Is God Particular?

Maldarker

Star
@Maldarker

I'm not saying it, the word of God does ergo God.

We all have flaws and we all sin but I believe in God's promises to live Holy lives. Its a gradual process of course as we surrender our wills to Christ more and more.

Just because I haven't posted about my own issues with sin here doesn't mean I am not truthful with myself. I sin too nor have I implied I don't. Should that stop me telling the truth of God's Word?

God believes we can obey His will completely and tells us so in His Word. I believe Him. He created us and knows us better than we know ourselves and knows what we are capable of with Him in the driving seat of course.

Then you're repeating what I've said in this thread and others about growing in Christ which is a continual process if not stopped. This doesn't mean we won't have struggles with sin as we grow spiritually, but God gives us the Holy Spirit to live in our hearts and guide us. We are a “new creation” in Christ as we learn more about Him and grow our faith which leads us to obey His will more and more. Sounds to me like you're headed in the right direction.

I pray and hope that we'll all allow the Holy Spirit to draw us to the Word of God which in turn will lead us to have a closer relationship with Christ and fully obey His will.
Think where actually on the same page just looking at it different. I know i am faulty and need constant renewal. Maybe you don't which GOD bless your farther along your path then me i guess.

Will leave you with this can you even name the 613 laws? I know i can't remember them all so if you can more power to you. Just don't let the mirror be your main focus. BTW bet you don't keep Let the fringes on your clothes remind you to have pure conduct.( Numbers 15:39) or how about this one To destroy a city that has turned to idol worship. (Deuteronomy 13:17) or this Destroy idols, their accessories, and the places where they were worshipped.(Deuteronomy 12:2) You haven't walked into a catholic church and torn down mary statues have you? Then you haven't keep the law sorry to say.

Last edited:

Lyfe

Star
I respectfully disagree with the part of this video where he mentions that Christ took our place for the sins that we have committed in the future. This doesn't make any sense and is an obvious lie.

This is not what Christ taught. Amazing how it's sugar coated in truth and then the blatant lie is slipped in. Any atheist or agnostic can point this out in the Gospels, as long as they're not distracted away from reading scripture in the first place, by religious leaders such as this one.

As I told the Muslims in the other thread, this is why I do not listen to religious leaders, or religious scholars, because they do not know what they're talking about. They disregard the over all message and only lead the sheep to the slaughter. The blind leading the blind. I know this to be true because I have read the Bible, word for word, from beginning to end, and continue to do so. I do not need any religious teacher or scholar to translate the Bible because God translates the Bible for me as I read it.

The Catholic Church is currently mocking the sheep to the slaughter in their current architecture, it's so blatant. My religious teachers are God, his prophets, messengers and Christ only, period, end of story.

How can anyone be born again in the spirit if they continue to knowingly cheat on their wives?

How can anyone be born again in the spirit if they continue to knowingly steal from the family that they work for?

How can anyone be born again in the spirit if they continue to knowingly lie to their neighbors?

How can anyone be born again in the spirit and love their neighbors and continue to knowingly lie to them?

How can anyone be born again in the spirit and love God with all their heart and all their soul and serve him only when they continue to knowingly break his Commandments?

How can anyone be born again in the spirit if they continue to give COVID jabs when they know they are killing people? This is murder.

etc... etc... etc... etc...

Give me a break. How can you expect me to trust what you say when you follow this doctrine? You seem to have come far, don't blow it now. I do not want to continue studying the doctrine that you push because I have already studied it, been there and done that. You should be more careful, hopefully Christ doesn't have to say this to you one day.

Matthew
7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom of heaven; ONLY he that doeth the Will of my Father which is in heaven.
7:22 Many will say to me in That Day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work inequity.

I have gone the extra mile with you, I know where you stand and you know where I stand. The straight and narrow way that Christ taught is the only way I choose to follow. This is how I end this discussion with you friend. I leave you in peace.
Why do you suggest that the idea of Christ dying for our future sins translates into a stance that justifies sin? Maybe you misunderstood what he was acctually saying? He taught that a truly born again and regenerate person is going to grow and mature into Christlikeness as a result of genuine salvation.

If you are truly saved then Christ died for you WHILE you were still a sinner. He died for you and saved you KNOWING that you would still fall into sin. He is the author and finisher of our faith from beginning to end.

fotw

Established
Why do you suggest that the idea of Christ dying for our future sins translates into a stance that justifies sin?

Maybe you misunderstood what he was acctually saying? He taught that a truly born again and regenerate person is going to grow and mature into Christlikeness as a result of genuine salvation.

If you are truly saved then Christ died for you WHILE you were still a sinner. He died for you and saved you KNOWING that you would still fall into sin. He is the author and finisher of our faith from beginning to end.
I do not mean to suggest that the idea of Christ dying for future sins translates into a stance that justifies sin. I disagree with the part of forgiveness for future sins because there is a narrow limit to it, life on earth is short. Christians that follow this doctrine need to understand that they cannot continue to sin with impunity. We will eventually run out of time.

Christ continuously hammers on about this in the Gospel, and in the end Christ reveals it to John with an iron fist. Christians that believe this doctrine should refer to his Commandments in order to be able to follow him. As you already know this is mentioned no less than 10 times in the Gospels.

Mat_5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat_15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Mat_19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Mat_22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Mar_7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Mar_10:19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

Mar_12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Luk_1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Luk_18:20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

Joh_14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Joh_14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Joh_15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Act_1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

13 verses found, 14 matches
Matthew
4 verses found
4 matches
Mark
3 verses found
3 matches
Luke
2 verses found
2 matches
John
3 verses found
4 matches
Acts
1 verse found
1 match

phipps

Star
@Maldarker

I know i am faulty and need constant renewal. Maybe you don't which GOD bless your farther along your path then me i guess.
We are all sinful and definitely need Christ's renewing power in our lives. We can't really measure how far we are on the path except God.

Will leave you with this can you even name the 613 laws? I know i can't remember them all so if you can more power to you.
I didn't mention it before but where do you get these 613 laws from? Are you adding the moral law (ten commandments), ceremonial laws, civil laws of Israel plus other laws to Israel to get to 613? I am going to explain below about the laws in the Bible and if they are all relevant or not.

The law that we should know and should be written in our hearts (Hebrews 8:10) is the ten commandment law, the moral, eternal and perfect law that Christ obeyed too..

Just don't let the mirror be your main focus.
If that is what you've taken away from my posts then you have misunderstood them completely. Christ is always my main focus not the law. The Law demonstrates that we are sinful and need a Saviour.

BTW bet you don't keep Let the fringes on your clothes remind you to have pure conduct.( Numbers 15:39) or how about this one To destroy a city that has turned to idol worship. (Deuteronomy 13:17) or this Destroy idols, their accessories, and the places where they were worshipped.(Deuteronomy 12:2) You haven't walked into a catholic church and torn down mary statues have you? Then you haven't keep the law sorry to say.
Here is where I explain about some of the different laws in the Bible.

Moral law. These laws were spoken and written by God on two tablets of stone. He did not do that with the other laws. These laws were the only laws in the Ark of the Covenant (this was the most important piece of furniture) in the earthly sanctuary and temple (2 Chronicles 5:10, Hebrews 9:4). Revelation 11:19 says the Ark of the covenant is in the heavenly temple. It is clear that there was a distinction between the the ten commandments and other laws in the Old Testament. These laws will also apply after the Second Coming of Jesus, as they are the base of God's government.

Ceremonial law. This law was written by Moses in the book of the law, and was placed beside the Ark of the Covenant (Deuteronomy 31:24-26). These laws centred around the sanctuary and its services, all of which were designed to teach the children of Israel the plan of salvation and point them to the coming Messiah. For example the Passover feast was part of ceremonial law. The Jews killed a lamb on that day which represented Christ as the Lamb that was to be slain to take away the sins of the world (John 1:29). So Christ’s sacrifice fulfilled the Passover feast. Ceremonial law was no longer needed after Christ's death because it foreshadowed the cross. These are the laws that Paul said were nailed to the cross in Colossians 2.

Civil laws. These were laws that were given specifically to Old Testament Israel as a nation under a theocracy. They applied to daily living in Israel. For example there was one where if a man and a woman were caught committing adultery they were to be stoned to death. While some of the laws are still relevant from that time, for example its still breaking the law to commit adultery, the punishment of stoning people to death is not applicable today. That kind of judicial system no longer exists because we do not live in a theocracy.

So its not okay to walk into a catholic church and tear down mary statues but I can teach and spread the truth of why its wrong to have statues in church and how it breaks the second commandment.

They were other laws but I will leave it here for now.

Last edited:

Bubbajay

Veteran
I do not mean to suggest that the idea of Christ dying for future sins translates into a stance that justifies sin. I disagree with the part of forgiveness for future sins because there is a narrow limit to it, life on earth is short. Christians that follow this doctrine need to understand that they cannot continue to sin with impunity. We will eventually run out of time.

Christ continuously hammers on about this in the Gospel, and in the end Christ reveals it to John with an iron fist. Christians that believe this doctrine should refer to his Commandments in order to be able to follow him. As you already know this is mentioned no less than 10 times in the Gospels.

Mat_5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat_15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Mat_19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Mar_7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Mar_10:19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

Mar_12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Luk_1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Luk_18:20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

Joh_14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Joh_15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Act_1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

Matthew
4 verses found
4 matches
Mark
3 verses found
3 matches
Luke
2 verses found
2 matches
John
3 verses found
4 matches
Acts
1 verse found
1 match
The sacrifice of Jesus Christ was a one time sacrifice that covers all sin, past, present, and future. If it didn't cover future sins, then Jesus would have to be crucified and second, third, fourth etc time.

Lyfe

Star

Matthew
4 verses found
4 matches
Mark
3 verses found
3 matches
Luke
2 verses found
2 matches
John
3 verses found
4 matches
Acts
1 verse found
1 match
I have told you repeatedly that someone who is truly converted and born again cannot and will not sin with impunity, because that would contradict what it is to be born again and made into a new creature. If you think its possible for someone to get saved by the power of God and filled with the holy spirit and live the rest of their life as a godless heathen then you dont know what biblical salvation is, nor the power of God. Biblical salvation is God saving people from their sins, the penality, power, desire, and dominion of sin.

You also dont know the law or had a revelation of the holiness of God. I promise if you went before him and asked him to reveal all the sin in your life and heart then you would be absolutely overwhelmed with how completely naked and filthy you are before him. That is how holy and pure God is. You are a bigger sinner then you believe even in your best efforts to keep the law. Thats not the point though, because God is not counting our trespasses against us as we have been justified through Christ. Where there is no law there is no impartation of sin which is why we have been loosed from the law and joined unto Christ. You cant add or take away from a perfect righteousness that comes from Christ. It is this very perfection which is required to enter into Gods kingdom. If you have been saved then this perfect righteousness has been given to you. You need to stop perceiving this to be doctrine that justifies sin when this is clearly what the Bible teaches.

Bubbajay

Veteran
This is my favorite parable in the bible. It explains what's talked about here. Later when they couldn't understand the parable Jesus told them "I am the door". Anyone who tries to enter the feast any other way besides the door will be thrown into outer darkness. People who prescribe to works salvation are those who try and enter through the basement window. Notice they were told to gather both " bad and good".

Matthew 22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
4 Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.
5 But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
6 And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
7 But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Bubbajay

Veteran
As Christians our works will be judged as pertaining to rewards, if our works abide we shall receive rewards, if they don't they'll be burned like wood hay and stubble, and the man shall suffer loss, but he himself will still be saved. He may have no rewards in heaven, but he will at least be there.

1 corinthians 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

phipps

Star

Matthew
4 verses found
4 matches
Mark
3 verses found
3 matches
Luke
2 verses found
2 matches
John
3 verses found
4 matches
Acts
1 verse found
1 match
I hope you don't mind me adding to this. Christ died for all sin, but the sins He died for are repented sins. Jesus paid the price for our sins so we don't have to. But we have to repent, ask for forgiveness of our sins and accept His free gift of salvation. If we wilfully continue to sin and do not repent and ask for forgiveness for our sins, we will pay for our own sin in hell and die eternally. Hebrews 10:26–27 says, "For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries."

This is why repentance is a condition to being saved. Repentance in the Bible is changing our minds about our sin, turning from it. We cannot do this without Christ too.

Luke 5:32, "I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

Luke 24:47, "And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem."

When the apostles preached in Acts, they called people to repent of their sins in order to be forgiven (Acts 2:38, 3:19, 8:32, 17:30, 20:21, 26:20).

1 John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Last edited:

Bubbajay

Veteran
I hope you don't mind me adding to this. Christ died for all sin, but the sins He died for are repented sins. Jesus paid the price for our sins so we don't have to. But we have to repent, ask for forgiveness of our sins and accept His free gift of salvation. If we wilfully continue to sin and do not repent and ask for forgiveness for our sins, we will pay for our own sin in hell and die eternally. Hebrews 10:26–27 says, "For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries."

This why repentance is a condition to being saved. Repentance in the Bible is changing our minds about our sin, turning from it. We cannot do this without Christ too.

Luke 5:32, "I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

Luke 24:47, "And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem."

When the apostles preached in Acts, they called people to repent of their sins in order to be forgiven (Acts 2:38, 3:19, 8:32, 17:30, 20:21, 26:20).

1 John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
That's another gospel.

phipps

Star
That's another gospel.
Its the true gospel of God as I've shown from actual scripture. Do you reject what the Word of God says on repentance? Unrepentant people are disobedient and have not changed their ways. As I've pointed out repeatedly in this thread and others while showing actual scripture to prove it, only obedient people will make it to heaven and eternal life and be with Christ forever.

If we study the earthly sanctuary that represented Jesus' life, ministry and death on earth, plus symbolised His role as High Priest in the heavenly temple, those who did not repent their sins were cut off from the rest of the people. Just as at the end of the world the unrepentant and disobedient will be cut off from the righteous, the world and the entire universe permanently and forever.

Repentance is not something God's people can opt out of either.

Luke 13:3, "I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish."

Revelation 2:5, "Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent."

That's the truth of the Bible whether you accept it or not.

Last edited:

Bubbajay

Veteran
Its the true gospel of God as I've shown from actual scripture. Do you reject what the Word of God says on repentance? Unrepentant people are disobedient and have not changed their ways. As I've pointed out repeatedly in this thread and others while showing actual scripture to prove it, only obedient people will make it to heaven and eternal life and be with Christ forever.

If we study the earthly sanctuary that represented Jesus' life, ministry and death on earth, plus symbolised His role as High Priest in the heavenly temple, those who did not repent their sins were cut off from the rest of the people. Just as at the end of the world the unrepentant and disobedient will be cut of from the righteous, the world and the entire universe permanently and forever.

Repentance is not something God's people can opt out of either.

Luke 13:3, "I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish."

Revelation 2:5, "Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent."

That's the truth of the Bible whether you accept it or not.
Whosoever believes on the Lord Jesus Christ shall be saved. Whosoever means anybody. Once you're saved you cannot lose your salvation for being "disobedient", that's where the christening of the Lord comes into play.

You're trying to get into the wedding dinner another way instead of the door. You think your works are the proper wedding garment, when the bible says they're filthy rags. You can't wear filthy rags at this dinner, the proper garments are provided by the door.

fotw

Established
I have told you repeatedly that someone who is truly converted and born again cannot and will not sin with impunity, because that would contradict what it is to be born again and made into a new creature. If you think its possible for someone to get saved by the power of God and filled with the holy spirit and live the rest of their life as a godless heathen then you dont know what biblical salvation is, nor the power of God. Biblical salvation is God saving people from their sins, the penality, power, desire, and dominion of sin.

You also dont know the law or had a revelation of the holiness of God. I promise if you went before him and asked him to reveal all the sin in your life and heart then you would be absolutely overwhelmed with how completely naked and filthy you are before him. That is how holy and pure God is. You are a bigger sinner then you believe even in your best efforts to keep the law. Thats not the point though, because God is not counting our trespasses against us as we have been justified through Christ. Where there is no law there is no impartation of sin which is why we have been loosed from the law and joined unto Christ. You cant add or take away from a perfect righteousness that comes from Christ. It is this very perfection which is required to enter into Gods kingdom. If you have been saved then this perfect righteousness has been given to you. You need to stop perceiving this to be doctrine that justifies sin when this is clearly what the Bible teaches.
I know what I need to know to stay on course because the words of Christ have been written. You still cannot negate the fact that many followers of your doctrine believe they can continue to sin with impunity. We would not be arguing about this if this problem did not exist. You should address why many Christians continue to believe in this way rather than repeating what we already know. I used to listen to those preachers. I have been around many Christians which say one thing yet do another. It's no secret this is the doctrine that most Christians follow. This doctrine is confusing to those that do not read the word of God on their own. Very easy to identify after reading the words of Christ. This doctrine is clearly flawed as it is different than what Christ taught. Christ said to keep the Commandments, take it up with him if you have an issue. I will not be moved from the words of Christ as written in the Gospel. You can have the last word friend, thank you and goodbye...

Matthew
5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy The Law, or the Prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no way pass from The Law, till all be fulfilled.
5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least COMMANDments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the Kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the Kingdom of heaven.

19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have Eternal Life?
19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou ME good? [there is] none good but One, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into Life, keep the Commandments.
19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness (tell lies),
19:19 Honour thy father and [thy] mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

22:36 Master, which [is] the Great Commandment in The Law?
22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
22:38 This is the First and Great Commandment.
22:39 And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
22:40 On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.

Mark
10:17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit Eternal Life?
10:18 And Jesus said unto him,
Why callest thou ME good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God.
10:19 Thou knowest the COMMANDments, Do not commit adultery, Do not murder, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

12:29 And Jesus answered him, The First of all the Commandments [is], Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength and serve Him ONLY: this [is] the first COMMANDment.
12:31
And the second [is] like, [namely] this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other COMMANDment greater than these.

Luke
18:18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit Eternal Life?
18:19
And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou ME good? none [is] good, save one, [that is], God.

18:20 Thou knowest the COMMANDments, Do not commit adultery, Do not murder, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

John
12:44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth me, believeth not me, but Him that sent me.
12:45 And he that seeth me seeth Him that sent me.
12:46 I am come a Light into the world, that whosoever believeth me should not abide in darkness.
12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath One that judgeth him: the Truth that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the Last Day.
12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, He gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

12:50 And I know that His commandment is Life Everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

14:15 If ye love me, KEEP my COMMANDments.
14:16 And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
14:17 [Even] the Spirit of Truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I Live, ye shall live also.
14:20 At that day ye shall know that I [am] in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
14:21 He that hath my COMMANDments, and KEEPETH them, HE it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

15:9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
15:10 IF ye keep my COMMANDments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in His love.
15:11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and [that] your joy might be full.
15:12 This is my COMMANDment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his "Self" life for his friends.
15:14 Ye are my friends, IF ye DO whatsoever I command you.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
@Bubbajay
Whosoever believes on the Lord Jesus Christ shall be saved. Whosoever means anybody. Once you're saved you cannot lose your salvation for being "disobedient", that's where the christening of the Lord comes into play.
The "once saved always saved" doctrine is unbiblical and does not come from the Word of God at all as you know from my thread on the subject. The Bible says:

Ezekiel 18:24, "But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that the wicked man does, shall he live? All the righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; because of the unfaithfulness of which he is guilty and the sin which he has committed, because of them he shall die."

2 Peter 2:20-22, "For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.
These are clear but strong words.

Hebrews 10:23-24; 26-27, "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works. For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries." Why would a saved person need to hold fast?

These verses (please don't reject them because they are God's Word) show that righteous people can change their minds and stop believing in Christ. They can fall away hence these warnings and more in the Bible. The Bible is clear that we have got to continue living the way the Bible prescribes us to with Christ in the driving seat or we'll be lost.

I've said it before and I will say it again, osas is a satanic doctrine because it gives Christians a false sense of security. It makes them comfortable in their sins, so they don't repent and turn away from their sins. It also takes away free will that we were all created with. We’re always free to choose to love the Lord or not even after we come to Him. God does not take away our free will once we accept Him. That is why one can choose to stop being saved and turn away from Christ as the above scriptures show.

You're trying to get into the wedding dinner another way instead of the door. You think your works are the proper wedding garment, when the bible says they're filthy rags. You can't wear filthy rags at this dinner, the proper garments are provided by the door.
Here you go again with the works. I think I've been very clear but your false doctrine has clouded your mind from understanding God's truth.

I will repeat myself for the last time with you. No one's works can save them and ever will. Our Salvation is by grace through faith alone, there is no such thing as grace plus human something. Ephesians 2:8-9 says, "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." But and this an important "but", after we receive grace and accept Jesus as our personal Saviour we realise that we are sinful, that our sins separate us from God. That Jesus paid a very high price for our sins on calvary. We find out about the law and realise we need a Saviour to be saved. This leads us to repent and turn from our sins. This is all possible because Christ is working in us through the Holy Spirit. Being saved by grace through faith means we live according to God's will as revealed in His Word.

Good works prove you're saved but those works cannot save you. That is why we are going to be judged by our works. Its the works that prove our choices and actions.

I tell you this in sincerity as your fellow Christian in Christ, you are wrong on this subject as the Bible clearly shows. As I told you before on this thread, Jesus is not going to save anyone in their sins. He saves us from our sins not in them.

Titus 2:14, "who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself
His own special people, zealous for good works."

There is nothing more left for me to say to you on this subject. The rest I will leave to God to convict you of His truth.

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
Being saved by grace through faith means we live according to God's will as revealed in His Word.
God provided the sufficient sacrifice for sins.

That's grace.

Man believe this is true.

That's faith.

So saved by grace through faith means we believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins so we can be forgiven and begin to live according to His will.

TokiEl

Superstar
22:36 Master, which [is] the Great Commandment in The Law?
22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
22:38 This is the First and Great Commandment.
22:39 And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
22:40 On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.
Absolutely.

Love is the Law.

Anybody sloppy in love is a borderline outlaw in the Kingdom of God.

phipps

Star
God provided the sufficient sacrifice for sins.

That's grace.

Man believe this is true.

That's faith.

So saved by grace through faith means we believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins so we can be forgiven and begin to live according to His will.
I believe in Christ's grace. His grace is freely bestowed on all who believe in Him. If we accept Christ's free gift of grace and believe in Him we trust, love and obey him. And what do we obey? His laws. That is why Christ said, "if you love me, keep my commandments" (John 14:15). When we really love someone, doing what pleases them is not a burden at all. We don't even need a discussion about it. It comes from our hearts, we love doing it. "For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome" (1 John 5:3).

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
I believe in Christ's grace. His grace is freely bestowed on all who believe in Him. If we accept Christ's free gift of grace and believe in Him we, trust, love and obey him. And what do we obey? His laws. That is why Christ said, "if you love me, keep my commandments" (John 14:15).
His commandments are love God and our neighbours.

Love is the Law.

Lyfe

Star
In all of Pauls writings he says that love is the fulfilling of the law. Thr whole law is fulfilled in one word you shall love your neighbor as yourself. In the book of James the entire faith and works sermon was about loving the brethren which he referred to as the "royal law." Even in the epistles of John the passsages about keeping the commandments are directly speaking about loving your brother. He said thst IS HOW we have come to know him if we love the brethren. In the NT the commandments and law of God is ALWAYS speaking about loving the brethren. That is the context that the law and commanments is always referenced in within the NT. Love is the royal law, he who has loved has fulfilled the law, this is his commandment that you believe in the lord Jesus and love one another. Its not talking about anything more than this in the context these things are spoken of in in the NT.

Last edited:

Lyfe

Star
Galatians 5:13-14
King James Version

13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself