Is heterosexuality a choice

Carrieh76

Rookie
The CNN article is a decent write up. The stuff you picked out from it...

Some asexual people identify as LGBT+. Others don't. It's a very complicated issue, even within the community.

I'm also not sure of the numbers of trans people. Non-binary numbers might be right, since when you don't care about sex, it does seem to rewire your brain a bit when it comes to gender - or at least, it gives you a different perspective of what it means to be male or female, when you're divorced from the primal desire to spread your seed and make babies.

I do think depression and bipolar disorder is common among asexuals though. I don't think it should be a surprise, however, since it tends to make romantic relationships hell, which can lead to loneliness which can lead to server depression. Throw in the fact that asexuality often can make you feel isolated even from friends... Yeah.
Maybe it has something to do with the anti depressants and their side effects because I feel this way sometimes and I take them.

Lisa

Superstar
The growing number of LGB (blah, blah) people shows how well our media manipulates and brainwashes people. No one can be a transgender. People can change parts, etc., but NO ONE CAN CHANGE THEIR DNA. It's that simple. It pains me to see people play acting part of the NWO's objective of destroying western culture, and destroying their lives.
They can’t manipulate or brainwash people who don’t want to believe that stuff...or who know better.

I think its all about lawlessness anyway. God said He made man and woman and a man leaves his father and mother and cleaves to his wife...anything other than that is sin/lawlessness. Rebelling against God’s good.

Lisa

Superstar
The CNN article is a decent write up. The stuff you picked out from it...

Some asexual people identify as LGBT+. Others don't. It's a very complicated issue, even within the community.

I'm also not sure of the numbers of trans people. Non-binary numbers might be right, since when you don't care about sex, it does seem to rewire your brain a bit when it comes to gender - or at least, it gives you a different perspective of what it means to be male or female, when you're divorced from the primal desire to spread your seed and make babies.

I do think depression and bipolar disorder is common among asexuals though. I don't think it should be a surprise, however, since it tends to make romantic relationships hell, which can lead to loneliness which can lead to server depression. Throw in the fact that asexuality often can make you feel isolated even from friends... Yeah.
I was just wondering if that was true from your point of view.

It seems reasonable to think that people who are confused about their gender..would also be confused about what sex they think they should be with..perhaps that confusion causes people to think they aren’t attracted to anyone? Idk myself.

I can see where it would make people depressed. But I think all people feel lonely and isolated even from friends..that’s common among people.

polymoog

Superstar
does ur sperm hunt out other sperm, or just eggs?
actually there are sperm that actively kill foreign sperm (in humans, at least-- i would assume as well with other mammals). some sperm seek the egg, other sperm seem to cluster together to form a barrier to prevent foreign sperm from entering.

Toulouse

Established
They can’t manipulate or brainwash people who don’t want to believe that stuff...or who know better.

I think its all about lawlessness anyway. God said He made man and woman and a man leaves his father and mother and cleaves to his wife...anything other than that is sin/lawlessness. Rebelling against God’s good.
I couldn't agree more. Some break free. However, looking at how omnipresent same-sex choice is, and knowing who is behind the media and what there agenda is, there is a connection between the two, and all of the sinfulness in the world. Even "good" people can make bad choices. That's what I meant by brainwashing. Every time we use some electronic device we consume a message - we voluntarily submit ourselves to brainwashing.

Tikawanda

Established
What a strange question.. Homosexuality isnt normal, its a perversion of nature and of Gods intent.
How is it a "perversion of nature" when it occurs in nature, which God created?

I think this thread's premise is silly because I don't think heterosexuality is a choice, but the tired "homosexuality isn't natural!!!" argument is so ridiculous given that homosexuality has been observed in almost every single species.

Toulouse

Established
How is it a "perversion of nature" when it occurs in nature, which God created?

I think this thread's premise is silly because I don't think heterosexuality is a choice, but the tired "homosexuality isn't natural!!!" argument is so ridiculous given that homosexuality has been observed in almost every single species.
It's because of Original Sin. I've already posted on same-sex attraction not being a choice, and you're right heterosexuality is not a choice. Check it out.

ishigo

Established
I'm asexual.

I don't experience sexual attraction to people. I never have and don't have a choice in the matter. I've "tried" but it doesn't work. I don't see why any other sexuality would be different. It isn't a choice.
If asexuality means the lack of sexual attraction; then technically it's not a sexual orientation.

Last edited:
If hetrosexuality is a choice then conversion therapy should be the norm.

Heterosexuality is the normal state of biology, others are deviations from the norm

Drifter

Veteran
there are a few men on these boards who don't seem all the way straight. The defensiveness when the topic of homosexuality is brought being one of the factors that leaves you wondering.

lmao at least you and Koncrete can end up f-ing each other, since both of yall are misogynists. Found your match.:rolleyes:
You know, I do tend to believe that most of male sexuality slants toward homoeroticism, especially because of sexual narcissism a la the ancient world philosophies on sexuality. But I think it's kind of weird how you keep prodding at these men you hate, like you WANT them to interact with you. Honestly, what's the point? You keep bashing women for having relationships with men but you consistently start threads/write comments about men on this forums.

Maes17

Superstar
You know, I do tend to believe that most of male sexuality slants toward homoeroticism, especially because of sexual narcissism a la the ancient world philosophies on sexuality. But I think it's kind of weird how you keep prodding at these men you hate, like you WANT them to interact with you. Honestly, what's the point? You keep bashing women for having relationships with men but you consistently start threads/write comments about men on this forums.
I agree. There’s a lot of these threads lol.

Are you ok morita? We may not get along on most subjects, but is there any real reason why you infatuate with this subject a lot?

It’s cool if it gives you purpose, you can pm me if you want to talk or something. I just think you got slighted in your life by someone you really cared about and it scarred you.

Drifter

Veteran
I agree. There’s a lot of these threads lol.

Are you ok morita? We may not get along on most subjects, but is there any real reason why you infatuate with this subject a lot?

It’s cool if it gives you purpose, you can pm me if you want to talk or something. I just think you got slighted in your life by someone you really cared about and it scarred you.
Wait, this Morita?
many-different-socks-as-clip-art-outline-arts-81913907.jpg

I remember seeing some stuff about her having different accounts but parroting the same content. I agree with you too Maes. I admit I have my own objectively problematic views that have been exasperated by poor experiences. I'll own that. Most people do, the world just works that way, unfortunately.

Maes17

Superstar
Wait, this Morita?
View attachment 72098

I remember seeing some stuff about her having different accounts but parroting the same content. I agree with you too Maes. I admit I have my own objectively problematic views that have been exasperated by poor experiences. I'll own that. Most people do, the world just works that way, unfortunately.
Yeah, the content is the same which screams obsession perhaps by a traumatic experience.

I’m not going to be one to say forgive or something like that. I just think if this is serious then constantly being angry becomes unhealthy.