Introduce Yourself!

Lady

Star
Hey Scott,
Are you pastoring a church at this time? How do you incorporate what you have learned into your view of God and how does that influence your ministry?

Thanks in advance for your reply! :)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Hi - I have found this forum only recently, but have been very much awakened to culture and government since I read 1984 and Brave New World in about 1990 (showing my age!)

I have been a Christian for most of my life, (with periods of rebellion) but I have always put myself by way of opinions I disagree with (partly because I just enjoy people) but also as I honestly believe that if something is true, it can stand up to reason, scrutiny and debate. I have had good friends who were staunch Atheists, Muslims, Pantheists, Wiccans, ex satanists even (sorry I'm not even giving him a capital letter!) as well as lots of people who were mainly interested in everyday life and how their team is doing in the league!

World view is like an iceberg - more underneath than on the surface. I like to understand the roots of things and presuppositions people make when they make their points. I am not always right, but I want to be on the side of right!

I like discussing with people, but I sometimes get frustrated by people who are patronising or use debating 'cheap shots' as there is such a lot of trash of that sort online already!!!

You will get to know me better after a while, if I don't get blocked, whisked off to a UK equivalant of a FEMA camp or raptured out of here mid post some day

On that note, I like the quote from Sir Isaac Newton...

"About the time of the end, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the Prophecies, and insist on their literal interpretation, in the midst of much clamor and opposition."

Lurker

Star
Hi. I call myself Lurker because I generally don't have time to post. I usually just lurk around and see what topics are being discussed. Case in point, I thought I had time today. Alas no. I'll come back and edit/add more later.

Edit: I like to think of myself as pretty well awake, I enjoy yard work/gardening or anything natural as my work day is in such an unnatural environment. Anyway I'm looking forward to the discussions.

Last edited:

Fleur D'Amour

Rookie
Hey lovelies! This is the... third time I've signed up for these boards? I was a part of the first board about almost 10ish years ago. I think I went by xxRiahxx or something. Anyway, I took a break, grew up (I was 16/17 or something when I first joined) graduated college, and now I have a "normal" life with a job... (that I hate).

And now that things are going downhill and the world is ending as we know it, I felt the need to return and vent to my fellow VC'ers!

Anyways, call me Fleur (or Riah if you remember me), and I'd love to converse and exchange ideas with you all!

P.S. Any VC veterans about? Heyo oldies! Haha!

Hello All,
I've seen some interesting introductions so far and it is good to see a few recognizable names from the olden' days. It's been a while since I've been a part of the forums (think 2009 - 2011 timeframe) and I was an active, well-known poster. I have forgotten what my name was at that point (it was several years ago, leave me alone).
I am looking forward to many conversations and friendly debates. Since the last time I was on the forums, a lot has gone on in my life. I went to school, graduated and now live in the real-world. I've also become a lot more skeptical about our favorite subject matter since I have enhanced my research skills exponentially. With that being said, you can expect me to be very critical of your source material and call out any apparent biases.
I also love to read the news and current events and find that I don't get the level of dialogue for sharing that news on my Facebook wall. I'm interested to see what will be posted and the conversations the future will hold.
I am also a Christian and write from that perspective. However, I'm fond of playing the Devil's Advocate and using the Socratic method to further dialogue. I promise to be nice to all! My arguments will be based on ideas, not you personally.

Feel free to ask me whatever, whenever. I'm a strong believer in honesty and acting how I would in real-life, online.