Is Pink Floyd's music occult-free or not?

The X-Files

Rookie
These last weeks I've been depurating my digital music library. I deleted big folders with many gigabytes of music, some of them, entire discographies from artists and bands that I once loved (David Bowie, one of the most notable ones).

So, basically I want to get rid of artists that have links with the occult, and I wonder if Pink Floyd has any clear indications of it in their music. I know the Dark Side of the Moon and the Wizard of Oz synchrony. But is there more?

While we are at there... are there other classic rock bands that seem harmless but aren't?

polymoog

Superstar
this is a good question.

this maybe a bit woo-woo, but i will bring it up anyway:
i read years ago that any music that has been put out by big record companies (sony, etc.) has a satanic hex (for lack of a better term) put on it so anyone is listening is exposed to it.
i dont know if thats true or not, but it wouldnt surprise me in the least.

The X-Files

Rookie
this is a good question.

this maybe a bit woo-woo, but i will bring it up anyway:
i read years ago that any music that has been put out by big record companies (sony, etc.) has a satanic hex (for lack of a better term) put on it so anyone is listening is exposed to it.
i dont know if thats true or not, but it wouldnt surprise me in the least.
I wouldn't count out anything at this point. For example, there's a theory about rock music and other contemporary genres being based on ancient druid rhythms.

https://spiritdaily.org/blog/archives/rock-3

The X-Files

Rookie
If you want to deny yourself listening to pure genius like Bowie due to stupid conspiracy theories that’s on you.

I've done my research. It's not only "stupid conspiracy theories". I enjoyed Bowie's music for years, but I never fully understood what he was saying and the symbols he used. Now I digged into the lyrics, the references, old interviews, the imagery in his albums, videos and costumes. I'd be lying to myself if I said he wasn't into esoterism and occult stuff. Damn, he even openly said it: those were his main interests for several years.

Listen carefully to The Man Who Sold the World, Hunky Dory, Station to Station, Outside, Black Star... it's all there.

Last edited:

Emochefamo

Quindi, per rimanere fuori da questa merda, dovremmo smettere di ascoltare praticamente tutti i cantanti, sia quelli più grandi che quelli più moderni

My two cents.

Don't. Worry.

Music (or anything else) can only harm you if you allow it to. Even if it is "occult", it's not going to curse your life or make you worship the devil. It's not going to even make you feel negative unless you let it.

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.:cool: But really, the digs don't help.
Nothing he says is wrong. Dude is prone to posting shit, totally ignoring any response (especially if people call him out) only to respond with general "everyone is wrong but me".

Lurker

Star
Nothing he says is wrong. Dude is prone to posting shit, totally ignoring any response (especially if people call him out) only to respond with general "everyone is wrong but me"
I'll agree to disagree. I feel referring to someone as "horse piss" is wrong and does not help.

Allegra

Veteran
Music (or anything else) can only harm you if you allow it to. Even if it is "occult", it's not going to curse your life or make you worship the devil. It's not going to even make you feel negative unless you let it.
Lol do you even know that occult music works like/or as a spell?

Alright here below I’m gonna tell just a story from a friend in my Christian community. If you don’t believe then that’s fine, ignore it. Trashing on someone’s story and experience won’t make you look or feel better. If you’re Christian or believe in spiritual darkness please take time to read this.

I have a friend who was into rock music, he’s just 20 years old good boi, he listened to a song and the lyrics chanting demons names. Even though he didn’t think much of it but the demons names stuck in his head for days and making him feel bad. He finally asked his parents to pray for him and after that those names gone from his mind.

Also be careful when you watch any videos explaining or showing occult ritual, just because you think it’s just watching and no biggie, a spell is a spell. My sister watched a skull and bones video, it was just a mini documentary but in that doc they give preview of S&B spells. My sister didn’t think too much of it but she read a comment saying to mute or skip the video around certain minute because it’s dangerous. My sister finally skipped it but she didn’t pray God for protection.
Later at night, my mom woke up in the middle of the night and she saw some demons in robes on top of my sister chanting a spell. She quickly called the name of Jesus and those demons gone. In the morning my mom asked her what happened to her and what did she do, and my sister was clueless until she remembered about the video.

Be careful what you’re encountered, watching and listening.

Alright here below I’m gonna tell just a story from a friend in my Christian community. If you don’t believe then that’s fine, ignore it. Trashing on someone’s story and experience won’t make you look or feel better. If you’re Christian or believe in spiritual darkness please take time to read this.

I have a friend who was into rock music, he’s just 20 years old good boi, he listened to a song and the lyrics chanting demons names. Even though he didn’t think much of it but the demons names stuck in his head for days and making him feel bad. He finally asked his parents to pray for him and after that those names gone from his mind.

Also be careful when you watch any videos explaining or showing occult ritual, just because you think it’s just watching and no biggie, a spell is a spell. My sister watched a skull and bones video, it was just a mini documentary but in that doc they give preview of S&B spells. My sister didn’t think too much of it but she read a comment saying to mute or skip the video around certain minute because it’s dangerous. My sister finally skipped it but she didn’t pray God for protection.
Later at night, my mom woke up in the middle of the night and she saw some demons in robes on top of my sister chanting a spell. She quickly called the name of Jesus and those demons gone. In the morning my mom asked her what happened to her and what did she do, and my sister was clueless until she remembered about the video.

Yeesh that's creepy. I'd tend to agree that these things are pretty scientific. They can connect you to real spiritual realities whether you like it or not. Black magic works in the subconscious. It's laws work in the subconscious reality of ourselves, which is the domain of fear, anger, pride, lust, etc. Those are the elements that these things manipulate and use for their power. That's why I find prayer essential and for those who aren't religious, I think its essential to have some practice that will take you out of your subconscious in the day, meditation, gardening, i dont know. But these things have no power when we are freed from those subconsious parts of ourselves through prayer and aspiration to something higher that ourself.

I dont know about pink floyd, but all modern songs and videos seem like legit black magic rituals. If I watch one of the music videos, I put it on mute and it seems to break the spell and make you able to see it for what it is. But the rhythm, the tones, the words, they honestly seem like scientific manipulation of the dark side of man

I do, actually. I've done a lot of research into the occult in general. Magic is largely psycosomantic. I won't say there's no power to the occult but there's a reason you never hear about skeptics getting cursed or bringing some supernatural enitity into their lives. They give it no power.

Magic, by it's nature, is only effective if you believe. I'll explain why that matters in a sec.

It's likely because he was a good Christian kid, who listened to music that's culturally taboo in community, so he became obsessed with it. Since he embraced the taboo, even on an unconsciousness level, it had a negative effect on him. In short, he performed a ritual simply by listening to it... But there was no curse in the song.

If songs about demons and dark topic had powers... Well, why do I believe that the only legitimate use of violence is self-defense, often pray, and genuinely suffer no ill effect from "demonic" music?

Again, belief is power. Since your family, obviously religious, puts a lot of power into that thing it has power over them.

My suggestion is to stop doing that; stop giving a song the power of a curse, stop giving a symbol the power of evil. Of course, you feel something is bad for you, by all means, avoid it... But only avoid it if you feel its bad for you. Not because of someone else on the internet said Pink Floyd is bad for you.

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
to add up what @Corvus Metus said, this is straight from Goetia, the famous book:

"The spirits of goetia are portions of the human brain. Their seals therefore represent methods of stimulating or regulating those particular spots (trough the eye)".

Can someone embbed a message in a music that AFFECTS YOUR BRRRRRAIN? yes.
Do some magic, hexes, evil eyes work like poison (you don't have to believe in the poison to die from it)? yes.

But then again, i'm sure Corvus will agree with me, these things feed on fear and other emotions and they work best if you believe in them.

As he said, if you feel that something is bad or wrong stay away from it.

Allegra

Veteran
Demonic attack is offense. You don't only allow them, even if you think you don't feel like open an opening or you don't fear them, etc, let me tell you, it doesn't work. It's all nothing but false assurance.

You can say, oh cuz you're a religious, there are plenty people who are non religious experience demonic/spiritual attack. It's not just a matter of that. Just because you don't feel an intimidate feeling doesn't mean you are not under a spell. Under a spell is not about feeling negative energy, being under it can affect you from your normal daily life, failing in relationships, unexpected illnesses, depression, anxiety, weird obsession, uncontrollable emotions like anger, sadness, etc. A lot of people don't know they are under it because they don't believe in it but that doesnt mean they are not under spell.

But you know what. If you dont believe that's fine. If you feel you are guarding yourself, let me tell you, your power alone is not enough to stop or chase away demonic entities.

The X-Files

Rookie
Demonic attack is offense. You don't only allow them, even if you think you don't feel like open an opening or you don't fear them, etc, let me tell you, it doesn't work. It's all nothing but false assurance.

You can say, oh cuz you're a religious, there are plenty people who are non religious experience demonic/spiritual attack. It's not just a matter of that. Just because you don't feel an intimidate feeling doesn't mean you are not under a spell. Under a spell is not about feeling negative energy, being under it can affect you from your normal daily life, failing in relationships, unexpected illnesses, depression, anxiety, weird obsession, uncontrollable emotions like anger, sadness, etc. A lot of people don't know they are under it because they don't believe in it but that doesnt mean they are not under spell.

But you know what. If you dont believe that's fine. If you feel you are guarding yourself, let me tell you, your power alone is not enough to stop or chase away demonic entities.
I agree with this a lot. We are the least objective when it comes to judge our own lives and what's going on in them. We usually can't tell how much something directly affects us (a movie, a song, a book, a symbol, a tv advertisement). We are prone to deny our own evident problems. One usually feels like it's just life and random things that happens to us. But the things we're exposed to can substantially change our moods, thoughts and general perspective of life.

It's dangerous to think that one is invulnerable to carefully crafted products (music, public figures, advertisements, pop culture) that are backed up with deep knowledge of human psyche. People that are behind this (be it occult or not) know what they do.

For example, yesterday I accidentally learned that cartoon characters in cereal boxes are drown purposely staring slightly down, at kids' average height, so they feel more encouraged to buy the product.

http://www.ucreative.com/articles/cereal-box-design-psychology/

Seems like a random instance, but that kind of little things are quite telling. They're experts at it. Don't let your guard down.

Last edited: