Infowars one strike away from YouTube ban

Thunderian

Superstar
Regardless of what you believe about Alex Jones, there is no doubt there is an ongoing pogrom against anyone on Youtube and on other media sites who does not share the approved, leftist point of view. This is not a good thing for freedom of speech.

Infowars one strike away from YouTube ban
Conspiracy theory outlet Infowars is one strike away from being banned from YouTube.​
The channel said it received an alert from YouTube on Tuesday morning, saying Infowars received a second strike on a video about the Parkland, Fla., high school shooting and will temporarily be unable to upload new content.​
"This is the second strike applied to your account within three months. As a result, you're unable to post new content to YouTube for two weeks," the alert said. "If there are no further issues, the ability to upload will be automatically restored after this two week period."​
Infowars's second strike comes as social media giants like YouTube and Twitter grapple with how to handle extremist or conspiracy theory content.​
A channel that receives three strikes from YouTube within three months is banned from the platform. While Infowars has several other ways to promote its videos — including an online radio show, its own website, Twitter and Facebook — a ban would cut Infowars off from its YouTube subscribers, which number more than 2 million.​
CNN reported last week that the channel, which is run by host and owner Alex Jones, had received its first strike for promoting a conspiracy theory about the Parkland shooting.​
Infowars has referred to the strikes from YouTube as a "CNN lobbying campaign."​
The first strike was related to a video targeting Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg, titled "David Hogg Can't Remember His Lines In TV Interview," and suggested Hogg and others were paid "crisis actors" instead of actual students who survived the shooting.​
The video is no longer on YouTube.​
Jones made similar claims after the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Conn.​

Helioform

Star
As much as I am for free speech, I wouldn't miss that channel at all if it got removed. That would be one less blatant disinfo YouTube channel out there. Which is good because I am getting tired of them appearing on my YouTube feed.

mecca

Superstar
Thank God... I hope they get taken down soon. Alex Jones is a shill and a con man and his channel is disgusting. As long as they don't start going after everything regarding conspiracies, I don't care that Alex is getting shut down.

Last edited:
How could anybody possibly support this? Its all good till they're infringing on someone you like? I don't like Alex Jones but the thing is they start with someone like him, then start going for the little guys who are simply trying to figure things out...

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
They have moved so far away from their truth-telling, lie-exposing origins. First and foremost, its a vehicle for Alex Jones and co. to drive straight to the bank. Secondly, its an agenda pushing platform they can use to cozy up to establishment figures whom they are supposed to be exposing. Thirdly, they are clearly intent on pushing hysteria & conflict. Fourthly, although they have contributed to the breaking of some important stories in the past, they are really, REALLY factually wrong about a lot of what they report, especially when it comes to scientific data.

Aero

Superstar
Is the truth a leftist point of view?

I just can't believe some people are defending the right to sell snake oil. Never mind the fact that nobody is actually trying to stop him from selling snake oil. They are just trying to stop him from selling snake oil on youtube. So rights not in any way infringed. If you sign on to youtube you are agreeing to their terms. If you don't like it, don't sign up!

I don't find it amusing to watch people get away with lying. Maybe some of you do, but that's what we are really talking about here. It's not censorship to want to fix our horrible communication skills. Now I don't know what the flagged info wars video contained. I could be wrong and Youtube is being unfair, but I doubt it.

This is Alex Jones we are talking about. He sells boner pills, like that's his main thing. Boners pills and other garbage supplements that are a total waste of money. Like all of those ingredients are already in a normal healthy diet. And you may even be throwing your body out of whack overdosing on vitamins.

Thunderian

Superstar
It's not just Infowars. Tons of videos on Youtube that question or criticise the official line are being deleted or demonetized.

"First they came for Alex Jones, and I did not speak out, because I am not a fat, red-faced, screaming idiot ..."

And so forth.

Is the truth a leftist point of view?

I just can't believe some people are defending the right to sell snake oil. Never mind the fact that nobody is actually trying to stop him from selling snake oil. They are just trying to stop him from selling snake oil on youtube. So rights not in any way infringed. If you sign on to youtube you are agreeing to their terms. If you don't like it, don't sign up!

I don't find it amusing to watch people get away with lying. Maybe some of you do, but that's what we are really talking about here. It's not censorship to want to fix our horrible communication skills. Now I don't know what the flagged info wars video contained. I could be wrong and Youtube is being unfair, but I doubt it.

This is Alex Jones we are talking about. He sells boner pills, like that's his main thing. Boners pills and other garbage supplements that are a total waste of money. Like all of those ingredients are already in a normal healthy diet. And you may even be throwing your body out of whack overdosing on vitamins.
Youtube is really cracking down on conservative or general conspiracy channels.

Aero

Superstar
Youtube is really cracking down on conservative or general conspiracy channels.
I know, they are currently being sued by a conservative non-profit. But they aren't censoring them, they just won't allow them to monetize their videos. That might be an interesting case though. Like it might be beneficial if they can actually prove youtube purposefully lowers the rank of conservative content.

I believe Google and Facebook do that with all sorts of content though. I talked about it a little bit before. How their "Trending" topics are clearly manipulated. It's pretty obvious when we have huge movements like #metoo #timesup #neveragain. But they are trending topics for about 12 hours max on social media. Like what? How's that make sense

Aero

Superstar
Excuse you, but a few left-wing progressives has had videos removed by Google/YouTube.
I believe it. That's kind of the conclusion of my previous post.

I'm not that versed in discrimination laws though. People talk a lot about how it just starts with a little bit of censorship. But what have they started with all the discrimination accusations? It starts with political alliances being labeled discrimination. And then it keeps going. Pretty soon we wont be able to discriminate against tattoos. Or people with weird hair.

Isn't that kind of setting up a snowflake culture?