"In Christ is man perfected and made complete." Christian Doctrine As Freedom, Not Control

Maldarker

Star
It’s not that complicated, is it @Lyfe

Romans 3 addresses the claims of @A Freeman directly. Is this chapter even in the “King of Kings” Bible???

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.​
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;​
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:​
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;​
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:​
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;​
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.​
27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.​
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.​
29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:​
30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.​
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.​

It would seem to me that “establishing” the law means agreeing that those standards are Gods plum line for human conduct and that all deviate from it. The Sermon on the Mount restates and clarifies that plum line. Instead of the sacrificial offerings which were given by the Jews, through Jesus we are given a new and living way to a restored relationship with the Father.

Should Christians try to love lives that please God and uphold His standards? Of course!!!

How many people say when challenged “I’ve lived a good life”, yet each one has therefore told one huge lie!

All have sinned. All need salvation.
Very simple is it not? Seems to really confound people though.

A Freeman

Superstar
Malachi 4
4:1 For, behold, the Day cometh, that shall burn like an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the "I AM" Lord of hosts, that it shall leave of them neither root nor branch (nothing).
4:2 But unto you that fear My name shall the Sun of Righteousness (Christ, The Light of the World) arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
4:3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in The Day that I shall do [this], saith the "I AM" Lord of hosts.
4:4 REMEMBER YE AND RETURN TO THE LAW OF MOSES MY SERVANT, which I COMMANDED unto him in Horeb for all Israel, [with] the Statutes and Judgments.
4:5 Behold, I will send you EliJAH the Prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful Day of the "I AM" (Sura 43:61):
4:6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

A Freeman

Superstar

Romans 3 addresses the claims of @A Freeman directly. Is this chapter even in the “King of Kings” Bible???

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.​
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;​
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:​
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:​
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;​
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.​
27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.​
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.​
29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:​
30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.​
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.​

It would seem to me that “establishing” the law means agreeing that those standards are Gods plum line for human conduct and that all deviate from it. The Sermon on the Mount restates and clarifies that plum line. Instead of the sacrificial offerings which were given by the Jews, through Jesus we are given a new and living way to a restored relationship with the Father.

Should Christians try to love lives that please God and uphold His standards? Of course!!!

How many people say when challenged “I’ve lived a good life”, yet each one has therefore told one huge lie!

It plainly states in the last verse of Romans, Chapter 3 that NOTHING Paul said or did in any way voids The Law, BUT INSTEAD IS ESTABLISHING THE LAW, to keep people from misinterpreting anything else Paul said throughout the chapter (and elsewhere, of course)

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

Lyfe

Star

I believe there is an end times counterfeit revival, or a return of the judaizers and their doctrine. I see many who identify as Christian being brought back into Judaism and it always starts out very subtly. Those who have been adopted and born again by the holy spirit are the true circumcision. We have "become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God." (Romans 7:4)

Jesus told his disciples that he chose them to bear fruit.
We were loosed from the law and the obligation to satisfy all it's numerous and time consuming requirements that we could serve in the newness(and leading) of the holy spirit to bear fruit for God. If we are filled with The Holy Spirit the world sees and experiences Christ's love(through the fruit of the spirit) which is pleasing to God. Instead this false revival leads people back into what God's proper name is, how to properly keep the feasts, and basically how to live like an old testament Jewish citizen.

A Freeman

Superstar
Why you quote Galatians 3:10 and do not continue with verse 11 to 14 so you can bear false witness by saying 'freedom is by keeping the law'?
Christ, in John 8:25 (King of kings' Bible, John 8:34 KJV):

John 8:25 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the prisoner of sin.

"Verily" means TRUTHFULLY. So the TRUTH is whosoever committeth sin (breaks The Law) is the prisoner of sin.

Sin in the transgression (breaking) of The Law (1 John 3:4).

You do understand that being a prisoner means you are NOT free, don't you?

I quote 10-14:

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.” Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.” Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
Galatians 3:10‭-‬14
If you're not keeping The Law, THEN YOU HAVE NO FAITH.

Faith = trust in God and His PERFECT Law of Liberty, which Christ (The Angel of The Lord - Exodus 18:20, 23:20) gave to Moses on Mt. Horeb in Sinai, and which Christ plainly stated through the mouth of Jesus would NEVER pass away (Matt. 5:17-19).

You often do that and hide it through a barrage of verses hoping no one is going to notice you twist the Gospel to return under the law.
You can return to the law if you want but in Jesus, God sends His Holy Spirit and give a renewed mind enabling us to keep His commands. This is the grace of God, not personal efforts.
This is your ego talking total nonsense again. An in-depth article has been written on this subject, and linked within this thread, which goes through the entire letter to the Galatians, which most "Christians" wrest to their destruction, as they do with all Scripture (exactly as Peter warned - 2 Peter 3:15-16). Please find it again at the following hyperlink:-

The Galatian Citation

The Gospel is the Good News Message that CHRIST brought to this world: that through His Sacrifice for our PAST sins (lawlessness/law-breaking) we had a clean slate and opportunity to keep The Law and LIVE, or continue in bondage to sin and DIE.

Matthew 5:17-20
5:17 Think NOT that I am come to destroy The Law, or the Prophets: I am NOT come to destroy, but to fulfill [to fully preach The Law (The Torah) and fulfill the prophecies about the first coming of the Messiah].
5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no way pass from The Law, till ALL be fulfilled.
5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least COMMANDments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the LEAST (the lowest of the low) in The Kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in The Kingdom of heaven.
5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall EXCEED [the righteousness] of the lawyers and politicians, ye shall in no case enter into The Kingdom of heaven.

Why would you do the exact opposite of what Christ COMMANDS and pretend as if you know what you're talking about and are somehow not working for Satan (the Opposer) whilst going AGAINST Christ? Please, for Christ's sake, if not for your own, STOP IT!

Anyone who is still breaking The Law/Commandments of God on Judgment Day counts Christ's sacrifice as NOTHING, and is going to find themselves in the Lake of Fire.

"I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
Galatians 2:21
Colossians 2:17-21
2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners (law-breakers, i.e. criminals), [is] therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid (for sin is the transgression of The Law1 John 3:4).
2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
2:19 For I through The Law am dead to The Law (the “self” MUST die, and be crucified DAILY in accordance with The LawLuke 9:23, otherwise it is IMPOSSIBLE to love one's neighbour as much or more than one's self), that I might live unto God (READ what CHRIST said in the Gospel according to Matthew, Matt. 5:17-20).
2:20 My "Self" is crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I (the "Self"), but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness [come] by The Law*, then Christ is dead in vain [Christ died in our place].

*This reference has a two-fold meaning. First, if righteousness had come by the ordinances and animal sacrifices of The Law, there would have been no need for The Lamb of God to be sacrificed for the sins of the world. Animal sacrifices, which foreshadowed “self” sacrifice, were done away with at the cross (Col. 2:14) when the priesthood was formally and forever reduced from many to ONE (Heb. 6:20).

Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Secondly, according to The Law, we all had fallen under the “Curse” or penalty clause of The Law for not keeping it (Deut. 28:15-68). The penalty for not keeping The Law is DEATH, so if righteousness had come by The Law, we would have all suffered the death penalty for our sins/lawlessness (crimes) at that time. But that does NOT mean we will not have to answer for our sins/crimes on Judgement Day (Eze. 18:4, 20, Rom. 6:23), which is why we MUST remember and return to keeping The Law (Mal. 4).

Sure, God's grace hurts those trying to live righteous lives by themselves.
Who ever said that anyone can keep The Law without God's Help and Guidance? Only WITH God's Help and Guidance can we (the spiritual-Beings/Souls incarnated inside of the human flesh we see in a mirror).

And it is only by God's Grace that any of us have been given so many second chances to come to our senses and start listening to and obeying God ONLY, as any rationally-minded individual who actually LOVES Father (God) and Christ would do.

John 14:21-24
14:21 He that hath my COMMANDments, and KEEPETH them, HE it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
14:22 Jude saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will obey my words: and my Father will love him, and We will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
14:24 He that loveth me not obeyeth not my sayings: and the Truth which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

You can pretend to keep the Law as much as you want, without the Spirit you don't belong to Him.
It's you that's pretending though, isn't it?

1 John 2:3-4
2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, IF we keep His Commandments.
2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth NOT His Commandments, is a LIAR, and the truth is NOT in him.

"Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His."
Romans 8:7‭-‬9
Amen. Keeping The Law is a foreign concept to humans, but something every spiritual-Being (Soul) can and MUST do. Hence the need to be reborn from above, as one's true, spiritual self (John 3:3-7). And how does one know they've bee "born again from above"?

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

You finish your post by saying we learn to keep the law/commandments, in fact you don't have to "learn" to keep them when you have a real fellowship with God because He's molding you and convincing you to stop living a sinful life.
Of course God teaches us. And if we learn the lessons He is teaching us, then we ought to know that we MUST obey Him to receive His Blessings, exactly as God promised and as all of the Prophets, Christ, Christ's Disciples, and the Apostles (including Paul) have said.

The closer we draw to Father (God), through obedience to Him and His Law, the closer He (Father) draws to us (James 4:8).

Acts 5:29-32
5:29 Then Peter and the [other] Apostles answered and said, WE OUGHT TO OBEY GOD RATHER THAN MEN.
5:30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
5:31 Him hath God exalted with His right hand [to be] a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
5:32 And we are His witnesses of these things; and [so is] also the Holy Spirit, WHOM GOD HATH GIVEN TO THEM THAT OBEY HIM.

No one told me I had to stop alcohol or stop listening hurtful music for the soul for exemple. Instead it's God who convinced me to quit what I had to quit and made it possible by His spirit.
ANY and ALL good in our lives came from God, THE Source of all that is good. And any evil we do comes from the Opposer (Satan), who tries to get us to disobey God, because the last thing Satan wants is for us to listen to and obey God instead of continuing to listen to and obey Satan.

It is Satan who wanted you to drink and listen to hurtful music, just as it is Satan that wants us to break God's Law, which was given to us for our benefit, to protect us from evil and to set and keep us free from sin and the oppression and injustice that comes from sin.

It is God Who showed and continues to show you what is productive and good, so that you can do those things, and also what is destructive and evil, so that you can avoid those things. And it is God, Who is showing you through Christ and through others (including me) that all of us can do better, and that all of us can keep The Law, IF we are truly reborn as our spirit-Being (Soul), realizing the carnal mind/flesh MUST be brought into total subjection to the spirit-Being/Soul, to obey God.

1 Corinthians 9:27 But I keep my body under [control], and bring [the "Self"] into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

It's way better to have a spiritual life rather than a religious life hence why Jesus said we had to worship in spirit and truth,
Agreed. Obedience to God and His Law IS Spiritual; organized religion is about keeping THEIR man-made traditions, rules, doctrines, etc., all of which make the Commandments of God of no effect.

unlike Pharisees focused on being law keepers but unable to have their inner self transformed.
You have it backwards again. The Pharisees (politicians and priests) didn't keep The Law; they only provided people with the outward appearance that they were doing that, while instead obeying and teaching their traditions (i.e. the Talmud), which make the Commandments/Law of God of no effect (Matt. 15:3-9).

John 7:19 Did not Moses give you The Law, and [yet] NONE of you keepeth The Law? Why go ye about to kill me?

Lyfe

Star
I may soon make a thread about the ministration of the law(old covenant) vs the ministration of the holy spirit(new covenant). 2 Corinthians 3 is a passage that God really used to open my eyes. Paul was always contrasting the old covenant and the law with the new covenant and the outpouring of the holy spirit. He was always emphasizing how the new covenant and the ministration of the holy spirit was superior, because in these things is the power and ability to actually impact and transform the human heart. The law did not have this ability.

The holy spirit provides more than just the power to obey God. The Bible says The Holy Spirit regenerates our hearts and makes us a new man altogether. The new man or "the new self [the regenerated and renewed nature], created in God’s image, [godlike] in the righteousness and holiness of the truth [living in a way that expresses to God your gratitude for your salvation].(Ephesians 4:24 Amplified Bible)

We truly are new creatures as offspring of the second Adam.
The new heart we receive at the moment of salvation makes us different from carnal man and the rest of the corrupted adamic masses as result from the fall. Christ did good not, because he was obligated to keep the law. He did good, because it was his very nature as the preincarnate son of God who came from heaven. It is through Christ and the new covenant that we receive the adoption as sons and become new men through the holy spirit. We become new men when God gives us a heart of flesh. Once we come to this realization then we see how futile the yoke of the law is to the person who's heart has been supernaturally regenerated by the holy spirit and been born of God.

Amplified Bible 1 John 3:9

No one who is born of God [deliberately, knowingly, and habitually] practices sin, because God’s seed [His principle of life, the essence of His righteous character] remains [permanently] in him [who is born again—who is reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, and set apart for His purpose]; and he [who is born again] cannot habitually [live a life characterized by] sin, because he is born of God and longs to please Him.

In the new covenant our righteousness is based off of Christ and what he did and not the law.

For as by the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man’s obedience the many will be made righteous. Romans 5:19

A Freeman

Superstar
Revelation 15:3 And they sing the "Song of Moses" (Old Covenant - Deut. 31) the servant of God, AND the "Song of the Lamb" (New Covenant), saying, Great and marvellous [are] Thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true [are] Thy Ways, Thou King of the holy people.

Revelation 14:1-4
14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the Mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty [and] four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many "waters", and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
14:3 And they sung as it were a New Song (Isaiah 42:10) before the Throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that "Song" except the hundred [and] forty [and] four thousand, which were redeemed from the Earth.
14:4 These are they which were not corrupted by women; for they are pure. These are they which follow the Lamb wheresoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, [being] the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb (obeying God NOT women).

Deuteronomy 31:19 Now therefore write ye this "Song" for you, and teach it the children of Israel: put it in their mouths, that this "Song" (Covenant) may be a witness for Me against the children of Israel.

Unless someone learns the NEW SONG, i.e. the "Song of Moses" (Old Covenant - Deut. 31) the servant of God, AND the "Song of the Lamb" (New Covenant), which are in PERFECT HARMONY with one another, they will NOT be among those who are redeemed from the Earth, according to Christ in His Revelation.

Lyfe

Star
Paul was very clear.

1 Timothy 1:8-11

8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;
9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

Romans 8:1-4

8 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.[a] 2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you[b] free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. 3 For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin,[c] he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Galatians 5:13-18

English Standard Version

13 For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 14 For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 But if you bite and devour one another, watch out that you are not consumed by one another.

16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Philippians 3:2-9

Amplified Bible

2 Look out for the [a]dogs [the Judaizers, the legalists], look out for the troublemakers, look out for the [b]false circumcision [those who claim circumcision is necessary for salvation]; 3 for we [who are born-again have been reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, set apart for His purpose and] are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and glory and take pride and exult in Christ Jesus and place no confidence [in what we have or who we are] in the flesh— 4 though I myself might have [some grounds for] confidence in the flesh [if I were pursuing salvation by works]. If anyone else thinks that he has reason to be confident in the flesh [that is, in his own efforts to achieve salvation], I have far more: 5 circumcised when I was eight days old, of the nation of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews [an exemplary Hebrew]; as to the [observance of the] Law, a Pharisee; 6 as to my zeal [for Jewish tradition], a persecutor of the church; and as to righteousness [supposed right living] which [my fellow Jews believe] is in the Law, I proved myself blameless.
7 But whatever former things were gains to me [as I thought then], these things [once regarded as advancements in merit] I have come to consider as loss [absolutely worthless] for the sake of Christ [and the purpose which He has given my life]. 8 But more than that, I count everything as loss compared to the priceless privilege and supreme advantage of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord [and of growing more deeply and thoroughly acquainted with Him—a joy unequaled]. For His sake I have lost everything, and I consider it all garbage, so that I may gain Christ, 9 and may be found in Him [believing and relying on Him], not having any righteousness of my own derived from [my obedience to] the Law and its rituals, but [possessing] that [genuine righteousness] which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith.

A Freeman

Superstar
Only people who don't know or hate Christ, and enjoy sinning/doing the devil's work, would argue for sin and against God and His Law, pretending that Paul somehow did away with The Law. Paul had absolutely no authority to do away with ANY of God's Laws, nor did Paul ever attempt to do so.

John 14:15 If ye love me, KEEP my COMMANDments.

1 John 2:3-4
2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, IF we keep His Commandments.
2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth NOT His Commandments, is a LIAR, and the truth is NOT in him.

Christ's Commandments/Law = God's Commandments/Law

John 7:16-17
7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but His that sent me.
7:17 If any man will do His will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or [whether] I speak of myself.

Only in a lunatic asylum could people believe they are doing God a service by attacking His Perfect Law of Liberty and attempting to con others into disobeying God, which God has warned WILL result in eternal damnation in The Fire.

Matthew 13:40-42, 49-50
13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in The Fire; so SHALL it be in the end of this world.
13:41 The Son of Man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his Kingdom ALL things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
13:42 And SHALL cast them into a furnace of Fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

13:49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
13:50 And SHALL cast them into the Furnace of Fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Lyfe

Star
No genuinely born again Christian enjoys sin. In fact it's statements like that which only demonstrate your failure to understand the new covenant and how salvation works.

Romans 6:1-7 Amplified Bible

6 What shall we say [to all this]? Should we continue in sin and practice sin as a habit so that [God’s gift of] [a]grace may increase and overflow? 2 Certainly not! How can we, the very ones who died to sin, continue to live in it any longer? 3 Or are you ignorant of the fact that all of us who have been [b]baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4 We have therefore been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory and power of the Father, we too might walk habitually in newness of life [abandoning our old ways]. 5 For if we have become one with Him [permanently united] in the likeness of His death, we will also certainly be [one with Him and share fully] in the likeness of His resurrection. 6 We know that our old [c]self [our human nature without the Holy Spirit] was nailed to the cross with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin. 7 For the person who has died [with Christ] has been freed from [the power of] sin.

All you have been doing is preaching another gospel. Your pointing others to the law and not preaching the actual gospel of Jesus Christ. You don't understand the new covenant.

A Freeman

Superstar
No genuinely born again Christian enjoys sin.
According to Scripture, no genuinely born again believer COMMITS sin.

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 5:17-19
5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.
5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is adopted by God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
5:19 [And] we know that we are of God, and the WHOLE world LIETH in wickedness.

In fact it's statements like that which only demonstrate your failure to understand the new covenant and how salvation works.
Did Christ not warn us that we will all be judged according to our works (Matt. 16:27)? Did Christ not tell us The Law will NEVER pass away (Matt. 5:18)? Did Christ not tell us that IF we love Him then we should keep the Commandments (John 14:15)? Did Christ not tell us that those who not with Him are AGAINST Him (Matt. 12:30)?

Anyone who teaches the opposite of Christ is AGAINST Christ, and is teaching a different Gospel than Christ teaches, whether they realize it or not. Christ COMMANDS us to keep The Law, that we have graciously been given the past 2000 years to start doing. That is the Gospel Truth.

Romans 6:1-7 Amplified Bible

6 What shall we say [to all this]? Should we continue in sin and practice sin as a habit so that [God’s gift of] [a]grace may increase and overflow? 2 Certainly not! How can we, the very ones who died to sin, continue to live in it any longer? 3 Or are you ignorant of the fact that all of us who have been [b]baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4 We have therefore been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory and power of the Father, we too might walk habitually in newness of life [abandoning our old ways]. 5 For if we have become one with Him [permanently united] in the likeness of His death, we will also certainly be [one with Him and share fully] in the likeness of His resurrection. 6 We know that our old [c]self [our human nature without the Holy Spirit] was nailed to the cross with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin. 7 For the person who has died [with Christ] has been freed from [the power of] sin.
Romans 6:1-7 from the King of kings' Bible:-
6:1 What shall we say then? SHALL WE CONTINUE IN SIN*, THAT GRACE MAY ABOUND?
6:2 GOD FORBID. How shall we, that are dead to sin**, live any longer therein?
6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as are baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also [in the likeness] of [his] resurrection:
6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], THAT THE BODY OF SIN MIGHT BE DESTROYED, THAT HENCEFORTH, WE SHOULD NOT SERVE SIN***.
6:7 For he (the "Self") that is dead is freed from sin.

*SIN IS THE TRANSGRESSION OF THE LAW (1 John 3:4)

**The wages of sin are DEATH (Rom. 6:23).

***The ONLY Way to destroy sin is to keep The Law, exactly as Christ teaches (Matt. 10:38, Mark 8:34, Luke 9:23, Luke 14:26-27)

Luke 9:23-25
9:23 And he said to [them] all, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
9:24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.
9:25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?

Luke 14:26-27
14:26 If any [man] come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own (human) life also, he can NOT be my disciple.
14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, can NOT be my disciple.

Paul said the same thing:-

Galatians 2:20 My "Self" is crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I (the "Self"), but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

All you have been doing is preaching another gospel.
No, that's what YOU are doing. You don't even seem to know the difference between the Gospel that Christ (THE One and Only Teacher/Mediator/Good Shepherd/High Priest) brought to us and the letters of Paul (Christ's student), which you obviously don't understand and thus incessantly wrest, in a vain attempt to con others into believing Paul allegedly contradicted Christ when Christ said The Law will NEVER pass away.

Your pointing others to the law and not preaching the actual gospel of Jesus Christ. You don't understand the new covenant.
As above please. It's YOU who are contradicting Christ, and what Christ taught and said throughout the Gospel accounts. The New Covenant has the same terms and conditions as the Old Covenant, exactly as it says in Scripture, where the New Covenant is literally defined as The Law being written in our hearts and minds so that we keep it and NEVER again forget it (see Jer. 31:31-34, Heb. 8:7-12, Heb. 10:16-17).

Last edited:

Lyfe

Star
According to Scripture, no genuinely born again believer COMMITS sin.

1 John 5:17-19
5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.
5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is adopted by God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
5:19 [And] we know that we are of God, and the WHOLE world LIETH in wickedness.

Did Christ not warn us that we will all be judged according to our works (Matt. 16:27)? Did Christ not tell us The Law will NEVER pass away (Matt. 5:18)? Did Christ not tell us that IF we love Him then we should keep the Commandments (John 14:15)? Did Christ not tell us that those who not with Him are AGAINST Him (Matt. 12:30)?

Anyone who teaches the opposite of Christ is AGAINST Christ, and is teaching a different Gospel than Christ teaches, whether they realize it or not. Christ COMMANDS us to keep The Law, that we have graciously been given the past 2000 years to start doing. That is the Gospel Truth.

Romans 6:1-7 from the King of kings' Bible:-
6:1 What shall we say then? SHALL WE CONTINUE IN SIN*, THAT GRACE MAY ABOUND?
6:2 GOD FORBID. How shall we, that are dead to sin**, live any longer therein?
6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as are baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also [in the likeness] of [his] resurrection:
6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], THAT THE BODY OF SIN MIGHT BE DESTROYED, THAT HENCEFORTH, WE SHOULD NOT SERVE SIN***.
6:7 For he (the "Self") that is dead is freed from sin.

*SIN IS THE TRANSGRESSION OF THE LAW (1 John 3:4)

**The wages of sin are DEATH (Rom. 6:23).

***The ONLY Way to destroy sin is to keep The Law, exactly as Christ teaches (Matt. 10:38, Mark 8:34, Luke 9:23, Luke 14:26-27)

Luke 9:23-25
9:23 And he said to [them] all, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
9:24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.
9:25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?

Luke 14:26-27
14:26 If any [man] come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own (human) life also, he can NOT be my disciple.
14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, can NOT be my disciple.

Paul said the same thing:-

Galatians 2:20 My "Self" is crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I (the "Self"), but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

No, that's what YOU are doing. You don't even seem to know the difference between the Gospel that Christ (THE One and Only Teacher/Mediator/Good Shepherd/High Priest) brought to us and the letters of Paul (Christ's student), which you obviously don't understand and thus incessantly wrest, in a vain attempt to con others into believing Paul allegedly contradicted Christ when Christ said The Law will NEVER pass away.

As above please. It's YOU who are contradicting Christ, and what Christ taught and said throughout the Gospel accounts. The New Covenant has the same terms and conditions as the Old Covenant, exactly as it says in Scripture, where the New Covenant is literally defined as The Law being written in our hearts and minds so that we keep it and NEVER again forget it (see Jer. 31:31-34, Heb. 8:7-12, Heb. 10:16-17).
The difference between you and me is that' Im not looking to be justified by The Law. It's actually God who justifies(scripture) and that is apart from The Law. It doesn't depend on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy(scripture).

I acknowledge that I sin and hence the reason why I need Christ.

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:18

You on the other hand aren't even allowed to confess to having sin without undermining your interpretation. If you did acknowledge to having sin then you would be forced to also acknowledge that you are one of the people(you point your finger at) who don't know acctually know Christ. I haven't met a single person who says we need to keep the law that acctually keeps it themselves. Not one. When I ask them if they keep the law they can't respond, because they know they stand guilty and come to the realization that the same law they are trying to impose only condemns them. How many sins did you commit this week? If any then I suppose that would also mean you don't know God and are bound for destruction.

What will happen to you when you judge yourself according to your own interpretation? Your trying to rebuild what was torn down in Christ and making yourself a transgressor in the process(scripture). The law records your sin.

For even those who are circumcised do not themselves keep the law, but they desire to have you circumcised that they may boast in your flesh. Galatians 6:13

I hope for your sake you didn't commit many sins this week. It would be ironic for your own interpretation of scripture to point out how you don't know Christ.

Lyfe

Star
'Peace' is one of the first things to depart from a society that embraces evil and rebels against God. The Bible acctually speaks of a time when "peace" shall be taken from the earth. In the old testament the nation of Israel had a history that was largely defined by people who chose their own ways and rejected God's word. God had finally given the Israelites over to their ways and as a result "no flesh" had peace.

The truth is that Jesus is the only one who can give the human soul rest and peace(through the indwelling holy spirit). He said that he gives peace, but not as the world does. The peace and feeling of contentment that he gives doesn't depend on going to a bar or a club or the constant immersion of entertainment, because it is inner and goes with someone wherever they go. In a world of growing darkness this peace will be the most valuable commodity that someone can have. The only source of true peace is Christ (the prince of peace) through the holy spirit. He is the well of living waters that the weary and restless soul must come to in order to be made whole and to feel alive again.

Do not get drunk with wine, for that is wickedness (corruption, stupidity), but be filled with the [Holy] Spirit and constantly guided by Him. Ephesians 5:18

Such hope [in God’s promises] never disappoints us, because God’s love has been abundantly poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. Romans 5:5

It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh conveys no benefit [it is of no account]. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and life [providing eternal life]. John 6:63

for the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking [what one likes], but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. Romans 14:17

Galatians 5:22-23
Amplified Bible
22 But the fruit of the Spirit [the result of His presence within us] is love [unselfish concern for others], joy, [inner] peace, patience [not the ability to wait, but how we act while waiting], kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.

John 7:38-39
Amplified Bible
38 He who believes in Me [who adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Me], as the Scripture has said, ‘From his innermost being will flow continually rivers of living water.’” 39 But He was speaking of the [Holy] Spirit, whom those who believed in Him [as Savior] were to receive afterward. The Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified (raised to honor).

Lyfe

Star
If we don't place any value on the love and acceptance of God then it can only be, because we don't acctually know him. We were created to know and walk with God. People always ask what the meaning of life is. That's it. It's really that simple, yet people want to complicate it and dedicate their time and energy to pursuing money, achievements, pleasure, and status. How many of these celebrities have all those things yet still openly speak about their depression? That depression comes from being deceived and coming to find out that the grass isn't greener on the other side. It comes from not knowing or having a connection to God.

2 Timothy 2:19
Amplified Bible
Nevertheless, the firm foundation of God [which He has laid] stands [sure and unshaken despite attacks], bearing this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of the Lord stand apart from wickedness and withdraw from wrongdoing.”

Galatians 4:8-9
Amplified Bible
8 But at that time, when you did not know [the true] God and were unacquainted with Him, you [Gentiles] were slaves to those [pagan] things which by [their very] nature were not and could not be gods at all. 9 Now, however, since you have come to know [the true] God [through personal experience], or rather to be known by God, how is it that you are turning back again to the weak and worthless elemental principles [of religions and philosophies], to which you want to be enslaved all over again?

Revelation 3:18-19
Amplified Bible
18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold that has been heated red hot and refined by fire so that you may become truly rich; and white clothes [representing righteousness] to clothe yourself so that the shame of your nakedness will not be seen; and healing salve to put on your eyes so that you may see. 19 Those whom I [dearly and tenderly] love, I rebuke and discipline [showing them their faults and instructing them]; so be enthusiastic and repent [change your inner self—your old way of thinking, your sinful behavior—seek God’s will].(A)

Romans 8:5-9
Amplified Bible
5 For those who are living according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh [which gratify the body], but those who are living according to the Spirit, [set their minds on] the things of the Spirit [His will and purpose]. 6 Now the mind of the flesh is death [both now and forever—because it pursues sin]; but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace [the spiritual well-being that comes from walking with God—both now and forever]; 7 the mind of the flesh [with its sinful pursuits] is actively hostile to God. It does not submit itself to God’s law, since it cannot, 8 and those who are in the flesh [living a life that caters to sinful appetites and impulses] cannot please God.

9 However, you are not [living] in the flesh [controlled by the sinful nature] but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God lives in you [directing and guiding you]. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him [and is not a child of God].

Lyfe

Star
We live in a fallen world that was subjected to deviation from God's original design. This life is a dot in contrast to the endless line of eternity. We are born in sin and called to repent and turn to Christ so that we may have in inheritance in a new heavens and earth(that God's word promises). Christ came to rescue man from death and the penalty for sin. Once we look at reality through the lens of scripture we begin to understand that everything we have come to know and experience all around us is temporal and doesn't bear witness to our true condition. Christ came to tell man that the only way their connection to God can be restored is through him. He told man that unless they repent and turn to him they would die in their sin and eternally perish.

Lyfe

Star
Christ spoke of 'fullness of life' within himself, but if we examine all the scripture then it's quite evident that this state of being is completely dependent on our coming out of the world and abiding in him. This is why the churches fail so many and don't acctually function in a way that leads to the healing and sustained well being of people(and their soul). Churches no longer call their congregations out of the world or teach them how to live in the spirit. If we fail to make mention of the call to abide in Christ and come out of the world( to be set apart) we should only expect to see beat down and depressed individuals who remain in the same condition that they were before they sought out divine help. There are many people who will tell you that they haven't felt alive in years. The truth is that God heals and regenerates the human heart(by the power of the holy spirit) when a person gives their life to Christ and receives adoption(becomes born again). He saves them through the washing and regeneration of the holy spirit and also by the cleansing of their soul and spirit with the blood of Christ. This abundant life Christ spoke of is dependant on how much one sows to spirit(as they are prompted to). If we don't abide in Christ we wither and dry up(as scripture says) We are told not to quench and grieve the holy spirit. We are also told that the world chokes the life out of the very seeds that God would use to heal and sustain us. We can only come to feel alive again when we abide in Christ and come out of the world, because it's when this happens that the holy spirit begins to well up within us and start yielding his life giving fruit within our souls. We can start to experience life and unexplainable joy and wholeness as we were intended to as God's elect children.

Titus 3:4-6
Amplified Bible
4 But when the goodness and kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared [in human form as the Man, Jesus Christ], 5 He saved us, not because of any works of righteousness that we have done, but because of His own compassion and mercy, by the cleansing of the new birth (spiritual transformation, regeneration) and renewing by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom He poured out richly upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior,

Galatians 5:22-25
Amplified Bible
22 But the fruit of the Spirit [the result of His presence within us] is love [unselfish concern for others], joy, [inner] peace, patience [not the ability to wait, but how we act while waiting], kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the [a]sinful nature together with its passions and appetites.

25 If we [claim to] live by the [Holy] Spirit, we must also walk by the Spirit [with personal integrity, godly character, and moral courage—our conduct empowered by the Holy Spirit].

In him was life; and the life was the light of men. John 1:4

For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself. John 5:26

Lyfe

Star
...only a person who's heart and eyes have been opened by the holy spirit can truly perceive the absolute need there is to always bear witness to Christ and to the word of God. It is through the work of the holy spirit that a person can now acctually see the spiritual darkness that they once lived in and how it's still holding most of the world hostage. He is given the understanding that the multitudes of souls all around them are still dead in sin and bound for destruction(hell and eternal separation from God) unless they come to the knowledge of the truth and receive adoption into God's kingdom (through repentance and faith in Christ). This was the message of the cross that got the early disciples killed. They proclaimed that a man's only hope was to renounce their ungodly way of living and turn to Christ for the remission of their sin and for the gift of the holy spirit. We cannot walk with God or know him apart from the holy spirit. We cannot be delivered and freed from sin(and its power to influence our thoughts, mind, and actions) without the indwelling holy spirit. We are not children of God nor do our names get recorded in the book of life without the holy spirit.

John 3:3
Amplified Bible
3 Jesus answered him, “I assure you and most solemnly say to you, unless a person is born again [reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, sanctified], he cannot [ever] see and experience the kingdom of God.”

John 3:6-7
Amplified Bible
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh [the physical is merely physical], and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not be surprised that I have told you, ‘You must be born again [reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, sanctified].’

For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” is the One who has shone in our hearts to give us the Light of the knowledge of the glory and majesty of God [clearly revealed] in the face of Christ. 2 Corinthians 4:6

1 John 5:19-20
Amplified Bible
19 We know [for a fact] that we are of God, and the whole world [around us] lies in the power of the evil one [opposing God and His precepts]. 20 And we [have seen and] know [by personal experience] that the Son of God has [actually] come [to this world], and has given us understanding and insight so that we may [progressively and personally] know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true—in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

A Freeman

Superstar
...only a person who's heart and eyes have been opened by the holy spirit can truly perceive the absolute need there is to always bear witness to Christ and to the word of God.
Acts 5:32 And we are His witnesses of these things; and [so is] also the Holy Spirit, whom God hath given to them that OBEY Him.

Exodus 20:6 And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love [and obey] Me, and KEEP My Commandments.

John 14:15 If ye love me, KEEP my COMMANDments.