Is Feminism Going Too Far?

Kung Fu

Superstar
So the short answer is legally rights are all the same for men and women, in practice, not.
If they were, women wouldn't have to prove themselves all the time at their jobs, especially in power positions. Naturally related traits as feminine would not be seen as weaknesses, and men having some of those traits wouldn't been considered less of a man, and men wouldn't feel threatened by strong woman.
Both males and females have to prove themselves when it comes to jobs. That's what interviews are for. Please provide me with academic proof that rights are not being equally enforced in practice.

Unfortunately when a movement losses it's real roots, the ones that gave power to the movement, counter-movements appear, MGTOW is a sign of that. There is clearly an unbalance, and the more on side pushes towards it's own ideology, the harder the other does the same.
People are tired of feminism and other such things and this is why people like Trump have been elected. Feminism has gone too far and this is the reason groups like MGTOW have risen.

We are male and female for a very important reason.There are things that come more naturally to males and there are other things that come more naturally to females, but that doesn't mean that males are incapable of performing female things (with the obvious exception of pregnancy and delivery) or the other way around. Some woman are very good at men's traditional jobs and some men very good at women's traditional jobs, and that shouldn't take anything away from any them.
There are exceptions to everything and thus can't be used for academic purposes due to the number being so low but generally speaking there's a reason oil companies hire men to work in the oil fields but if women feel like they're up to the challenge they can apply but yet very few women do apply. Anything is possible but I deal in logic and probability.

I know a couple of very happy and well adjusted families were the father is a stay at home dad taking care of the kids and home, and the mom is a career person "bringing home the bacon", there is hope.
The stay at home dads are incredible rare and even then according to Jordan B. Peterson, a Psychologist at the University of Toronto, states that in the long run it's not sustainable due to the biological makeup of women.

rainerann

Star
I'm talking about the present day, all races of humans are supporting each other and working towards women's equality. Feminists today shouldn't disregard any women for their race... they're trying to help all women, not some.
Historically, rights for any group experiencing injustice hasn't been a concern for people not suffering from the source of discrimination. So there are denominations of different movements fighting for the same thing.

You can see this trend in the past 300 years of revolutions. I noticed this first in a history class where I learned about a woman in France who was inspired to pursue more freedoms for women during the French revolution. Apparently, this wasn't a concern for the men who were opposing a monarchy to improve their quality of life at the time. Eventually, she was killed, and I want to say it was because this was seen as rebellious. It was along the lines of rebellion, but it has been a while since I took this class.

So the trend continues. The men fighting in the american revolution didn't fight for the rights of women. The women in the women's movement didn't fight for the rights of black women. The men in the civil rights movement didn't fight for more rights for black women creating a second women's movement for black women by the ones who were experiencing the injustice.

I think this phenomenon occurs because people lack empathy and they are selfish most of the time. People like to give where they will either find praise or individual relief of something that affects them personally.

So the women's movement has not existed as one movement because of this and still remains separated at times. However, it was not created by the Rockefeller's at any point in time any more than unions were created by Rockefeller's. Sometimes, people are treated badly and they have to stand up for themselves and that is what the women's movement is about.

Fortunately, in the present day after so many of these individual movements have been collected to create a whole, it is more about supporting and working towards the cause of women's rights together rather than individually.

However, I think we also reach another extreme where our present generations haven't struggled in a way that truly allows them to understand the previous movements, and so their interpretations of these movements are sometimes superficial and unnecessary.

Venus

Rookie
@Lurker & @Kung Fu , machismo is still pretty alive in our culture, extreme machismo too.

We all have to prove ourselves that we are good worker to keep our jobs. But the pressure put on women especially on power positions (in any area) are much more strong. Women comments in important meetings are often disregarded and only taken into account when a man says the same thing, in these meetings it is very common to have men explain to women the woman's subject of expertise. Women has to suffer much more frequently harassment and abuse, specially sexual.

All that don't take away from the fact that men is also abused, and has to prove himself. Women has become angry and resentful and man has been left to deal with the mess without knowing how.

It's feminism going to far? real feminism, not even close. That other movement that took it's place and stole it's name, yes.

We are all one species, and we need each other to survive. Any intent to create disagreement and separation between the sexes should be looked up with suspicion.

Kung Fu

Superstar
@Lurker & @Kung Fu , machismo is still pretty alive in our culture, extreme machismo too.
There are more feminized men than there are macho men in the West especially here in Canada so I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

We all have to prove ourselves that we are good worker to keep our jobs. But the pressure put on women especially on power positions (in any area) are much more strong. Women comments in important meetings are often disregarded and only taken into account when a man says the same thing, in these meetings it is very common to have men explain to women the woman's subject of expertise. Women has to suffer much more frequently harassment and abuse, specially sexual.
If I was to receive a nickel each time a feminist said that women are "disregarded" in the workplace compared to men without ever providing one shred of evidence for that claim, I would be very rich right now.

Lurker

Star
Sorry, I did mean to reply sooner.
Women comments in important meetings are often disregarded
I don't see that in my area. I mean a woman wouldn't be in the meeting if her thoughts weren't valued.
Women has to suffer much more frequently harassment and abuse, specially sexual
While that is a real issue, I don't think it is as wide spread as many claim.
It's feminism going to far? real feminism, not even close. That other movement that took it's place and stole it's name, yes.
Agreed.
We are all one species, and we need each other to survive. Any intent to create disagreement and separation between the sexes should be looked up with suspicion.
Agreed.

Venus

Rookie
There are more feminized men than there are macho men in the West especially here in Canada so I don't understand what you're trying to say here.
Yes, and they most likely are younger than 40-45 y/o and that's a whole other problem.

If I was to receive a nickel each time a feminist said that women are "disregarded" in the workplace compared to men without ever providing one shred of evidence for that claim, I would be very rich right now.
If I was to received a penny every time it has happened...

This workplace exhibition of machismo doesn't happen everywhere, every time, but it does happens often enough to be discriminatory and problematic.

If you are not seeing it ever, you are not paying attention or you are ignoring it.

Kung Fu

Superstar
Yes, and they most likely are younger than 40-45 y/o and that's a whole other problem.
The biggest chunk of working people are younger than 40 so don't you think it would warrant priority attention over your minuscule one?

If I was to received a penny every time it has happened...
Your pennies don't mean anything if there's no data to back it up.

This workplace exhibition of femininity doesn't happen everywhere, every time, but it does happens often enough to be discriminatory and problematic.

If you are not seeing it ever, you are not paying attention or you are ignoring it.
Fixed it for you^.

Antipapirus

Established
So, I read VC's views of feminism on his thread:

This got me thinking... as a female, I see feminism as a good thing generally. The odds are still stacked against women in some ways: for instance, we can't really go out at night without worrying about the risk of getting sexually harassed on the street, or worst case scenario, raped. If we want children we have to take at least some time out of our careers, meaning that over the entire length of our working life, we end up earning less than men (and probably lose out on quite a few promotions). There are still tiny little everyday examples of sexism, like when a salesman asks if you've checked with your husband before you commit to buying that new car or double glazing (this one seems surprisingly common!)

When VC talks about feminism destroying lives, I am guessing perhaps he is referring to men who are falsely accused of r*pe, and possibly men who are cut out of their children's lives? Obviously these are horrible things to happen to any man, but I'm not sure if the total number of cases like this would actually add up to MORE than the discrimination women face...?

So I'm curious: in what ways do you think feminism has swung too far and started working to the detriment of men?

If something seems good with a little bit of bad in the right places just look at its creator
Who funded and created feminism?
Do they have an agenda?
Are they evil or good?
The content of the movement doesn't matter at all, its all darkness with a light shirt on to hide it ...
That's these guys secret weapon - create something positive and invert it to do harm.

Vixy

Star
Nah, feminists are the most sexiest women around, everyone loves them and wants one.
But the bible says man is the head over the woman and has the ultimate say of the family and over her and that the spirit of rebellion would come in the last days. Feminism is rebellion over man deciding over women, I'd say.

Maes17

Superstar
Depends on your definition of far and how extreme your views. If you’re an extremist where you vilify men. Then that’s going far.

Same goes for men who vilify women. There are extremist agendas that bring down the positive causes for feminism and masculinity

Maes17

Superstar
But the bible says man is the head over the woman and has the ultimate say of the family and over her and that the spirit of rebellion would come in the last days. Feminism is rebellion over man deciding over women, I'd say.
I don’t think having an ultimate say is the way to go. Marriage is/should be 50/50. We’re adults. We should be able to communicate. I saw in another thread that divorce rated are like 42%? If they are that high, I’d imagine a controlling, insecure spouse could be one part of the problem.

Vixy

Star
If something seems good with a little bit of bad in the right places just look at its creator
Who funded and created feminism?
Do they have an agenda?
Are they evil or good?

The content of the movement doesn't matter at all, its all darkness with a light shirt on to hide it ...
That's these guys secret weapon - create something positive and invert it to do harm.

irrationalNinja

Veteran
Perfect example of the absurdity of the feminist narrative of “Equal Pay!” viewed through the lens of the US Women’s Soccer Team trying to use “Oppression!” as a way to get paid.

Court documents show how in 2017 the Women’s National Team rejected the United States Soccer Federation’s “Pay-to-Play” model included in the CBA of the Men’s National Team, instead choosing to negotiate a different contract to get paid a lesser salary, however, to include guaranteed benefits tailored to their needs (men get paid zero benefits from the USSF, opting out of guaranteed money and paid cash only if they play).

Two years later, in a bid for more cash, the Women’s National Team sues the USSF for gender discrimination, appealing to the courts to get the men’s deal that they originally rejected.

However, in what appears to be a meltdown of intellectual reasoning, probably brought on by “The Patriarchy!” oppression narrative, or some misguided attempt to get what they think they are entitled to, these women sue to get both their deal AND the men’s deal.

The case was dismissed in short order, with the court stating (I paraphrase), “Equal pay? You must think we’re pretty f’n stupid. Thanks for wasting our time, and learn to read a contract, .”
D11A5244-44D4-49C3-9186-09A59C594F88.png
Nate The Lawyer breaks it down here:

Maes17

Superstar
@Cintra @Cardinal Copia
Get a motel room. They’re cheap, have sinks and you can have all the babies yinz want. The shower doesn’t have much water pressure at the moment, but hot water still runs for 5 minutes

Let’s give this thread a bit of privacy whilst these two youngsters bump the uglies.