Is God competent or incompetent?

The Bible doesn't say that God placed Satan in the garden to specifically set up Eve or tempt her as God never tempts anyone and has no need to do so.
First. You have no way of knowing god's ways. You forget that your own dogma says that god is unknowable and unfathomable. So stop saying you know what you cannot know. Doing so is a lie.

Second. Your bible does say that god cast Satan to earth, and the first we see of her in scriptures is in Eden.
Eother she got there on her own or god specifically put her there. Whichever case you prefer, your Omni-present god would was there watching what was going on and if he let Satan tempt Eve, he must have wanted her tempted.
You might wonder why your own church sings of Adam's sin as a happy fault and necessary to god's plan.

You do not seem to understand god's plan, the stupid Christian version that is, and do not understand why it was necessary for Adam to sin in your dogma and why it is named a happy fault. It is a stupid dogma because it reversed the moral of the story that the Jews has originally put on it of man's elevation, but even you stupid version is understandable even as you argue against your own dogma.

Regards
DL

but He did warn them that only one tree's fruit would kill them.
You seem to know a lot about a god that your dogma says is unknowable and unfathomable. I guess that you are smarter than the prophets. This aside.

What do you see as killing A & E.
The knowledge they gained or the fact that the prick you adore locked away what would have kept them alive. The tree of life.

I see that as god murdering A & E by not feeding them, so pleased tell us what really killed A & E. God murdering them or their gaining knowledge.

Regards
DL

God has no limitations.
This is a lie.

You are more powerful in some ways than god.

You can reproduce a full blooded offspring and have better morals than the immoral prick you idol worship. Yahweh cannot reproduce a full (blooded) offspring and has to settle for a half breed chimera and his satanic morals as compared to yours. Man's morals are better than gods.

Regards
DL

After everyone understands the deadly nature of sin
How can that come to pass while your own church sings of Adam's sin as being a happy fault and necessary to god's plan?

If you were in Eden just before the serpent started to tempt Eve, would you stop it and screw up what is necessary to god's plan?

God would sure be pissed at you for screwing up what is necessary for his plan.

It is no wonder that you have agonized over evil. You do not see it's necessity to god's plan and see sin and evil as evil when it is a necessary evil and thus good.

Your dogma does see it so why are you not following your dogma?

Regards
DL

When God Himself gave His only Son to die on the cross to bear my sins,
You have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil you make Jesus to keep your feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral. To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

You also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that you would teach your children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are doing just that.

Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fibre as Yahweh. Satan applauds you though as you are doing her work. Congratulations, Christian.

Regards
DL

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Man's morals are better than gods.

Regards
DL
I would be interested to understand if you have your equivalent of the Ten Commandments that you hold up as being superior?

To what degree do you regard your own conduct and morality compare to the ideal standard of human perfection?

Do you measure up to, or fall short of those standards?

What are you talking about?

"His plan" is reactionary to the fall of man.

You don't really know what "my dogma" is though, do you? You're just all too happy to tell people what it is they believe anyway. Have fun with that.
You are not only ill mannered, you do not even know of the Exsultet hymn you sing at Easter that call Adam's sin a happy fault and necessary to god's plan.

Stay ignorant of your own dogma and stupid. You are not worth me educating.

Regards
DL

I would be interested to understand if you have your equivalent of the Ten Commandments that you hold up as being superior?

To what degree do you regard your own conduct and morality compare to the ideal standard of human perfection?

Do you measure up to, or fall short of those standards?
I exceed the standards of the genocidal; prick you adore.

Nice deflection from your immoral god to me.

Let me know if you want to have an honest discussion about your god. Christians never tend to want to see the truth.

Regards
DL

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
His plan is reactionary? So the fall of man surprised God who put the tree there in Eden himself?
I think such logic rests on attributes be neither possess or comprehend - I.e. eternality and foreknowledge. There is nothing even remotely comparable in our experience with which we could use to explain these, yet discussing aspects of Gods plan from within a linear timeframe requires it to try.

Discussions like these end up with faulty conclusions because people treat God as though he only had our own capacities.

justjess

Superstar
God created Adam and Eve as well as their very nature. He allowed Satan to be in the forest. He placed the tree there and therefore planted the temptation himself. He specifically told what was basically two toddlers not to eat of it and if you know anything about toddlers you know the quickest way to get them to do something is to tell them NOT to.

Where is the free will in any of that?

If god didn’t want to have to reconcile man out of some sick twisted desire then man would never have HAD to reconcile themselves. It’s all some weird twisted logically inconsistant circle jerk. And saying “we as humans can never understand” is just a cop out. We can’t understand because it isn’t understandable.

Did you ever try to build something from blueprints that aren’t understandable? It’s impossible. And so is this particular conception of the world/god.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
God created Adam and Eve as well as their very nature. He allowed Satan to be in the forest. He placed the tree there and therefore planted the temptation himself. He specifically told what was basically two toddlers not to eat of it and if you know anything about toddlers you know the quickest way to get them to do something is to tell them NOT to.

Where is the free will in any of that?

If god didn’t want to have to reconcile man out of some sick twisted desire then man would never have HAD to reconcile themselves. It’s all some weird twisted logically inconsistant circle jerk. And saying “we as humans can never understand” is just a cop out. We can’t understand because it isn’t understandable.

Did you ever try to build something from blueprints that aren’t understandable? It’s impossible. And so is this particular conception of the world/god.
In a marriage, picture the idea that your partner having an affair would be a deal breaker. Imagine he is working at a modelling agency with some tempting women, yet he had promised to be faithful to you.

True love and loyalty is shown by his continued faithfulness to you. In a sense he knows good and evil by choosing good.

Imagine also how impressed you would be if he came home with lipstick on his collar, smelling of another girls perfume only to say “I couldn’t help myself” - “you have no right to judge me anyway!”.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
In a marriage, picture the idea that your partner having an affair would be a deal breaker. Imagine he is working at a modelling agency with some tempting women, yet he had promised to be faithful to you.

True love and loyalty is shown by his continued faithfulness to you. In a sense he knows good and evil by choosing good.

Imagine also how impressed you would be if he came home with lipstick on his collar, smelling of another girls perfume only to say “I couldn’t help myself” - “you have no right to judge me anyway!”.
And that made absolutely zero sense in the context of what I posted...