Is it just a matter of time?

Lisa

Superstar
it is quite literally. sorry to break it to you.

its intended use is beside the point. it is SYNTHETIC heroin. the only difference being the extent to which it is doctored in a lab.

prior to synthetic opiate pain killers how do you think people dealt with pain?
There’s still a time limit on use with warnings about using it.

I think with making marijuana legal there isn’t a limit of use for it which appeals to people. We all know its legal because people wanted to just get high and the government can make some money off it.

justjess

Superstar
It's truly astounding how one person can be so ignorant in so many different ways. Maybe we're being trolled.
maybe?

i was pretty sure that was clear by now...

@Lisa there are people on pain killers for life. again, what do you think people used for pain prior to someone fuguring out how to monetize and synthesize opium? hint: OPIUM.

justjess

Superstar
Yeah, I meant full on legal. No prescription needed.
yeah i get that. im all for consistancy. i have no problem legalizing it tbh.. from a behavioral perspective it might actually make it less attractive of a behavior if done the right way.

Last edited:

Haich

Superstar
Magic" mushrooms, khat, betel nut, ayahuasca, cannabis, tobacco leaf, coca leaf, cactus, ibogaine root, the sap from the poppy (opium), etc. are 100% natural substances.
Khat is used in my culture and it used to be legal in the UK. Everyone would get together and chew through stacks of it and experience a 'natural high'. It was widely available and my dad used to chew on weekends. It was our equivalent of 'getting pissed'.

Anyway fast forward a decade and it's classed as an illegal substance. People start importing some real nasty green gunge and passing it off as khat. I have no idea what they mixed with it but it caused a lot of people to go into psychosis. It has become similar to 'spice' which has fbe same affect...

For me, the banning of khat was detrimental. People are always going to want to experience a high and natural highs like khat were a way of doing it with little consequences. I mean after the high, you'd feel lazy and get the munchies. That's pretty much it...since it's ban, the mental health of the men in my community has plummeted and many have been sectioned or become homeless.

Of course the government dont accept how banning natural substance will not only fuel gang crime and post code wars, it will affect many other areas such as mental health and homelessness.

Haich

Superstar
The media portrays americans to be pill poppers. Is this true?

Honestly here it's hard to get a prescription as the NHS is being run down into the ground. Also brits are in general quite wary of pain killers and usually use it only when needed.

I heard Americans down pain killers like sweets?!

Haich

Superstar
i would say yes-- the vast majority of americans are on some kind of medication. its unusual to find someone not taking a drug for something.

the khat-- how does that compare to chewing betel nut?
Thanks for clearing that up.

Khat is a stronger hallucinogenic and when eaten in large quantities (which tends to be the case, consumers usually spent most of the evening and the early hours binging, akin to a night on the lash) it can cause paranoia, insomnia, psychosis, disorientation etc. It's pretty powerful stuff. When eaten in small quantities, it gives you a heightened sense of awareness and alertness so a lot of students and shift workers would eat this for that reason.

From my experience, betel nut is the same as chewing tobacco and has no real effect on the psyche.