Is it moral for our governments to impose poverty on us?

Those who live in real poverty, homeless, aren't paying any taxes anyway. But yes working 4 hours per day should suffice for a person to live comfortably. Not my idea, some clever book about economy. Smaller taxes would be a step towards how reality should look like...Is it moral or not is irrelevant, doesn't look like we have a choice. I did work illegally half of my life though. Just doesn't felt like i was doing something wrong at the time.
Choice and freedom are strange words today. Mostly fiction.

Regards
DL

Homeless in US pay taxes ? Damn...Point was about op stating reduced tax would help the poor. In EU homeless are poor...

What do you mean no one ? I did. It was from clever book without any images... If i tried hard enough im sure i dig a name if you want it...
I do not advocate reducing taxes.

I advocate making more taxpayers by dragging the poor over the poverty line.

Tax levels should be set from there, with clawing back the gifts we have given the rich for too long in mind.

Regards
DL.

No problem. I get it.

Just an accusation I get thrown at me all the time since I’m a “damn leftist” apparantly I just don’t want to work as far as some people are concerned... they are wrong. Should have held the sarcasm but it’s an annoying accusation.
Type casting has some value but Americans are forgetting the 80-20 rule and are stuck on a 50-50 stupid setting.

Regards
DL

Vytas

Star
I do not advocate reducing taxes.

I advocate making more taxpayers by dragging the poor over the poverty line.

Tax levels should be set from there, with clawing back the gifts we have given the rich for too long in mind.

Regards
DL.
So progressive tax? If not ,country will get little less, and just take it from somewhere else...

So progressive tax? If not ,country will get little less, and just take it from somewhere else...
Fair taxation would consider eliminating regressive value added and sales taxes.

They are regressive because the less one have means spending more per income than those with more income.

That is why it is such a cash cow and the rich love it.

Details do not matter once the decision is made to change the demographic pyramid.

The shape is more important than the details.

Regards
DL

Vytas

Star
Fair taxation would consider eliminating regressive value added and sales taxes.

They are regressive because the less one have means spending more per income than those with more income.

That is why it is such a cash cow and the rich love it.

Details do not matter once the decision is made to change the demographic pyramid.

The shape is more important than the details.

Regards
DL
We had a president with your line of thinking, he was inpeached after 2years, his career destroyed, and he himself never looked the same. He got no mercy, since then he attempts political come back once in a while, and generally is still in the scene, but he looks like he "lost it". So promoting the right man or political force didn't worked even in my small country...Whats the right way ? Revolution ? @SkepticCat would love ideas like that. Though he promotes spreading awareness...Takes too long i think...

elsbet

Superstar
No problem. I get it.

Just an accusation I get thrown at me all the time since I’m a “damn leftist” apparantly I just don’t want to work as far as some people are concerned... they are wrong. Should have held the sarcasm but it’s an annoying accusation.
Noo... I don't think you're a Leftist. Libertarian suits you better, imo (if we must apply a label).

justjess

Superstar
Mix of both, but economically I’m a leftist. And I’m ok with that. I’m not anti capitalism but I do want capitalism to work for the workers. I’m not anti or pro tax but I do want those taxes to be used to benefit the citizens of this country.

Libertarian - some agreement on social issues

We had a president with your line of thinking, he was inpeached after 2years, his career destroyed, and he himself never looked the same. He got no mercy, since then he attempts political come back once in a while, and generally is still in the scene, but he looks like he "lost it". So promoting the right man or political force didn't worked even in my small country...Whats the right way ? Revolution ? @SkepticCat would love ideas like that. Though he promotes spreading awareness...Takes too long i think...
Whoever he was, he sounds like he has a moral sense.

Since I do not even know who you are talking about, I will consider it gibberish.

Regards
DL