Is it Ethical to Eat Meat?

The Zone

Star
Seriously QB... welcome to VC...you have seen it all in this thread alone:) And FWIW, there is great discussion here at times despite the hang ups and beefs of others. Oh, and seriously, Et...I have no feeling of being inferior and discuss things with people quite a bit here with no issues. Quit projecting.

Last edited:

Illuminized

Established
No, it isn't.
I didn't say a thing about vegetarianism.
I said VEGANISM, and the risks are very real.

I'm not sure how the rest could relate, unless you are saying it would be reasonable for meat to be outlawed. It wouldn't.
And you got this information from a Dr. Joseph Mercola? I'm sure some of his criticisms are actually valid, but a common criticism of him seems to be that he makes a profit from his alternative products and services. I may have overlooked your word usage, but my point still stands.

we humans are supposed to be omnivores who incline more towards vegetables while take meat as a necessity or a delicacy. There is no need for humans to go vegan, thats just dumb.
Vegetarianism should be sufficient.

Illuminized

Established
Well actually it is sort of controversial because many conspiracy theorists think everything is a Jewish conspiracy and that Marx was an evil Jew who wanted to take over the world and kill a bunch of people with his ideology.
Marx was the victim of an ancient error. His worldview is the logical conclusion of Democritus' incomplete theory of atoms. The idea that existence is purely physical leads to the disappearance of all spiritual vitality/idealism/religion, which is a necessary condition of human existence.

mecca

Superstar
Marx was the victim of an ancient error. His worldview is the logical conclusion of Democritus' incomplete theory of atoms. The idea that existence is purely physical leads to the disappearance of all spiritual vitality/idealism/religion, which is a necessary condition of human existence.
Sure, he criticized religion but it doesn't really invalidate his criticism of capitalism and his ideas for a better society. He had valid points about how religion is used to manipulate the masses but that doesn't mean that you have to believe that all religion and spirituality should be disregarded. I think religion is important and good for humanity but it has to be used in a healthy way.

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
And you got this information from a Dr. Joseph Mercola? I'm sure some of his criticisms are actually valid, but a common criticism of him seems to be that he makes a profit from his alternative products and services. I may have overlooked your word usage, but my point still stands.

Vegetarianism should be sufficient.
Not originally, no.
That article offers advice on how to be a little bit safer if one insists on being a vegan. The dangers are real.
I don't see the problem with profiting from ones professional services.

elsbet

Superstar
amm. 'same way as i reguate' ? holy shit, we now have the divide and conquer that 'they' have instigated.

i'm out of this thread. there is no proper rational debate just finger pointing which 'they' want.
You're a vegan, I suppose.

Illuminized

Established
Sure, he criticized religion but it didn't really invalidate his criticism of capitalism and his ideas for a better society. He had valid points about how religion is used to manipulate the masses but that doesn't mean that you have to believe that all religion and spirituality should be disregarded. I think religion is important and good for humanity but it has to be used in a healthy way.
We could take this to a private conversation if you want.

Illuminized

Established
Not originally, no.
That article offers advice on how to be a little bit safer if one insists on being a vegan. The dangers are real.
I don't see the problem with profiting from ones professional services.
I see.

Well, I think vegetarianism is a reasonable compromise.

mecca

Superstar
No, like a physician does.
I didn't know Alex Jones offered goods and services.
Alex Jones fear mongers and presents an agenda then provides pills and "male vitality" supplements to sell to his loyal fanbase... he then takes their money for himself. He has a whole store that sells overly priced pills. He also pretends that he's struggling financially with infowars when in reality he is rich and probably being paid by the government as well.

elsbet

Superstar
Alex Jones fear mongers and presents an agenda then provides pills and "male vitality" supplements to sell to his loyal fanbase... he then takes their money for himself. He has a whole store that sells overly priced pills. He also pretends that he's struggling financially with infowars when in reality he is rich and probably being paid by the government as well.
So?

Etagloc

Superstar
Him and Bill O Reilly are in the camp of "I know I'm right because I'm talking loud" commentators who talk in all caps.