Is it Ethical to Eat Meat?

elsbet

Superstar
Well Mecca, as a believer in God, I believe that God makes no mistakes and is perfectly capable of sustaining the current livestock population. So I disagree with your point about sustainability.

With reference to mass farming, again, I did state that there needs to be a reform but if you take into consideration the supply and demand factor, especially in the west, to ensure meat and and animal produce reaches consumers in the time frame we demand, then only solution is mass-farming.

There needs to be more transparency in how we rear and slaughter our livestock but unfortunately it just isn't a grave issue in comparison to other pressing matters such as Brexit, Trump and dare I say it - Palestine.

It took ages for there to be free range chickens and even now you still have that option to buy the cheaper, caged hen eggs. Do people really want to pay more so their food is treated better? Honestly, probably not and that's because they're not aware of the severities these animals experience before they arrive on our plates. There needs to be more education so people are more informed about it.

Halal meat used to be the efficient method of slaughter, but some abattoirs were discretely filmed and shown to have used stun guns which isn't part of the halal slaughter ritual. Tesco, a big supermarket in the U.K., was selling horse meat and passsing it off as other meats for the longest time! So in sum, it's a political issue i think where big companies such as Tesco get away with doing very little to ensure the safety and sustainability of their meat or food sourcing methods.
I pay more for Happy beef.
It tastes SO much better, and it's better for me and the poor cow.

However, I don't have kids to feed.. I imagine that gets expensive.

Karlysymon

Superstar
Veganism can be very unhealthy, and cause your mind to deteriorate.

Interesting to note, it's been foretold:

1 Timothy 4

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

Crazy, isn't it?
Flesh food wasn't part of the original diet (Gen 1). It was introduced after the Flood (Gen 9:3). So that should say something. Some speculate it played a part in the decline in longevity.

mecca

Superstar
Well Mecca, as a believer in God, I believe that God makes no mistakes and is perfectly capable of sustaining the current livestock population.
God isn't the one who breeds 56 billion animals a year, humans do that and it is detrimental to the environment. If we left the animal populations up to nature to follow God's processes they would never meet those levels and would be balanced out by the ecosystem and food chain. I believe in God as well but it's a fact that mass breeding is causing great harm to the Earth and we can already see the effects right now.

manama

Star
God isn't the one who breeds 56 billion animals a year, humans do that and it is detrimental to the environment. If we left the animal populations up to nature to follow God's processes they would never meet those levels and would be balanced out by the ecosystem and food chain. I believe in God as well but it's a fact that mass breeding is causing great harm to the Earth and we can already see the effects right now.
Animals would go extinct if humans don't breed them, they won't be "balanced out" by the ecosystem. Many marvellous species have gone extinct because humans haven't been breeding them.

There are little to no dangers to the environment being caused by breeding of animals for food. When people breed animals, they also tend to grow crops to feed those animals, balancing the needs. They don't just leave them out on the roads.

Kung Fu

Superstar
What about people that have their own animals such as people in Afghanistan?

manama

Star
But science says that people can live healthily on a vegan diet. People who have studied the human body and nutrition in food have determined that people can get all the nutrients they need from a vegan diet. That doesn't mean that every single human necessarily can or has to but it's still true.
Science does not. American SJWs do.

mecca

Superstar
What about people that have their own animals such as people in Afghanistan?
They're not causing problems. Factory farms cause the problems and they are the most unethical. Small farms aren't a problem.

Last edited:

Haich

Superstar
I pay more for Happy beef.
It tastes SO much better, and it's better for me and the poor cow.

However, I don't have kids to feed.. I imagine that gets expensive.

I agree I've also tasted the difference in better quality meat, it even cooks better.

Yh I mean it's ok if you're expenses are low but there are many families which just want to feed their kids so the welfare of an animal is the least of their worries.

manama

Star
Also all the poop and waste from the animals gets into the ground, water, and even air and degrades the environment.
Are you serious right now? Animal poop is THE BEST fertilizer that you can find in nature. Nothing is more beneficial for earth than animal poop. It does NOT pollute the water present underground and it surely doesn't ruin the soil.
It's worth pointing out that the animals which eat vegetables exhibit greater vitality than the so-called predators. It's also worth pointing out that the animals generally consumed by humans are voracious plant eaters. This means that mankind is technically vegetarian.

And what's especially interesting to note is that, according to Suetonius, Nero banned the sale of cooked meals and promoted the sale of vegetables. This apparently minor change in policy would have severely reduced the consumption of meat.
This ^^^ we humans are supposed to be omnivores who incline more towards vegetables while take meat as a necessity or a delicacy. There is no need for humans to go vegan, thats just dumb.

What are you talking about? This has nothing to do with social justice or SJWs...
it kinda is thats why its promoted only in the west especially in the US. Nowhere else would you find these crazy people.

mecca

Superstar
Animals would go extinct if humans don't breed them
That's not true. Cows wouldn't go extinct in nature. Humans domesticated farm animals and mass breed them... That's not good for nature because a lot of land has to be cleared for grazing and agriculture and it destroys natural habitats. Their populations are greatly inflated because of humans. If there was no mass breeding, they would not go extinct, they would just exist in normal populations like other animals... the same way they did before.

Haich

Superstar
It was a question of sustainability which you argued since there's mass farming, the earth can't sustain all the extra livestock. I disagree, the earth and its creator have the capacity to hold it all.

What are the effects you're referring to?

manama

Star
Nobody, NOBODY has the right to declare something prohibited or unethical which God has declared ethical. They did it with dealing in gold and took the world under their unethical control, they are now doing it with meat. If you are not religious, fine, science is out there.

Haich

Superstar
Actually manure is the best thing for growing produce. So more poo equals more vegetation, which is great for people in rural areas or villages

manama

Star
That's not true. Cows wouldn't go extinct in nature. Humans domesticated farm animals and mass breed them... That's not good for nature because a lot of land has to be cleared for grazing and agriculture and it destroys natural habitats. Their populations are greatly inflated because of humans. If there was no mass breeding, they would not go extinct, they would just exist in normal populations like other animals... the same way they did before.
the same way as they did before???? Animals are being bred for food since the time of Adam and Eve proved by all the scriptures, God made Adam's children take the path of raising cattles and agriculture. Cows would go extinct if humans didn't bred them i don't know where you are getting your facts from. Every edible specie like deer, markhor etc have gone extinct because humans didn't breed them. Cows don't have a massive reproduction rate, leave them on their own and other animals will eat them and BAM no cows.
That's not good for nature because a lot of land has to be cleared for grazing and agriculture and it destroys natural habitats.
So the natural habitat is destroyed because of grazing and agriculture???? I don't take you for the less brighter ones mecca, don't act like one. Nature is sustained because people grow crops for humans as well as for their cattles, if they don't, construction and other necessities will destroy nature. This is why areas where people raise cattles and engage in agriculture is less polluted than the places which are not.
Actually manure is the best thing for growing produce. So more poo equals more vegetation, which is great for people in rural areas or villages
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ People sell and buy manure with alot of money considering how important it is and how beneficial it is as compared to artifical fertilizers. Best and healthiest fruits and vegetables grow in the soil which got manure in it.

manama

Star
Air and water pollution, destruction of natural habitats,
has absolutely NOTHING to do with breeding animals or raising crops.

greenhouse gas emissions...
is an unproven myth that again has nothing to do with breeding animals and raising crops

all of those effects have everything to do with NOT breeding animals and raising crops.

mecca

Superstar