Iraqi protests

Stephania

Star
Protests have been going on in Iraq for the last week or so. Against government corruption and bad infrastructure since the Iraq war. So far, 100 protesters have been killed, and thousands injured by live ammo for protesting peacefully. Their leaders are saying they will change, but the ppl say they always hear that. No peep from the western leaders on any of this. Except the UN.
keep Iraq in your prayers.

Stephania

Star
Shut up, all you believe in is a lie. I’m the only person who will you tell you to seek help for obvious internet addiction/illusion
Excuse me. You don't know who I am. Don't tell me to shut up. And you need to seek help for your obvious blindness on real probs in the world. Go gaslight someone else. You are now on ignore.

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
These are protests against Iranian influences in Iraq, and it’s Iran-backed militias that are murdering the protesters.

Stephania

Star
These are protests against Iranian influences in Iraq, and it’s Iran-backed militias that are murdering the protesters.
No they are not. They are against the govt corruption and poverty that's been happening since the overthrow of Saddam and subsequent Presidents while Iraqi ppl still in poverty. You don't talk to Iraqi ppl, you read Zionist news. It's not a sectarian thing at all. :rolleyes: Zionists wish. What.. do you think that the ppl of Iraq liked Israel stupid and wickedly bombing their country last month too? :rolleyes:

Stephania

Star

Stephania

Star
">October 3, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
It's because the Iraqi govt shut the internet down on 30 million Iraqis 2 days ago. :mad: I can't reach a friend of mine in Baghdad at all. Iraqi ex pats and media are reporting this too. Some 'democracy' they have going there. Shoot peaceful protesters, and then cut the net and shoot journalists. Then some ppl got so mad after that they burned down 5 govt buildings. :eek:

After initial protests, the govt also fired the head of a military unit who defeated ISIL there, which the ppl are now also pissed off at

DavidSon

Star
The US Lead Coup Attempt in Iraq May Further Weaken that Country

"The recent decisions of Abdel Mahdi made him extremely unpopular with the US. He has declared Israel responsible for the destruction of the five warehouses of the Iraqi security forces, Hashd al-Shaabi, and the killing of one commander on the Iraqi-Syrian borders. He opened the crossing at al-Qaem between Iraq and Syria to the displeasure of the US embassy in Baghdad, whose officers expressed their discomfort to Iraqi officials. He expressed his willingness to buy the S-400 and other military hardware from Russia. Abdel Mahdi agreed with China to reconstruct essential infrastructure in exchange for oil, and gave a $284 million electricity deal to a German rather than an American company. The Iraqi Prime Minister refused to abide by US sanctions and is still buying electricity from Iran and allowing the exchange of commerce that is bringing large amounts of foreign currency and boosting the Iranian economy. And lastly, Abdel Mahdi rejected the “Deal of the Century” proposed by the US: he is trying to mediate between Iran and Saudi Arabia and therefore is showing his intention to keep away from the US objectives and policies in the Middle East."

Stephania

Star
The US Lead Coup Attempt in Iraq May Further Weaken that Country

"The recent decisions of Abdel Mahdi made him extremely unpopular with the US. He has declared Israel responsible for the destruction of the five warehouses of the Iraqi security forces, Hashd al-Shaabi, and the killing of one commander on the Iraqi-Syrian borders. He opened the crossing at al-Qaem between Iraq and Syria to the displeasure of the US embassy in Baghdad, whose officers expressed their discomfort to Iraqi officials. He expressed his willingness to buy the S-400 and other military hardware from Russia. Abdel Mahdi agreed with China to reconstruct essential infrastructure in exchange for oil, and gave a $284 million electricity deal to a German rather than an American company. The Iraqi Prime Minister refused to abide by US sanctions and is still buying electricity from Iran and allowing the exchange of commerce that is bringing large amounts of foreign currency and boosting the Iranian economy. And lastly, Abdel Mahdi rejected the “Deal of the Century” proposed by the US: he is trying to mediate between Iran and Saudi Arabia and therefore is showing his intention to keep away from the US objectives and policies in the Middle East."
I agree those are all factors at play as well. But there is no proof this is a coup atm. There are other factors at play too. The people are sick of 16 years of an installed parliament, unemployment, corruption and too many factions in parliament. They want their republic back. The govt their admitted that they need to change and apologized for shooting them initially, but are still being idiots.. opening the door for God knows what. Its a sticky situation over there, because obviously other countries would love to take advantage of the protests. So I don't know what to say.. other than . I pray the Iraqi ppl don't let them.. and the govt is being stupid there for shutting off their internet and not letting them go to Tahrir square to air their greivances which include what US and UK did to their country and politics.

DavidSon

Star
I agree those are all factors at play as well. But there is no proof this is a coup atm. There are other factors at play too. The people are sick of 16 years of an installed parliament, unemployment, corruption and too many factions in parliament. They want their republic back. The govt their admitted that they need to change and apologized for shooting them initially, but are still being idiots.. opening the door for God knows what. Its a sticky situation over there, because obviously other countries would love to take advantage of the protests. So I don't know what to say.. other than . I pray the Iraqi ppl don't let them.. and the govt is being stupid there for shutting off their internet and not letting them go to Tahrir square to air their greivances which include what US and UK did to their country and politics.
Yes I don't claim to be an authority on ME politics. It's just that we've seen the regime-change script played out so many times. There were 100 really good comments at the MOA article I posted- a few that also don't believe the US is the only culprit. What was also brought up was how many similar "sniper" incidents have happened in the ME, Hong Kong, E. Europe, etc. when protests may not be having their desired effects.

The overwhelming majority of anti-war voices sense encouragement for protests is 100% tied to a US/Israel/Saudi intentions to fuel conflict with Iran. It seems so obvious...

I was calling out fox news etc, but after reading, the real vampires are the fake-democrat, neoliberal outlets like the Guardian, WaPo and NYT. They and their liberal think-tanks were the principle cheerleaders for regime changes in Syria and Venezuela. We really have to question the mainstream narrative they are pushing.

Thanks again for raising awareness of the Iraqi situation. They are great people and after 17 years of occupation deserve support to achieve stability and peace.

Thunderian

Superstar
What, no links to fox news, the sun or dailymail?

That's the sad thing when people are only willing to hear one side of the story, you'll never be in the truth.
I’m not sure if I’ve ever linked to those sites. I don’t read them.

I posted a tweet with an accompanying video of Iraqi protestors shouting anti-Iran slogans. If you and ditzy want to believe that these aren’t anti-Iran protests, go ahead.

marcecar10

Established
Maybe we should acknowledge these protests as protests because Iraq is a very corrupt country and their post-Saddam governments weren't that transparent or reliable. Also, these protests have been going on since 2018.

Maybe we should acknowledge that these protests are happening and that people have died in Iraq, and not about whether it's the US, Iran, Israel or whatever who is "pulling up the strings". Let's concentrate on the facts, please.