Is God competent or incompetent?

DUSTY

Established
He was, like me, a Gnostic Christian with no supernatural beliefs.
The point was that he was OPEN MINDED and not MYOPIC.

https://www.philosophyzer.com/jung-on-religion/
https://www.thesap.org.uk/resources/articles-on-jungian-psychology-2/about-analysis-and-therapy/spirituality-and-religion/

Over the door at his house in Zurich, Jung had inscribed: ‘Whether summoned or not, God will be present’ (‘Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit’ ). This sums up Jung’s attitude to religion and spirituality, in his life and in his work. They are an ever present and hugely powerful, even if unacknowledged, factor.

Jung differentiates between religion and spirituality. He understood our spiritual needs as, ‘as real as hunger and the fear of death’ (Jung, 1928, Coll. Wks, para. 403) – as basic, as profound, as essential as these other deep guides, or archetypal patterns, which govern how we try to live.

Jung came increasingly to think that the healthiest spiritual aim, that is, the one of most benefit to the individual, is that of individuation – of trying to become more and more fully and truly who we essentially are.

DUSTY

Established
I suggest you get honest or get lost.
I suggest you take your own advice.

You falsely made this statement - "why are you not doing the works and deeds that he said you could do in his name?
Jesus says you can do all he did and more yet you do nothing. Why not?". You falsely said (LIED) that knowing nothing about me or my situation.

DUSTY

Established
You said you believed but choose to ignore proving it the way Jesus said you could.
^^ You LIED and falsely accused me of things, when you know nothing about me.
That's just spewing deflective word vomit at the wall to see what can stick. Sick stuff.
I don't have to prove to you or anyone that I believe in God. I simply believe there is a God.
Even if I listed my 'good works' and lifestyle, you'd whine that there is no proof of my words.

What is very interesting is the amount of vitriol and combativeness that simple statement brings out in you.
And the fact that you are SOOOO far down the rabbit hole and SOOOO far off topic is notable.

You do remember the actual topic, right? Is God competent or incompetent?
Would you care to address the actual topic?

The point was that he was OPEN MINDED and not MYOPIC.

https://www.philosophyzer.com/jung-on-religion/
https://www.thesap.org.uk/resources/articles-on-jungian-psychology-2/about-analysis-and-therapy/spirituality-and-religion/

Over the door at his house in Zurich, Jung had inscribed: ‘Whether summoned or not, God will be present’ (‘Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit’ ). This sums up Jung’s attitude to religion and spirituality, in his life and in his work. They are an ever present and hugely powerful, even if unacknowledged, factor.

Jung differentiates between religion and spirituality. He understood our spiritual needs as, ‘as real as hunger and the fear of death’ (Jung, 1928, Coll. Wks, para. 403) – as basic, as profound, as essential as these other deep guides, or archetypal patterns, which govern how we try to live.

Jung came increasingly to think that the healthiest spiritual aim, that is, the one of most benefit to the individual, is that of individuation – of trying to become more and more fully and truly who we essentially are.
Yep. Pure Gnostic Christian thinking.

It shows an open mind and not an idol worshiping mind like yours.

Open minds seek god as they are exoteric ecumenists. Your closed mind has found a god and is thus an idol worshipers mind.

Regards
DL

I suggest you take your own advice.

You falsely made this statement - "why are you not doing the works and deeds that he said you could do in his name?
Jesus says you can do all he did and more yet you do nothing. Why not?". You falsely said (LIED) that knowing nothing about me or my situation.
Yet you do not deny Jesus' words, while you refuse to do them or can't do them thanks to you lying to us and to yourself.

Regards
DL

^^ You LIED and falsely accused me of things, when you know nothing about me.
That's just spewing deflective word vomit at the wall to see what can stick. Sick stuff.
I don't have to prove to you or anyone that I believe in God. I simply believe there is a God.
Even if I listed my 'good works' and lifestyle, you'd whine that there is no proof of my words.

What is very interesting is the amount of vitriol and combativeness that simple statement brings out in you.
And the fact that you are SOOOO far down the rabbit hole and SOOOO far off topic is notable.

You do remember the actual topic, right? Is God competent or incompetent?
Would you care to address the actual topic?
Go ahead instead of just talking about your deficiencies and lies.

Was God competent in heaven when he had to throw Satan out?
Was god competent in Eden when he had to murder A & E by neglect and starving them of what would have kept them alive?
How about his incompetence to the point of having to use genocide on the whole world when things just weren't going his way?

Let's see you make successes out of those failures.

Regards
DL

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

Was god competent in Eden when he had to murder A & E by neglect and starving them of what would have kept them alive?
How about his incompetence to the point of having to use genocide on the whole world when things just weren't going his way?

Regards
DL
I could presume to offer a “defence” of God’s actions in terms of “competence” and those who dislike God might offer their counter-arguments, but neither really touch on God’s reality.

Luke 7:35 contains the enigmatic observation “But wisdom is justified of all her children.” which translates roughly to me as saying that the proof of the pudding [of the ages] will be in the eating.

As this debate is not on God’s existence but on what philosophical assaults you might try to make on Him, I think it will be one you will likely be able to take up with Him when the “books are opened”.

I could presume to offer a “defence” of God’s actions in terms of “competence” and those who dislike God might offer their counter-arguments, but neither really touch on God’s reality.

Luke 7:35 contains the enigmatic observation “But wisdom is justified of all her children.” which translates roughly to me as saying that the proof of the pudding [of the ages] will be in the eating.

As this debate is not on God’s existence but on what philosophical assaults you might try to make on Him, I think it will be one you will likely be able to take up with Him when the “books are opened”.
IOW, you do not want the truth as you fear the truth.

Cowards can never be moral. That is why your god is a genocidal and infanticidal satanic god.

Regards
DL

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
IOW, you do not want the truth as you fear the truth.

Cowards can never be moral. That is why your god is a genocidal and infanticidal satanic god.

Regards
DL
There are certain things that you can only discuss with certain people. If you don’t believe me, try discussing political theory with a five year old or monotheism with a Hindu.

You appear to despise God, yet expect people to repeatedly offer you considered responses we know you will simply rail and snarl at. Your reasoning ability is subsumed within your own hatred of your maker. Surely the falsest of all idols is the alter of self at which you appear to worship.

It is not for want of explanations that the quality of discussion with you is so limited, but in your communication style which after all this time I am simply finding banal.

There are certain things that you can only discuss with certain people. If you don’t believe me, try discussing political theory with a five year old or monotheism with a Hindu.
I have a hard enough time with religious sheeple who are adults and think like children.
It's that supernaturalstupid thinking that screws people like you up.

You appear to despise God,
Your God, yes, because you Satan worshipers always run away from showing why you love such a prick.

S
yet expect people to repeatedly offer you considered responses we know you will simply rail and snarl at.
Considered response???
Are you that blind and stupid?

Your reasoning ability is subsumed within your own hatred of your maker.
Yours is and that is why you follow a satanic god.

Mine is great as I seek the moral path and not yours.

Surely the falsest of all idols is the alter of self at which you appear to worship.
While you idol worship Satan. I like my choice better as it is a moral one.

I am simply finding banal.
A compliment compared to what I think of the apologetics of you brain dead sheeple..

Even your own religious hierarchy is complaining that you fools are driving people our of your religions because of the hate and division you spew.

Just like your whole post here was designed to do.

Regards
DL

DUSTY

Established
Yet you do not deny Jesus' words, while you refuse to do them or can't do them thanks to you lying to us and to yourself.
The first lie - "why are you not doing the works and deeds that he said you could do in his name?
Jesus says you can do all he did and more yet you do nothing. Why not?".

... and you just doubled down on your lie .. claiming that I 'refuse to do them or can't do them' ... all while not knowing me or my situation or what I do or don't do.

You sure do lie a lot.

The first lie - "why are you not doing the works and deeds that he said you could do in his name?

... and you just doubled down on your lie .. claiming that I 'refuse to do them or can't do them' ... all while not knowing me or my situation or what I do or don't do.

You sure do lie a lot.
Can't even track a conversation. A question cannot be a lie.
I am not surprised that a liar of your caliber would think that a question is a lie.

Regards
DL

DUSTY

Established
You are the one lying and saying i'm somehow 'deficient' when in fact you have no clue.

I have no idea if that ever happened.
Adam and Eve is a creation myth, just one of many. It didn't happen. Science has proven it false.
Also, It's a story stolen from the pagan Egyptians and their 'tree of life' story, which the Hebrew 'adapted' (changed) to their own culture.
Noahs Flood? That didn't happen. It's a Sumerian story that was adapted by the Hebrews to their own culture. It has been proven, without a doubt, that there was never a 'world wide flood' at any time in human history.

Let's see you actually grow up and have a civil conversation on a topic ... and do it without lying about people.

DUSTY

Established
Can't even track a conversation. A question cannot be a lie.
A 'rhetorical question' isn't a question AND you made a false STATEMENT claiming that I did nothing.
Putting a question mark on the end does nothing to change the fact that you made a false statement.

FIRST LIE - two false STATEMENTS - "why are you not doing the works and deeds that he said you could do in his name?

SECOND LIE - a false STATEMENT claiming that I 'refuse to do them or can't do them' ... all while not knowing me or my situation or what I do or don't do.

Clean up your own act, Gnostic Christian Bishop. It's a mess.

You are the one lying and saying i'm somehow 'deficient' when in fact you have no clue.

I have no idea if that ever happened.

Adam and Eve is a creation myth, just one of many. It didn't happen. Science has proven it false.
Also, It's a story stolen from the pagan Egyptians and their 'tree of life' story, which the Hebrew 'adapted' (changed) to their own culture.

Noahs Flood? That didn't happen. It's a Sumerian story that was adapted by the Hebrews to their own culture. It has been proven, without a doubt, that there was never a 'world wide flood' at any time in human history.

Let's see you actually grow up and have a civil conversation on a topic ... and do it without lying about people.
So if Yahweh is a myth, which he obviously is, who is your god and why are you bothering to enter a discussion while not showing the competence of your god?

Get in or get out. Your choice.

As to lies, I am used to Christian lies and you have not shown yourself to be any more truthfull than most delusional thinkers.

Regards
DL

A 'rhetorical question' isn't a question AND you made a false STATEMENT claiming that I did nothing.
Putting a question mark on the end does nothing to change the fact that you made a false statement.

FIRST LIE - two false STATEMENTS - "why are you not doing the works and deeds that he said you could do in his name?

SECOND LIE - a false STATEMENT claiming that I 'refuse to do them or can't do them' ... all while not knowing me or my situation or what I do or don't do.

Clean up your own act, Gnostic Christian Bishop. It's a mess.
Bite me, liar.

Regards

DL

DUSTY

Established
So if Yahweh is a myth, which he obviously is, who is your god and why are you bothering to enter a discussion while not showing the competence of your god?
The thread topic is - Is God competent or incompetent.
As I stated .. GOD is competent, but the humans who claim to speak for Him are not.

Let's pretend, for a moment, that God is incompetent. So what? He's obviously much more powerful than any of us, or even more powerful than ALL of us put together. It's His show. It's His game. He made you. He can wipe you out of all existence. So competent or not, He's in charge and there is nothing any of us can do about it.

As to lies, I am used to Christian lies and you have not shown yourself to be any more truthfull than most delusional thinkers.
... says the poster who just got caught lying multiple times about me and then tried to deflect from that fact. You are funny.

DUSTY

Established
Bite me, liar.
So far, YOU are the only one who has been caught lying here. In fact, you doubled down on your lie.
Hint - instead of telling people who catch you lying 'bite me, liar' ... learn from your mistakes and
stop spewing untruthful word vomit about people. That lesson will serve you better as you go through life.

Just a recap - YOUR lies so far on this thread -

DUSTY

Established
Get in or get out. Your choice.
You are sooo far off topic on this thread and yet you continue to try to control the narrative.
(and fail miserably)
Seriously ... I haven't laughed at another poster this much in months .. thanks!!!

Now as to if God is competent or incompetent ... what do you say about THE TOPIC?

He's obviously much more powerful than any of us, or even more powerful than ALL of us put together. It's His show. It's His game. He made you. He can wipe you out of all existence. So competent or not, He's in charge and there is nothing any of us can do about it.
More lies as you have no way of knowing any of this as facts.

Why are you talking of the god you do not believe in?

Let's talk of the god you believe in so that I might have an idea of how to respond?

Why are you so afraid of showing your beliefs?

Why do you sound like you will follow any powerful god be he have decent morals or not?

Regards
DL