Is FEMA technically in charge now?!

Lurker

Star
Many things that people talk about are puzzling and mysterious to me.
Ask any question you like.
The video was a good overview of the powers FEMA might exercise, but it didn't say that they were exercising them.
Yes, the EO's are in place for FEMA to have very broad powers,
I wondered if anyone had seen FEMA movements or actions in their area, or official announcements or anything like that.
No, I have not.

Cintra

Star
Ask any question you like.

Yes, the EO's are in place for FEMA to have very broad powers,

No, I have not.
Federal means the whole country, and state means each individual state?
And generally federal laws take precedence?

That's the rule of thumb I have been going with.

Lurker

Star
Federal means the whole country, and state means each individual state?
And generally federal laws take precedence?

That's the rule of thumb I have been going with.
Yeah, pretty much. When a state doesn't play along, the Fed has the power of the purse. The state almost always caves.

Cintra

Star
Yeah, pretty much. When a state doesn't play along, the Fed has the power of the purse. The state almost always caves.
Thank you.
I get almost all my knowledge of America from films and TV series...
Glad to find out some of it is reasonably true.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Stranger and stranger...

In the one hand, Trump sounding very much like he is throwing in the towel...

On the other, (reportedly) asserting he has total control.

PIERS MORGAN: America doesn't want a King Trump

https://mol.im/a/8217357

I suspect all is not as it seems.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Well interesting but I have seen no inclination these people are secret devil worshippers but genuine believers. Whether it’s The Family or Opus Dei or William Lind’s “Patriot Militias” the one thing they have in common is Christian dominance.
The question is, do you think Kingdom Now “Dominionism” in it’s various forms is a correct interpretation of the Bible?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
No. The “correct” interpretation would have all Christians be Quakers. It doesn’t matter though because there are enough dominionists and they are the ones with power.
Well, that raises more questions than it settles!!! First would be “Why Quakers?” and second, if something done in the name of a particular ideology or religion, does that truly define it?

If so, all Muslims are ISIS, all atheists are Stalinists and all Hindus are 60’s drop out druggies ;-)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Quakers are generally peaceful and friendly and IMO set good examples and try and lead honest and rational Christlike lives.

No it doesn’t define it but all the different interpretations of a religion should be an indication that said religion isnt the sole truth.

last part :

Quakers and pacifism - an interesting topic in itself...

And

Might make an interesting thread!

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Quakers were typically on the right side of history whether it was slavery or the Wars. Now I’m not a pacifist myself but I do think the “correct” interpretation would be pacifism. I think Tolstoy made that pretty clear with his writings.( he was influenced by the Quakers ).
Radical Catholics like Dorothy Day and Peter Maurin understood this as well and where good Christians.
One of my favourite quotes on the subject...