Is Censorship Ever Permissible?

Leviathan

Established
Now how exactly do we eliminate, for example, movies which are not explicit but promote immorality? I am not sure of the means but I think such movies should be eliminated. I want a society which promotes morality and I don't care about the so-called right of the elites to mass-produce garbage, force their filth on the public and brainwash the masses who are sheep who don't know better. The media should be making us smarter and more moral rather than dumber and immoral. We have the means to use the media machine for good but instead it's used to pump filth into the peoples' minds. I don't care about their so-called right to do so. What about my right not to live in Sodom and Gomorrah? A right is a man-made abstraction. The state of society is a concrete reality. Society and the actual well-being of actual human beings- and their children- should not be sacrificed for an abstraction in the service of satanic elites.
That seems like it would be very difficult to do. For me, I'd say it's not that the movie or show features immoral things but rather HOW they feature it. For example, witchcraft in some horror movies is shown to be scary, dark, and evil, but in others movies it's shown as silly, playful, fun, and humorous. Just as in some movies adultery is shown as deceptive and in others it's shown as sexy. Also, in some movies violence is shown in slow motion to make it seem more glamorous and empowering, whereas in others it's shown as brutal and grotesque.

If we were to censor, would we censor anything that showed sin at all so we don't even acknowledge its existence or think about it, or would we base it on how the sin is portrayed and what the piece of art attempts to say about the sin?

Etagloc

Superstar
Ahhh!

You bring up an important issue, Leviathan!

And this is the flaw in how movie ratings are done today- there is no regard for how a given subject is portrayed.

For example, I love Requeim for a Dream. Some of the explicit sex stuff could be cut out but the movie shows people doing drugs and shows how drugs destroy their lives. It will scare the hell out of a person who wants to do drugs.

I think stuff like that is wonderful. And the thing is... an R Rated movie might have better values than a PG movie. That actually makes the PG movie dangerous because it's poison in disguise.

The underlying problem is a preconceived, colonialist, materialist epistemology. I call it colonialist because it insists on forcing jtself on every aspect of life regardless of whether it's wanted or beneficial. This epistemology has to be destroyed and its application along with it.

It's funny because this leads directly to Harry Potter. Harry Potter is possibly much worse and more satanic than an R-rated movie that makes you not want to do witchcraft. Harry Potter targets KIDS and promotes occultism. It doesn't matter if it has a PG rating. Harry Potter is disgusting and should be banned.

So yes, the current approach to censorship has to be totally rehauled and the smug, preconceived, materialist epistemology behind it has to go too.

Last edited:

TMT

Star
No, and once again your vile authoritarianism is showing again Gloc. So what you want is a wise council of Christians to run everything? How is that any different than rule by a few "enlightened occult elite" that you are all so afraid of?

I would also like to add that mass surveillance programs are a form a censorship when people know they are being watched they are less likely to air their true views.

Last edited:

Etagloc

Superstar
So what you want is a wise council of Christians to run everything?
Pretty much lol. That ol' time religion. I really like the Old Testament.

Serious question here, folks- if you could vote for Trump, Hillary or Moses, who would you vote for? Come on, y'all, I'm voting for Moses. Just imagine if Moses was our president!

as far as the difference between our proposed systems, I think we're gonna see them in action. Pretty soon, the Antichrist is gonna come and set up his system. So we'll see how that works. Then Jesus is gonna come, overthrow the Antichrist and then establish His kingdom.

Personally, I'd rather try out Jesus' Kingdom than try living under the Antichrist system. The Antichrist system doesn't sound so great. And we're already being ruled over by occult elites and it's not working out so great. Yeah, I'm kinda tired of the world being run by the devil- the devil being the prince of the world and all that. I'll be more than happy to see the devil get tossed into hell and you'd be crazy to want to go along with him.

TMT

Star
Pretty much lol. That ol' time religion. I really like the Old Testament.

Serious question here, folks- if you could vote for Trump, Hillary or Moses, who would you vote for? Come on, y'all, I'm voting for Moses. Just imagine if Moses was our president!

as far as the difference between our proposed systems, I think we're gonna see them in action. Pretty soon, the Antichrist is gonna come and set up his system. So we'll see how that works. Then Jesus is gonna come, overthrow the Antichrist and then establish His kingdom.

Personally, I'd rather try out Jesus' Kingdom than try living under the Antichrist system. The Antichrist system doesn't sound so great. And we're already being ruled over by occult elites and it's not working out so great. Yeah, I'm kinda tired of the world being run by the devil- the devil being the prince of the world and all that. I'll be more than happy to see the devil get tossed into hell and you'd be crazy to want to go along with him.
I'd vote NOTA.

Well with Mike Pence and his backers in The Family just a heartbeat away from the Presidency, you may yet get your desired return to the Dark Ages.

Etagloc

Superstar
I'd vote NOTA.

Well with Mike Pence and his backers in The Family just a heartbeat away from the Presidency, you may yet get your desired return to the Dark Ages.
I'm not talking about Trump. Why you gotta change the topic? You really think Trump and Moses or Jesus would have got along? They were from the Middle East. I'm as against Trump as I assume you probably are. I'm for Jesus and Moses, I'm against Trump just like you are.

I would want Moses to be president (or Jesus of course).

TMT

Star
I'm not talking about Trump. Why you gotta change the topic? You really think Trump and Moses or Jesus would have got along? They were from the Middle East. I'm as against Trump as I assume you probably are. I'm for Jesus and Moses, I'm against Trump just like you are.

I would want Moses to be president (or Jesus of course).
I didn't bring up Trump, I brought up Pence. Read his platform for governor of Indiana, I guarantee you would have voted for him.
I also don't want Moses to be president because he lived so long ago in a brutal time that we should hope never to go back to.

And back to Pence and the REAL NWO
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family:_The_Secret_Fundamentalism_at_the_Heart_of_American_Power

Etagloc

Superstar
I didn't bring up Trump, I brought up Pence. Read his platform for governor of Indiana, I guarantee you would have voted for him.
I also don't want Moses to be president because he lived so long ago in a brutal time that we should hope never to go back to.
Pence is Trump's vice president. I'm against Trump and his buddies just like you are. I don't care about his platform as governor. I am against Trump and his buddies just like you are.

Etagloc

Superstar

And back to Pence and the REAL NWO
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family:_The_Secret_Fundamentalism_at_the_Heart_of_American_Power
Come on, man. The occult elite that runs things is super-common knowledge. What's that symbol on the dollar bill? Ah yes- an All-Seeing Eye. If you really think Christians are running the world, I've got a cheap deal on some ocean-property in Arizona you might be interested in.

TMT

Star
Come on, man. The occult elite that runs things is super-common knowledge. What's that symbol on the dollar bill? Ah yes- an All-Seeing Eye. If you really think Christians are running the world, I've got a cheap deal on some ocean-property in Arizona you might be interested in.
The founders of this country were enlightened Masons, the people who run the show now are Christians who fetishize power and have you chasing your tail with fears of occultism.

But we will never see eye-to-eye but I am glad we can talk with civility now :).

Etagloc

Superstar
The founders of this country were enlightened Masons, the people who run the show now are Christians who fetishize power and have you chasing your tail with fears of occultism.

But we will never see eye-to-eye but I am glad we can talk with civility now :).
We can be civil sure but I still think you're crazy if you really think Trump and them are actually Christians. You say "how convenient" when Mecca suggests they worship the devil behind closed doors... as though politicians have never lied before. Of course they're not gonna come right out and tell you they're occultists or satanists.... who would vote for them if they did that? It's just business as usual.