Is God competent or incompetent?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Try harder.

What you have ended in doing is idol worshiping a genocidal son murdering god that you can somehow see as good.

That is not good for anyone who wants to say that they have decent morals.

Regards
DL
I could say that I disagreed with your summation, and I could explain why, but tbh, insanity is repeating the same things time and time again and expecting different results!

Au revoir!

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Of course not. The insane do not recognize that they are insane.
Check with your talking serpent and donkey. They will lead you in the right direction.
I can almost guarantee it.

Regards
DL
Your entire polemic against the miraculous seems to rely on the assumption that God cannot suspend the ordinary laws of the universe for his own purposes. I have no issue with science, but to claim that it is automatically at odds with faith (as Dawkins does) is a pedestrian assumption that takes little of the wonder of real science into account...

If you have never studied “imaginary” numbers, you may find this interesting:-

https://www.vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/“imaginary-numbers”-and-faith.5991/

Your entire polemic against the miraculous seems to rely on the assumption that God cannot suspend the ordinary laws of the universe
While yours entire polemic is based on the assumption that a god can do miracles, without evidence or proof, which makes my position superior to yours.

My assumptions are fact based while your are not.

Regards
DL

DUSTY

Established
Your entire polemic against the miraculous seems to rely on the assumption that God cannot suspend the ordinary laws of the universe for his own purposes. I have no issue with science, but to claim that it is automatically at odds with faith (as Dawkins does) is a pedestrian assumption that takes little of the wonder of real science into account...
/
Have to agree. It's myopic to base an opinion solely on faith or solely on science. We humans aren't exactly the most brilliant creatures in the universe and we really know very little about the science of how things work and about the spirit world and God. We don't have all the answers, in fact we probably have a very small part of the larger picture. In terms that us little humans can understand - a poor example but hopefully it gets the point across - The AUTHOR of all this is the programmer who wrote the program and, at any time He wishes, can change the program to suit His desires. Who are we to say that He can't?

Einstein - "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind". They can compliment each other and make each other stronger ... when people aren't myopic.

DUSTY

Established
Indeed. Telling someone who has personally witnessed a miracle that they “can’t have done because they are impossible” falls rather flat, I’m afraid!
I personally knew a woman (has now passed away) who was in leg and back braces for 40 years. She had an accident as a young adult. She was constantly in pain and absolutely could not walk without the braces. She was a good and prayerful woman who endured her suffering (I couldn't have done it .. I would have been angry and would have given up). One evening a woman from Italy was visiting with her and asked her to take her braces off so she could pray with her and place her hands on the legs. About 20 minutes into them praying together, the back and legs were totally healed. The woman had no pain and it was a total healing. Why God made her wait 40 years? I have no idea. Why at that moment was she relieved of her suffering? I have no idea. I don't know the mind of God why some get miracles and others do not. But they do happen. I've seen it. (and others besides that one)

I personally knew a woman (has now passed away) who was in leg and back braces for 40 years. She had an accident as a young adult. She was constantly in pain and absolutely could not walk without the braces. She was a good and prayerful woman who endured her suffering (I couldn't have done it .. I would have been angry and would have given up). One evening a woman from Italy was visiting with her and asked her to take her braces off so she could pray with her and place her hands on the legs. About 20 minutes into them praying together, the back and legs were totally healed. The woman had no pain and it was a total healing. Why God made her wait 40 years? I have no idea. Why at that moment was she relieved of her suffering? I have no idea. I don't know the mind of God why some get miracles and others do not. But they do happen. I've seen it. (and others besides that one)
Tell us why your god would heel a woman who is not in danger of death, while allowing millions of children to die yearly of preventable conditions?

It seems that your god's focus is rather immoral.

Regards
DL

DUSTY

Established
The same god that your own bible says is unknowable and unfathomable.

Either you are lying or your ideology is.
Your conclusion is inaccurate. The bible says god is unknowable and unfathomable in that we won't know him intimately until we are dead. But that doesn't mean we don't have experiences with Him that show us that He is there and give us a glimpse of Who He Is. Also - You assume that, when it comes to belief, the bible is an 'all or nothing' ... and it's not. It's not 'my bible'. It's just THE bible with 46 different books in it.

DUSTY

Established
Tell us why your god would heel a woman who is not in danger of death, while allowing millions of children to die yearly of preventable conditions?
I have no idea. And I struggle with that daily. God is what He is. I've seen the miracles. I know He exists.
WHY He does what He does??? No clue. You can ask Him when you die.
Your question is also on my list of questions to ask when I die.

Nope. But I understand why you'd think that.
Then why bring ridicule to your religion and god?

Also, if you believe or have faith in god/Jesus, why are you not doing the works and deeds that he said you could do in his name?

Jesus says you can do all he did and more yet you do nothing. Why not?

Regards
DL

DUSTY

Established
If you think you are in contact with God or that he speaks to you, you need professional help. I suppose it’s better than being in a cult like Bible-Student though.
I never said that. I've had personal experiences that tell me there is a God. And no, I don't "hear voices". I'm not schizoid. My degree is in psychology and I'd head straight to a medical doctor if I ever did hear voices like that. (And yes, I agree, bible-student may need professional help)