"In Christ is man perfected and made complete." Christian Doctrine As Freedom, Not Control

Lyfe

Star
Acts 5:32 And we are His witnesses of these things; and [so is] also the Holy Spirit, whom God hath given to them that OBEY Him.

Exodus 20:6 And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love [and obey] Me, and KEEP My Commandments.

John 14:15 If ye love me, KEEP my COMMANDments.
I won't be taking part in any more discussions regarding The Law for now. All I will say is that a person receives spiritual circumcision by faith. To suggest anything else is to err not knowing the scripture.

Galatians 3:1-9

3 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? It was before your eyes that Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified. 2 Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by[a] the flesh? 4 Did you suffer so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain? 5 Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith— 6 just as Abraham “believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”?

7 Know then that it is those of faith who are the sons of Abraham. 8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify[c] the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.” 9 So then, those who are of faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.

Romans 4:6-11

English Standard Version

6 just as David also speaks of the blessing of the one to whom God counts righteousness apart from works:
7 “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven,
and whose sins are covered;
8 blessed is the man against whom the Lord will not count his sin.”
9 Is this blessing then only for the circumcised, or also for the uncircumcised? For we say that faith was counted to Abraham as righteousness. 10 How then was it counted to him? Was it before or after he had been circumcised? It was not after, but before he was circumcised. 11 He received the sign of circumcision as a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. The purpose was to make him the father of all who believe without being circumcised, so that righteousness would be counted to them as well,

The holy spirit fell upon the gentiles as they heard the word of God and believed it(The Book Of Acts)

Ephesians 1:13-14

English Standard Version

13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee[a] of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it,[b] to the praise of his glory.

Salvation is a gift from God. The holy spirit is a gift from God(Acts 2:38).

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him? Luke 11:13

Wigi

Veteran
The holy spirit fell upon the gentiles as they heard the word of God and believed it(The Book Of Acts)
Amen, by hearing the Gospel of Christ God's work for us, his cherished creature, is completed giving us the perfect rest our soul need.
Hearing the word and expressing faith toward that word liberates us, doing the opposite won't profit us.

For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: “So I swore in My wrath, ‘They shall not enter My rest,’ ” although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
Hebrews 4:2‭-‬3

Without the key factor of faith in the written Gospel, which is not an appeal to return to the works of the Law, we can neither please God nor enter that perfect rest.
Unlike popular belief, faith isn't this shaky belief that's changing overtime but a true conviction evidenced by the inner transformation Jesus operates when we put aside our ego and open the door of our heart allowing Him to abide in us.

Lyfe

Star
Amen, by hearing the Gospel of Christ God's work for us, his cherished creature, is completed giving us the perfect rest our soul need.
Hearing the word and expressing faith toward that word liberates us, doing the opposite won't profit us.

For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: “So I swore in My wrath, ‘They shall not enter My rest,’ ” although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
Hebrews 4:2‭-‬3

Without the key factor of faith in the written Gospel, which is not an appeal to return to the works of the Law, we can neither please God nor enter that perfect rest.
Unlike popular belief, faith isn't this shaky belief that's changing overtime but a true conviction evidenced by the inner transformation Jesus operates when we put aside our ego and open the door of our heart allowing Him to abide in us.
"For we who have believed do enter that rest"

Amen, that passage really hit me just now. I think even if we struggle with faith and acknowledge this to God and ask him for an increase(of faith) that is still a faith he honors. It's faith in knowing God is a supplier of faith and nothing is too hard for him. It's confidence in knowing there is no lack that God can't fill up.

Lyfe

Star
There are many doctrines contained within Gods word and people would even place them in some kind of particular order(pertaining to how they would rate their importance), but one thing I seldom see taught or appreciated is the doctrine of God The Father. I'm talking about teachings where God is strongly expounded upon as The Father of his elect. Its so important that this perception of God is introduced into the mind and heart of every soul who has received adoption( as a son or daughter) into Gods family. All throughout the scriptures we are told to trust in God and when the babe in Christ comes to relate to God as their Father it greatly helps to estabalish within them a stronger foundation of faith and trust in the one they now follow and live for, in the one who directs their path.

Its acctually this foundation that helps to create spiritually healthy and more stable minded individuals in Christ. We all see prayer as a source of strength, but we underestimate the strength that comes from having a faith and understanding of God that is built upon this foundation. God is The Father to every saint, yet he is still mostly referred to as 'God' or 'The Lord' by his children. I really believe we ought to make it a habit of referring to God as The Father and allow this realization to transform us by how we see him. You can preach against sin and teach spiritual warfare, but if someone doesnt truly understand or see God as their loving father they wont be a strong or whole saint that is built on a firm foundation.

1 John 3:1-2
Amplified Bible
Children of God Love One Another
3 See what an incredible quality of love the Father has shown to us, that we would [be permitted to] be named and called and counted the children of God! And so we are! For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. 2 Beloved, we are [even here and] now children of God, and it is not yet made clear what we will be [after His coming]. We know that when He comes and is revealed, we will [as His children] be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is [in all His glory].

Dalit

Star
There are many doctrines contained within Gods word and people would even place them in some kind of particular order(pertaining to how they would rate their importance), but one thing I seldom see taught or appreciated is the doctrine of God The Father. I'm talking about teachings where God is strongly expounded upon as The Father of his elect. Its so important that this perception of God is introduced into the mind and heart of every soul who has received adoption( as a son or daughter) into Gods family. All throughout the scriptures we are told to trust in God and when the babe in Christ comes to relate to God as their Father it greatly helps to estabalish within them a stronger foundation of faith and trust in the one they now follow and live for, in the one who directs their path.

Its acctually this foundation that helps to create spiritually healthy and more stable minded individuals in Christ. We all see prayer as a source of strength, but we underestimate the strength that comes from having a faith and understanding of God that is built upon this foundation. God is The Father to every saint, yet he is still mostly referred to as 'God' or 'The Lord' by his children. I really believe we ought to make it a habit of referring to God as The Father and allow this realization to transform us by how we see him. You can preach against sin and teach spiritual warfare, but if someone doesnt truly understand or see God as their loving father they wont be a strong or whole saint that is built on a firm foundation.

1 John 3:1-2
Amplified Bible
Children of God Love One Another
3 See what an incredible quality of love the Father has shown to us, that we would [be permitted to] be named and called and counted the children of God! And so we are! For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. 2 Beloved, we are [even here and] now children of God, and it is not yet made clear what we will be [after His coming]. We know that when He comes and is revealed, we will [as His children] be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is [in all His glory].
This post reminded me of a lovely verse quoted today:

John 20:17 (NASB): "Jesus said to her, 'Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'"

And she immediately went and obeyed. :)

Lyfe

Star
God's word reveals that there are two lineages of children within the world. There are the children of the flesh and the children of the holy spirit(God's adopted ones).

The predominant lineage(the children of the flesh) consists of those still in adam or the version of humanity that became corrupted at the fall of man. The Bible says their life and deeds are governed by the 'carnal mind'. There was actually a mutation and twisting of our nature at the fall of man which operates in our bodies much like a sickness. It is this spiritual sickness that compels people with self destructive passions and thoughts that end up resulting in human suffering.. There are many who will tell you they are their own worst enemy. It is, because of sin and the mutation being references here. Christ had come to fix this mutation by what he accomplished at the cross.

The second lineage(which consists of a tiny minority) are the beneficiaries of Christ's work. It says they have been spiritually reborn by God's holy seed and, because of this are now offspring of Christ who is the second Adam. Unlike natural man who is governed by the carnal mind those who have been spiritually reborn(through the indwelling holy spirit) have "the mind of Christ.". It's very important to understand this is the work of the holy spirit and this change of mind is not something that a person can do for themselves. This transformation is something that only God can accomplish and apart from this intervention a persons thoughts and attitudes can only ever be carnal. We can only walk with and enjoy God until we have been adopted by him (redemption) and the infection(of sin) that occured at the fall is dealt with (by the outpouring and indwelling of the holy spirit). We can only live in the way, freedom, and health that God had first intended for his creation with the mind of Christ(not bound by harmful self destructive passions).

Romans 8:7-9
King James Version
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

1 Corinthians 2:11-16
King James Version
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

Lyfe

Star
I really believe that true fulfillment can only come through discovering our purpose on earth and then walking in it. There is our will and purpose and then there is Gods purpose for us which caters more perfectly to our likes and abilities than we realise.

Our purpose can only be discovered in the perfect will of God and through Christ. He is the ultimate coordinator and director. There are spiritual assignments sent against us that seek to keep us from this purpose and bound to meaningless pursuits and self indulgence(through the flesh). This is also why so many are dissatisifed about the condition of the church. Its only about one person and their sermon rather than helping people to discover what their talents and giftings are and then encouraging them to walk in them.

We all have a set of giftings and abilities that God has given us that he wants us to use for his glory and for our enjoyment(fulfillment). Joy comes from when we are given a free course to express them. People need a sense of purpose to find fulfillment otherwise they have a tendency to feel idle and then worthless as a result. Paul acctually encouraged Timothy to stir up and fan the flames of the gift of God that was given to him. If we are allowing the unction of the holy spirit a means of expressing those gifts we are acctually fanning those flames and as a result the joy of the spirit begins to come alive and well up within us like never before!

2 Timothy 1:6-7
New Living Translation
6 This is why I remind you to FAN INTO FLAMES the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you. 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

Dalit

Star
I really believe that true fulfillment can only come through discovering our purpose on earth and then walking in it. There is our will and purpose and then there is Gods purpose for us which caters more perfectly to our likes and abilities than we realise.

Our purpose can only be discovered in the perfect will of God and through Christ. He is the ultimate coordinator and director. There are spiritual assignments sent against us that seek to keep us from this purpose and bound to meaningless pursuits and self indulgence(through the flesh). This is also why so many are dissatisifed about the condition of the church. Its only about one person and their sermon rather than helping people to discover what their talents and giftings are and then encouraging them to walk in them.

We all have a set of giftings and abilities that God has given us that he wants us to use for his glory and for our enjoyment(fulfillment). Joy comes from when we are given a free course to express them. People need a sense of purpose to find fulfillment otherwise they have a tendency to feel idle and then worthless as a result. Paul acctually encouraged Timothy to stir up and fan the flames of the gift of God that was given to him. If we are allowing the unction of the holy spirit a means of expressing those gifts we are acctually fanning those flames and as a result the joy of the spirit begins to come alive and well up within us like never before!

2 Timothy 1:6-7
New Living Translation
6 This is why I remind you to FAN INTO FLAMES the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you. 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
I love this. Keep sharing the Word and never stop. Pray that I do the same. I want to love the Word/the gospel more than life and slowly getting there. Still fight those meaningless pursuits and self-indulgences more than I care to.

Lyfe

Star
I love this. Keep sharing the Word and never stop. Pray that I do the same. I want to love the Word/the gospel more than life and slowly getting there. Still fight those meaningless pursuits and self-indulgences more than I care to.
Praise The Lord!

We are all his workmanship at the end of the day. So much of our growth is according to his timing and his ways.

Honestly most of my growth has come from hardship. This past year has been the hardest season of my life with infirmity and the discipline of The Lord. We are strong in the spirit when weak!

The holy spirit really begins to work through us when we come out of the world and dedicate a season of rebuilding our temple through the word of God.

Lyfe

Star
It was about a year ago when I felt like God gave me a new perspective on holiness and depression. I believe he led me to understand that 'holiness is wholeness' and that the reason why so many people are so depressed is, because their spirit and soul are overflowing with a lifelong accumulation of spiritual toxins(doctrines of demons and perverse hollywood entertainments). God's word acctually talks about 'spiritual wickedness' and how it comes directly from the forces of evil in the heavenly realms. It's like a well of evil that somehow overlaps into our physical reality to corrupt all of mankind and bring pollution(through hollywood and television). Its the excessive accumulation of this poison(within our soul and spirit) that eventually leads to what we refer to as depression(spiritual sickness). We are subjecting ourselves to a diet of perversions and entertainments that God never intended. This is why I believe he emphasized to me that true well being and health comes only through holiness and that holiness is wholeness. I have come to experience and realize the truth in this insight time and time again(through backsliding and abiding). If someone comes out of the world and abides in the vine of Christ they are acctually given the promise to be continually nourished by his sustenance(the fruit of the spirit). The "pollutions of this world(2 Peter 2:20)" corrupt and poison our soul and spirit. They defile the Temple of God(our earthly vessel) and this results in a person being emotionally unwell. Im convinced depression is a spiritual condition or the state of ones spirit and soul, because God's word is always talking about the 'broken spirit' or the 'crushed spirit' or the languishing spirit. Most of what's on television and radio interact with and poison our soul and spirit.

However, when someone comes out of the world to be separate(and cuts themselves off from these sources of pollution) they stop quenching the holy spirit and those rivers of living water begin to well up to provide emotional and spiritual health. This is why holiness is wholeness and necessary for someone's sustained mental and emotional health in Christ(through the holy spirit). God makes something or somebody holy by sanctifying them and setting them apart. He consecrates a person to himself and as a result they become holy and are now able to receive of him. That accumulation of spiritual poison within their soul and spirit gets washed out through the blood of Christ.

Christ is the vine and connection to God that provides light and life to the soul(John 15). This is why it's essential to stop opening up our soul and spirit to the pollution's of this world. If someone doesn't have a connection to God(through Christ) than that means their soul and spirit are opened up to "the pollution's of this world" and as a result they can only wax worse and worse with the influx of spiritual wickedness.

There is the vine of Christ and the wine(sustenance) he provides through the fruit of the spirit. There is also the "cup of devils" and the wine of mystery babylon(hollywood entertainments) that corrupts the whole word. The condition of the culture is getting so dark and reminiscent of the society described in Romans 1 that we must see the need to be connected to and receive from the vine of Christ at all times . The alternative vine is the vine that generated all the spiritual rot within a culture that God had once destroyed when it reached a certain threshold of gross spiritual abcess.

Deuteronomy 32:31-33
English Standard Version
31 For their rock is not as our Rock;
our enemies are by themselves.
32 For THEIR VINE comes from the VINE of Sodom
and from the fields of Gomorrah;
their grapes are grapes of POISON;
their clusters are bitter;
33 their wine is the POISON of serpents
and the cruel venom of asps.

Lyfe

Star
Hebrews 1:1-2
English Standard Version
The Supremacy of God's Son
1 Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.

John 1:12-13
Amplified Bible
12 But to as many as did receive and welcome Him, He gave the right [the authority, the privilege] to become children of God, that is, to those who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) His name— 13 who were born, not of blood [natural conception], nor of the will of the flesh [physical impulse], nor of the will of man [that of a natural father], but of God [that is, a divine and supernatural birth—they are born of God—spiritually transformed, renewed, sanctified].

...now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. Hebrews 9:26

Lyfe

Star
We can't separate who and what God is from the name and person of Jesus Christ. I have seen allot of faith based movies and one thing I always noticed was that many of them will make mention of God and prayer, but never the actual name of Jesus. Salvation ONLY COMES through acknowledging who Jesus is and what he did. God means something different to everybody, but just acknowledging and believing there is a God does not bring a person to him. This is why there is always an emphasis on the name and preeminance of Christ within Gods word. He was appointed by God himself to be the savior of the world and the means in which somebody is reconciled to him. He proclaimed a message that has to be believed in and received for one to be saved.

Jesus said to him, “I am the [only] Way [to God] and the [real] Truth and the [real] Life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. John 14:6 Amplified Bible

John 8:24-25
Amplified Bible
24 That is why I told you that you will die [unforgiven and condemned] in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am the One [I claim to be], you will die in your sins.” 25 So they said to Him, “Who are You [anyway]?” Jesus replied, “What have I been saying to you from the beginning?

And there is salvation in no one else, for there IS NO OTHER NAME under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” Acts 4:12

For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 1 Timothy 2:5

and that repentance for the forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed IN HIS NAME to all nations Luke 24:47

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:14

John 14:8-10
English Standard Version
8 Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.” 9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works.

Hebrews 1:1-3
English Standard Version
The Supremacy of God's Son
1 Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. 3 He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

Lyfe

Star
It's only through repentance and receiving Christ that one becomes a recipient of God's fatherly love and care. The Bible refers to this as adoption and reconciliation (to God). If someone has not truly come to Christ then they don't have this standing with God. The Bible acctually refers to everyone who has not been adopted(as a son or daughter of God) as a rebel and enemy(of God). There is no in between as someone has either been grafted into and belongs to Christ, or they are still living in rebellion and opposition to God. God offers to everyone the opportunity for reconciliation and sonship, but most people reject the truth when it's presented to them. God loves and delights in all of his adopted children and they can rightfully be confident in all the words of assurance and comfort that apply to them, but the Bible does teach there is only wrath and promised destruction for those who reject the gospel and continue to persist in a life characterized by rebellion against him.

John 1:12-13
Amplified Bible
12 But to as many as did receive and welcome Him, He gave the right [the authority, the privilege] to become children of God, that is, to those who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) His name— 13 who were born, not of blood [natural conception], nor of the will of the flesh [physical impulse], nor of the will of man [that of a natural father], but of God [that is, a divine and supernatural birth—they are born of God—spiritually transformed, renewed, sanctified].

Lyfe

Star
God's word does not teach that the default destination after we die is heaven. It teaches that the original sin created a separation between God and man and as a result we enter into this world spiritually dead ( which is why we must be born again). God is holy and it's only through Christ and the blood he shed that we can be made holy and acceptable before him. It's his blood that ransoms and purifies us and without him there is no way for that initial connection to God to be restored. It's his blood that takes away our sin and blots out our transgressions(record of sins). Millions of people die in their sin and go to hell every week, because they thought they could enter into the presence of a holy and pure God without Jesus and what he did.

A Freeman

Superstar
1 John 3:8-10
3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the Beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever DOETH NOT righteousness is NOT of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Lyfe

Star
But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was crushed for our wickedness [our sin, our injustice, our wrongdoing]; The punishment [required] for our well-being fell on Him, And by His stripes (wounds) we are healed. Isaiah 53:5 Amplified Bible

He made Christ who knew no sin to [judicially] be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we would become the righteousness of God [that is, we would be made acceptable to Him and placed in a right relationship with Him by His gracious lovingkindness]. 2 Corinthians 5:21 Amplified Bible

He personally carried our sins in His body on the cross [willingly offering Himself on it, as on an altar of sacrifice], so that we might die to sin [becoming immune from the penalty and power of sin] and live for righteousness; for by His wounds you [who believe] have been healed. 1 Peter 2:24 Amplified Bible

And He [that same Jesus] is the propitiation for our sins [the atoning sacrifice that holds back the wrath of God that would otherwise be directed at us because of our sinful nature—our worldliness, our lifestyle]; and not for ours alone, but also for [the sins of all believers throughout] the whole world. 1 John 2:2 Amplified Bible

All of us like sheep have gone astray, We have turned, each one, to his own way; But the LORD has caused the wickedness of us all [our sin, our injustice, our wrongdoing] To fall on Him [instead of us]. Isaiah 53:6 Amplified Bible

Screenshot_20230118-215451~2.png

Lyfe

Star
The primary difference between a Christian who is actually born again and an individual who is not(even though they may attend church religiously) is that their heart and attitude toward sin has been changed by the holy spirit. It's very possible to not be aware of this inner change at first, but it will eventually become evident over time. It's God's promise to abide in someone through the holy spirit and give them a heart of flesh the moment of salvation. I have not been able to sit through a violent movie or listen to an explicit song ever since I gave my life to Christ. It's not due to a sense religious obligation, but rather, because my heart was vexxed and broken by what I was listening to and witnessing. I can't remember how many times I had to turn off a movie midway, because of something that deeply grieved and troubled my soul. I hadn't realized it at first, but this is what scripture refers to as grieving the holy spirit. This is, because God actually regenerates someone's heart when they truly get saved and born again (indwelt with the holy spirit). God is not interested in religion and binding someone to rules and regulations. His purpose in salvation is to make someone into a new person. There are allot of deceived people who have never been changed or heard the actual gospel. People who are on the broad path that leads to destruction. Jesus said a man must be born again to enter into the kingdom of God.

Romans 8:9-11
Amplified Bible
9 However, you are not [living] in the flesh [controlled by the sinful nature] but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God lives in you [directing and guiding you]. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him [and is not a child of God]. 10 If Christ lives in you, though your [natural] body is dead because of sin, your spirit is alive because of righteousness [which He provides]. 11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you.

Lyfe

Star
There are seasons where God will set apart and consecrate his adopted children( to himself) to further prune them of what remains of the world(and it's pollution's) from their heart. He will then redeploy them into the world only for they to quickly realize just how much of an alien and stranger they are becoming within it. Those weeds, thorns, thistles, and bad seeds that choke the life out of the word and quench the holy spirit are usually removed by some sort of refiners fire and die off in the wilderness.

The holy spirit draws someone closer to God to teach them his ways while the spirit of the world brings people deeper and deeper into embracing it's ways and corruption. If we submit to God and receive Christ for the adoption as a son or daughter then we must expect to be brought up in the discipline of The Father for our good.

Psalm 4:3
English Standard Version
3 But know that the Lord has set apart the godly for himself;

1 Corinthians 2:12-16
English Standard Version
12 Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God. 13 And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.[a]

14 The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. 15 The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one. 16 “For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

Hebrews 12:6-11
English Standard Version
6 For the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
and chastises every son whom he receives.”

7 It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? 8 If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. 9 Besides this, we have had earthly fathers who disciplined us and we respected them. Shall we not much more be subject to the Father of spirits and live? 10 For they disciplined us for a short time as it seemed best to them, but he disciplines us for our good, that we may share his holiness. 11 For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

Lyfe

Star
Gods word and the message of the gospel is really no more extreme than the message being promoted today by hollywood. People judge Gods ways and the calling of the gospel through the bias of a culture that has been warped and groomed by a very twisted hollywood entity. There are things being normalized today that not that long ago were considered to be very repulsive and great sin in the eyes of God. Its perfectly acceptable and even encouraged now to watch adult rated movies as some sort of positive outlet to relieve ones stress. People on dating websites are now encouraged to have a lineup of choices on their smartphone and to play the field by sleeping around with multiple partners. Movies are constantly taking Gods name in vain like its absolutely nothing and ones second nature. It used to be that someone could go their entire life without witnessing a murder, but now endless masses of bodies are being brutally gunned down right before peoples eyes on the television set every night.

I am starting to see many with tattoos of skulls and pentagrams, people having multiple abortions as if its no different than just going to the doctor to get oneself poked by a needle. Now cross dressing and child perversions are the latest trend being slowly normalized by the 'beings' behind hollywood film productions. The more we subject ourselves to these things the more acceptable and harmless we find them. We have to ask ourselves where its all headed and if its something we really want to be a part of. God will allow these things to get out of hand for a time so that people take the madness to heart in order that they consider their ways and turn from iniquity, but after a while he does put an end to it all. In truth he doesn't really have to do anything, because these sort of society's always implode. God just gives people over to what they are craving and asking for. He allows it all to show us what really happens to a society (Romans 1) when a culture rejects God and gives themselves over to their own deceptions, lust driven imaginations, and constant appetite for more pleasure and entertainment.

This isnt to judge anyone, because only God himself is judge and we all grow up in deception and ignorance, but we would be in denial to say we dont live in an extreme culture with extreme beliefs. The message of Christ and the gospel and the message of hollywood are both extreme and about as polar opposite and different from each other as night is from day. If we seek these entertainments we become degraded and eventually dehumanized and debased by them and drift further and further from God, but when we seek God through prayer and inquire of him he delivers us,shows us the way we should go, and brings us nearer to him and away from that which is evil in his eyes so we wont also be judged along with the world.

God calls us to a life of fulfillment and true spirituality in Christ and to be nourished and connected to him(in the holy spirit) while the world calls people into a life of narcissism, meaningless and excessive materialism, and endless self indulgence leading to spiritual rot and emptiness(in the end). God does call us to make a choice between him and the world, but its impossible to do both since one will always seek to lead you in the opposites direction of the other. The life we are called to in God and the lifestyle Hollywood promotes cannot be reconciled together.

Last edited:

Dalit

Star
Gods word and the message of the gospel is really no more extreme than the message being promoted today by hollywood. People judge Gods ways and the calling of the gospel through the bias of a culture that has been warped and groomed by a very twisted hollywood entity. There are things being normalized today that not that long ago were considered to be very repulsive and great sin in the eyes of God. Its perfectly acceptable and even encouraged now to watch adult rated movies as some sort of positive outlet to relieve ones stress. People on dating websites are now encouraged to have a lineup of choices on their smartphone and to play the field by sleeping around with multiple partners. Movies are constantly taking Gods name in vain like its absolutely nothing and ones second nature. It used to be that someone could go their entire life without witnessing a murder, but now endless masses of bodies are being brutally gunned down right before peoples eyes on the television set every night.

I am starting to see many with tattoos of skulls and pentagrams, people having multiple abortions as if its no different than just going to the doctor to get oneself poked by a needle. Now cross dressing and child perversions are the latest trend being slowly normalized by the 'beings' behind hollywood film productions. The more we subject ourselves to these things the more acceptable and harmless we find them. We have to ask ourselves where its all headed and if its something we really want to be a part of. God will allow these things to get out of hand for a time so that people take the madness to heart in order that they consider their ways and turn from iniquity, but after a while he does put an end to it all. In truth he doesn't really have to do anything, because these sort of society's always implode. God just gives people over to what they are craving and asking for. He allows it all to show us what really happens to a society (Romans 1) when a culture rejects God and gives themselves over to their own deceptions, lust driven imaginations, and constant appetite for more pleasure and entertainment.

This isnt to judge anyone, because only God himself is judge and we all grow up in deception and ignorance, but we would be in denial to say we dont live in an extreme culture with extreme beliefs. The message of Christ and the gospel and the message of hollywood are both extreme and about as polar opposite and different from each other as night is from day. If we seek these entertainments we become degraded and eventually dehumanized and debased by them and drift further and further from God, but when we seek God through prayer and inquire of him he delivers us,shows us the way we should go, and brings us nearer to him and away from that which is evil in his eyes so we wont also be judged along with the world.

God calls us to a life of fulfillment and true spirituality in Christ and to be nourished and connected to him(in the holy spirit) while the world calls people into a life of narcissism, meaningless and excessive materialism, and endless self indulgence leading to spiritual rot and emptiness(in the end). God does call us to make a choice between him and the world, but its impossible to do both since one will always seek to lead you in the opposites direction of the other. The life we are called to in God and the lifestyle Hollywood promotes cannot be reconciled together.
And now that filth is in the church; not in the true Church, but it all the progressive, Scripture-twisting gatherings that call themselves churches.