Is God competent or incompetent?

Your conclusion is inaccurate. The bible says god is unknowable and unfathomable in that we won't know him intimately until we are dead. But that doesn't mean we don't have experiences with Him that show us that He is there and give us a glimpse of Who He Is. Also - You assume that, when it comes to belief, the bible is an 'all or nothing' ... and it's not. It's not 'my bible'. It's just THE bible with 46 different books in it.
So unknowable means knowing a bit.

Thanks for showing how you will posit stupidity instead of intelligence.

Typical Christian lies dressed up as truth.

Regards
DL

DUSTY

Established
Then why bring ridicule to your religion and god?
1 - You don't know what my 'religion' is.
2 - I haven't brought 'ridicule' to my belief in God. My behavior is just fine.

Also, if you believe or have faith in god/Jesus, why are you not doing the works and deeds that he said you could do in his name? Jesus says you can do all he did and more yet you do nothing. Why not?
You are rather presumptuous.
You know nothing about me or my situation, yet you tell me I 'do nothing'.
You might want to address your problem in that area.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
So now you define god as a miracle.

God I am happy to not think like a brain dead sheeple.

Regards
DL
You witness a 20 year old guy prayed for at the end of a meeting, while the chairs are being packed away. He doesn’t know what is being said by the speaker but the lady who brought him looks hopeful and prays along as well.

As people are grabbing their coats and heading off the young guys face registers alarm and amazement. The speaker for the evening stands behind him and says “say ‘Alleluyah”...

The young guy looks into the air as though trying to locate the source of the noise.

“Luya?” he responds, then reacts in surprise at his own voice, then burst into tears!

I was about 12 when I saw this. No fanfare, no collection, just a deaf lad who got healed and went away with is life changed by a God who IS there.

Please excuse my skepticism of unbelief.

DUSTY

Established
So unknowable means knowing a bit.

Thanks for showing how you will posit stupidity instead of intelligence.

Typical Christian lies dressed up as truth.

Regards
DL
That's not what I said at all. You are being disingenuous just to try to argue with someone.
Must be a miserable way to go through life.

I have no idea. And I struggle with that daily. God is what He is. I've seen the miracles. I know He exists.
WHY He does what He does??? No clue. You can ask Him when you die.
Your question is also on my list of questions to ask when I die.
What you say you know, you cannot know.

You are already mentally dead to the logos as you have chosen the mythos as real and do lying to people and bringing ridicule to your own religion.

Regards
DL

I never said that. I've had personal experiences that tell me there is a God. And no, I don't "hear voices". I'm not schizoid. My degree is in psychology and I'd head straight to a medical doctor if I ever did hear voices like that. (And yes, I agree, bible-student may need professional help)
That’s just faith then and not a personal experience with god. It’s simply brain chemistry reacting in such a way to make you feel something.

The miraculous healing you described is likely just the same thing. It triggers a response in the brain that may temporarily reduce pain, but it always comes back. Research faith healing sometime, it’s a psychological trick and a way to prey on the weak, desperate and sick.

You witness a 20 year old guy prayed for at the end of a meeting, while the chairs are being packed away. He doesn’t know what is being said by the speaker but the lady who brought him looks hopeful and prays along as well.

As people are grabbing their coats and heading off the young guys face registers alarm and amazement. The speaker for the evening stands behind him and says “say ‘Alleluyah”...

The young guy looks into the air as though trying to locate the source of the noise.

“Luya?” he responds, then reacts in surprise at his own voice, then burst into tears!

I was about 12 when I saw this. No fanfare, no collection, just a deaf lad who got healed and went away with is life changed by a God who IS there.

Please excuse my skepticism of unbelief.
While you have no skepticism and believe in the supernatural, which is stupid.

Regards
DL

I never said that. I've had personal experiences that tell me there is a God. And no, I don't "hear voices". I'm not schizoid. My degree is in psychology and I'd head straight to a medical doctor if I ever did hear voices like that. (And yes, I agree, bible-student may need professional help)
If in psychology, you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking further that the Father Complex.

Regards
DL

1 - You don't know what my 'religion' is.
2 - I haven't brought 'ridicule' to my belief in God. My behavior is just fine.

You are rather presumptuous.
You know nothing about me or my situation, yet you tell me I 'do nothing'.
You might want to address your problem in that area.
Lots of denials but nothing that refutes.

As a phycology student, you have a lot to learn of psychology.

Regards
DL

DUSTY

Established
That’s just faith then and not a personal experience with god. It’s simply brain chemistry reacting in such a way to make you feel something.
I've seen things happen that couldn't happen - defy the laws of nature kinds of things. And I've had 'coincidences' that are impossible to explain. FOR ME these things point to a God in charge. I'm not talking about in a church service where people are spun up in a thoughtless frenzy (never been to anything like that and have no intention of going to one either). I'm saying in the quiet normal running of my life, things have happened that make me believe someone/thing is running things. I can't say if its a GOOD something or a BAD something or a NEUTRAL something ... but it's something. The bible says it's God and He's good. I have a lot of issues with the suffering on this planet and how a 'good God' could let it go on. I'm struggling with that. We will find out when we are dead.

The miraculous healing you described is likely just the same thing. It triggers a response in the brain that may temporarily reduce pain, but it always comes back. Research faith healing sometime, it’s a psychological trick and a way to prey on the weak, desperate and sick.
I dunno .. the muscles that couldn't possibly hold her up did ... and for years and years later. But yes, I do know that there are fake 'faith healing' things that happen and it's mind over matter in many of them. I do understand that.

That's not what I said at all. You are being disingenuous just to try to argue with someone.
Must be a miserable way to go through life.
If I, like you, brought ridicule to my beliefs, I would be miserable but you do not have the couth for that.

I will give you that it is not pleasant when interlocutors are as inept as you are at it.

The intelligent and bright brings me joy. That is not you.

Regards
DL

DUSTY

Established
Lots of denials but nothing that refutes.
You falsely made this statement - "why are you not doing the works and deeds that he said you could do in his name?
Jesus says you can do all he did and more yet you do nothing. Why not?". You falsely said (LIED) that knowing nothing about me or my situation. I'm not going to sit here and list my personal information nor my 'good deeds' for you to go line by line and snark at. That would be ridiculous. And you aren't going to control the narrative with off topic nonsense. The topic of this thread is not my 'good deeds' but is 'Is God Competent or Incompetent'. I suggest you stay on topic.

Not even remotely ashamed. I'm open minded ... as Carl Jung would have liked. You should educate yourself and read up on him. Interesting fella. Educated and also not myopic or combative as you are.
He was, like me, a Gnostic Christian with no supernatural beliefs.

You are an idol worshiper of the god concept and are anything but open minded.

Regards
DL

You falsely made this statement - "why are you not doing the works and deeds that he said you could do in his name?
Jesus says you can do all he did and more yet you do nothing. Why not?". You falsely said (LIED) that knowing nothing about me or my situation. I'm not going to sit here and list my personal information nor my 'good deeds' for you to go line by line and snark at. That would be ridiculous. And you aren't going to control the narrative with off topic nonsense. The topic of this thread is not my 'good deeds' but is 'Is God Competent or Incompetent'. I suggest you stay on topic.
I suggest you get honest or get lost.

You said you believed but choose to ignore proving it the way Jesus said you could.

You are a liar or Jesus is.

Regards
DL

That is not stupid.
Thanks for the advice 'teacher'.
If it was not stupid, and did not break the law of the excluded middle, you would show it and take the win.

You and your statement are of a loser hand book and that is why you will not ague it.

Pathetic mental garbage is all you have.

Regards
DL