Is America against Jesus?

Helioform

Star
I don't know about America, but if you say North America then I would tend to say yes.
Here in Quebec hundreds of Churches have been closed in the last few years because nobody goes to church anymore. There is a definite letting go of Christian beliefs and Christian communities are getting smaller and smaller. Technology is certain to have had a major impact on people's view of the world and religion is being slowly forgotten.

TokiEl

Superstar
I don't know about America, but if you say North America then I would tend to say yes.
Here in Quebec hundreds of Churches have been closed in the last few years because nobody goes to church anymore. There is a definite letting go of Christian beliefs and Christian communities are getting smaller and smaller. Technology is certain to have had a major impact on people's view of the world and religion is being slowly forgotten.

2 Thessalonians 2 "Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,"

Source?
Even if you're not a christian, that doesn't mean you're against Jesus.
Also when people criticize organized religion, that doesn't mean they're against Jesus.
Most millennials tend to not have a religion or are atheist.

TokiEl

Superstar
You may see it now but Washington DC was never Christian.

"Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen (Muslims); and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan (Mohammedan) nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries." - Treaty of Tripoli ratified by the United States Senate unanimously without debate on June 7, 1797.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Tripoli

Etagloc

Superstar
People can pretend all they want. Is the US against Jesus (may peace be upon him)?

All you have to do is walk around and mention Jesus (may peace be upon him) and you can see for yourself.

Try mentioning Jesus (may peace be upon him) in school or at work. In school you'll get laughed at and at work you'll get fired.

Etagloc

Superstar
Just mention him and you'll see how hostile people get. You can't even say the word "God" in public in the US. But we're the "home of the free" and "free speech".

Etagloc

Superstar
I get people freaking out and turning belligerant against me if I even just use the word "sin". I can't even say the word "sin" without people freaking out and getting aggressive towards me.

Aero

Superstar
There are definitely some people who seem to be against Jesus. Because Colgate is right. People get really weird about Jesus, and it's actually really tough to understand why. But guess what? I think I know the exact answer. You all want easy mode, well it's about to be brought.

It actually has nothing to do with Jesus, or any religion really. Many people in America have a serious lack of respect for themselves. That's what I think *most* of the Jesus hate is. Like it's probably not just Jesus that upsets those types. They are looking for something to get upset over. And it's probably something as equally stupid 9 times out of 10.

UnspokenSoliloquy

Established
Yes, I think America is against Jesus. I know that if you are talking about about God on broadcast television, you have to keep it neutral, by just saying God, you can't say Jesus. Everything that has to do with Christianity is always promoted through Catholicism and the Virgin Mary the "saints" get acknowledged more than Jesus.

Christmas ,is a pagan holiday masked as a Christian one, but they make it about Satan, I mean Santa Claus they only reference baby Jesus. Nothing about that baby growing up to be the Savior of Humanity, just a baby.
Easter,is a pagan holiday masked as a Christian one, but they make it about the bunny. Passover is always close by which is suppose to celebrate when God allowed the plagues to take over Egypt, those with the blood (also to represent the blood of Jesus) over their doors would be passed over by death. Passover is never acknowledged on a mainstream platform.

On any platform, Jesus is never discussed unless it's to criticize or speculate about his humanity and not comment on his divinity.

The whole point of Christianity is Jesus, he's the key factor, otherwise it would still be Judaism. You can't talk about Christianity and God and completely bypass Jesus.

Jesus is the Sacrifice. The same way in the old testament with the children of Israel, the priest would slaughter an animal and burn it on the alter as an atonement for the sin of the people. The purpose of Jesus was to be that Sacrifice once and for all. So it's no longer required for the priests to do that any more, that's why Jesus it the door, that's why Jesus is the way, that's why you have to believe in Jesus to get to Salvation. You have to believe that he is the Son of God, the Sacrificial lamb, the one that was sent to be the atonement of our sins. If you dont believe that Jesus died for you sins, that his death was for your redemption, then there is no foundation of your faith.
Might as well you go back to the old traditions of Judaism. You can believe in God, but you also have to realize that God sent Jesus and that's the key factor that's always missing.

I hear people all the time on TV talking about God, but I listen closely, because often times, they through in "the universe" into it, never mentioning Jesus.

Karlysymon

Superstar
For a country that has spent trillions over the decades 'blessing', Israel, surely she can't be against Jesus, right?

UnspokenSoliloquy

Established
For a country that has spent trillions over the decades 'blessing', Israel, surely she can't be against Jesus, right?
Honestly I think the country of Israel is a ruse. I consider Israel the Hebrews, the 12 Tribes, the people in the Torah/ Old Testament.