Is God competent or incompetent?

I guess I will have to give you the long form.

Eve was correct in eating of the tree of knowledge and rejecting God.
No she wasn't. It was just repeating the original sin, that got them sent to the earth in the first place, for the SECOND time.

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

This indicates that Jesus had no choice.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?
As was already explained to you, but you did not understand, all of this is happening for a reason. Adam and Eve had the situation they had because of what they had done before they were put on the earth and into human bodies called "Adam & Eve".
http://thewayhomeorfacethefire.net
God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.
No, He was giving them a SECOND chance, to be absolutely sure that they would not perhaps choose to do the right thing this time.
Making what has followed even more sure, that it has all been deserved. You are deserving of everything that is and has ever happened to you, including right now.
This then begs the question.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?
God did not create the need. WE did.
Only an insane and immoral God. That’s who.
Insane and immoral people see everything upside down and backwards, instead of seeing it like it really is.
The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

One of Christianity's highest form of immorality is what they have done to women. They have denied them equality and subjugated them to men.
Woman (Eve) chose this situation by her choice in the Garden. Free-will.
But that does not mean men have the right to treat women badly. It just means men have a higher rank than women and should be in charge.
Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.
It is all man's fault. You are responsible for all of your thoughts, words and actions. That is part of the lesson that we were sent here to learn and people need to acknowledge.
That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.
The nature you were given is what you have earned and deserved and it is also showing you what you need to learn to overcome.
That is why "you are your own worst enemy" (and always have been).
If all sin by nature, then the sin nature is dominant.
Which is why you have to learn to overcome your sinful human (animal) nature by being reborn from above as your spirit-being (the real you which is NOT human).
If not, we would have at least some who would not sin.
Luke 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the Commandments and Ordinances of the Lord blameless.
That being the case, for God to punish us for following the instincts and natures he put in us would be quite wrong.
No it is not, because you (your being) knows that you need to be better than just a smelly animal following it's natural selfish insticts.
You were put into that, because that is what you need to see and learn to overcome to be able to return to not having to bear that burden (your cross) anymore (by crucifying it - the "self" - your selfishness).
Psalm 51:5 "Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me."
------------
Yes, because this is not the first time that you have been sent here, and you already became sinful by transgressing even before you were born here for the first time.
Rev. 12:7-9
Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that evil is all human generated. Evil is our responsibility.

Much has been written to explain what I see as a natural part of evolution.

Consider.

First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created.

Evil then is only human to human.

As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.

Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil at all times.
Learning to cooperate would be a nice change, instead of just having all of this competition.
Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.
A healthy level of friendly competition without the pride could probably be ok, but only if that is held to be within an environment where there is unselfish Love and cooperation being dominant. To bring out the best of people, instead of bringing out the worst.
This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, we should all see that what Christians see as something to blame, evil, we should see that what we have, competition, deserves a huge thanks for being available to us.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue.
If we as people did not choose to think, speak or do evil to others, but instead all chose to be good to one another instead, then there would not be any need for natural disasters to occur.
This is how things are and should be.
Everything is planned down to the smallest detail, and nothing happens by chance. There is no such thing as coincidence. Only "sowing and reaping".

Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, THAT shall he also reap.

Last edited:
LOL.

I agree in a sense.
It's best to agree completely.
So why did Christianity adopt Yahweh as their god by tying him to Jesus inyour stupid Trinity concept?
The Catholic dogma of the trinity is not Biblical, but pagan. They did it to make it easier for pagans to adopt Catholicism.

1 Timothy 2:5 For [there is] ONE God, and One mediator between God and men, the Man Jesus Christ;

This should be good along with you defending genocide. I look forward to your replies.

Regards
DL
This is the place where evil is punished. God also allows people to keep punishing themselves if they want to do that, instead of wanting to be sane again, and stop with all this insanity.

So if something bad happens, then it is because something people have done is causing it to be deserved, or, it may also be a test.

DevaWolf

Veteran
Have you seen this quote. It is the bible telling it's readers that if they wish to perfect their wisdom, they have to get away from the Christian dogma.

Hebrews 6 King James Version; 1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Regards
DL

That is very interesting indeed, thank you for that !

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
That is very interesting indeed, thank you for that !
Of course, what that quote means is that the latter things should be so well established in their understanding that they are ready to “move on” in the same way a maths student might move on from Indices to Calculus. Not that the foundational ideas are incorrect but that they are something to be built upon.

No she wasn't. It was just repeating the original sin, that got them sent to the earth in the first place, for the SECOND time.
I glanced at some of your other replies but it seems that we are not even talking of the same ideology.
You did not quote any verses to show that we were so I don't know where, if anywhere you wish to go from here.

Logic and reason are my forte but that does not seem to be yours as you put the cart of Original Sin before man was even created to do it. You do not even care that your religion came from the Jews and that Christianity reversed it.

Thanks for your time.

If you ever want to follow the Christian story line, with quotes, I am here for you.

Regards
DL

Of course, what that quote means is that the latter things should be so well established in their understanding that they are ready to “move on” in the same way a maths student might move on from Indices to Calculus. Not that the foundational ideas are incorrect but that they are something to be built upon.
It still means that you will never perfect your wisdom through the Christian ideology.

Especially with the distortions and foolish thinking that can come out of the bible.

Just read bible student's idiocy above to see a really good example of this. Fundamentals have their second Adam, and I can see where the might hold that opinion, but he is up to 3 Adams.

Regards
DL

I glanced at some of your other replies but it seems that we are not even talking of the same ideology.
You did not quote any verses to show that we were so I don't know where, if anywhere you wish to go from here.

Logic and reason are my forte but that does not seem to be yours as you put the cart of Original Sin before man was even created to do it.
What I said is perfectly logical since we all did sin the "Original Sin" by joining Satan's army, before this world and men (humans) were created.

Revelation
12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon (Lucifer); and the dragon fought and his angels,
12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out to the earth, and his angels (you - Luke 9:55) were cast out with him (Matthew 25:41).

So it is not putting the cart before the horse, it is the truth, and logic does not seem to be your forte, after all.
You do not even care that your religion
My religion? I'm a bible student and am not a follower of any organized religion.
came from the Jews and that Christianity reversed it.
As above. You make far too many assumptions.
Thanks for your time.
You're welcome.
If you ever want to follow the Christian story line, with quotes, I am here for you.
No thank you, as I've already been there and done that, but thanks for the offer and your time.
Regards
DL
Best regards,
bible student.

It still means that you will never perfect your wisdom through the Christian ideology.

Especially with the distortions and foolish thinking that can come out of the bible.

Just read bible student's idiocy above to see a really good example of this. Fundamentals have their second Adam, and I can see where the might hold that opinion, but he is up to 3 Adams.

Regards
DL
So, it has to be repeated that logic is definitely not your forte, and neither does it appear to be comprehension.

Perhaps you should read my earlier responses to you once again, none of which mentioned 3 Adams.

The Bible =/= "Christianity"

The Scriptures =/= Organized religion (of whichever name)

In fact, the Scriptures are full of messages against organized religions and their false interpretations.

Christianity is an organized religion which claims to be based on the Bible, it is not the Bible itself.

Christianity is an organized religion which claims to be based on the Bible, it is not the Bible itself.
Whatever it is, it and Islam are homophobic and misogynous religions whose moral tenets are so vile that they cannot greow by showing good morals and must resort to inquisitions and jihads to grow.

Neither religion is worthy of being called moral ideologies.

Both are as incompetent on creating moral tenets as their god is in creating a moral ideology. That is why both run away from discussion on moral issues.

That is why they preach that seeking knowledge is sin.

Regards
DL

According to the Bible, sin is defined as the transgression of The Law -

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also The Law: for sin is the transgression of The Law.

Further, the Bible teaches that transgression of The Law of God leads to death, while obedience to The Law of God leads to Life -

Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, [that] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

I don't know where, if anywhere you wish to go from here.
Your posts are always deceptive and anti-God and so, it is clear who you are choosing to side with and work for. The only real reason I reply to them is to help point out the lies and fallacies in your posts as well as the faulty reasoning. Instead of trying to always blame God for everything, why not take up some personal responsibility for once. Because the truth is, you have no one but yourself to blame for whatever situation it is you are in. God helps all those who turn to Him for help and who also want to help themselves. And despite our track record and history, to this day God still offers us His help, but, the choice to turn back to Him to begin to receive it, is always up to us.

Ezekiel
18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall DIE. The son shall not bear the inequity of the father, neither shall the father bear the inequity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
18:21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all My Statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
18:22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.
18:23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord "I AM": [and] not that he should return from his ways, and live?
18:24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth inequity, [and] doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked [man] doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.
18:25 Yet ye say, The Way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O "House of Israel"; Is not My Way equal? are not your ways unequal?
18:26 When a righteous [man] turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth inequity, and dieth in them; for his inequity that he hath done shall he die.
18:27 Again, when the wicked [man] turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.
18:28 Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
18:29 Yet saith the "House of Israel", The Way of the Lord is not equal. O "House of Israel", are not My Ways equal? are not your ways unequal?
18:30 Therefore I will judge you, O "House of Israel", every one according to his ways, saith the Lord "I AM". Repent, and turn [yourselves] from all your transgressions; so inequity shall not be your ruin.

God Bless.

Last edited:
Further, the Bible teaches that transgression of The Law of God leads to death, while obedience to The Law of God leads to Life -
Jesus died. which law of God did he transgress?

Your posts are always deceptive and anti-God
Show anything you have on the first part of this as it is a lie.

I admit proudly to be anti-Yahweh and might I remind you that I am still waiting for your argument or apologetics to try to show how a genocidal god who kills when he can just as easily cure, which is what Jesus said he came to do, is somehow moral and good for a god to do.

Keep your lies about what I wrote to a minimum though, unless you can actually show something.

You don' t want to be seen as a liar, You cannot help your low I.Q. but you can try to stick to the truth instead of lying.

Regards
DL

The Garden of Eden was created as a testing and teaching environment.

Adam and Eve were NOT innocent. The Garden was a test to see if they would repeat the same transgression again that caused them to be kicked out of heaven in the first place.

You can NEVER beat God.

If you could beat Him, then He would have been here instead of you.

Jesus died. which law of God did he transgress?
None. He gave it up for others - His enemies.

Show anything you have on the first part of this as it is a lie.
This is not a coherent sentence.

I admit proudly to be anti-Yahweh and might I remind you that I am still waiting for your argument or apologetics to try to show how a genocidal god who kills when he can just as easily cure, which is what Jesus said he came to do, is somehow moral and good for a god to do.
Just Desserts.

Keep your lies about what I wrote to a minimum though, unless you can actually show something.
I and others have done this already, not just now but also in the past.

You don' t want to be seen as a liar, You cannot help your low I.Q. but you can try to stick to the truth instead of lying.

Regards
DL
You should look in the mirror and stop blaming everything that is wrong in your life on others and on God. Learn to face the truth and reality of your own responsibilities.

The Garden of Eden was created as a testing and teaching environment.
The rest of what you put is garbage but this is an interesting comment.

Try to recognize that the tree of knowledge is the tree of the knowledge of everything.

What is the first thing that a teaching environment gives if not knowledge?

Did god not try to deny A & E the knowledge of everything?

You do know that all knowledge is subject to being good or evil. Right?

Or do you think some knowledge is not subject to being good or evil?

Regards
DL

None. He gave it up for others - His enemies.

This is not a coherent sentence.

Just Desserts.

I and others have done this already, not just now but also in the past.

You should look in the mirror and stop blaming everything that is wrong in your life on others and on God. Learn to face the truth and reality of your own responsibilities.
Thanks for the completely useless and childish reply.

Lurkers will see that you are not a man of your word and cannot do decent apologetics to justify your idol worship of a genocidal son murdering prick of a god.

Regards
DL

The rest of what you put is garbage but this is an interesting comment.

Try to recognize that the tree of knowledge is the tree of the knowledge of everything.

What is the first thing that a teaching environment gives if not knowledge?

Did god not try to deny A & E the knowledge of everything?
God tested them for obedience (giving them their second chance and hoping they would get it right this time) but then sadly they failed the test.
You do know that all knowledge is subject to being good or evil. Right?

Or do you think some knowledge is not subject to being good or evil?
Yes, there is good knowledge and evil knowledge.
The Good Knowledge (Truth) comes from God.
The evil "knowledge" (lies - false knowledge) comes from Satan.

Thanks for the completely useless and childish reply.

Lurkers will see that you are not a man of your word and cannot do decent apologetics to justify your idol worship of a genocidal son murdering prick of a god.

Regards
DL
My reply offended and aroused you ego, and lurkers will be able to see this.
Your ego is controlled by Satan, which this reply of yours has just made abundantly clear and it is self-evident because of what it ("you" - Satan actually) said. Your ego (the evil voice inside of your head) is your worst enemy. If you do not learn to destroy (crucify) it, then it will end up destroying you, because it will drag you into "The Fire" along with Satan on the Last Day.

Time is running out.

Last edited:
So now you have Satan as co-creator equal to god. Ok.

Regards
DL
More lies.

No one has said that.

Satan still has his super human powers, so he is able to send people evil telepathic information (lies), but Satan is not equal to God.

God allows this and then "uses" Satan (who God is keeping imprisoned here, against his will) for these tests, to see which way you choose to voluntarily go.

So if you choose to follow after Satan, then you are voluntarily choosing of your own free-will to follow Satan into "The Fire".

Last edited: