Is Eloping A Sin?

Aero

Superstar
I think we are all on the same page here. Like who hasn't been to a million traditional weddings already? It gets old I think. And I feel the same way about all the holidays now. People are just going through the motions, even with marriage. It's been corrupted by monotony, and routine.

So my new dream is to have a wedding like the world has never seen. I want people to be surprised, thrilled and I want them to cry real bad. I want there to be illusions that are symbolic of the monotony and routine. Because nobody should waste their life in a routine that doesn't make them happy.

rainerann

Star
I don't think eloping really existed before the modern age of freedom to choose who you marry at all. Many cultures lived thousands of years with arranged marriages. India still does and has a lower divorce rate. Many cultures still do, but I would consider India the most successful based on their overall culture.

In the modern world, most people consider premarital sex a sin, so eloping would not be a sin. Some people just think that if you elope, you aren't taking the seriousness of marriage serious enough, and basically think you will more than likely end up getting divorced because you didn't take marriage serious enough.

Personally, I don't think it matters either way. It even seems like eloping would be a lot easier and there are ways to do this so that you are not depending on Elvis to marry you.

That would be a downside of eloping for me because getting married by Elvis or in a courthouse is not very romantic, but there are people who can marry you besides these people even if you don't plan a big wedding. You just don't see them advertised as often. I don't know why. It would seem like there were enough people in the world who wanted to avoid big weddings to advertise something like this.