Is chivalry dead?

Whatever essays academic scholars send to each other are fairly self-contained and matter little. It's the massive propaganda, funding, policy, regulations, cultural wars that matter. And I think it's ignoble to hide behind the justifications and intentions that are presented.

Flaunting social constructions has repercussions and men don't always pick up the pieces. I'm saying, be aware.
You talk about a culture war but rather breaking down the walls and building bridges, you're talking about reinforcing the walls... But hey, at least you admit that you don't actually know what feminism really is. Kudos on that.

That's better than some people here and I'm not even being sarcastic there. I'm being 100% genuine. At least you'll admit where you stand.

Also, I'm a dude. I'm just not threatened by feminism since I'm not threatened by women that want to be my equal.

justjess

Superstar
Hmm you seem to think that I disagree with you. But hey I appreciate your opinion! I won't say much more, you are already pretty confused. I'll share my fake boogie man stories with people who appreciate them ;)
Chass? That’s a whole lot of venom for someone I’ve never even conversed with and certainly wasn’t rude too. You yourself said you’ve never seen or heard anyone do that personally.

justjess

Superstar
I just outlined some ways those assholes are forestalled in their development and social skill acquisition, with feminism having a guiding hand in that. Becoming confused, browbeaten, bitter, less accomplished and actually less worthy. Not by comparison to women because most no one cares about that except feminists, but just by themselves as human beings.

You implicate this capital/industrialist class but exculpate one of its major tools.
Maybe you bought that gun originally but your enemy is pointing it at you.
I’m clearly never going to get anywhere with this conversation but I will say this....

The severe lack of social skills we are seeing - not just in boys but across the board - is imo and the opinion of pretty much everyone I work with the result in the increase of technology and the younger generations extreme adaptation of it. When we were kids we played outside, we didn’t have computers and cell phones and the video games we did have were very basic and for rainy or cold days. That isn’t how it is these days. It’s creating a generation with no common sense. The change is clear even if you look at someone born five years after I was. This is a whole completely different topic that truly deserves its own thread. Feminists had nothing to do with this. This is being pushed by the same ruling class who pushed the Roman forums and gladiators. Bread and circuses.

The schools have most definately become more hostile towards boys and male traits I will not disagree with you. But again those changes are all relatively recent and if you look back (or if like me you lived through them) you would see they all started with columbine. Feminism had nothing to do with this. This was used as a catalyst to impose a police state on our children. That has nothing to do with feminism.

The lack of jobs to feel natuzeal self esteem over is an economic matter which again started relatively recently - post 911 and the crash of 07/08. What happened during that crash? Mostly typical male jobs went away. Men were hurt the worst there. No doubt about it but it wasn’t feminists fault. Feminism had existed for decades prior to that without displacing men.

The only issue that might have anything to do with feminists even remotely is the lack of father figures. But economic analysis in social services show that its our economic system itself that encourages poor people not to marry. It’s called the marriage penalty. Look it up.

There was nothing hostile about my “change in goalposts” - I am genuinely concerned that no one seems to be looking at the true causes of our situation and am trying (in vein apparantly) to point people to them. But it seems everyone would rather just scapegoat each other instead. Easier perhaps.. idk. I do know it won’t accomplish what anyone wants.

rex

Rookie
Readers of feminist literature are self-selected from pools able to tolerate endless convoluted quasi-philosophic brooding that is grounded on bad faith and which consistently fails to make light of things, achieve stated goals, or do anything productive, in spite of massive investments.

Moreaboutyou

Established
Chass? That’s a whole lot of venom for someone I’ve never even conversed with and certainly wasn’t rude too. You yourself said you’ve never seen or heard anyone do that personally.
You may be picking up on the energy that you are giving. But nonetheless I wish you the best!

No hard feelings over here! :))

mecca

Superstar
If a person is physically capable of opening a door or pulling out their own chair themselves, it's not necessary to go out of your way to do it for them. But at times it could be seen as a nice gesture.

And personally when I go through a door, I swing it open enough as I'm going through so that the person behind me doesn't have to fully open the door. I think that's the best way to do it.

I don't like when people stop to physically hold the door open because it feels like they're unexpectedly stopping right in front of me and disrupting the flow of traffic through the door.

Moreaboutyou

Established
If a person is physically capable of opening a door or pulling out their own chair themselves, it's not necessary to go out of your way to do it for them. But at times it could be seen as a nice gesture.

And personally when I go through a door, I swing it open enough as I'm going through so that the person behind me doesn't have to fully open the door. I think that's the best way to do it.

I don't like when people stop to physically hold the door open because it feels like they're unexpectedly stopping right in front of me and disrupting the flow of traffic through the door.
Yes I do the same thing.

A girl once told me that she opens the door for humans, no matter the sex. I think it is a nice gesture.

It can be awkward to hold the door open for someone who is far away though! So I def feel you on that point also.

rex

Rookie
I’m clearly never going to get anywhere with this conversation but I will say this....

The severe lack of social skills we are seeing - not just in boys but across the board - is imo and the opinion of pretty much everyone I work with the result in the increase of technology and the younger generations extreme adaptation of it. When we were kids we played outside, we didn’t have computers and cell phones and the video games we did have were very basic and for rainy or cold days. That isn’t how it is these days. It’s creating a generation with no common sense. The change is clear even if you look at someone born five years after I was. This is a whole completely different topic that truly deserves its own thread. Feminists had nothing to do with this. This is being pushed by the same ruling class who pushed the Roman forums and gladiators. Bread and circuses.

The schools have most definately become more hostile towards boys and male traits I will not disagree with you. But again those changes are all relatively recent and if you look back (or if like me you lived through them) you would see they all started with columbine. Feminism had nothing to do with this. This was used as a catalyst to impose a police state on our children. That has nothing to do with feminism.

The lack of jobs to feel natuzeal self esteem over is an economic matter which again started relatively recently - post 911 and the crash of 07/08. What happened during that crash? Mostly typical male jobs went away. Men were hurt the worst there. No doubt about it but it wasn’t feminists fault. Feminism had existed for decades prior to that without displacing men.

The only issue that might have anything to do with feminists even remotely is the lack of father figures. But economic analysis in social services show that its our economic system itself that encourages poor people not to marry. It’s called the marriage penalty. Look it up.

There was nothing hostile about my “change in goalposts” - I am genuinely concerned that no one seems to be looking at the true causes of our situation and am trying (in vein apparantly) to point people to them. But it seems everyone would rather just scapegoat each other instead. Easier perhaps.. idk. I do know it won’t accomplish what anyone wants.
I cannot possibly agree about these changes being relatively recent. Feminism is reaching new heights all the time. 1999 is arbitrary as a breakpoint. It's all a process. There have been no fundamental shifts in the last 20 years.

One exception, perhaps, is that the proliferation of the internet allowed dissenters to band together and disseminate anti-feminism to the point that it reaches wide exposure. So you see everything from extreme reactionaries, to extreme normalization like MGTOW, to people who keep dismantling the ideology, but it's immune to reason so it just keeps coming and growing and providing more falsehood to deconstruct. Lot of redirected energy going nowhere. More polarization that wasn't possible before.

It's not fair to blame/credit feminism for the financial crisis. Crashes can happen with and without it. Men can be hurt without feminism. That it shafts men isn't even a reason why it's bad, directly. It's a common misconception (exemplified by ishigo) that people resent feminism for disadvantaging men.

Marriage bonus/penalty can't be ignored but it's not even that big a factor, especially since a committed couple can decide not to sign off, though it's sad. Compare pre-nups getting thrown out of court and cohabitation treated almost like marriage by the state.