Iraqi refugee speaks out

do you ever stop posting such utter shit?
seriously you're literally taking the piss out of your own religion posting fake manufactured bs like this, but then again i do call you a faux christian so i guess it's expected.

"In 1982, during the brutal and bloody Iran-Iraq war, Jalil Dawood managed to slip out of Iraq, where he had been persecuted as an infidel under Saddam Hussein’s reign of terror. Although his family were Christians, Jalil never really felt connected to God until he heard a clear declaration of the gospel message in Rome. From Rome, he made his way to the United States, where he had no home, no transportation, no friends, and no help. Jalil found himself in the suburbs of northern Dallas because of the large population of Iraqi refugees.
After earning his Master of Theology degree from DTS, Jalil has made it his life’s mission to assist refugees who are without help and hope, just like he was. He is now Senior Pastor of Arabic Church of Dallas and Executive Director of World Refugee Care."

lololol
i can hear the violins.

from another source

Jalil Ibrahim Dawood, whose name means Galilee Abraham David, was born in Baghdad, Iraq, into a traditional Chaldean Christian family. Jalil grew up experiencing the tyranny of Saddam Hussein…and the persecution of Muslims who viewed Christians as infidels. Jalil’s journey since then involved a miraculous escape from Iraq, a life-changing decision to follow Jesus, and a life of both hardship and blessing that eventually led him to seminary and into the leadership of the Arabic Church of Dallas.

here's something from 2013, a website that is no longer functioning

9 Oct 2013 - Jalil Dawood is a refugee from Iraq who first went to Rome. There, a street preacher introduced him to the gospel. He would later come to the United States, complete seminary and now pastors Arabic Bible Church of Dallas.

later this story changes to
Jalil never really felt connected to God until he heard a clear declaration of the gospel message in Rome.

and

into a traditional Chaldean Christian family.

and here's the fucking best one of all

Jalil Ibrahim Dawood, whose name means Galilee Abraham David,

wow
using biblical words to play with stupid americans.
Galilee is a region. Jalil is a name...

Also

christianity has existed in the muslim world far longer than islam. The founder of the baathist party was christian.
Muslims don't generally view christians as 'infidels'.

(9) Lo! those who believe, and those who are Jews, and Sabaeans, and christians - Whosoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right - there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.
(سورة المائدة, Al-Maaida, Chapter #5, Verse #69)

So basically this guy is running a 'charity', using these soppy stories to get donations from which he takes a nice cut to live a nice lifestyle without any real effort of his own.

Seriously mate, you deserve a backhand to the face for posting such shit time and time again.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
do you ever stop posting such utter shit?
seriously you're literally taking the piss out of your own religion posting fake manufactured bs like this, but then again i do call you a faux christian so i guess it's expected.

"In 1982, during the brutal and bloody Iran-Iraq war, Jalil Dawood managed to slip out of Iraq, where he had been persecuted as an infidel under Saddam Hussein’s reign of terror. Although his family were Christians, Jalil never really felt connected to God until he heard a clear declaration of the gospel message in Rome. From Rome, he made his way to the United States, where he had no home, no transportation, no friends, and no help. Jalil found himself in the suburbs of northern Dallas because of the large population of Iraqi refugees.
After earning his Master of Theology degree from DTS, Jalil has made it his life’s mission to assist refugees who are without help and hope, just like he was. He is now Senior Pastor of Arabic Church of Dallas and Executive Director of World Refugee Care."

lololol
i can hear the violins.

from another source

Jalil Ibrahim Dawood, whose name means Galilee Abraham David, was born in Baghdad, Iraq, into a traditional Chaldean Christian family. Jalil grew up experiencing the tyranny of Saddam Hussein…and the persecution of Muslims who viewed Christians as infidels. Jalil’s journey since then involved a miraculous escape from Iraq, a life-changing decision to follow Jesus, and a life of both hardship and blessing that eventually led him to seminary and into the leadership of the Arabic Church of Dallas.

here's something from 2013, a website that is no longer functioning

9 Oct 2013 - Jalil Dawood is a refugee from Iraq who first went to Rome. There, a street preacher introduced him to the gospel. He would later come to the United States, complete seminary and now pastors Arabic Bible Church of Dallas.

later this story changes to
Jalil never really felt connected to God until he heard a clear declaration of the gospel message in Rome.

and

into a traditional Chaldean Christian family.

and here's the fucking best one of all

Jalil Ibrahim Dawood, whose name means Galilee Abraham David,

wow
using biblical words to play with stupid americans.
Galilee is a region. Jalil is a name...

Also

christianity has existed in the muslim world far longer than islam. The founder of the baathist party was christian.
Muslims don't generally view christians as 'infidels'.

(9) Lo! those who believe, and those who are Jews, and Sabaeans, and christians - Whosoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right - there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.
(سورة المائدة, Al-Maaida, Chapter #5, Verse #69)

So basically this guy is running a 'charity', using these soppy stories to get donations from which he takes a nice cut to live a nice lifestyle without any real effort of his own.

Seriously mate, you deserve a backhand to the face for posting such shit time and time again.
I think it would be interesting for anyone contemplating a "backhand" to listen to the spirit of the guy in the video and ask why such a persons story deserves such a response.

"Methinks the offended gentleman doth protest too much..."

O, @AspiringSoul ...

Galilee (Hebrew: הגליל‎, transliteration HaGalil);

(Arabic: الجليل‎, translit. al-Jalīl) is a region in northern Israel.

On the contrary, it seems.
The region is called Al-Jalil ie The Galil, otherwise the correct name in arabic is Jalili. Hence you get people with the name Jalili, Dhalili.
Jalil is otherwise a muslim name with it's own meaning seperate from the Galilee region.
Now for example you have the name, Galileo Galilei. I was curious about that name so looked up the story behind the name. It says it was tradition at that time for italian families to name their first born son after the surnameof the father. So the surname was Galilei and he was called Galileo Galilei. Still the most important point hehe is 'Galilei' and not just Galil/Jalil.

I have reaction appropriately due to other reasons. The name issue only came up once I looked up some backstory to the person. For me, whenever there's a potential commercial opportunity in a story or it's a tv type production i know it's fake. Or even the general story, the way it's told..you know, keyword exploitation LOL.
By throwing routine words like persecution, muslims, terrorists, saddam hussein, refugees...
the story doesnt add up ie he was an iraqi christian, persecuted for his religion, yet knew nothing of his religion and was taught the gospel in rome (yes rome, another keyword).

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I posted the link up because I believe there is more breadth in the term "refugee" than is popularised in the media. When you read "Iraqi refugee" you might have certain preconceptions and I like the fact that his story goes to show that you should take people as you find them.