Inside The Country Where Down Syndrome Is Disappearing

Karlysymon

Superstar
Issues i have with reincarnation:

If it is a real thing, then we should all be able to remember our past lives. Why just a handful of people? There is NO ONE around me (family, friends, acquaintances) who has ever 'felt' as having had a past life...unless ofcourse they just don't want to bring it up incase they are thought to be weird.

Reincarnation translates into immortality. Man isn't immortal. Period. As long as you cannot self-create (all creation), out the window goes reincarnation.

If some people reincarnated into chicken,swine and cattle....well, i guess we all are cannibals. And, animals should be able to remember their past lives as humans. As a Christian, i see the concept devalues the human-being in way, just as evolution does.

polymoog

Superstar
Issues i have with reincarnation:
If it is a real thing, then we should all be able to remember our past lives. Why just a handful of people? There is NO ONE around me (family, friends, acquaintances) who has ever 'felt' as having had a past life...unless ofcourse they just don't want to bring it up incase they are thought to be weird.
Reincarnation translates into immortality. Man isn't immortal. Period. As long as you cannot self-create (all creation), out the window goes reincarnation.
If some people reincarnated into chicken,swine and cattle....well, i guess we all are cannibals. And, animals should be able to remember their past lives as humans. As a Christian, i see the concept devalues the human-being in way, just as evolution does.

its been said [thats as far as ill go- playing devils advocate here for the most part] that those who do manage to remember their past lives quickly forget it when they are young. they might also argue that energy-- ones life force-- cannot be created or destroyed. physical man is not immortal, but the jury is still out on mans soul.
there are some that believe that the soul only reincarnates within beings with a high level of consciousness. hindus would argue that cows would be at a higher level than man and evil and miscreants become dogs in the next life.