Is it wrong to marry a cousin in law

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

Yellowbunzz tasty

Established
I was speaking to a dear friend of mine when she suddenly mentioned how her older brother was marrying her sister in law. The interesting part was when she mentioned that the cousin was hitting on her and that she might want to pursue a relationship with him.

My first assumption was that despite them not being blood related, they are now jointed together by two families. Despite my argument she kept mentioning how if that mindset were to be carried then we would all fall short.

I'm interested in hearing your opinions in this predicament.

Maes17

Superstar
I was speaking to a dear friend of mine when she suddenly mentioned how her older brother was marrying her sister in law. The interesting part was when she mentioned that the cousin was hitting on her and that she might want to pursue a relationship with him.

My first assumption was that despite them not being blood related, they are now jointed together by two families. Despite my argument she kept mentioning how if that mindset were to be carried then we would all fall short.

It’s a weird predicament to me. I do know my cousin and his brother dated the same girl knowingly. I think that’s weird. That’s my thought though.

Just like a lot of my cousins always try to hit on my sister in law. They always ask me how she is when we have get togethers. I see my sis in law as a little sister to me. She is one of my best friends and I have a big brother protection vibe during get togethers like that. Idk to me it’s weird

TokiEl

Superstar

You are interested in opinions...?

Why not read Lev 18 and get a feel for what God thinks ?

Moswen

You are interested in opinions...?

Why not read Lev 18 and get a feel for what God thinks ?
Agreed. God does not like incest and since the people in question aren't blood related then it's not incest. Good point, TokiEl!

Lisa

Superstar
So the cousin is only related by marriage...you weren’t family up until that point? Why would that be wrong?

Alanantic

Star
A scientist would give you better odds on whether your kids would have flipper feet.

Lisa

Superstar
W
Isn't it once two families unite they become one by law. Therefore isn't it wrong that she wants to be with her cousin in law?
They are practically strangers and only know each other through a marriage. So I don’t think it’s wrong. If they were cousins by blood yep that would be wrong.

TokiEl

Superstar
I get what you're saying and that's the reason why I put it under (Religion and Spirituality) category. That's because I wanted information from actual Christians who read the Bible to give me references to the Bible.

The Bible doesn't speak much on cousins since I had the same mindset when I spoke to her. To which she questioned me as to where it says that in the Bible. From what I know the Bible doesn't mention distant cousins that's why I wanted to know where I missed the point?

Since it feels rather earie to me.
There are things which seems erie to a woman... which is not erie at all.

Last edited:

polymoog

Superstar
morality-wise... if both parties desire it, why not?
it should theoretically keep the family much closer since youll more often be seeing your in-laws and your sibling.