Infowars one strike away from YouTube ban

Thunderian

Superstar
Under the same general heading, Stephen Crowder was suspended by Twitter today for reasons that are, as they always are in these cases, murky.

archangel23

Infowars is spreading misinformation, blatant lies as well as harmful and bullying content. I hope his entire empire is shut down

TempestOfTempo

Superstar

Daciple

Star
Recently it has been brought to the publics attention that Diamond and Silk a Pro Trump/Conservative duo had been banned from Youtube for being a danger to the community. I have watched some of their videos in the past, there was absolutely nothing dangerous about them, the only thing one could call dangerous was the fact that they were/are very right leaning. Apparently Google believes those who express ideas apart from the narrative they desire to uphold represent a danger to the community.

While I agree that Youtube is a private business, and I uphold their right to run it how they wish, it is a bad look as a business to be so clearly discriminatory. Sadly they are essentially a monopoly on uploaded video channels, same with Google Web Search. Are there other platforms out there yes, do they have the massive following, no where close. I am torn as to how I would like to see this resolved, part of me believes that they ought to be able to run their company as they wish, the other part says its clearly a violation of free speech to censor specific viewpoints. So do we allow Youtube/Google to operate in freedom as they wish being a private company, or do we ask the Government to force them to do things they dont want to in the vain of so called freedom of speech?

Tough call, I really just wish there was a truly viable alternative, but with Google and Android I dont see there ever being a different truly viable platform that challenges Youtube/Google. As I said it is essentially a monopoly however it technically isnt as there are plenty of other sites, it just so happens none of them can compete with the overlord of Google...

* Correction: Diamond and Silk were not banned they were demonetized and had their channel censored, I was mistaking that for the Facebook censorship, where they were banned, same difference lol

Last edited:

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Recently it has been brought to the publics attention that Diamond and Silk a Pro Trump/Conservative duo had been banned from Youtube for being a danger to the community. I have watched some of their videos in the past, there was absolutely nothing dangerous about them, the only thing one could call dangerous was the fact that they were/are very right leaning. Apparently Google believes those who express ideas apart from the narrative they desire to uphold represent a danger to the community.

While I agree that Youtube is a private business, and I uphold their right to run it how they wish, it is a bad look as a business to be so clearly discriminatory. Sadly they are essentially a monopoly on uploaded video channels, same with Google Web Search. Are there other platforms out there yes, do they have the massive following, no where close. I am torn as to how I would like to see this resolved, part of me believes that they ought to be able to run their company as they wish, the other part says its clearly a violation of free speech to censor specific viewpoints. So do we allow Youtube/Google to operate in freedom as they wish being a private company, or do we ask the Government to force them to do things they dont want to in the vain of so called freedom of speech?

Tough call, I really just wish there was a truly viable alternative, but with Google and Android I dont see there ever being a different truly viable platform that challenges Youtube/Google. As I said it is essentially a monopoly however it technically isnt as there are plenty of other sites, it just so happens none of them can compete with the overlord of Google...

* Correction: Diamond and Silk were not banned they were demonetized and had their channel censored, I was mistaking that for the Facebook censorship, where they were banned, same difference lol
Yeah, they are looked upon as sell-outs, but its wrong to take away their platform just because they support Trump.

Golden Age

Established
Paul Joseph Watson is a kilt-wearing, wannabe, little demagogue. But I wouldn't want to censure any of the bile and poison that he posts on social media.

Worms like him are necessary for the cultural ecology. They help keep everything fertile and exposing him and his ideas does more for enhancing democracy than autocratic censure.
Corporate liberalism, however, has chosen the latter route. This says more about the prevailing culture than it does about PJW. Therefore, establishment liberals are more dangerous than PJW.