Is God Particular?

Lyfe

Star
Galatians 5:18-25
King James Version

18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

phipps

Star
His commandments are love God and our neighbours.

Love is the Law.
His commandments are love God and our neighbours.
There is more to it than that. Jesus said in Matthew 22:37-40, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.

Did you catch that? The Ten Commandments hang from these two commands as our 10 fingers hang from our two hands. They are inseparable because the first four commandments are about our relationship with God and the other six are about our relationships with our neighbours. Those two laws of love are a summary of all the ten commandments. They do not take the place of the Ten Commandments.

Love is the Law.
1 John 4:16, "And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him." The Bible tells us that love fulfils the law which is essentially what Christ is saying in the two laws that summarise the ten commandments. If we love Christ with all our hearts, souls, and minds, we will obey the first four commandments that have to do with God. We will not take God’s name in vain, worship other gods, etc. If we love our neighbours as we love ourselves, we will obey the last six commandments that relate to our duty to our fellow men. We will not steal from them, lie about them etc. Love will lead to obeying or fulfilling all the law.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Absolutely not.
I will add that Jesus quoted those two laws that summarise the ten commandments directly from the Old Testament.

Deuteronomy 6:5, “And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.”

Leviticus 19:18, “Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.”

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Galatians 5:18-25
King James Version

18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Alright I have decided to reply this post because you seem to be forgetful. Do you remember that I explained what Paul meant by not being under law in the dispensationalist thread? And I did that because Paul himself explained what he meant by that statement. I will repost that post.

"Well, the Bible does say that we are not under law, but does that mean that we are free from obeying the law? Is it okay to lie, steal, murder etc because we are no longer under law? The passage is found in Romans 6:14, "Sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace."

After Paul states that we are not under the law but under grace, he asks in verse 15, "What then? Shall we sin (break the law) because we are not under law but under grace?" His answer in the same verse is "Certainly not!" In the strongest possible language, Paul states that being under grace does not give us license to break the law. Yet this is what millions of Christians believe today, missing Paul's clear point.

So if being under grace does not excuse us from keeping the law, then what does Paul mean by saying that Christians are not under the law? He gives that answer in Romans 3:19, "Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God."

Here Paul equates being under the law with being "guilty before God." In other words, those who are under the law are guilty of breaking it and are under the condemnation of it. This is why Christians are not under it. They are not breaking it, they are not guilty and condemned by it. Therefore, they are not under it but, rather, are under the power of grace instead. Later in his argument, Paul points out that the power of grace is greater than the power of sin. This is why he states so emphatically, "For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace." Grace overrules the authority of sin, giving power to obey God's law."

@Lyfe, Paul means the same thing in Galatians 5 because he does not contradict himself or the entire Bible on the subject of obedience and law. To suggest that not being under law means not keeping the ten commandments is not Biblical doctrine. Its not from God as I have shown you in scripture after scripture. With your doctrine the Bible is all over the place and doesn't harmonise. How can Paul say one thing and Jesus another? They don't! Obedience is a non negotiable part of salvation. The Bible is clear on that. Who are you going to believe the word of God or your doctrine that contradicts it?

Now that's really it for me on this subject with you.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Many Christians don't seem to understand what being under law and being under grace mean. So I'm going to use an example from Amazing Facts.org that I've used here before.

"Suppose a murderer has been sentenced to death in the electric chair. Waiting for the execution the man would truly be under the law in every sense of the word—under the guilt, under the condemnation, under the sentence of death, etc. Just before the execution date the governor reviews the condemned man’s case and decides to pardon him. In the light of extenuating circumstances the governor exercises his prerogative and sends a full pardon to the prisoner. Now he is no longer under the law but under grace. The law no longer condemns him. He is considered totally justified as far as the charges of the law are concerned. He is free to walk out of the prison and no policeman can lay hands upon him. But now that he is under grace and no longer under the law, can we say that he is free to break the law? Indeed not! In fact, that pardoned man will be doubly obligated to obey the law because he has found grace from the governor. In gratitude and love he will be very careful to honor the law of that state which granted him grace. Is that what the Bible says about pardoned sinners? “Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law” (Romans 3:31). Here is the most explicit answer to the entire problem. Paul asks if the law is nullified for us just because we have had faith in Christ’s saving grace. His answer is that the law is established and reinforced in the life of a grace-saved Christian.

"The truth of this is so simple and obvious that it should require no repetition, but the devious reasoning of those who try to avoid obedience makes it necessary to press this point a bit further. Have you ever been stopped by a policeman for exceeding the speed limit? It is an embarrassing experience, especially if you know you are guilty. But suppose you really were hurrying to meet a valid emergency, and you pour out your convincing explanation to the police-man as he writes your ticket. Slowly he folds the ticket and tears it up. Then he says, “All right, I’m going to pardon you this time, but …” Now what do you think he means by that word “but”? Surely he means, “but I don’t want to ever catch you speeding again.” Does this pardon (grace) open the way for you to disobey the law? On the contrary, it adds compelling urgency to your decision not to disobey the law again. Why, then, should any true Christian try to rationalize his way out of obeying the law of God? “If ye love me,” Jesus said, “keep my commandments” (John 14:15)."

Last edited:

Lyfe

Star
Alright I have decide to reply this post because you seem to be forgetful. Do you remember that I explained what Paul meant by not being under law in the dispensationalist thread? And I did that because Paul himself explained what he meant by that statement. I will repost that post.

"Well, the Bible does say that we are not under law, but does that mean that we are free from obeying the law? Is it okay to lie, steal, murder etc because we are no longer under law? The passage is found in Romans 6:14, "Sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace."

After Paul states that we are not under the law but under grace, he asks in verse 15, "What then? Shall we sin (break the law) because we are not under law but under grace?" His answer in the same verse is "Certainly not!" In the strongest possible language, Paul states that being under grace does not give us license to break the law. Yet this is what millions of Christians believe today, missing Paul's clear point.

So if being under grace does not excuse us from keeping the law, then what does Paul mean by saying that Christians are not under the law? He gives that answer in Romans 3:19, "Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God."

Here Paul equates being under the law with being "guilty before God." In other words, those who are under the law are guilty of breaking it and are under the condemnation of it. This is why Christians are not under it. They are not breaking it, they are not guilty and condemned by it. Therefore, they are not under it but, rather, are under the power of grace instead. Later in his argument, Paul points out that the power of grace is greater than the power of sin. This is why he states so emphatically, "For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace." Grace overrules the authority of sin, giving power to obey God's law."

@Lyfe, Paul means the same thing in Galatians 5 because he does not contradict himself or the entire Bible on the subject of obedience and law. To suggest that not being under law means not keeping the ten commandments is not Biblical doctrine. Its not from God as I have shown you in scripture after scripture. With your doctrine the Bible is all over the place and doesn't harmonise. How can Paul say one thing and Jesus another? They don't! Obedience is a non negotiable part of salvation. The Bible is clear on that. Who are you going to believe the word of God or your doctrine that contradicts it?

Now that's really it for me on this subject with you.
I acctually am believing in the word of God. I am a minister of a new covenant. Not of the letter, but of the spirit. You point back to the shadowy substance of the law which Paul refers to as the ministration of condemnation and death, a yoke of bondage. You are rebuilding what was destroyed and making yourself to be a transgressor all over again, because under the law there is only trangsression. You can only be a sinner under the light of the law. You talk about obediance yet according to the law you dont even obey. You dont seem to understand that according to the law you are a lawbreaker if you dont keep all of it, perfectly. Do you obey the law? You dont. The law would put you to the test and you would be found guilty. The letter kills. Im not going to put myself under the yoke of bondage.

Bubbajay

Veteran
@Bubbajay

The "once saved always saved" doctrine is unbiblical and does not come from the Word of God at all as you know from my thread on the subject. The Bible says:

Ezekiel 18:24, "But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that the wicked man does, shall he live? All the righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; because of the unfaithfulness of which he is guilty and the sin which he has committed, because of them he shall die."

2 Peter 2:20-22, "For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.
These are clear but strong words.

Hebrews 10:23-24; 26-27, "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works. For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries." Why would a saved person need to hold fast?

These verses (please don't reject them because they are God's Word) show that righteous people can change their minds and stop believing in Christ. They can fall away hence these warnings and more in the Bible. The Bible is clear that we have got to continue living the way the Bible prescribes us to with Christ in the driving seat or we'll be lost.

I've said it before and I will say it again, osas is a satanic doctrine because it gives Christians a false sense of security. It makes them comfortable in their sins, so they don't repent and turn away from their sins. It also takes away free will that we were all created with. We’re always free to choose to love the Lord or not even after we come to Him. God does not take away our free will once we accept Him. That is why one can choose to stop being saved and turn away from Christ as the above scriptures show.

Here you go again with the works. I think I've been very clear but your false doctrine has clouded your mind from understanding God's truth.

I will repeat myself for the last time with you. No one's works can save them and ever will. Our Salvation is by grace through faith alone, there is no such thing as grace plus human something. Ephesians 2:8-9 says, "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." But and this an important "but", after we've receive grace and accept Jesus as our personal Saviour we realise that we are sinful, that our sins separate us from God. That Jesus paid a very high price for our sins on calvary. We find out about the law and realise we need a Saviour to be saved. This leads us to repent and turn from our sins. This is all possible because Christ is working in us through the Holy Spirit. Being saved by grace through faith means we live according to God's will as revealed in His Word.

Good works prove you're saved but those works cannot save you. That is why we are going to be judged by our works. Its the works that prove our choices and actions.

I tell you this in sincerity as your fellow Christian in Christ, you are wrong on this subject as the Bible clearly shows. As I told you before on this thread, Jesus is not going to save anyone in their sins. He saves us from our sins not in them.

Titus 2:14, "who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself
His own special people, zealous for good works."

There is nothing more left for me to say to you on this subject. The rest I will leave to God to convict you of His truth.
Psalm 89:29 His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven.
30 If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments;
31 If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments;
32 Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes.
33 Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.
34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
35 Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David.
36 His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.
37 It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.

phipps

Star
How does the devil feel about people who pattern their lives after God’s Ten Commandments?

Revelation 12:17, "The dragon [the devil] was enraged with the woman [true church], and he went
to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God.”

Revelation 14:12, “Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God.”

The devil hates those who uphold God’s law because the law is a pattern of right living, so it is not surprising that he bitterly opposes all who uphold God’s law. In his war against God’s holy standard, he goes so far as to use religious leaders to deny the Ten Commandments while at the same time upholding the traditions of men. No wonder Jesus said, “Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition? … In vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men” (Matthew 15:3, 9). And David said, “It is time for You to act, O Lord, for they have regarded Your law as void” (Psalm 119:126). Christians must wake up and restore God’s law to its rightful place in their hearts and lives.

Last edited:

Bubbajay

Veteran
How does the devil feel about people who pattern their lives after God’s Ten Commandments?

Revelation 12:17, "The dragon [the devil] was enraged with the woman [true church], and he went
to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God.”

Revelation 14:12, “Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God.”

The devil hates those who uphold God’s law because the law is a pattern of right living, so it is not surprising that he bitterly opposes all who uphold God’s law. In his war against God’s holy standard, he goes so far as to use religious leaders to deny the Ten Commandments while at the same time upholding the traditions of men. No wonder Jesus said, “Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition? … In vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men” (Matthew 15:3, 9). And David said, “It is time for You to act, O Lord, for they have regarded Your law as void” (Psalm 119:126). Christians must wake up and restore God’s law to its rightful place in their hearts and lives.
Yep, but nowhere does it say that keeping the commandments will save you, and that's what the discussion is about.

phipps

Star
Yep, but nowhere does it say that keeping the commandments will save you, and that's what the discussion is about.
I know you're not dumb so why are you acting like you are? You know that I know keeping the commandments does not save anyone and I've said it over and over again in so many different ways. So what are you aiming for here exactly?!

And why can't I post about how Satan views and attacks commandment keeping people?

Last edited:

Bubbajay

Veteran
@Bubbajay

The "once saved always saved" doctrine is unbiblical and does not come from the Word of God at all as you know from my thread on the subject. The Bible says:

Ezekiel 18:24, "But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that the wicked man does, shall he live? All the righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; because of the unfaithfulness of which he is guilty and the sin which he has committed, because of them he shall die."

2 Peter 2:20-22, "For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.
These are clear but strong words.

Hebrews 10:23-24; 26-27, "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works. For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries." Why would a saved person need to hold fast?

These verses (please don't reject them because they are God's Word) show that righteous people can change their minds and stop believing in Christ. They can fall away hence these warnings and more in the Bible. The Bible is clear that we have got to continue living the way the Bible prescribes us to with Christ in the driving seat or we'll be lost.

I've said it before and I will say it again, osas is a satanic doctrine because it gives Christians a false sense of security. It makes them comfortable in their sins, so they don't repent and turn away from their sins. It also takes away free will that we were all created with. We’re always free to choose to love the Lord or not even after we come to Him. God does not take away our free will once we accept Him. That is why one can choose to stop being saved and turn away from Christ as the above scriptures show.

Here you go again with the works. I think I've been very clear but your false doctrine has clouded your mind from understanding God's truth.

I will repeat myself for the last time with you. No one's works can save them and ever will. Our Salvation is by grace through faith alone, there is no such thing as grace plus human something. Ephesians 2:8-9 says, "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." But and this an important "but", after we've receive grace and accept Jesus as our personal Saviour we realise that we are sinful, that our sins separate us from God. That Jesus paid a very high price for our sins on calvary. We find out about the law and realise we need a Saviour to be saved. This leads us to repent and turn from our sins. This is all possible because Christ is working in us through the Holy Spirit. Being saved by grace through faith means we live according to God's will as revealed in His Word.

Good works prove you're saved but those works cannot save you. That is why we are going to be judged by our works. Its the works that prove our choices and actions.

I tell you this in sincerity as your fellow Christian in Christ, you are wrong on this subject as the Bible clearly shows. As I told you before on this thread, Jesus is not going to save anyone in their sins. He saves us from our sins not in them.

Titus 2:14, "who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself
His own special people, zealous for good works."

There is nothing more left for me to say to you on this subject. The rest I will leave to God to convict you of His truth.
If you believe you can lose your salvation you're not saved, because you're relying on your own works to keep you saved. The bible teaches plenty about the eternal security of the believer and how we're "sealed unto the day of redemption", but you haven't read the bible to pick up those verses.There are more, but these are the ones I can think of right off. Don't say you can lose your salvation anymore to anyone, by doing so you're bringing others that believe you to hell with you. But you're not worried since it doesn't exist yet, and isn't eternal even though the bible clearly says it does and is. You believe in a false gospel and a false jesus who can't save sinners by himself, and needs their works to help him. You believe Ellen G. White the occult soothsayer who's burning in hell right NOW instead of Jesus Christ.

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.
37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I WILL IN NO WISE CAST OUT.
38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I SHOULD LOSE NOTHING, but should raise it up again at the last day.

John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and SHALL NOT COME INTO CONDEMNATION; but is passed from death unto life

Romans 8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 corinthians 1:21Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;
22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Ephesians 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

1 peter 1:4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:

Last edited:

Bubbajay

Veteran
Jesus is the good Shepherd. Any good shepherd do not lose their sheep or allow them to go astray. By denying eternal security you're denying one of the roles of Jesus Christ who keeps all of his sheep, and loses none of them.

phipps

Star
The fourth commandment

While there are Christians who do not accept the truth of the Bible about obedience being a condition to salvation there are many Christians who do believe in the binding nature of God’s law. Which is understandable because as long as one accepts the reality of sin, it’s hard to see how anyone could believe anything else.

However the whole issue of obedience to the law suddenly gets very murky when the question of obedience to the fourth commandment arises which is about the Sabbath. Most Christians do not observe the true Sabbath of God as set by Him since creation. Most Christians observe the first day of the week Sunday, instead of the seventh day Saturday which is the true Sabbath of the Lord.

As Christians we are expected to obey it exactly as God said we should along with the rest of the moral law because He is particular.

The fourth commandment says, “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it" (Exodus 20:8-11).

This is the only commandment out the ten that begins with the Word "Remember". The Sabbath, and the week both started in Genesis 1, and it has been preserved throughout history. God Himself measured off the first week as a sample for successive weeks until the close of time. It consisted of seven literal days. Six days were used for the work of creation; and on the seventh, God rested, and He then blessed this day and set it apart as a day of rest for man. We are to remember God's work as creator and we are to do it on the day God chose. No one is to do any work on the Sabbath within our households not even animals. It is a day that should dedicated to God entirely just as He commanded.

Most Christians who observe the first day of the week instead of the seventh day do not do it intentionally. They don't know about the true Sabbath. God doesn't judge us if we didn't realise we are breaking His law. Acts 17:30 says "Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent." However when we find out the truth of God's Word we should immediately start living up to the truth we know.

God minds when we keep nine of the ten commandments and it is sinning as James 2:10-11 tells us we are guilty of breaking the whole law if we break one of the ten commandments.

God is ready and willing to forgive us for our sins. Jesus has already paid the price for our sins by giving His life for us on the cross. He asks us to repent, not only for the things we knew we were doing wrong but for the things we have only now realised were wrong. He calls us to worship Him as our creator as the fourth Commandment tells us to.

Last edited:

Lyfe

Star
Everytime you sin you break the law which translates into failure to love God. You also acknowledge that when you fall short in one area of the law you break the entirety of it. It confounds me how you can't see that you stand condemned according to these very standards you are trying to reinforce. If you sin once you break the entire law. You sin in your thoughts and attitude. Unbelief and whatever is not of faith is sin. Acting out of pride is sin. Anyone who knows to do right and doesnt do it, to him it is sin. If you feel God has put something in your heart and you dont do it, it is sin. You break the whole law everytime you sin cause it chalks up as a failure to love God one way or another. Cant you see how utterly condemned you are by the law? You dont keep the law.

elsbet

Superstar
Everytime you sin you break the law which translates into failure to love God. You also acknowledge that when you fall short in one area of the law you break the entirety of it. It confounds me how you can't see that you stand condemned according to these very standards you are trying to reinforce. If you sin once you break the entire law. You sin in your thoughts and attitude. Unbelief and whatever is not of faith is sin. Acting out of pride is sin. Anyone who knows to do right and doesnt do it, to him it is sin. If you feel God has put something in your heart and you dont do it, it is sin. You break the whole law everytime you sin cause it chalks up as a failure to love God one way or another. Cant you see how utterly condemned you are by the law? You dont keep the law.
You break the whole law everytime you sin...
Even in thought, yes.
The impossibility of keeping the law perfectly has been hammered home. Either His Grace through the blood of Christ is sufficient or it isn't.
(It is.)

Maldarker

Star
I think phipps is having what people who get let out of prison have and is scared of freedom

Maldarker

Star
@Maldarker

We are all sinful and definitely need Christ's renewing power in our lives. We can't really measure how far we are on the path except God.

I didn't mention it before but where do you get these 613 laws from? Are you adding the moral law (ten commandments), ceremonial laws, civil laws of Israel plus other laws to Israel to get to 613? I am going to explain below about the laws in the Bible and if they are all relevant or not.

The law that we should know and should be written in our hearts (Hebrews 8:10) is the ten commandment law, the moral, eternal and perfect law that Christ obeyed too..

If that is what you've taken away from my posts then you have misunderstood them completely. Christ is always my main focus not the law. The Law demonstrates that we are sinful and need a Saviour.

Here is where I explain about some of the different laws in the Bible.

Moral law. These laws were spoken and written by God on two tablets of stone. He did not do that with the other laws. These laws were the only laws in the Ark of the Covenant (this was the most important piece of furniture) in the earthly sanctuary and temple (2 Chronicles 5:10, Hebrews 9:4). Revelation 11:19 says the Ark of the covenant is in the heavenly temple. It is clear that there was a distinction between the the ten commandments and other laws in the Old Testament. These laws will also apply after the Second Coming of Jesus, as they are the base of God's government.

Ceremonial law. This law was written by Moses in the book of the law, and was placed beside the Ark of the Covenant (Deuteronomy 31:24-26). These laws centred around the sanctuary and its services, all of which were designed to teach the children of Israel the plan of salvation and point them to the coming Messiah. For example the Passover feast was part of ceremonial law. The Jews killed a lamb on that day which represented Christ as the Lamb that was to be slain to take away the sins of the world (John 1:29). So Christ’s sacrifice fulfilled the Passover feast. Ceremonial law was no longer needed after Christ's death because it foreshadowed the cross. These are the laws that Paul said were nailed to the cross in Colossians 2.

Civil laws. These were laws that were given specifically to Old Testament Israel as a nation under a theocracy. They applied to daily living in Israel. For example there was one where if a man and a woman were caught committing adultery they were to be stoned to death. While some of the laws are still relevant from that time, for example its still breaking the law to commit adultery, the punishment of stoning people to death is not applicable today. That kind of judicial system no longer exists because we do not live in a theocracy.

So its not okay to walk into a catholic church and tear down mary statues but I can teach and spread the truth of why its wrong to have statues in church and how it breaks the second commandment.

They were other laws but I will leave it here for now.
Yup 613 of them to be correct.

phipps

Star
I think phipps is having what people who get let out of prison have and is scared of freedom
I'm not scared of freedom, because freedom is what we get when we are saved through grace, and do God's will. We have absolute liberty in Christ. I have experienced it.

Galatians 5:1, "Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage."

Galatians 5:13, "For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another."

Last edited: