In The Beginning

Lisa

Superstar
Revelations says the Beast will be given power to make war with the saints and to overcome them.
That’s right! Revelation 13:7.

it will only be Christians who can resist- only those whose names are written in the Lambs book of life.
Idk about Christians resisting honestly, when we are warned about not taking the mark...makes me feel like there’s a risk we could take it. We are even told that you can’t come back from that, you’re lost then, I think there is a danger.

Also, it says Jesus will return like lightening in the heavens and all eyes will see him. The "rapture" lie is assuming Jesus will secretly return unseen, then come back a 3rd time.
Very true...it’s the 2nd coming after all.

Lisa

Superstar
By "Keep them out of the world", he means he will not save them from the worldly things of this world. Actually, this verse has nothing to do with the rapture. You know how God says we are going to experience trials? Also most people assume Christians are perfect once they receive Christ. We all know that's NOT true as we STILL go through trials.

There are times we're with God and there's times we don't want to be around him. We aren't perfect, we will make mistakes whether willingly or not. That's because we are humans. We will fail sometimes, and sometimes we will win. As long as we continue to humble ourselves in Christ, that's how we continue to be saved.

"But to keep them from the evil one", means satan will go after Gods elect obviously he likes to target his people, but God also said even though we will experience trials and pain, he won't let it overwhelm us. So that's what he means by this verse. He means we will still be in pain, but he won't allow satan's TEMPTATIONS to overwhelm us.

Overall, this verse has nothing to do with the rapture.

And by "These are they who have COME OUT of the great tribulation", Johns vision given by God explains how the sealed were NOT hurt but PROTECTED from his wrath.

Whether you believe it or not, when we talk about rapture, we mean the gathering away of the church. Why do you think Jesus says to be on the lookout? We aren't staying here during tribulation because by the end of the 7 years only the wicked and the ones with the mark will be on earth. THAT IS WHY Jesus comes back as a KING. To do what? ONLY to slay the wicked and start the 1,000 hence the Millenium title in the Bible anyways! That's all he is doing! He is not gonna rapture us up as he's coming back on a white horse. Who's the people behind him then? The verse says Jesus will come back as a conquering king on a white horse and his people behind him in fresh white garments. Who are these people! These are those who were raptured, and those who were left behind but died for their faith once they received Jesus!

When he sets up the Holy City, the 144,000 are going but they won't get caught up because before he even sets up the city, he and his people will immediately begin slaying the wicked before taking their place in the kingdom for 1,000 years.
Ya I didn’t mean John 17:15 was a rapture verse, I just meant in general Jesus asked for Christians not to be taken out of the world. So then why would He want Christians taken out for the tribulation?

The sealed people are the Jews, they are from the 12 tribes and those are only Jews not Christians.

Which verse are ya talking about when you say Jesus says to be on the lookout?

Do you have a denomination that you are part of? Just wondering.

ThisGirlWoke

Established
Mark 13:35-37 "Keep a sharp lookout! For you do not know when I will come, at evening, at midnight, early dawn, or late daybreak. Don't let me find you sleeping. Watch for my return! This is my message to you and to everyone else."

You do know God gives chances over and over right? As long as you don't take the mark, you still have a chance to repent.

The timeline is Rapture, 3/5 years Tribulation, 3 remaining years starting with God's wrath, and the antichrist blaspheming his name, 1,000 year point at the end of the 7 years, satan thrown in the abyss, satan loose after the years are over, satan deceives the nation's one last time, God has fire come down from heaven to devour them, Judgment Day, Eternal peace, and Eternal damnation.

The only ones who will be on earth at the end of the 7 years point is the antichrist, the beast, and the dragon as well as with their worshippers. That is when Jesus returns as a conquering king wearing a white robe, "On his head were many crowns and names no one could see but he, himself. Behind him is his saints riding white horses wearing clean white garments"

Now at the end of the 7 years when they return, what happens? Only two things happen.

1. They fight off the wicked and the angel chains satan to the abyss.
2. They live in the kingdom.

That right there is NOT the rapture because what does the rapture mean anyways?

The rapture means "the catching away; the harpazo" No one is getting caught up when Jesus comes as a conquering king. That's why the verses say he comes back as a conquering king NOT to call up anyone.

Now, what happens during the rapture?

Jesus comes and gathers his elect to take them from the hour of trial. THAT is why he gave us signs! That is why he told his to watch out for signs in the sky, in space, on earth because he says those signs represent the end of the world and his return. Remember when Jesus was on earth, and his people came to him saying "Tell us, what shall these signs be that will tell us the ending of the world?", and the signs happening now are the signs of this return and the end of the world.

Mass shootings, a bunch of fires and storms, strange sightings, time going by very fast, etc etc..

God said people will turn away from their faith, and be cold to one another, murderers, thrives, etc etc. That is what's happening now.

Which means, we are most likely 8 or 9/10s away from his return! How do I know? The signs. And so that is why on that very verse of the rapture, says "The dead in Christ will rise first then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air",

A lot of people think since it says "Dead" It's referring to the martyrs but it isn't. It's referring to Christians who have died and remained faithful. When you die, you don't immediately get judged. That is saved for judgement day. As a result, the dead in Christ will be with God, and we will follow shortly after. The rapture IS our judgment and we have won in our faith!

That is also why when we judge people ON judgment day, God says we will participate in it and judge others! Because we already have been judged and that was the rapture! When does judgment take place? Literally after the 1,000 years are over.

Then.. the eternal kingdom saved for the raptured, the martyrs, and the 144,000. Sadly everyone else is having their time in the lake of fire.

And that right there, is the timeline.

Lisa

Superstar
The only ones who will be on earth at the end of the 7 years point is the antichrist, the beast, and the dragon as well as with their worshippers. T
They are the only ones here to experience God’s wrath, but believers will be on the earth until then..they are going to be martyred for Jesus. I also think that why would it matter to cut short those days for the elect if we won’t be here?
Matthew‬ ‭24:22‬ ‭
Unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short.​
‭‭
Which means, we are most likely 8 or 9/10s away from his return! How do I know? The signs.
My mil thought we close 30 years ago...
So, you’re not the only one to think we are that close. The thing is, until there is a temple built in Jerusalem we aren’t all that close. Why do I say that? Because the antichrist is going to reveal himself in the temple at the abomination of desolation in the halfway point, when he stops the sacrifices and basically ends the treaty that allowed the Jews to rebuild the temple and start the sacrifices again.
Daniel‬ ‭12:11‬
From the time that the regular sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days.​
‭‭ ‭
I think we are still in the birthing pains portion of it all and not near to looking up yet. I thought a few years ago with the world situation that maybe the first two seals had been opened..but things have calmed down again, so now I think that we have just been experiencing the birthing pains.

A lot of people think since it says "Dead" It's referring to the martyrs but it isn't. It's referring to Christians who have died and remained faithful. When you die, you don't immediately get judged.
When you die you don’t even go to heaven, you remain asleep in the ground..at least thats what I believe. Otherwise, why are the dead rising first?

Because we already have been judged and that was the rapture!
Don’t you mean that we were saved and that’s why Jesus is coming for us, plus we are told we aren’t destined for wrath...
‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭5:9-10‬ ‭
For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep, we will live together with Him.

ThisGirlWoke

Established
You genuinely think that people who believe in a pre-trib rapture would abandon the Lord if the AC signs a peace treaty for 7 years and we are still here?
I agree! Even if the post tribulation did happen which I still doubt, not ALL Christians would abandon the Lord. Like if I found out, I was wrong about the pre tribulation rapture, I definitely wouldn't abandon him regardless.

Axl888

Established
I think expecting to experience the great tribulation strengthens our faith as Christians than expecting to escape it, I really do. We could endlessly debate whether it is pre-trib, mid-trib or post-trib but no one really knows when will it happen, I say prepare and expect for the worst so that we are ready to face it for nothing is lost if the Lord takes us away before the tribulation, BUT we may doubt our faith and fall away if the Lord subjects us to the great tribulation (though it will be shorten for our sake) because we are not prepared for it.

Yahda

Veteran
God: In the BEGINNING God created the heaven and the earth...

Christians: in the BEGINNING was the word...

ThisGirlWoke

Established
I hope not but I’m not sure about that.
What kind of thinking do you do?? Even if he did come after the tribulation, why would you think ALL Christians would abandon him? And if that was the case, then nobody would be saved. Are you okay?? You're opinions are not mixing well with each other. And if all Christians abandoned him, then what would be the point of Jesus dying for us because God would already know, and we probably wouldn't even have the Bible, we would most likely all just go to the lake of fire if that was the case.

They are the only ones here to experience God’s wrath, but believers will be on the earth until then..they are going to be martyred for Jesus. I also think that why would it matter to cut short those days for the elect if we won’t be here?
Matthew‬ ‭24:22‬ ‭​

Unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short.​
These elect are those that are of the tribulation, The Church is not in view here. This lines up with Revelations Chapter 6 and 7.