Is It Wrong/sinful To Become A Celibate Because....

Mr. Blah

Veteran
Is it wrong/sinful to become a celibate because being a celibate would prevent the existence of another human beings, the existence of another soul?

Mr. Blah

Veteran
In reality, no one prevents the existence of another soul, only God Decrees who and what will exist.
This is a "what if" question.

What if those celibate Catholic priests don't become "Catholic priests", but become "ordinary married Catholic men"?
Would they have children according their own genetics (and their wives')? Maybe.

Karlysymon

Superstar
There are persons who will decide not to have children because they deem themselves emotionally and financially incapable and choose celibacy or child-free lives. How's that sinful?
an image that did the rounds a while back to 'discourage procreation'

Time Magazine chimed in...

Karlysymon

Superstar
Its a reality now, since the 2008 economic downturn. Some people just cannot afford to have kids or a marriage. Celibacy becomes the best option.

Last edited:

Lurker

Star
There are persons who will decide not to have children because they deem themselves emotionally and financially incapable and choose celibacy or child-free lives. How's that sinful?
an image that did the rounds a while back to 'discourage procreation'

Time Magazine chimed in...
FU Time Magazine. Just because you don't have children, it doesn't mean you're hanging out on a white, sandy beach.

TMT

Star
Hey to each his own, not having kids is fine but a sexless life would be a shitty one.

Haich

Superstar
I have yet come across a reputable reason why celibacy is good. You have this natural need to be with the opposite sex, we all crave companionship and naturally a sexual relationship will form as a result of that relationship.

Why would you suppress such a natural inclination? God wouldn't punish us with this need and say oh don't do anything stay celibate until death, makes no sense to me !

Although I'm sure health wise some people may stay celibate e.g. Someone with an incurable and transmitable disease, but even then with protection you should be fine

Damien50

Star
I have yet come across a reputable reason why celibacy is good. You have this natural need to be with the opposite sex, we all crave companionship and naturally a sexual relationship will form as a result of that relationship.

Why would you suppress such a natural inclination? God wouldn't punish us with this need and say oh don't do anything stay celibate until death, makes no sense to me !

Although I'm sure health wise some people may stay celibate e.g. Someone with an incurable and transmitable disease, but even then with protection you should be fine
Sometimes celibacy sounds so much more preferable to the pressure of a relationship.

Sometimes.

Haich

Superstar
Sometimes celibacy sounds so much more preferable to the pressure of a relationship.

Sometimes.[/U

If people feel pressured in their relationships they clearly with the wrong person or not ready for a relationship

Haich

Superstar
I'm pretty sure in your teens you had a sexless relationship which involved awkward hugs and sweaty holding of the hands lol