Is LGBT+ acceptance campaign starting to backfire?

Lisa

Superstar
That’s a lot of taxpayer money..

City of San Antonio spends $315K in legal fees to banning Chick-fil-A from its airport over company's 'anti-gay stance'

And the city of Fort Collins backs down to save tax payer money...
Deputy Director of Information for the city of Fort Collins Tyler Marr said:
“I think the council as they articulated in their 4-3 vote, really just thought as a matter of priority, no guarantee of success or that the Supreme Court would even take it up, that the money was just better spent on other city priorities.”

JoChris

Superstar
Here is an opinion piece from a transwoman directed to us TERFS.

The comment from a reader deserves attention and says what all normal people are thinking already (I am pleasantly surprised they kept it on the website):

This site was mentioned a while back in an article about the two teenage boys running in girl’s track at a couple of high schools in Connecticut. Since reading that article, I’ve stopped by from time to time as I find the subject matter to be interesting. Interesting in a "what the hell are they saying today" kind of way. While here yesterday I saw your "New Year’s message". I read it but resisted the urge to state my opinion. After sleeping on it, that has obviously changed.

Your "message" starts off like a server at a restaurant approaching one’s table and asking "waddaya want asshole?". I’m not going to pretend to be understanding or to coddle your delicate feelings. You use the word "transphobe" as if to state we, society in general, are afraid of you. The better, more accurate term, since you feel you must use some derogatory term for "us", would be "transskeptic". Why don’t you try that one on for size? You seem to think we are always attacking you. That we hate you. I don’t believe that to be the case at all. We simply don’t believe you. We don’t take kindly to anyone, anyone, telling us what to think or believe. We don’t take kindly to anyone telling us that we MUST address a man with female pronouns. Stop trying to make us.

All through your statement you ask "can we agree on that", without giving us the chance to tell you if we agree or not. We don’t, in fact, agree on most of your points. That is the issue. If we did, you wouldn’t feel compelled to write your insulting and presumptuous New Year’s message.

Regarding your insistence that "trans women are women" and thus should be able to compete against women in their sports. This is perhaps the most offensive and egregious of your positions. To state that women’s rights, young girl’s rights, aren’t being pushed aside is atrocious. To pretend that a "trans" woman doesn’t have a physical advantage in MOST situations is absolutely ridiculous and insulting to most people with any common sense. With any luck, schools at all levels will stop the spread of this dangerous idea. You should be ashamed of yourself for promoting it.

You have your little world to live in as a woman. Good on you. Have a blast. But, for your sake and ours, please stop trying to force us to believe that you are somehow, magically, now a woman. Stop calling us "transphobes" as it is not an accurate description. No one is afraid of you. The very fact that you have to reach so far in order to justify your positions speaks volumes.
You didn’t seem to concerned about my feelings with your letter. I hope you’re not too offended that I’m not really concerned with yours.

Posted by Det. McClane on Jan 10, 2020 | 9:45 AM

Lisa

Superstar
Drag queens to make historical debut — during Super Bowl LIV
“RuPaul’s Drag Race” alumni Kim Chi and Miz Cracker will appear in an ad for Sabra hummus during Feb. 2’s championship football game.

Oh, how all of this lgbtq stuff is an abomination to the Lord thy God. I'm not talking about the fact you're discussing it, but the fact it's a thing. If anything, the lgbtq community is forced upon people and yet they say they're the ones that get attacked the most. What a joke.

Oversaturation, lol.

I'm not talking about "ideology" - whatever you mean by that.
I'm talking about sexual orientation and how it's clearly not a choice that people make.

Dude.... one this is pretty much certain: being gay is not a matter of just deciding to be so.
One either is or is not gay or bi or hetero.

That there is no underlying biological explanation (yet) as to be able to say "here, this gene here" or "that hormonal balance right there", or whatever, as being the reason for being gay or not, does not change the fact that gay or hetero people don't choose to be so.

It is a fact that it is not a matter of choice.
And if you would actually spend some time informing yourself, talking to some gay people and looking inwards to your own sexuality and sexual orientation, you would understand this.

But obviously your religious beliefs prevent you from undertaking that sort of test with any form of honesty.

"subjective human morals", I'd like to see what your "objective, nonhuman morals" are, but you do not have any. Your beliefs against gay people come from equally (if not more) subjective morals, however judging by the deity you worship, the word 'moral' can hardly be associated with it. To call the Christian God "moral" would be an oxymoron.

This is part of the outbreak of homophobia, is that gay, bi and trans people are not well represented and you seem to have big issues with it when they finally get some attention.

Good for you. But your asexuality is your business. Other people like sex and don't need you telling them that they are being immoral because they like something that you don't.

Other animal species, who aren't able to achieve orgasms, don't "enjoy" sex but thrive as a species nonetheless. In fact, there are even species out there where the male gets eaten by the female right after depositing his seed.

Clearly, sex doesn't need to be enjoyable in order to ensure procreation.

Contrary to what you seem to believe, you don't get to dictate to others what their purpose in life is.

If you think sexual orientation is a choice, you are bisexual. Only bisexuals get to choose.

Demonstrate it.

God's design happens to include gay people.
Forbidding them to be gay, would thus be against god's design.

If god didn't want gay people, maybe he shouldn't have designed gay people.

It's also very possible that there is another, related (directly or indirectly), trait that IS actually evolutionary relevant and of which the occasional homosexual individual is but a side effect. And that in that way, homosexuality kind of "piggy backed" on the evolutionary wave of that other trait, which is actually the thing that selection favours.

However to me though, all that isn't really relevant in a discussion of whether or not it's okay to be gay.
Just like it doesn't matter to me how evolution made us end up with white and black people. No matter what that explanation is, it's not really going to change anything in the discussion of wheter or not it is okay to be black......

If god designed humans, then it's not outside his design because the fact is that homosexual humans exist.

Yeah you're definitely confused, God didn't design gay people. People get tempted (by satan) to like the same sex, and if they give in, that was their choice. Notice how the lgbtq community connects with all things evil. The love in this world is fake as this is the devils world. No, that does not mean you don't in conclusion love your parents, friends, acquaintances, but with the lgbtq community, it's just not happening. We humans are a mess though, it's Gods love that saves us. Well, his people. Anyways, gay people aren't born gay, they have the decision to be gay, "Yeah, I have came out the closet and DECIDED to announce I'm gay." "Yeah man, this was MY choice to be gay, I don't care what others say!" Ultimately, we are born with over a thousand choices, and those choices determine our future. You wanna willingly be gay and be an abomination against God? Horrible, but you're the one that gave in, not God. He doesn't tempt, nor can be tempted. That was the point of him saying he hates these things. He would not create us to be what he's against, that would mean he's a hypocritical unfair unjust God, and he isn't that way, THANK GOD.

A Freeman

Superstar
Here is an opinion piece from a transwoman directed to us TERFS.

The comment from a reader deserves attention and says what all normal people are thinking already (I am pleasantly surprised they kept it on the website):

This site was mentioned a while back in an article about the two teenage boys running in girl’s track at a couple of high schools in Connecticut. Since reading that article, I’ve stopped by from time to time as I find the subject matter to be interesting. Interesting in a "what the hell are they saying today" kind of way. While here yesterday I saw your "New Year’s message". I read it but resisted the urge to state my opinion. After sleeping on it, that has obviously changed.

Your "message" starts off like a server at a restaurant approaching one’s table and asking "waddaya want asshole?". I’m not going to pretend to be understanding or to coddle your delicate feelings. You use the word "transphobe" as if to state we, society in general, are afraid of you. The better, more accurate term, since you feel you must use some derogatory term for "us", would be "transskeptic". Why don’t you try that one on for size? You seem to think we are always attacking you. That we hate you. I don’t believe that to be the case at all. We simply don’t believe you. We don’t take kindly to anyone, anyone, telling us what to think or believe. We don’t take kindly to anyone telling us that we MUST address a man with female pronouns. Stop trying to make us.

All through your statement you ask "can we agree on that", without giving us the chance to tell you if we agree or not. We don’t, in fact, agree on most of your points. That is the issue. If we did, you wouldn’t feel compelled to write your insulting and presumptuous New Year’s message.

Regarding your insistence that "trans women are women" and thus should be able to compete against women in their sports. This is perhaps the most offensive and egregious of your positions. To state that women’s rights, young girl’s rights, aren’t being pushed aside is atrocious. To pretend that a "trans" woman doesn’t have a physical advantage in MOST situations is absolutely ridiculous and insulting to most people with any common sense. With any luck, schools at all levels will stop the spread of this dangerous idea. You should be ashamed of yourself for promoting it.

You have your little world to live in as a woman. Good on you. Have a blast. But, for your sake and ours, please stop trying to force us to believe that you are somehow, magically, now a woman. Stop calling us "transphobes" as it is not an accurate description. No one is afraid of you. The very fact that you have to reach so far in order to justify your positions speaks volumes.
You didn’t seem to concerned about my feelings with your letter. I hope you’re not too offended that I’m not really concerned with yours.

Posted by Det. McClane on Jan 10, 2020 | 9:45 AM
What people should be concerned with is how we got to the point where abominations like this are not just to be tolerated but forced on everyone.

A Freeman

Superstar
Yeah you're definitely confused, God didn't design gay people. People get tempted (by satan) to like the same sex, and if they give in, that was their choice. Notice how the lgbtq community connects with all things evil. The love in this world is fake as this is the devils world. No, that does not mean you don't in conclusion love your parents, friends, acquaintances, but with the lgbtq community, it's just not happening. We humans are a mess though, it's Gods love that saves us. Well, his people. Anyways, gay people aren't born gay, they have the decision to be gay, "Yeah, I have came out the closet and DECIDED to announce I'm gay." "Yeah man, this was MY choice to be gay, I don't care what others say!" Ultimately, we are born with over a thousand choices, and those choices determine our future. You wanna willingly be gay and be an abomination against God? Horrible, but you're the one that gave in, not God. He doesn't tempt, nor can be tempted. That was the point of him saying he hates these things. He would not create us to be what he's against, that would mean he's a hypocritical unfair unjust God, and he isn't that way, THANK GOD.
Love is not something that we can make ourselves. There is one source for it: God, Who IS Love.

So those who are so terribly confused that they become homosexuals have no idea what love is, regardless of what they may claim to the contrary.

A Freeman

Superstar
You should have left it at exactly...
You should have remained silent and only thought of as a fool, rather than writing and removing all doubt.

ALL of the evil/sin we are now experiencing in this current-day Sodom and Gomorrah that we live in is the direct result of our disobedience to our Creator and His Perfect Law.

Anyone who claims differently is obviously arguing with the Opposer/Satan AGAINST God.

Lisa

Superstar
ALL of the evil/sin we are now experiencing in this current-day Sodom and Gomorrah that we live in is the direct result of our disobedience to our Creator and His Perfect Law.
Sure, but you don’t understand that the law was given to show us that we aren’t capable of keeping that law and living up to the standards of God. We don’t refuse to keep the law..we can’t keep the law.

A Freeman

Superstar
Sure, but you don’t understand that the law was given to show us that we aren’t capable of keeping that law and living up to the standards of God. We don’t refuse to keep the law..we can’t keep the law.
So you think God is an idiot?

justjess

Superstar
So... my husbands cousin has a teenager a couple months younger than my son. Born a girl, then said she was a lesbian, then about a year ago declared she is actually a boy and then on top of that a gay boy because she’s a boy who likes boys..

Anyway we never see these people but they came over a couple months back and my husband went out with his cousin and I was left with the kid who I haven’t seen in approximately ten years. I tried very very hard to not use any pronouns at all and just use the chosen name to refer to them however at one point I slipped and said she (hard not to, looks like a she, sounds like a she and I’ve always known her as a she so this is an adjustment for me too).

The teens response? To scream at me at the top of her lungs “I HAVE A DICK” at which point my son screamed back “SO DO I, SO WHAT” so I apologized profusely and tried to explain that while this is an adjustment for them it is also an adjustment for everyone around them and the slip wasn’t a matter of disrespect but human error. Kid didn’t speak to me the rest of the miserable afternoon they were at my home. Then my lesbian sister in law called me yelling at me that I was wrong blah blah. I found the whole episode pretty amusing and sad tbh.

Moral of the story: people are people and we all have quirks and fall short etc, but if your going to demand respect and understanding from someone you should be willing to extend the same in return. Not doing so hurts your own cause.

A Freeman

Superstar
Why do you ask that?
You must think God is an idiot if you think our Omnisicent (ALL-Knowing) and Loving God gave us a Law that He allegedly knew we couldn't keep, just so He could allegedly show us we aren't capable of keeping The Law.

It's also calling Christ a liar (Matt. 5:17-18, Matt. 19:26). So you're not only calling God an idiot, but you think Christ is a liar as well.

You may want to rethink your position.

A Freeman

Superstar
So... my husbands cousin has a teenager a couple months younger than my son. Born a girl, then said she was a lesbian, then about a year ago declared she is actually a boy and then on top of that a gay boy because she’s a boy who likes boys..

Anyway we never see these people but they came over a couple months back and my husband went out with his cousin and I was left with the kid who I haven’t seen in approximately ten years. I tried very very hard to not use any pronouns at all and just use the chosen name to refer to them however at one point I slipped and said she (hard not to, looks like a she, sounds like a she and I’ve always known her as a she so this is an adjustment for me too).

The teens response? To scream at me at the top of her lungs “I HAVE A DICK” at which point my son screamed back “SO DO I, SO WHAT” so I apologized profusely and tried to explain that while this is an adjustment for them it is also an adjustment for everyone around them and the slip wasn’t a matter of disrespect but human error. Kid didn’t speak to me the rest of the miserable afternoon they were at my home. Then my lesbian sister in law called me yelling at me that I was wrong blah blah. I found the whole episode pretty amusing and sad tbh.

Moral of the story: people are people and we all have quirks and fall short etc, but if your going to demand respect and understanding from someone you should be willing to extend the same in return. Not doing so hurts your own cause.
The most respectful thing that any of us could do for these very sick people is to stone them, according to The Law our Creator gave us. Then everyone would think twice about wanting to be a sexual pervert, sexual predator or sexual deviant who has their own body mutilated to serve their own self-seeking interests, which would save everyone all of this needless grief.

Lisa

Superstar
You must think God is an idiot if you think our Omnisicent (ALL-Knowing) and Loving God gave us a Law that He allegedly knew we couldn't keep, just so He could allegedly show us we aren't capable of keeping The Law.

It's also calling Christ a liar (Matt. 5:17-18, Matt. 19:26). So you're not only calling God an idiot, but you think Christ is a liar as well.

You may want to rethink your position.
You may want to rethink yours!
Romans‬ ‭3:20‬ ‭
Because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

Galatians‬ ‭3:19, 21-24‬ ‭
Why the Law then? It was added because of transgressions, having been ordained through angels by the agency of a mediator, until the seed would come to whom the promise had been made.

Is the Law then contrary to the promises of God? May it never be! For if a law had been given which was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law. But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed. Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith.
‭‭​