Is hate good? Should we allow the censorship of hate speech?

I don't know why anyone would think a person can't defend themselves without hate.
You are railing against something that was not said.

In fact, hating your enemies will only cloud your judgement.
So you would think that the North's hate against slavery and th South that practiced slavery, would be a clouded judgement then. Right?

Did Rosa Parks also have a clouded judgement when she let her hate for segregation move her to the front of the bus?

If you do not hate all that would go against what you love, you do not know how to love.

Regards
DL

God absolutely hate certain characters.

"A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren."
Those are justified to be hated but you have to be careful of God. He is a murderer and even hated Esau in the womb before he could do anything.

As to lies, God is the greatest liar.

Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.
1Kings 22:23

Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets.
2 Chron 18:22

Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people.

Jer 4:10

And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.
Ezekiel 14:9

For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.
Thessalonians 2:11

O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived. - Jeremiah 20:7

To me, God’s worse lie was to Adam and Eve. He told them they could eat of the tree of life and then reneged and in a real sense murdered them by denying them a remedy.

That pesky God sure works in mysterious ways.

Regards
DL

Or that you believe there are authorities in this universe with greater insight into the truth of things than can be gathered by a few years of experience and your own few pounds of neural tissue...

It's all about perspective ;-)
A greater insight that you cannot articulate is a useless thing as it does not get the message across.

It's all about perspective indeed.
To Jews, --- they have become as Gods is an elevation.
To Christians, the same word they call a fall.

I cannot argue with the bible but I can with you with either agreement or disagreement.

Here we end with nothing for the lurkers to judge.

Continue to be useless if you like with the wisdom that you waste.

Regards
DL

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
A greater insight that you cannot articulate is a useless thing as it does not get the message across.

It's all about perspective indeed.
To Jews, --- they have become as Gods is an elevation.
To Christians, the same word they call a fall.

I cannot argue with the bible but I can with you with either agreement or disagreement.

Here we end with nothing for the lurkers to judge.

Continue to be useless if you like with the wisdom that you waste.

Regards
DL
I can see that to retreat from God's wisdom to my own limited store could be seen as a backward step from the world view that takes it as self-evident that we can only arrive at understanding via rebellion and rejection of God's word.

As in: "choose this day who you will serve"

I can see that to retreat from God's wisdom to my own limited store could be seen as a backward step from the world view that takes it as self-evident that we can only arrive at understanding via rebellion and rejection of God's word.

As in: "choose this day who you will serve"
Jesus said he came to serve us, and here you are trying to take away his worth and job.

Go quote your garbage elsewhere.

I am here to chat, not be thumped at with really stupid notions.

Regards
DL

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Jesus said he came to serve us, and here you are trying to take away his worth and job.

Go quote your garbage elsewhere.

I am here to chat, not be thumped at with really stupid notions.

Regards
DL
You may have heard the phrase "standing on the shoulder of giants". In putting your trust in the reliable authority of the Bible, that's what you are doing.

Of course, you may stand on the shoulder of a gnome (or even a serpent) if you want to!

You may have heard the phrase "standing on the shoulder of giants". In putting your trust in the reliable authority of the Bible, that's what you are doing.

Of course, you may stand on the shoulder of a gnome if you want to!
Your giant is a genocidal son murdering prick.

You go ahead but your position is not quite on his shoulders.

hdupass.jpg

Red Sky.

Can you hear me from in there?

Regards
DL

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Your giant is a genocidal son murdering prick.

You go ahead but your position is not quite on his shoulders.

View attachment 9594

Red Sky.

Can you hear me from in there?

Regards
DL
You seem to be of the view that you sway an argument by disrespect and goading.

I wonder if this is meant to bring out anger or some other predictable psychological response.

My daughter won't try a mushroom, despite the fact that we have tried from years to persuade her that they may be quite different when experienced from what she might imagine.

In the end, it's up to you, GCB. I'm sure people have tried to share the Gospel with you till they are blue in the face and have achy typing fingers. I can't make you change your heart towards God.

Regardless, I pray for you, and I hope that something one day cuts through your current armour of "gnosis" to reach your heart.

God bless.

Your heart is in league with a genocidal son murdering God and I would not lower my moral standard to join you.

But thanks for that vile prayer for me to your satanic God.

Regards
DL

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Your heart is in league with a genocidal son murdering God and I would not lower my moral standard to join you.

But thanks for that vile prayer for me to your satanic God.

Regards
DL
Lucy asks Aslan to help the Dwarfs. Aslan answers, "I will show you both what I can, and what I cannot, do."

"He came close to the Dwarfs and gave a low growl: low, but it set all the air shaking. But the Dwarfs said to one another, 'Hear that? That's the gang at the other end of the stable. Trying to frighten us. They do it with a machine of some kind. Don't take any notice. They won't take us in again!'

Aslan raised his head and shook his mane. Instantly a glorious feast appeared on the Dwarfs knees: pies and tongues and pigeons and trifles and ices, and each Dwarf had a goblet of good wine in his right hand. But it wasn't much use. They began eating and drinking eagerly enough, but it was clear that they couldn't taste it properly. They thought they were eating and drinking only the sort of things you might find in a stable. One said he was trying to eat hay and another said he had got a bit of an old turnip and a third said he'd found a raw cabbage leaf. And they raised golden goblets of rich red wine to their lips and said 'Ugh! Fancy drinking dirty water out of a trough that a donkey's been at! Never thought we'd come to this.' . . . 'Well at any rate there's no Humbug here. We haven't let anyone take us in. The Dwarfs are for the Dwarfs.'

'You see,' said Aslan. 'They will not let us help them. They have chosen cunning instead of belief. Their prison is only in their own minds, yet they are in that prison; and so afraid of being taken in that they cannot be taken out. But come, children. I have other work to do.'"

TokiEl

Superstar
Those are justified to be hated but you have to be careful of God. He is a murderer and even hated Esau in the womb before he could do anything.

As to lies, God is the greatest liar.

Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.
1Kings 22:23

Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets.
2 Chron 18:22

Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people.
Jer 4:10

And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.
Ezekiel 14:9

For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.
Thessalonians 2:11

O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived. - Jeremiah 20:7

To me, God’s worse lie was to Adam and Eve. He told them they could eat of the tree of life and then reneged and in a real sense murdered them by denying them a remedy.

That pesky God sure works in mysterious ways.

Regards
DL

Who hates Him who made him ?​

Psalm 37 "Do not fret over doers of evil;
do not envy those who do wrong.

2For they wither quickly like grass
and wilt like tender plants.

3Trust in the LORD and do good;
dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.

4Delight yourself in the LORD,
and He will give you the desires of your heart.

5Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in Him, and He will do it.

6He will bring forth your righteousness like the dawn,
your justice like the noonday sun.

7Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for Him;
fret not when men prosper in their ways,
when they carry out wicked schemes.

8Refrain from anger and abandon wrath;
do not fret—it can only bring harm.

9For the evildoers will be cut off,
but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.

10A little while, and the wicked will be no more;
though you look for them, they will not be found.

11But the meek will inherit the land
and delight in abundant prosperity.

12The wicked scheme against the righteous
and gnash their teeth at them,

13but the Lord laughs,
seeing that their day is coming.

14The wicked have drawn the sword and bent the bow
to bring down the poor and needy,
to slay those whose ways are upright.

15But their swords will pierce their own hearts,
and their bows will be broken.

16Better is the little of the righteous
than the abundance of many wicked.

17For the arms of the wicked will be broken,
but the LORD upholds the righteous.

18The LORD knows the days of the blameless,
and their inheritance will last forever.

19In the time of evil they will not be ashamed,
and in the days of famine they will be satisfied.

20But the wicked and enemies of the LORD
will perish like the glory of the fields.
They will vanish;
like smoke they will fade away.

21The wicked borrow and do not repay,
but the righteous are gracious and giving.

22Surely those He blesses will inherit the land,
but the cursed will be destroyed.

23The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD,
and He delights in his way.

24Though he falls, he will not be overwhelmed,
for the LORD is holding his hand.

25I once was young and now am old,
yet never have I seen the righteous abandoned
or their children begging for bread.

26They are ever generous and quick to lend,
and their children are a blessing.

27Turn away from evil and do good,
so that you will abide forever.

28For the LORD loves justice
and will not forsake His saints.
They are preserved forever,
but the offspring of the wicked will be cut off.

29The righteous will inherit the land
and dwell in it forever.

30The mouth of the righteous man utters wisdom,
and his tongue speaks justice.

31The law of his God is in his heart;
his steps do not falter.

32Though the wicked lie in wait for the righteous,
and seek to slay them,

33the LORD will not leave them in their power
or let them be condemned under judgment.

34Wait for the LORD and keep His way,
and He will raise you up to inherit the land.
When the wicked are cut off, you will see it.

35I have seen a wicked, ruthless man
flourishing like well-rooted native tree,

36yet he passed away and was no more;
though I searched, he could not be found.

37Consider the blameless and observe the upright,
for a posterity awaits the man of peace.

38But the transgressors will all be destroyed;
the future of the wicked will be cut off.

39The salvation of the righteous is from the LORD;
He is their stronghold in time of trouble.

40The LORD helps and delivers them;
He rescues and saves them from the wicked,
because they take refuge in Him."

Strange how we are on the same page sometimes, and sometimes not.

They say that God is Love.

Would you also say that God is Hate?

If we are in God's image, and as you say, hate is natural, which I agree with, then God would have as much hate as love in him. Right?

Regards
DL
God is love as well as hate.
God’s hate is righteous, and since He is perfect & Holy, He hates sin.

We ought to hate it as well.

When people claim that God is only love and doesn’t hate, they are giving an inaccurate, watered down & unbiblical view of God’s righteousness & character.

Hate & love are two sides of the same coin.

One cannot truly love without hating.

When someone loves, they will also hate accordingly.

Some examples:
I love marriage, therefore I hate divorce.

I love children and the purity & sanctity of the young, so I hate pedophiles & those that would defile & abuse kids.

I love God, so I hate Satan.

I love morality & integrity, so I hate immorality.

I love truth, so I hate lies.

It makes perfect sense to me.

When people claim that God is only love and doesn’t hate, they are giving an inaccurate, watered down & unbiblical view of God’s righteousness & character.
Well put but let me peak to this quote.

All descriptions of a supernatural God are wrong according to scriptures themselves which say that such a God is unknoiwable and unfathomable.

Only the most foolish will try to describe what they cannot possibly know.

Regards
DL

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Well put but let me peak to this quote.

All descriptions of a supernatural God are wrong according to scriptures themselves which say that such a God is unknoiwable and unfathomable.

Only the most foolish will tryt to describe what they cannot possibly know.

Regards
DL
Do you believe the Bible make no attempt to communicate Gods thoughts or attributes?

Do you believe the Bible make no attempt to communicate Gods thoughts or attributes?
It does, while saying, itself, that what it is saying is speculative nonsense by corrupted prophets.

Isaiah 56:11) "They are shepherds who have no understanding; They have all turned to their own way, each on to his unjust gain, to the last one" But do not despair, for the day of judgment is at hand, for the day of judgment and the day of the LORD occupy the same time frame. All the dross will be burned away. (Zech 13:9) & (Malachi 3:3). In that day, "you will distinguish between the righteous and the wicked" (Malachi 3:18)

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Regards
DL

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
It does, while saying, itself, that what it is saying is speculative nonsense by corrupted prophets.

Isaiah 56:11) "They are shepherds who have no understanding; They have all turned to their own way, each on to his unjust gain, to the last one" But do not despair, for the day of judgment is at hand, for the day of judgment and the day of the LORD occupy the same time frame. All the dross will be burned away. (Zech 13:9) & (Malachi 3:3). In that day, "you will distinguish between the righteous and the wicked" (Malachi 3:18)

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Regards
DL
None of these verses suggest the Bible has been corrupted, just people who abuse scripture to their own ruin. You have a read at what you just quoted.