeping this music away from youth may be an excellent idea. It disgusts me how the music industry is basically grooming a generation of tweens with depraved Billie Eilish videos. But if you're an adult with a mind of your own? Don't be afraid. Let the evil little narcissists unwittingly provide the soundtrack for your righteous life. Next time I do karaoke I'll sing Honky Cat by Elton John, even though I know Elton and Bernie were both, uh, "fascinated" with Satan. When I sing it, I'll be reinterpreting the lyrics in my head to conform to my worldview, not theirs. Fuck them.
What about Christian musicians?

Frank Badfinger

Superstar

Vixy

Star
If you delete all the music associated with the occult, you'll wind up listening to Huey Lewis, Amy Grant, and Barry Manilow. And maybe not even them. Just assume that every musician you've ever liked was into witchcraft, sold their soul to Satan, etc. And then enjoy the music anyway, because despite themselves, no matter how evil they may be, they're teaching you how to not be evil. It's very hard to make music that doesn't embody God, no matter how hard one tries to be sacrilegious. I still love Led Zeppelin, even though I know Page is a piece of shit Crowley disciple. I am powerful and free enough to resist whatever vibes a satanic musician attempts to impart. I used to not be, as a teenager, the vibes depressed me and made me anxious, even as they made me feel cool, so I think keeping this music away from youth may be an excellent idea. It disgusts me how the music industry is basically grooming a generation of tweens with depraved Billie Eilish videos. But if you're an adult with a mind of your own? Don't be afraid. Let the evil little narcissists unwittingly provide the soundtrack for your righteous life. Next time I do karaoke I'll sing Honky Cat by Elton John, even though I know Elton and Bernie were both, uh, "fascinated" with Satan. When I sing it, I'll be reinterpreting the lyrics in my head to conform to my worldview, not theirs. Fuck them.
Thats fooling yourself though. The music affects you subconsciously like with everything else they do as long as you listen to it. You cant have it two ways, can't serve Satan with one hand and God with the other. Did you know that it's built in their music that christians draw a curse upon themselves when playing it since they do it volunteeringly? Theres no arguing that, thats why they have certain beats.

Yeah, it affects you subconsciously if you're not paying attention, if you're not listening defensively while taking pleasure.
Such as what? if music is 'against the system', what role would it be serving then?
If it's pro-system, then sure. But the very nature of rock music is usually against the system even though it participates in it's luxuries (sold out concerts)

I say supposedly because any God that tortures Job, murders his family, and then evades Job's perfectly good question of "Why?" by pulling rank with "Do you know who I am?" posturing because he couldn't possibly tell Job the truth which is that it was all to win a bet with Satan...well, that God must be a malevolent phony.
I don't think you get the point of the book of Job. The book was written to convey the idea that you are transgressing against God if you cannot attribute evil to God as equally as good. As to say that God is not either. Job's wrong was that he only attributed the good to God, this is why his life was torn asunder. In the very last chapter, Job is weeping and gives into God and admits where he went wrong.
Satan isn't a thing, it's a title used to refer to several things. Only later in Paul's letters (which is late 1st century) do you start to see a deification of Satan into some kind of "opposite-god".
As a consequence of this; Christianity, just like various forms of Gnosticism that emerged at the same time, is fundamentally duotheism, not monotheism. This in itself comes out of influence from heretical sects of Zoroastrianism which held an evil force that is powerful in opposition to the creator, good force.

I am not saying I agree with the writers of these books either, they are flawed. But this is what they teach.

So you're saying...
As my last sentence says: "I am not saying I agree with the writers of these books either, they are flawed. But this is what they teach."

Sorry, but no God I'm ever going to believe in is THAT evil, evil enough to torture a man and kill his children to win a bet with The Adversary
Well look at the 'actions' of YHWH in the Old Testament. I didn't write those books.

Anyway if you want the moral message of Job, let him speak for himself (Job 42:1-6).

Then Job answered the Lord:
“I know that thou canst do all things,
and that no purpose of thine can be thwarted.
‘Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?’
Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand,
things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.
‘Hear, and I will speak;
I will question you, and you declare to me.’
I had heard of thee by the hearing of the ear,
but now my eye sees thee;
therefore I despise myself,
and repent in dust and ashes.”

It's not all doom and gloom at the end of the story though:

So Eli′phaz the Te′manite and Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Na′amathite went and did what the Lord had told them; and the Lord accepted Job’s prayer. And the Lord restored the fortunes of Job, when he had prayed for his friends; and the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.
(Job 42:9-10)

elsbet

Superstar
Such as what? if music is 'against the system', what role would it be serving then?
If it's pro-system, then sure. But the very nature of rock music is usually against the system even though it participates in it's luxuries (sold out concerts)

I don't think you get the point of the book of Job. The book was written to convey the idea that you are transgressing against God if you cannot attribute evil to God as equally as good. As to say that God is not either. Job's wrong was that he only attributed the good to God, this is why his life was torn asunder. In the very last chapter, Job is weeping and gives into God and admits where he went wrong.
Satan isn't a thing, it's a title used to refer to several things. Only later in Paul's letters (which is late 1st century) do you start to see a deification of Satan into some kind of "opposite-god".
As a consequence of this; Christianity, just like various forms of Gnosticism that emerged at the same time, is fundamentally duotheism, not monotheism. This in itself comes out of influence from heretical sects of Zoroastrianism which held an evil force that is powerful in opposition to the creator, good force.

I am not saying I agree with the writers of these books either, they are flawed. But this is what they teach.
I don't think either of you get the point of Job... js

Three possibilities I see, although I'm sure there are more.

1 - It's pro-system and the music is designed to demoralize you into political uselessness and/or stimulate your libido to make you shop more.
Ok, but find me examples here of music saying that government and dictatorships are good? it's definitely not a common sentiment among rock music

2 - It's anti-system and the music is designed to make you depressed and despise traditional American values in order to soften you up for a conversion to communism and/or stimulate your libido to encourage rebelliousness in general.
Possibly, there could be more of a logical reason here - following your train-of-thought. Pacifying us from rebellion by drilling rebellion into our heads? maybe.
The other end could be that rock music is overall a failure because the intentions behind music cannot muster up much more than emotions, for the most part. Actual revolution won't come just from music, it'd come from actual social and political action.

3 - It's pro-satanism and the music is designed to depress you, turn you off from wholesome things, normalize satanic themes, ideas, habits, rituals and/or stimulate your libido to overthrow all inhibitions. Note that music which could be categorized as 1 and 2 could also serve the interests of 3. It's all the same music, some of it is just emphasized differently.
The problem is that this statement and these beliefs are not provable, nor are they objective, they are subjective beliefs. I can't say a lot else there.

Spades

Established
I believe that frequency is the real magic being used. In 1939, they made a standardized tuning to 440 hz.

They know which frequencies to use in the church, too, as evidenced by this article.

"Once your executive leadership has an idea of how effective VLFC systems can be, it’s usually wise to begin exploring how they can both enhance the worship experience and increase worship engagement in your specific context. Helping pastors understand the history of very low frequencies in worship will also help alleviate any concerns about simply chasing the entertainment factor. When it’s all said and done, these systems should ultimately be seen as another effective tool to reach people with the Gospel in new and dynamic ways."

Sure sounds a whole lot like mass control without consent to me. The use of frequency to sway the congregation. Although, it's no different than the use of church organs in the old days, which were placed in front of specially designed windows to amplify the frequencies.

There are apps to change the frequency of your music in real time, however... it doesn't mesh well with all music. This is my favorite of all time.

Vixy

Star
Yeah, it affects you subconsciously if you're not paying attention, if you're not listening defensively while taking pleasure. (Kind of like going for a joyride in a car but still driving defensively.) Besides, do you not believe in a God more powerful than whatever mindfuck satanic musicians want to inflict? And while you can't serve the two masters at the same time (leave that shit to the Process Church psychos) you can definitely still LISTEN to Satan. You have to admit, Satan is capable of making astonishingly beautiful art, and he's capable of teaching us a lot about this fallen world, as a counter-example, despite himself and his evil purposes. Milton is mostly right in Areopagitica, we actually have a duty as good people to familiarize ourselves with the ugliest knowledge. (Hence, the existence of VC and this forum.) And you realize that God himself supposedly listened to Satan, too? I say supposedly because any God that tortures Job, murders his family, and then evades Job's perfectly good question of "Why?" by pulling rank with "Do you know who I am?" posturing because he couldn't possibly tell Job the truth which is that it was all to win a bet with Satan...well, that God must be a malevolent phony.
You cant reason like that, God being more powerful. Then you could say "God is more powerful so it doesnt matter if I'm with some witches sacrificing this kid" Thats unintelligent and illogic and only because you dont wanna leave Satans music bc it has you in its grip. It STILL affects you although you have God in your life or not, do you think he would prefer you listening to his enemies music because it sounds good to you?

Yeah Satan can make music because GOD made him that way, musical. But youre talking about him like hes incredible and a being above Gods, are you perhaps a satanist? because you really glorify Satan.

Phithx

Veteran
These last weeks I've been depurating my digital music library. I deleted big folders with many gigabytes of music, some of them, entire discographies from artists and bands that I once loved (David Bowie, one of the most notable ones).

So, basically I want to get rid of artists that have links with the occult, and I wonder if Pink Floyd has any clear indications of it in their music. I know the Dark Side of the Moon and the Wizard of Oz synchrony. But is there more?

While we are at there... are there other classic rock bands that seem harmless but aren't?
I would say, like Yoda says, "when you're calm, and at peace, you will know"

My favourite Pink FLoyd - High Hopes: this one with lyrics and interpretation

"And when in doubt don't".

Vmort

Star
Illuminati straignt on. All widely advertised bads are all belong to them, just like Beatles.

Phithx

Veteran
Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
This interpretation says God spoke through them!