Is It Wrong/sinful To Become A Celibate Because....

Loki

Established
Its a reality now, since the 2008 economic downturn. Some people just cannot afford to have kids or a marriage. Celibacy becomes the best option.
My fiancee and I are considering not having children but we aren't going to become celibate. So far we just use contraceptive measures, but if we decide for sure that we aren't going to have kids then I'll go get snipped. After that we can have all the sex we want :D

Haich

Superstar
I would understand how "skewed in favor of women" would equal blanced according your scales. Your scales are tillted. That's why it's the neighborhood blue pill simp who likes what you're saying. I just assumed TMT was a woman. I didn't even realize TMT was a man for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if he wore skinny jeans because I wouldn't be surprised if he lacked down there. I don't have that problem so my personality's a little different.
:eek:

Haich

Superstar
Why are some men so caught up with a power struggle in their relationships?

Who are these women you're dating that are making you feel insecure? Stay away from strippers and street walkers, find yourself a Wholesome women who can raise your kids or is family orientated

My God we all complain about the opposite sex but we look in the wrong places. If your partner isn't making you feel good, leave damn it why you going to complicate your life and lie with someone you resent?

Haich

Superstar
My fiancee and I are considering not having children but we aren't going to become celibate. So far we just use contraceptive measures, but if we decide for sure that we aren't going to have kids then I'll go get snipped. After that we can have all the sex we want :D
I hope you guys have kids in future, my husband and I didn't want kids but then we were surprised with a baby a while ago. He brings us such amazing and indescribable joy.

Loki

Established
I hope you guys have kids in future, my husband and I didn't want kids but then we were surprised with a baby a while ago. He brings us such amazing and indescribable joy.
Thanks. We will see what the future holds. Everyone always talks about the joy and good times but don't mention the lack of sleep, being covered in tar-like baby poop (I'm one of those people that really don't enjoy being dirty, like I don't mind getting dirt on my hands while I work, but like I don't enjoy digging iin the ground with my hands or washing dishes and touching old food even though I know that I'm washing things with soap, it's just a quirk I've had since I can remember), the expense, etc. I'm sure that if we had a child we would love it and do our best to protect it and raise it well, but I've never been super drawn to children. I love my nieces and nephews but I get to see them in short bursts of fun. I also just don't think the world necessarily needs everyone to reproduce anymore, so if we are happy having dog children rather than real children perhaps we are taking a bit of stress off of the world and not to mention ourselves. Further, we live in very uncertain times and so I'm not sure how responsible of us it would be to bring another life into this world. But those are just my personal feelings and thoughts. It's very possible that she could accidentally become pregnant any day and we would live with that. It's also possible that after years of hot laptops on my crotch, sleeping in jeans (I used to do this as a kid so I could just roll out of bed and go to school) and carrying a cell phone in my pocket that I'm completely sterile. Who knows lol

Haich

Superstar
Thanks. We will see what the future holds. Everyone always talks about the joy and good times but don't mention the lack of sleep, being covered in tar-like baby poop (I'm one of those people that really don't enjoy being dirty, like I don't mind getting dirt on my hands while I work, but like I don't enjoy digging iin the ground with my hands or washing dishes and touching old food even though I know that I'm washing things with soap, it's just a quirk I've had since I can remember), the expense, etc. I'm sure that if we had a child we would love it and do our best to protect it and raise it well, but I've never been super drawn to children. I love my nieces and nephews but I get to see them in short bursts of fun. I also just don't think the world necessarily needs everyone to reproduce anymore, so if we are happy having dog children rather than real children perhaps we are taking a bit of stress off of the world and not to mention ourselves. Further, we live in very uncertain times and so I'm not sure how responsible of us it would be to bring another life into this world. But those are just my personal feelings and thoughts. It's very possible that she could accidentally become pregnant any day and we would live with that. It's also possible that after years of hot laptops on my crotch, sleeping in jeans (I used to do this as a kid so I could just roll out of bed and go to school) and carrying a cell phone in my pocket that I'm completely sterile. Who knows lol
lol yh the expenses and exhaustion is enough to put everyone off and I'm sure you've heard this before but it's different when it's your own kid. You change overnight and you watch them like a hawk till dawn hoping they haven't slept on their face flat. Yh they cost a lot but you know what it's worth it nothing on earth could ever bring someone more joy

However if you guys go down the dog children route, I wish you guys all the best they're just as expensive and exhausting!

Loki

Established
lol yh the expenses and exhaustion is enough to put everyone off and I'm sure you've heard this before but it's different when it's your own kid. You change overnight and you watch them like a hawk till dawn hoping they haven't slept on their face flat. Yh they cost a lot but you know what it's worth it nothing on earth could ever bring someone more joy

However if you guys go down the dog children route, I wish you guys all the best they're just as expensive and exhausting!
Compared to kids? My dog is almost 11 and he has been rather inexpensive, especially compared to kids I think. Getting the initial wellness shots was the worst financially, other than that it costs about $30-40 every month and a half to feed him and his brother (my fiancee's dog who used to be super picky but seems to want to do anything Buster does so he now eats Buster's food) and then rabies shots every 3ish years which are about $20. Though, to be fair, perhaps I've gotten rather lucky with him, I've never taken him to regular wellness checkups (they make them mandatory when he gets his rabies shots, though I would opt out if I could because they are the most expensive part of the visit) like a lot of dog owners do and he has never had any health issues except his hips are getting bad with age. I treat my dog like I treat myself: If something really seems wrong then we will go to the doctor, but until then we just live life and deal with the bumps, bruises, aches, and pains as they come. I haven't had a physical or wellness check of any sort since I turned 18 and probably since before that because my dad was much the same way. I haven't been to a dentist in a longer period of time but my teeth are seemingly fine, all straight and my wisdom teeth have mostly come in over time and no issues. I know that I couldn't take such an approach with a kid, but it's in my nature to do so, I'd just end up giving them Tylenol whenever they felt sick and Neosporin if they break a bone or something :D;)

I've always felt that mutts are stronger and smarter than purebred dogs though, so perhaps that's part of why he has been such a good dog. Got him from the pound when he was a puppy and he's a lab mixed with pit and probably a couple other things.

Haich

Superstar
Compared to kids? My dog is almost 11 and he has been rather inexpensive, especially compared to kids I think. Getting the initial wellness shots was the worst financially, other than that it costs about $30-40 every month and a half to feed him and his brother (my fiancee's dog who used to be super picky but seems to want to do anything Buster does so he now eats Buster's food) and then rabies shots every 3ish years which are about $20. Though, to be fair, perhaps I've gotten rather lucky with him, I've never taken him to regular wellness checkups (they make them mandatory when he gets his rabies shots, though I would opt out if I could because they are the most expensive part of the visit) like a lot of dog owners do and he has never had any health issues except his hips are getting bad with age. I treat my dog like I treat myself: If something really seems wrong then we will go to the doctor, but until then we just live life and deal with the bumps, bruises, aches, and pains as they come. I haven't had a physical or wellness check of any sort since I turned 18 and probably since before that because my dad was much the same way. I haven't been to a dentist in a longer period of time but my teeth are seemingly fine, all straight and my wisdom teeth have mostly come in over time and no issues. I know that I couldn't take such an approach with a kid, but it's in my nature to do so, I'd just end up giving them Tylenol whenever they felt sick and Neosporin if they break a bone or something :D;)

I've always felt that mutts are stronger and smarter than purebred dogs though, so perhaps that's part of why he has been such a good dog. Got him from the pound when he was a puppy and he's a lab mixed with pit and probably a couple other things.
Haha lucky I don't own any pets atm but I did have a cat, vet bills here are steep. She broke a leg in car crash once and we had to fork out £3000. Luckily bank of mum and dad helped but yh veterinary care is pricey. In comparison to kids animals are most definitely cheaper

Your dog sounds like a trooper, good on ya buddy

Karlysymon

Superstar
Marriage is beneficial. It is God -ordained but we cannot deny the landscape has changed and the institution has lost its former glory. Its a very terrifying thought, you know, to get married to someone and in a few years you'll be sending them over the edge (suicide). Ofcourse no one thinks about this when saying 'i do', we are human afterall, but shit happens. *shudders* God help us all.....
Sometimes in this life, you are who you attract. Or you are who you marry. Some people do have lofty ideals and treat themselves with great respect and in turn get good stuff.

The Sexodus: The Men
Giving Up On Women And
Checking Out Of Society.
by Milo Yiannopoulos
http://breitbart.com/london/2014/12/04/the-sexodus-part-1-the-men-giving-up-on-women-and-checking-out-of-society/

Loki

Established
Lol how tight were your jeans m8?
I was thinking more the heat haha. Back then I wore very baggy jeans. Later I went through a tight denim phase, when I was working out nearly daily and wanted to show off the quads lol, so those may not have helped either. Now I've settled in the middle.

Mr.Grieves

Veteran
brave man... that's one knife I'd probably never find the courage to go under.

Mr.Grieves

Veteran
I also just don't think the world necessarily needs everyone to reproduce anymore, so if we are happy having dog children rather than real children perhaps we are taking a bit of stress off of the world and not to mention ourselves. Further, we live in very uncertain times and so I'm not sure how responsible of us it would be to bring another life into this world.
Idiocracy, while a goofy-assed movie that made me laugh a maximum of twice, made a fairly decent point about this stance, that being while intelligent, educated, responsible people are having thoughts/discussions like this, folks who think they need to have as many babies as possible to balance out the global weight-distribution and prevent the flat earth from flipping over are breeding like rabbits... which might not bode well for the future in and of itself.

Loki

Established
Idiocracy, while a goofy-assed movie that made me laugh a maximum of twice, made a fairly decent point about this stance, that being while intelligent, educated, responsible people are having thoughts/discussions like this, folks who think they need to have as many babies as possible to balance out the global weight-distribution and prevent the flat earth from flipping over are breeding like rabbits... which might not bode well for the future in and of itself.
Now that makes me think maybe we owe it to the world to raise an intelligent and reasonable human being to combat all the idiots raising kids lol. I think I've just always looked at my own life as so mediocre (not in a bad way really) that I don't really expect my child's to be any different or for them to make a difference, but really that's a rather pessimistic view, even if it is realistic.

JoChris

Superstar
Which yet my soul seeketh, but I find not: one man among a thousand have I found; but a woman among all these have I not found. -Ecclesiastes 7:28

Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. The heart of her husband doth safely trust her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life. She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands. She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar. She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens. She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard. She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms. She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goetho not out by night. She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff. She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy. She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet. She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple. Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land. She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant. Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come. She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness. She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness. Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her. Many daughters have done virtuously but thou excellest them all. Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates. -Proverbs 31:10-31
Well King Solomon would know something about women troubles, being married to so many women and concubines.
He was also married to many foreign women who worshiped false gods.

So decent women (and men) can be very hard to find. Are you looking in the right places? The chances of finding Christian women in nightclubs is as likely as finding wealthy people in Walmart or $2 shop of any variety.
You're not going to find a computer nerd in a gym. You're not going to find a vegan in a steakhouse.

Damien50

Star
I stand corrected. :)
I haven't personally known a computer scientist/ junkie who is though.
We're fringe? Truly successful fitness enthusiast tend to be quite intelligent, rivaling dieticians and erasing the stereotypical meathead.

See Greg Knuckols.

Etagloc

Superstar
Well King Solomon would know something about women troubles, being married to so many women and concubines.
He was also married to many foreign women who worshiped false gods.

So decent women (and men) can be very hard to find. Are you looking in the right places? The chances of finding Christian women in nightclubs is as likely as finding wealthy people in Walmart or $2 shop of any variety.
You're not going to find a computer nerd in a gym. You're not going to find a vegan in a steakhouse.
I've dealt with Christian women. And I detest bars and night clubs and I don' have anything to do with that stuff. Nor do I deal with strippers or anything like that. Nor am I in a relationship with someone who makes me feel insecure.

If you don't think the dating world for men is not totally screwed, fine. But I'm not going to take it particularly seriously because you've never entered the dating world as a man. There's a whole movement of men just like me and people can think we're hallucinating but we're not.

If people don't believe me that the scales are tilted towards women then go to the hood. The men are dead or in prison while the women are in college.

Women can ignore the deck being stacked against men but men don't have that luxury and if they do ignore reality...... I've seen these castrated married dudes who act like their balls have been chopped off. I've seen how they go home and their wife talks to them like dirt. How they can't even feel safe in their homes. How one man got his ribs cracked. How another I knew killef himself over a woman. How the male suicide rate is 2 or 3 times that of women.

And dating a Christian woman is not a magic solution. I've dated Christian women. Christians these days are indistinguishable from everyone else. They're a bunch of part-time Christians. People detest Christians and I do too. The culture has totally turned against Christianity and Christians have responded like a bunch of cowards. They have watered down their religion to be PC and not offend anybody and it's so watered down that Christians are indistuinguishable from the rest. I love the Bible, sure, but I don't mess with these so-called Christians.

People can try to come up with strange assumptions that have nothing to do with me and pretend there are no larger sociologically reasons why men like me exist. Why does a whole movement of men just like me exist? You can say we're misigynists or try to explain away what we've seen but as long as we're treated like we're hallucinating and told not to believe our own eyes, then I know the person speaking doesn't have my interest at heart. I would rather hear what karlysimon has to say because she would seem to actually care my wellbeing and she would actually address the issues instead of trying to make strange, irrelevant speculations about me and trying to convince me that what I see isn't real.

Half your post is based on this strange association of me with nightclubs when I'm someone who has never had anything to do with nighclubs. Where does that even come from? Are you going to follow up with more strange assumptions? Then Haich made some weird assumption about me being in some particular type of relationship when that's not remotely the case. Karlysimon is the only one who's said anything relevant because she's the only who's actually addressed the issues and hasn't simply tried to convince me that what I'm seeing isn't real and there must be some particular thing wrong with me. Y'all don't know me in RL and I'm a lot different in RL than on here so y'all are not going to figure out what I'm like in person by reading my posts.

JoChris

Superstar
As a woman I have no idea what dating is like for men.
I also have only been with my husband since I met a quarter of a century ago.... :eek:

Of course I can only go on what you're typing, that's why I was wondering where you were meeting women.
And yes, going to Christian churches is no guarantee of finding women who match Proverbs 31, or men who are the equivalent.