Is LGBT+ acceptance campaign starting to backfire?

saki

Star
I feel very strongly about protection of many women being put at risk by a tiny few claiming they are women also.

I have known domestic violence survivors, r*pe survivors and incest survivors. Not a single one of those women could have physically been able to protect themselves from a transsexual "woman' who took a liking to them.
If wanting biological women to be safe makes me a TERF, then I will wear that label with pride.
....wish this forum allowed "UP" votes... besides replying directly... 2X "UP"s for this...what is going on with this 'trans-woman' thing is only going to lead to heartbreak and 'less-than-desirable' consequences for all involved...

JoChris

Superstar
....wish this forum allowed "UP" votes... besides replying directly... 2X "UP"s for this...what is going on with this 'trans-woman' thing is only going to lead to heartbreak and 'less-than-desirable' consequences for all involved...
I did a search on TERFS and we certainly are disliked by the thought police.
https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/feminism/2017/09/what-terf-how-internet-buzzword-became-mainstream-slur

I never thought I would see the day when the Cosmopolitan magazine would put transgender women before real women. https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/love-sex/relationships/a28935330/terf-meaning/

saki

Star
...this report is so 'numbers-heavy', it's kinda hard to follow for a liberal arts major, like me.... but suffice it to say, it appears that 'they' are not satisfied by the current representation of their numbers...
...here's the 'money-shot': In the opening paragraphs of the report, GLAAD President Sarah Kate Ellis states that television plays a crucial role in our culture when it comes to “changing hearts and minds.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/glaad-we-want-20-of-series-regular-characters-to-be-lgbtq-by-2025
GLAAD: We Want ‘20% Of Series Regular Characters’ To Be ‘LGBTQ By 2025’
By Frank Camp

On Thursday, GLAAD published its annual “Where We Are on TV” report, which examines the number of LGBTQ characters on television.

In the opening paragraphs of the report, GLAAD President Sarah Kate Ellis states that television plays a crucial role in our culture when it comes to “changing hearts and minds.” She adds that according to a study, “less than one-quarter of Americans have a close friend or family member who is transgender,” which means many Americans “learn about trans people from what they see in television, movies, and news.”

Due to this statistic, Ellis says, the casting of trans actor Brian Michael Smith in Fox’s “9-1-1: Lone Star” is important.

The report then cites an online survey of 2,037 adults conducted by Harris Poll suggesting that 20% of Americans ages 18-34 identify as LGBTQ, and that approximately 12% of overall respondents identify as LGBTQ.

However, according to a 2017 Gallup survey that conducted “telephone interviews with a random sample of 340,604 U.S. adults,” only 4.5% of the U.S. population identify as LGBT.

According to Gallup: “The percentage of millennials who identify as LGBT expanded from 7.3% to 8.1% from 2016 to 2017, and is up from 5.8% in 2012.”

The GLAAD report issued a final challenge to the television industry:
GLAAD is calling on the industry to ensure that 20 percent of series regular characters on primetime scripted broadcast series are LGBTQ by 2025. Further, we would challenge all platforms to make sure that within the next two years, half of LGBTQ characters on every platform are people of color. While broadcast has actually hit this mark two years in a row, cable and streaming have yet to reach this goal. These two steps are key moves towards ensuring that entertainment reflects the world in which it is created and the audience who consumes it.​
Even if one uses GLAAD’s survey data as a real estimate of the percentage of LGBTQ persons in the United States, the organization’s challenge that “20% of series regular characters on primetime scripted broadcast series” should be LGBTQ by the year 2025 would amount to severe overrepresentation.

Using GLAAD’s data, LGBTQ television characters would outweigh the actual LGBTQ population by 40%. Using Gallup’s data, the difference would be even more stark, with LGBT characters on television outweighing the actual LGBT population by 77.5% by 2025.

GLAAD’s push for overrepresentation could be a factor in the overestimation of the actual LGBT population by many Americans.

In 2019, Gallup asked respondents: “Just your best guess, what percent of Americans today would you say are gay or lesbian?”

The average respondent believed that 23.6% of the population is gay or lesbian. Broken down further, 35% guessed that the gay and lesbian population was “more than 25%”; 19% guessed that it was between “20% to 25%”; 10% guessed that it was “15% to less than 20%”; and 14% guessed that it was “10% to less than 15%.”

Only 8% guessed that the percentage of gay and lesbian persons in the United States was “less than 5%.”

Lisa

Superstar
television plays a crucial role in our culture when it comes to “changing hearts and minds.”
Without a doubt! They are good at it too... they normalize everything.

saki

Star
""Do you want LGBT people to die?" the teacher reportedly asked."

https://www.wnd.com/2019/11/10-year-olds-say-suspended-asking-excused-lgbt-lesson/
10-year-olds say they were suspended after asking to be excused from LGBT lesson
Ryan Ledendecker, The Western Journal
Published November 11, 2019 at 10:47am

The thought police are on the prowl once more, reducing independent thinkers and religious individuals to a pile of embarrassment and shame -- even if their targets are only children.

In South London, two 10-year-old Christian students say they were suspended after they asked their Heavers Farm Primary School headteacher if they could forgo participation in a lesson about LGBT topics during "Pride Month."

Headteacher Susan Papas allegedly told both kids, who are of African heritage, that their opposition to the LGBT activity made them "a disappointment to the school," Christian Concern reported.

The students, Farrell Spence and Kaysey Francis, were given five hours of detention and were suspended for a week. Watch Kaysey defend her beliefs in the video below.

Christian Concern@CConcern
Watch a 10-year-old child’s view of the damaging impact of the LGBT agenda in schools. Kaysey was manipulated, bullied & unlawfully excluded by her headteacher for alleged anti-LGBT comments. Kaysey categorically denies the allegations and she is backed by children in her class.

The debacle started on June 20, after Farrell received propaganda-like LGBT coloring material from his teacher Alex Smith. When asked if he could skip the activity, Smith denied Farell’s request and told him it was part of the curriculum.

Later, Smith accused Farrell of saying "LGBT sucks and LGBT’s dumb," however, the pre-teen denies ever using "homophobic language."

During his next class, Farrell told a different teacher that he couldn’t "accept LGBT" because of his Catholic faith. He said this while sitting beside Kaysey Francis, a Pentecostal Christian classmate who shared his sentiment.

"Do you want LGBT people to die?" the teacher reportedly asked.

The two students responded "no," but added that same-sex couples would be punished if they lived in their countries of origin. Farrell told the teacher that he was of "African Jamaican" descent and that "everybody is Christian and Catholic, so they don’t accept LGBT."

Word spread quickly about the students, prompting headteacher Papas to allegedly harass the students and give them five hours of detention that day.

"How dare you? You are a disappointment to the school," Papas said, according to the two students.

Papas -- whose daughter is lesbian and the School Manager -- reportedly reamed Kaysey after the kids were put in separate rooms, saying, "How dare you say that you want to kill LGBT people?"

'I didn’t say kill." Kaysey responded. Papas shouted back "Yes, you did, and don’t lie" before beginning the detention.

The mothers of Farrell and Kaysey are fighting the suspension, noting that students cannot be suspended for "a non-disciplinary reason," per the school’s own regulations.

A spokeswoman for Heavers Farm Primary School issued a statement to The Western Journal on Monday.

“We take our duty to teach the fundamental British values of tolerance, equal rights and mutual respect very seriously," the statement said. "We will not tolerate any violence, or the threat of it, against any members of our community and we will always take necessary steps to protect our pupils, staff and visitors."

The incident reminds me of a Bible story in Daniel 3 about Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego -- three God-fearing Jewish boys who refused to bow down to the King of Babylon, King Nebuchadnezzar.

When they refused to submit, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were thrown into a massive furnace that became so hot that the people who threw them were killed by the heat.

But when Nebuchadnezzar looked into the fire, he saw four people walking around -- Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego and the Son of God. Not a hair on their head was singed and they had the divine support they needed to withstand the fire and flames.

Farrell and Kaysey stood strong for biblical values in the heat of the moment and now they are joined by tens of thousands of like-minded people who agree with them.

JoChris

Superstar
...this report is so 'numbers-heavy', it's kinda hard to follow for a liberal arts major, like me.... but suffice it to say, it appears that 'they' are not satisfied by the current representation of their numbers...
...here's the 'money-shot': In the opening paragraphs of the report, GLAAD President Sarah Kate Ellis states that television plays a crucial role in our culture when it comes to “changing hearts and minds.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/glaad-we-want-20-of-series-regular-characters-to-be-lgbtq-by-2025
GLAAD: We Want ‘20% Of Series Regular Characters’ To Be ‘LGBTQ By 2025’
By Frank Camp

On Thursday, GLAAD published its annual “Where We Are on TV” report, which examines the number of LGBTQ characters on television.

In the opening paragraphs of the report, GLAAD President Sarah Kate Ellis states that television plays a crucial role in our culture when it comes to “changing hearts and minds.” She adds that according to a study, “less than one-quarter of Americans have a close friend or family member who is transgender,” which means many Americans “learn about trans people from what they see in television, movies, and news.”

Due to this statistic, Ellis says, the casting of trans actor Brian Michael Smith in Fox’s “9-1-1: Lone Star” is important.

The report then cites an online survey of 2,037 adults conducted by Harris Poll suggesting that 20% of Americans ages 18-34 identify as LGBTQ, and that approximately 12% of overall respondents identify as LGBTQ.

However, according to a 2017 Gallup survey that conducted “telephone interviews with a random sample of 340,604 U.S. adults,” only 4.5% of the U.S. population identify as LGBT.

According to Gallup: “The percentage of millennials who identify as LGBT expanded from 7.3% to 8.1% from 2016 to 2017, and is up from 5.8% in 2012.”

The GLAAD report issued a final challenge to the television industry:
GLAAD is calling on the industry to ensure that 20 percent of series regular characters on primetime scripted broadcast series are LGBTQ by 2025. Further, we would challenge all platforms to make sure that within the next two years, half of LGBTQ characters on every platform are people of color. While broadcast has actually hit this mark two years in a row, cable and streaming have yet to reach this goal. These two steps are key moves towards ensuring that entertainment reflects the world in which it is created and the audience who consumes it.​
Even if one uses GLAAD’s survey data as a real estimate of the percentage of LGBTQ persons in the United States, the organization’s challenge that “20% of series regular characters on primetime scripted broadcast series” should be LGBTQ by the year 2025 would amount to severe overrepresentation.

Using GLAAD’s data, LGBTQ television characters would outweigh the actual LGBTQ population by 40%. Using Gallup’s data, the difference would be even more stark, with LGBT characters on television outweighing the actual LGBT population by 77.5% by 2025.

GLAAD’s push for overrepresentation could be a factor in the overestimation of the actual LGBT population by many Americans.

In 2019, Gallup asked respondents: “Just your best guess, what percent of Americans today would you say are gay or lesbian?”

The average respondent believed that 23.6% of the population is gay or lesbian. Broken down further, 35% guessed that the gay and lesbian population was “more than 25%”; 19% guessed that it was between “20% to 25%”; 10% guessed that it was “15% to less than 20%”; and 14% guessed that it was “10% to less than 15%.”

Only 8% guessed that the percentage of gay and lesbian persons in the United States was “less than 5%.”
On Australian TV shows it feels like they have crossed past 20% easily. The men are the worst with the lisps and hand gestures.

As well as the soapies and the comedy shows every major non-fictional show has them, journalists, TV presenters, comedians etc.
Lifestyle shows e.g. My Kitchen Rules and House renovation competitions has a mandatory gay couple.

I feel like I am avoiding more and more TV shows as a result. I am sick of it.

saki

Star
...now, it's extorting the Salvation Army...... for those on VC who are not in the US... the Dallas Cowboys (American football) have played every Thanksgiving Day (11/28/2019 this year)... a Thanksgiving Day 'institution' for as long as I have been alive...expected...planned-for... anticipated... usually, the 'late game', and the entire 'football-caring' nation watches, well into the evening.... on this most-famous of all-American holidays.... (Detroit Lions are usually the 'early game').....
....now this 'famous'(?) chick threatens to boycott her halftime engagement if The Salvation Army doesn't bow to her wishes, and openly 'come out' in support of the LGBTQ life?
... I know people in the D/FW area.... if this news gets out... the Cowboys fans will BOO-her right offa that stage, and the owner (J. Jones) will likely bring in a local all-American country band to bring it back home.... or... maybe even Ted Nugent!...

https://www.theblaze.com/news/ellie-goulding-threatens-to-cancel-nfl-show-over-gay-marriage
NEWS NOVEMBER 12, 2019Singer threatens to cancel performance at Dallas Cowboys Thanksgiving game unless Salvation Army supports LGBT agenda

She is demanding a quid pro quo or she'll withhold her performance

Singer and songwriter Ellie Goulding threatened to cancel her planned halftime performance for the Dallas Cowboys' Thanksgiving football game unless the Salvation Army issues a show of support for gay marriage.

Goulding made the demands after her fans appraised her of the traditional marriage stance of the Salvation Army, which is a Christian organization.

The popular football game promotes the "Red Kettle Kickoff" show that raises money for the charitable efforts of the Salvation Army.

...more at link...

https://www.theblaze.com/news/ellie-goulding-threatens-to-cancel-nfl-show-over-gay-marriage

Last edited:

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
... I know people in the D/FW area.... if this news gets out... the Cowboys fans will BOO-her right offa that stage, and the owner (J. Jones) will likely bring in a local all-American country band to bring it back home.... or... maybe even Ted Nugent!...
I hope they do boo her off the stage! Who does she think she is!? And to kowtow to the "oh, so compassionate" LGBTQ mafia no less.
Tired of all the virtue signaling and self righteous BS from these hypocrite celebrity types. Bring on the NUGE!

Awoken2

Superstar
This was one of my first posts on this forum. The reason I made the post was because I became very aware that the music industry was leading a generation of kids into a trans agenda.

https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/predictive-programming-in-the-music-industry.2693/post-90408

I was quite surprised at the time at the amount of posters who frequent VC forums who outright rejected that there was any agenda in play. On a platform that supposedly scrutinises the music industry I found that a bit odd to be honest. I haven't the time to go back and retrieve some of the posts claiming how paranoid I was and there was no agenda to turn people gay or trans.

The amount of supporting evidence posted by various posters in this thread alone supporting the fact that there is a transgender agenda is overwhelming. Face facts, open your eyes, stop denying it is happening. It is happening.

What I love about this interview is the fact the young trans activist blows his/her own argument out of the water by making a fundamental mistake. When challenged over the fact that at one school in Brighton there were 76 pupils who identified as either gender fluid or non binary they then use the argument that it's because Brighton is such a liberal area (its the gay capital of the UK) so there isn't so much stigma attached to expressing your gender identity.

.....but hold on a minute......from day one hasn't the argument always been that trans and gay people were just born this way?

She never ended up taking a whole generation of kids into the trans garden did she?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/birmingham-lgbt-protest-ban-school-same-sex-education-court-ruling-a9218101.html

For the people who claim this agenda doesn't exist....shame on you.

saki

Star
...now, it's extorting the Salvation Army...... for those on VC who are not in the US... the Dallas Cowboys (American football) have played every Thanksgiving Day (11/28/2019 this year)... a Thanksgiving Day 'institution' for as long as I have been alive...expected...planned-for... anticipated... usually, the 'late game', and the entire 'football-caring' nation watches, well into the evening.... on this most-famous of all-American holidays.... (Detroit Lions are usually the 'early game').....
....now this 'famous'(?) chick threatens to boycott her halftime engagement if The Salvation Army doesn't bow to her wishes, and openly 'come out' in support of the LGBTQ life?

NEWS NOVEMBER 12, 2019Singer threatens to cancel performance at Dallas Cowboys Thanksgiving game unless Salvation Army supports LGBT agenda

She is demanding a quid pro quo or she'll withhold her performance

Singer and songwriter Ellie Goulding threatened to cancel her planned halftime performance for the Dallas Cowboys' Thanksgiving football game unless the Salvation Army issues a show of support for gay marriage.

Goulding made the demands after her fans appraised her of the traditional marriage stance of the Salvation Army, which is a Christian organization.

The popular football game promotes the "Red Kettle Kickoff" show that raises money for the charitable efforts of the Salvation Army.

...more at link...

....so.... I gather that some sort of agreement was reached between EG and the Salvation Army, as she appeared, as scheduled during the Thanksgiving Cowboys Halftime show.....
....in her dualistic-themed outfit.... and a hat that fans are comparing to a lampshade... :p:rolleyes:o_O
1575089119282.png
1574993045096.png

Last edited:

AD HOC

Established
Thank you very much for finding that for me!

I feel very strongly about protection of many women being put at risk by a tiny few claiming they are women also.

I have known domestic violence survivors, r*pe survivors and incest survivors. Not a single one of those women could have physically been able to protect themselves from a transsexual "woman' who took a liking to them.

If wanting biological women to be safe at the expense of transsexuals' feelings makes me a TERF, then I will wear that label with pride.

I had to look up TERF.
You learn something new each day.

Lisa

Superstar
Saw this the other day..I have heard that Austin is very liberal..I think it must be true.

The Austin Independent School District’s Board of Trustees voted early Tuesday morning to adopt new sex ed curriculum that expands topics taught to third through eighth graders.

New topics include gender identity and expression, sexually transmitted infections and anatomy, and they sparked hours of public testimony before the unanimous vote just after midnight.

Critics said the new lessons are inappropriate and shouldn’t be taught in school.
https://www.kut.org/post/austin-isd-school-board-passes-expansive-sex-ed-curriculum-after-hours-testimony

JoChris

Superstar
https://mailchi.mp/christianconcern/jxwouxbntc-599343?e=4195a6454d

News release
For immediate release
1 December 2019

Pastor who received death threat sues school after being hounded out of job by LGBT mob rule
A Christian pastor and school caretaker, who received a death threat for a tweet that said gay Pride events are harmful to children and shouldn’t be attended by Christians, is taking legal action against the school who hounded him out of his job and capitulated to local LGBT activists' mob rule.

As a result of sending the tweet, Pastor Keith Waters, 53, from Ely in Cambridgeshire, experienced a string of threats including his wife having to answer the door to funeral directors who had been sent to arrange his ‘funeral’. Estate agents contacted him, having been told he was moving from the area 'in a hurry', and he was nearly knocked off his bike by an angry local resident in a car who wanted to remonstrate with him. False rumours were spread that Pastor Waters was a child molester and there were calls from local councillors for Mr Waters to be investigated by police for a 'hate incident.'

‘Pride events harmful to children’

On Saturday 1 June 2019 he had sent out the following post on his Twitter account:

“A reminder that Christians should not support or attend LGBTQ “Pride month” events held in June. They promote a culture and encourage activities that are contrary to Christian faith and morals. They are especially harmful to children.”

Pastor Waters had copied the tweet from a US Catholic Bishop, and his intention was to address and warn Christians about gay pride events across the UK as they often involve nudity, people in sadomasochistic outfits and displays of an overtly sexual nature.

Within minutes of sending the post, Pastor Waters received a tweet from a local journalist and ‘LGBT advocate’ accusing him of attacking the local LGBT community in Ely ahead of Pride events that month.

The following morning, as Pastor Waters was preparing for a Sunday service at his church, a Cambridge-based journalist tried to harass him into apologising for the tweet, which he refused to do. By Monday, he was on the front page of the Cambridge Evening News and online abuse continued to grow with local councillors and pressure groups creating a toxic atmosphere.

Feared for his safety

Harassment followed at his home and on the streets of Ely, and, fearing for his, his family’s, and his church members safety, Pastor Waters decided to delete the tweet.

However, his caretaker role at the local primary school now came under threat as the headteacher informed him that he was being investigated for bringing the school ‘into disrepute’ after receiving a handful of complaints.

One letter to the school ludicrously claimed that Pastor Waters’ tweet called for ‘violence against people who support the Ely Pride Festival’. An anonymous teacher bizarrely claimed that his tweet fell ‘within the British government’s definition of extremism’ and that action must be taken against him.

‘An asset to the school’

In 2017, Pastor Waters had taken a 60% pay cut from his role as an Estates Manager at one of Cambridge University’s largest colleges to work as a caretaker at the Isle of Ely Primary School. He took the job with the agreement that he would combine the role with his duties as Pastor of Ely’s New Connexions church.

Pastor Waters was a liked and respected member of staff, and at his final appraisal was described as ‘an asset to the school’. Going above and beyond duty in a number of ways in his role as caretaker at the school, he used his expertise to put in place fire safety policies, and organised gardening lessons for troubled pupils who were physically threatening teachers.

Headteacher capitulated to LGBT mob rule

During the investigation, however, the school’s head teacher capitulated to the demands of a handful of LGBT activists including some parents, and Pastor Waters was issued with a final warning for allegedly bringing the school into disrepute and breaking the code of conduct.

As a result, Pastor Waters believed he could no longer combine his roles as a Christian pastor and caretaker at the school, and decided that he had no alternative but to resign.

Now, supported by the Christian Legal Centre, Pastor Waters is suing for constructive dismissal, indirect discrimination, and breach of public sector equality duty. He also believes that the school has interfered with his rights to freedom of religion, expression and thought.

‘An attack on anyone who dares question Pride’

Pastor Waters said: “Anyone who believes in freedom of religion and expression should be very concerned about my story. This was an attack, not just against my Christian beliefs, but against anyone who dares to question these matters in public. The biggest concern should be that a story like mine is becoming normal.

“I maintain that my tweet did not discriminate against anyone. It was directed to Christians and it did not criticise individuals or the LGBT community, only Pride events. Other people have been mortified at how I have been treated but are too fearful to speak out.

“Children should never be exposed to nudity or overt sexuality, whether that’s at Gay Pride or anywhere else. I am determined to fight for the freedom to say that, and believe that no one should lose or be forced out of their job for holding and expressing legitimate views.”

'We are living in very dangerous times'

Andrea Williams, Chief Executive of the Christian Legal Centre, said: “Our schools and churches need more community-minded people like Pastor Keith Waters, not less. For sending one tweet, that raised genuine concern for children, Keith has been threatened, harassed and hounded out of his employment.

“This is not a local issue distinct to Ely, but a growing intolerant and threatening trend towards, not just Christians, but anyone across the country who dares to oppose Pride.

“Pastor Keith Waters is right to say that Christians should not attend gay Pride events as they are harmful to children. They often exhibit nudity and displays of an overtly sexual nature that no child should have to see. If a Christian pastor can no longer say this publicly without receiving death threats, then we are living in very dangerous times.

“As we launch this case, we call on the Church to do more to protect courageous Christians like Keith Waters, and to speak publicly on how God’s good pattern of marriage between one man and one woman is a foundation for a healthy society.

"Celebrating sexual chaos and public immorality at gay Pride events is not good for anyone; it is not good for families or impressionable young children."

Lisa

Superstar
Hallmark Channel pulls ads of lesbian couple kissing after complaints from conservative moms group that they went against the network's 'family friendly' programming

Awoken2

Superstar
Strange way of advertising a family car.....lesbi fair.

It must be a growing demographic.

saki

Star
I hope they do boo her off the stage! Who does she think she is!? And to kowtow to the "oh, so compassionate" LGBTQ mafia no less.
Tired of all the virtue signaling and self righteous BS from these hypocrite celebrity types. Bring on the NUGE!
...asked... and answered! :cool::p:D;):) thanks to Frank Badfinger and JoChris! :)

Lisa

Superstar
O geez...I think we should start a thread called how and why does the lgbtq community have so much power...

Hallmark APOLOGIZES for pulling ad featuring a lesbian couple kissing and says it will return it to cable television following fierce backlash