Is chivalry dead?

Chivilary never really exisedt. It was a system put in place by kings and priests to their underlings in line to prevent social unrest.

If you mean chivalry like holding doors and such... Yeah. It's a little silly though for the most part. I'll hold a door open for a woman... And a man. Since it's polite. I need to call politeness anything special to feel better about myself.

Etagloc

Superstar
Actually, chivalry is part of traditional society.

Chivalry can't be said to be dead or alive entirely.

In environments where people are more traditional, in more conservative environments, chivalry is alive and well. It will occur naturally.

In environments where the women have blue hair and the skin of their arm is covered in black ink- no.

Men will naturally have chivalrous instincts when it comes to ladies. I mean when it comes to a certain type of woman- men will naturally feel an instinct of chivalry. A woman who for example is sort of delicate and ladylike will naturally impel that sort of instinct.

Whereas a super butch lesbian is simply not going to inspire that side of men. Men are not going to treat a certain type of lady and a super butch lesbian the same.

The more successful the butch lesbian is in masculinizing herself, the more she'll be treated like one of the dudes- since that's what she wants, anyway. So that's genuinely what probably is most respectful anyways since it's what she's asking for- to be treated like a man.

Chivalry in some fashion involves a lady and a knight. I mean the guy in some archetypical way is a knight and she's some sort of lady. But a knight on a horse and a butch lesbian (or a woman who is basically indistinguishable from a butch lesbian)- that's not part of the archetype.

No knight on no horse is going to have any thoughts about defending the honor of a butch lesbian or any woman like that. Whereas a lady naturally impels that side of the male character.

Now, obviously, the super left will hate this post and hate the idea that there's a difference between a lady and a... hermaphroditic butch lesbian type covered in tattoos.....

but in this regard, we're playing two different games. Their game is to go against nature.

I mean like for example, I saw an article trying to shame men for liking younger girls. I mean obviously you shouldn't go to extremes but.... guys liking younger girls- it's part of man's nature and it's not going anywhere.

Now it's the same here- you see that woman who appears to be a tattoo-covered hermaphrodite..... guys naturally are not going to feel chivalrous instincts towards here. Whereas a woman who is a lady is treated completely differently.

All of this is completely independent of whether they've read VCF posts by myself and have been influenced. They don't even have to think about this consciously or have heard or read what I'm saying.

It will happen naturally on an unconscious level and all that is needed is for nature to take its course.

I'm on the side of nature and I don't have the leftist-controlled universities or media on my side but nature itself is on my side and the leftists will never manage to eliminate the phenomena I have described- at least for as long as humans are in line with nature. Progressivism hates God and nature so they have to try to make us further from nature. Hence, they love the blue hair types and other anti-natural behavior.

Etagloc

Superstar

Treating her without a drop of chivalry is what she's asking for

I chose this meme because it shows the hypocrisy of the feminist stance on the matter....

I searched I think chivalry meme

that was the first one and I think it's hilarious

I don't think it's really political, I just think it's hilarious

this is the second one that pops up....

notice the prominent usage of the term lady

knight on horse, lady, chivalry- they are all part of the equation

you can't remove the lady from the equation.... she is essential to the formula....

also, I notice that they appear to be Africans....

I looked at memes only after making the previous post.....

this illustrates what I was saying- these individuals I believe live in a more traditional society......

chivalry is alive and well in more traditional environments.... the couple could be in the Caribbean or some other place but for simplicity I assume it's in Africa.....

as Western influence becomes more entrenched, you'll have the breakdown of the family structure, the breakdown of the natural love displayed in that picture and the outcome will be profoundly anti-African

(it is thus a moral and strategic imperative to resist the Western influence)

manama

Star
Chivalry has nothing to do with the concept of feminism or women at all. Infact, if you actually look at history, the whole system was pretty brutal.
What is now called being a "gentleman" is hardly chivalry. Its being a decent and polite person and applies to every gender.

Etagloc

Superstar
Chivalry has nothing to do with the concept of feminism or women at all. Infact, if you actually look at history, the whole system was pretty brutal.
What is now called being a "gentleman" is hardly chivalry. Its being a decent and polite person and applies to every gender.
Are you saying women can be knights?

If so, I agree with you. Of course, women can be knights. Look at Joan of Arc, for example. There have been cases where women did fight as knights.

I think in some cases the women pretended be men. I think there have been multiple famous cases where women pretended to be men in order to fight as knights- maybe for some patriotic sense of duty. I mean there's the movie Mulan that I'm sure is familiar to people.

Chivalry is a code of conduct for knights.

"Chivalry, or the chivalric code, is an informal, varying code of conduct developed between 1170 and 1220, but never decided on or summarized in a single document. It was associated with the medieval Christian institution of knighthood;[1] knights' and gentlewomen's behaviours were governed[when?] by chivalrous social codes.[2] The ideals of chivalry were popularized in medieval literature, especially the Matter of Britain and Matter of France, the former based on Geoffrey of Monmouth's Historia Regum Britanniae, written in the 1130s, which introduced the legend of King Arthur.[3] All of these were taken as historically accurate until the beginnings of modern scholarship in the 19th century."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chivalry

apparently, it also regulates the behavior of gentlewomen.... I mean I think obviously knights were mostly men but there's been cases where women served as knights....

so I think it applies to knights mostly..... if we are looking at it historically as you suggest...... and you're right that it's not necessarily specific to men.... but I think the only women it would apply to would be gentlewomen (which is a term I'm not familiar with, so I don't know who fits in that group) and women who are serving as knights.... but women who served as knights.... while they did exist..... would have been the exception rather than the norm (even today, the most feminist of women aren't calling for drafting women in armed forces).... it mostly applies to men.... but also to women in some cases... however, I doubt it would apply in the same exact way... I'm sure the codes of chivalry would have had somewhat different rules for a (almost always male) knight and for a gentlewoman

Moreaboutyou

Established
Chivilary never really exisedt. It was a system put in place by kings and priests to their underlings in line to prevent social unrest.

If you mean chivalry like holding doors and such... Yeah. It's a little silly though for the most part. I'll hold a door open for a woman... And a man. Since it's polite. I need to call politeness anything special to feel better about myself.
That is an interesting opinion. I have never thought about it like that really. yes I hold doors open for men and women. men usually don't like it though!

Moreaboutyou

Established
Actually, chivalry is part of traditional society.

Chivalry can't be said to be dead or alive entirely.

In environments where people are more traditional, in more conservative environments, chivalry is alive and well. It will occur naturally.

In environments where the women have blue hair and the skin of their arm is covered in black ink- no.

Men will naturally have chivalrous instincts when it comes to ladies. I mean when it comes to a certain type of woman- men will naturally feel an instinct of chivalry. A woman who for example is sort of delicate and ladylike will naturally impel that sort of instinct.

Whereas a super butch lesbian is simply not going to inspire that side of men. Men are not going to treat a certain type of lady and a super butch lesbian the same.

The more successful the butch lesbian is in masculinizing herself, the more she'll be treated like one of the dudes- since that's what she wants, anyway. So that's genuinely what probably is most respectful anyways since it's what she's asking for- to be treated like a man.

Chivalry in some fashion involves a lady and a knight. I mean the guy in some archetypical way is a knight and she's some sort of lady. But a knight on a horse and a butch lesbian (or a woman who is basically indistinguishable from a butch lesbian)- that's not part of the archetype.

No knight on no horse is going to have any thoughts about defending the honor of a butch lesbian or any woman like that. Whereas a lady naturally impels that side of the male character.

Now, obviously, the super left will hate this post and hate the idea that there's a difference between a lady and a... hermaphroditic butch lesbian type covered in tattoos.....

but in this regard, we're playing two different games. Their game is to go against nature.

I mean like for example, I saw an article trying to shame men for liking younger girls. I mean obviously you shouldn't go to extremes but.... guys liking younger girls- it's part of man's nature and it's not going anywhere.

Now it's the same here- you see that woman who appears to be a tattoo-covered hermaphrodite..... guys naturally are not going to feel chivalrous instincts towards here. Whereas a woman who is a lady is treated completely differently.

All of this is completely independent of whether they've read VCF posts by myself and have been influenced. They don't even have to think about this consciously or have heard or read what I'm saying.

It will happen naturally on an unconscious level and all that is needed is for nature to take its course.

I'm on the side of nature and I don't have the leftist-controlled universities or media on my side but nature itself is on my side and the leftists will never manage to eliminate the phenomena I have described- at least for as long as humans are in line with nature. Progressivism hates God and nature so they have to try to make us further from nature. Hence, they love the blue hair types and other anti-natural behavior.
Thank you for the response!
I think that you mentioned some really interesting points. I live in what people would consider a traditional Texas town. But the people here do not follow traditions. I am a woman (cis if you will) and I have come across a large group of men who act as if I am not existent. Even some pushing me out of the way.

It seems to me that many of the ways of the past have gone away (in regard to chivalry.) I am not saying that is bad or good, but it is the observation I have made. It really interests me

Moreaboutyou

Established
That is a good point!

Do you think that women should be treated differently ("as a lady?")

Moreaboutyou

Established
Are you saying women can be knights?

If so, I agree with you. Of course, women can be knights. Look at Joan of Arc, for example. There have been cases where women did fight as knights.

I think in some cases the women pretended be men. I think there have been multiple famous cases where women pretended to be men in order to fight as knights- maybe for some patriotic sense of duty. I mean there's the movie Mulan that I'm sure is familiar to people.

Chivalry is a code of conduct for knights.

"Chivalry, or the chivalric code, is an informal, varying code of conduct developed between 1170 and 1220, but never decided on or summarized in a single document. It was associated with the medieval Christian institution of knighthood;[1] knights' and gentlewomen's behaviours were governed[when?] by chivalrous social codes.[2] The ideals of chivalry were popularized in medieval literature, especially the Matter of Britain and Matter of France, the former based on Geoffrey of Monmouth's Historia Regum Britanniae, written in the 1130s, which introduced the legend of King Arthur.[3] All of these were taken as historically accurate until the beginnings of modern scholarship in the 19th century."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chivalry

apparently, it also regulates the behavior of gentlewomen.... I mean I think obviously knights were mostly men but there's been cases where women served as knights....

so I think it applies to knights mostly..... if we are looking at it historically as you suggest...... and you're right that it's not necessarily specific to men.... but I think the only women it would apply to would be gentlewomen (which is a term I'm not familiar with, so I don't know who fits in that group) and women who are serving as knights.... but women who served as knights.... while they did exist..... would have been the exception rather than the norm (even today, the most feminist of women aren't calling for drafting women in armed forces).... it mostly applies to men.... but also to women in some cases... however, I doubt it would apply in the same exact way... I'm sure the codes of chivalry would have had somewhat different rules for a (almost always male) knight and for a gentlewoman
Would you feel okay with a woman opening the door/car door for you?

Etagloc

Superstar
View attachment 22962
But why didn’t he carry all the bags? She’s carrying all the stuff and he is just holding her hand? :rolleyes:
wow I did not even notice that..... look how she's carrying the thing on her head.... I didn't see that.... I just sort of ignored it and didn't think about it..... I looked at it very quickly and I think I saw the smaller image in the google image thing

I think he should carry the heavier stuff and maybe she could carry a lighter thing... but I do think he should carry whatever is heaviest..... I don't agree with what is going on now that I see the more details

Moreaboutyou

Established
I think I'd give her a super brief glare..... I don't mean a menacing glare but I mean a brief look of annoyance
Why do you think it would annoy you.

I did this to one of my guy friends (the first time we met) We are good friends now, but he told me that at the time he thought I was strange.

He was correct and that is why he loves me HAHAH. I love testing social norms.

Etagloc

Superstar
Why do you think it would annoy you.

I did this to one of my guy friends (the first time we met) We are good friends now, but he told me that at the time he thought I was strange.

He was correct and that is why he loves me HAHAH. I love testing social norms.
Yes, I believe you that you love to test social norms.

I mean... like I said.... I think I would give a brief look of annoyance.

I think I'd dislike it but I don't think I'd actually say anything. I don't think it's serious enough to really say anything (unless it's repeated).

I'm not in favor of the elimination of gender boundaries and I assume he's not either. I view it as cultural Marxism.

rex

Rookie
I'm curious how you think feminism tries to control you.
saps our moral energy, distracts from more important issues
makes men and women neurotically monitor gendered behavior
promotes distrust and tit for tat in relationships
promotes redistribution over creation
turns altruism into something evil
unnecessarily makes each gender unfairly compete with the other
doubles work output per household
gives parents less time to spend with kids
encourages a taking advantage of each gender's proclivities (e.g. horny men, pliant women)
just to get you started