Is it moral for our governments to impose poverty on us?

Is it moral for our governments to impose poverty on us?
Taxation determines what poverty levels will exist within it’s demographic form. It controls the graph shown below. Governments control taxation and thus control poverty levels directly.
Imagine if you will, the real truth of that taxation, if used correctly, to move the wealth shown in this graph wherever it wants to, with minimal effect on the whole. The fact is, experts say that such a reality would be a win win for everyone.
https://www.upworthy.com/9-out-of-10-americans-are-completely-wrong-about-this-mind-blowing-fact-2
Not how little of a change would be needed to reach the ideal.
Wise and moral people throughout history, as well as most religious movements, put poverty as the number one enemy to man’s first priority, which is security.
For perhaps the first time in history, we have the wealth where we could end poverty quite easily, --- just with our collective loose change.
It would seem to me that governments are not acting ethically and should be chastised.
I guess that George Carlin, a wise person, was correct in what he said of what Americans cannot feel in their anal orifices. I apply the same condition to the vast majority of the world.
If true that we are being willfully ignorant, and do not even care about each other to insure we live in a moral environment, then our owners have succeeded in cowering man’s moral nature to a state of subservience. We have given up our freedom. If we ever had any.
We have all accepted to be slaves. Shame on us all.
We do not live in a Democracy. We live in a Hypocrisy.
We can easily rid ourselves of poverty.
Should we?
Morality says yes.
Will we do the right thing?
Not till hell freezes over.
Regards
DL

Vytas

Star
Those who live in real poverty, homeless, aren't paying any taxes anyway. But yes working 4 hours per day should suffice for a person to live comfortably. Not my idea, some clever book about economy. Smaller taxes would be a step towards how reality should look like...Is it moral or not is irrelevant, doesn't look like we have a choice. I did work illegally half of my life though. Just doesn't felt like i was doing something wrong at the time.

elsbet

Superstar
Umm... I think you missed the sarcasm

And the eye roll..
I also thought you were replying to the OP.

:p

The Government in the US doesn't care about the Right or the Left-- or anyone that falls in between. The compartmentalization, alone, gives that away. Nevermind their support of monopolies and the shutdown of any free speech that challenges them.

The citizenry... not the Right or Left-- is Us. The government is Them. I thought we were all onto that, by now-- at least, on this forum.

justjess

Superstar
Those who live in real poverty, homeless, aren't paying any taxes anyway. But yes working 4 hours per day should suffice for a person to live comfortably. Not my idea, some clever book about economy. Smaller taxes would be a step towards how reality should look like...Is it moral or not is irrelevant, doesn't look like we have a choice. I did work illegally half of my life though. Just doesn't felt like i was doing something wrong at the time.
They still pay fica and state and local taxes depending on their jurisdiction, sales tax and if they are just poor but not homeless property taxes through their rent.. Though I’m not sure what your point is in even bringing this up...

No one said working four hours a day should be enough to live comfortably. But working should allow you to be able to afford atleast a basic existence.

justjess

Superstar

The Government in the US doesn't care about the Right or the Left-- or anyone that falls in between. The compartmentalization, alone, gives that away. Nevermind their support of monopolies and the shutdown of any free speech that challenges them.

The citizenry... not the Right or Left-- is Us. The government is Them. I thought we were all onto that, by now-- at least, on this forum.
Yes but we should be pushing for things which benefit us. And we aren’t. We are allowing them to spend our money on wars and making the rich richer while our quality of life diminishes further and further each day. You have two options here... fight for it through politics or protest and no one seems willing to do the later.

Vytas

Star
They still pay fica and state and local taxes depending on their jurisdiction, sales tax and if they are just poor but not homeless property taxes through their rent.. Though I’m not sure what your point is in even bringing this up...

No one said working four hours a day should be enough to live comfortably. But working should allow you to be able to afford atleast a basic existence.
Homeless in US pay taxes ? Damn...Point was about op stating reduced tax would help the poor. In EU homeless are poor...

What do you mean no one ? I did. It was from clever book without any images... If i tried hard enough im sure i dig a name if you want it...

justjess

Superstar
Homeless in US pay taxes ? Damn...Point was about op stating reduced tax would help the poor. In EU homeless are poor...

What do you mean no one ? I did. It was from clever book without any images... If i tried hard enough im sure i dig a name if you want it...
I mean that isn’t the argument being made here and i have never seen that argument made here.

About half of homeless people in America work, so yes they pay taxes. And if a homeless person purchases anything - a pair of socks or a sandwich - they are again paying taxes. Homeless people in America are poor too, but poor is relative to cost of living. If I have 1000$/month but rent is 1300/month then I’m poor and homeless but still have some income.

And I don’t think the op was saying what you think it qas

Vytas

Star
I'm not sure if i read full op lol got me :)
Am im not allowed to make an argument? :)
You know very well what homeless favorite purchases are (coming from ex homeless) very suspicious :) . On a serious note you are right, they pay taxes that way. Didn't thought about that. Sorry sorry, im going, didn't liked here anyway...Damn now i need to find a better place to troll.

It is left or right, it’s just that pretty much all politicians, and certainly all Presidents are right wing. The OP was right it’s not a democracy, but instead of hypocrisy he should have called it what it is, an oligarchy.

elsbet

Superstar
Yes but we should be pushing for things which benefit us. And we aren’t. We are allowing them to spend our money on wars and making the rich richer while our quality of life diminishes further and further each day. You have two options here... fight for it through politics or protest and no one seems willing to do the later.
I know.
They've been doing it for years... decades... aeons. Protest (most of which seems orchestrated) falls flat. Fighting through the court system seems to be the most effective-- there is power in numbers, and dedication is required-- it's not easy. Not sure what you mean 'fighting through politics'.. ? :/

justjess

Superstar
I know.
They've been doing it for years... decades... aeons. Protest (most of which seems orchestrated) falls flat. Fighting through the court system seems to be the most effective-- there is power in numbers, and dedication is required-- it's not easy. Not sure what you mean 'fighting through politics'.. ? :/
Through the system... voting, courts etc.

I get it that it’s rigged. That was kinda my point. Neither of the two options available even work.