Impeach!!!! Mueller fall out

Thunderian

Superstar
Yes.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5d385f32e4b004b6adb909d2

“The “Office of Legal Counsel indicates that we cannot indict a sitting president, so one of the tools that a prosecutor would use is not there,” Mueller said.

“We made a decision not to decide whether to prosecute or not,” Mueller continued.”

https://www.vox.com/2019/7/24/20708535/robert-mueller-testimony-trump-indict-office

“During Robert Mueller’s testimony in front of the House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday, Rep. Ken Buck (R-CO) asked Mueller if he could indict the president on obstruction charges.

The former special counsel’s answer was simple: “Yes.”
You realize that Mueller stated that he could, and could not, have indicted Trump?

justjess

Superstar

Here’s a list of statements Mueller affirmed as accurate:
Russia engaged in a sweeping and systematic effort to influence the 2016 election.
Russia reached out to the Trump campaign as they were trying to accomplish this.
The Trump campaign welcomed help from Russia.
Donald Trump Jr. said the campaign would “love” dirt on Hillary Clinton provided by Russia.
Trump called on Russia to hack Clinton’s emails.
Trump praised Russia’s release of the Democratic emails hacked by WikiLeaks.
Trump’s campaign based a messaging strategy around the hacked materials.
Members of the Trump campaign were trying to enrich themselves personally during the campaign and transition.
Paul Manafort was trying to achieve debt forgiveness from a Russia oligarch.
Michael Flynn was trying to make money from Turkey.
Trump was trying to make money from a Trump Tower in Moscow.
Numerous Trump associates lied about this, including Flynn, Manafort, Rick Gates, Michael Cohen, and George Papadopolous.
Manafort encouraged others to lie.
Mueller’s investigation was not a “witch hunt,” as Trump has claimed.
Russian interference was not a “hoax,” as Trump has claimed.
Russia wanted Trump to win the election.
Russia informed Trump campaign officials of this intention.
Russia committed federal crimes in order to help Trump win.
The Trump campaign lied to cover up their dealings with Russia during the campaign.”

The Zone

Star
He was struggling to remember key points of his report all day long, so much so, that the MSM is saying it was a disaster. I actually felt bad for him to a degree but if he is the head of the FBI, I am truly worried. I think Trump will lighten the sentences on those prosecuted in time. Also, in this country, you are still innocent until proven guilty and that goes for a blowhard like Trump. The point is not that he was not 100% cleared, but that there is no evidence bad enough to prosecute. When you go to court, you are guilty or innocent - that is the way it is. There is no verdict saying he was not 100% cleared of wrongdoing in an investigation.

The poor man did not want to be there, but the dems insisted on making this their big play instead of grooming their own candidates. Still, unlike many, I will never think Trump is a lock to win again in an upside-down world. If Trump had a filter, he'd be dominating the election, but... BTW, he stumbled saying he was not familiar with Fusion GPS.

BTW, in report 2, the New York slanted Times and Washington post were mentioned to a degree it was clear to see partisanship, look it up.

Also, a guy who lied three times to the FBI was let off, yet others were taken to the cleaners. The origin of this investigation is a joke. The FBI has never spied on two citizens in the history of the US. 500 interviews later, tons of money spent and the dems now want Ivancas (sp) emails.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
I don’t know how much of that was struggling to remember vs stubborn adherence to the parameters he gave prior to even giving his testimony. Or some sort of cocky insistence that he’s above the whole thing and only needed to give his report, end of.

Why would he be the head of the fbi? That’s a fake news story meant to discredit him.

Apparantly there’s no verdict at all if your the sitting president. I think that’s the main takeaway here. And it is what it is. But to deny that trump behaved in compromising ways throughout all of this is taking it to another level. It’s clear as day he did.

Whether that’s a criminal matter or not is beside the point. The president of the United States has massive responsibility and power, that is supposed to come with heightened accountability - as it does for anyone with even a fraction of it. Accountability and criminality are separate issues.

For what it’s worth I think at this point the whole matter should be dropped - not because there’s nothing to pursue, but because pursuing it isn’t helping or accomplishing anything. No one wants an impeachment and even if trump was removed from office ( would never happen ) it would only make matters worse.

Thunderian

Superstar
For what it’s worth I think at this point the whole matter should be dropped - not because there’s nothing to pursue, but because pursuing it isn’t helping or accomplishing anything. No one wants an impeachment and even if trump was removed from office ( would never happen ) it would only make matters worse.
Amen.

A.J.

Star
At this point I want them to keep pursuing it. I’m enjoying how all the abuse of power, double standards, hypocrisy, weaponizing of agencies, strong arming, and overall evil intent of those trying to take down a duly elected president continues to play out

Swiftturtle

Established
Barr and Trump can do the declass card whenever they want, that should make everyone consider why they haven’t. They keep letting this show go on, so on the back end, their analytics & polling have to show the wearing down of previous supporters of the investigation. Also, it absolutely charges up the ‘victim’ narrative the longer it goes, and congress not getting anything done bc of it. I think he’s letting them exhaust every avenue so support for the investigation continues fall, then he does declass and says “see? Now look at what they haven’t accomplished bc they’ve so desperately chased me- they don’t care about working for the American ppl”.
Also, don’t forget that the Gang of 8 have seen the FISA. When we see it, and know what the gang of 8 knew, then what? And, no one mentions that a lot of MSM have seen the redacted FISA bc a top IC guy that was sleeping with a reporter (she was NYT & buzzfeed, I think?) sent her photos of each page. He’s already been found guilty- none of that was ever in the news. They changed the date on the copies they gave to the few that saw it, so they’d know who the leaker was if redacted info was published. So, if he’s letting MSM tell ppl for years that he’s definitely guilty, then we see the FISA and know they knew what was in it? What will the usual defenders of MSM think? I betcha that story of the leak that was never in the news will suddenly be in a few tweets...

A.J.

Star
Barr and Trump can do the declass card whenever they want, that should make everyone consider why they haven’t. They keep letting this show go on, so on the back end, their analytics & polling have to show the wearing down of previous supporters of the investigation. Also, it absolutely charges up the ‘victim’ narrative the longer it goes, and congress not getting anything done bc of it. I think he’s letting them exhaust every avenue so support for the investigation continues fall, then he does declass and says “see? Now look at what they haven’t accomplished bc they’ve so desperately chased me- they don’t care about working for the American ppl”.
Also, don’t forget that the Gang of 8 have seen the FISA. When we see it, and know what the gang of 8 knew, then what? And, no one mentions that a lot of MSM have seen the redacted FISA bc a top IC guy that was sleeping with a reporter (she was NYT & buzzfeed, I think?) sent her photos of each page. He’s already been found guilty- none of that was ever in the news. They changed the date on the copies they gave to the few that saw it, so they’d know who the leaker was if redacted info was published. So, if he’s letting MSM tell ppl for years that he’s definitely guilty, then we see the FISA and know they knew what was in it? What will the usual defenders of MSM think? I betcha that story of the leak that was never in the news will suddenly be in a few tweets...
Why do you think Trump hasn’t? What will happen if Barr finally does? It doesn’t sound like Trump hasn’t wanted to does it?

Trump has been telling everyone he’s innocent and for this he is accused of obstruction

justjess

Superstar
Why do you think Trump hasn’t? What will happen if Barr finally does? It doesn’t sound like Trump hasn’t wanted to does it?

Trump has been telling everyone he’s innocent and for this he is accused of obstruction
Well that’s not why he was accused of obstruction and I’m not sure why you’d think it was

Thunderian

Superstar
At this point I want them to keep pursuing it. I’m enjoying how all the abuse of power, double standards, hypocrisy, weaponizing of agencies, strong arming, and overall evil intent of those trying to take down a duly elected president continues to play out
The smartest thing for the left to do is shut up, but the most entertaining thing would be for them to pursue Trump as they have.

Impeachment would be awesome, if only for Trump’s deposition. There’d be no Clintonian parsing of the definition of the word “is”. He’d make them look like the fools they are.

Impeachment would be awesome, if only for Trump’s deposition. There’d be no Clintonian parsing of the definition of the word “is”. He’d make them look like the fools they are.
He’d perjure himself in the first two minutes, everything he has ever said is a lie.

Swiftturtle

Established

I think the FISA hasn’t been released yet bc this has always been the way he plays:
“Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake” N. Bonaparte

A.J.

Star
I think the FISA hasn’t been released yet bc this has always been the way he plays:
“Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake” N. Bonaparte
I don’t think he’s that smart, his hands are tied, too many big names to protect...

He told Barr to release them. He has yet to do so. Trump is fighting a deep swamp on both sides. Where was the GOP when this was going down? Nobody wants this exposed.... Obama is untouchable. He walks on water and shits ice cream

Last edited:

A.J.

Star
Well that’s not why he was accused of obstruction and I’m not sure why you’d think it was
Cause he’s impulsive and he knows this was political. He was reacting to all the heat. If you were innocent of what you were accused based on shoddy evidence (opposition research - say it’s your greatest enemy who is the false accuser) and the people investigating are leaking to other mutual enemies) and leading you on saying you are not the target) keeping you from doing what you were elected to do.... wouldn’t you go on the offensive? That’s what they are considering obstruction.....

Let me ask you, on what basis was this investigation opened?

On a side note, I never even knew Russia was such a major enemy and threat in the first place... who are these “Russians” anyway? I still don’t see a link. This is such a vague pursuit. What exactly was the crime? The accusation? Specifically.....

justjess

Superstar
Being impulsive isnt a defense to a crime. If it was 75% of people in prison wouldn’t be sitting there.

He is a billionaire. He literally has an army of lawyers at his fingertips. Ignorance of the law isn’t an excuse either.

The issue is trump has spent his whole life tiptoeing around the limits of the law and has gotten away with it. He had no reason not to do the same thing in his political career.

He would have won without help from Russia, there was no reason for it. He welcomed it anyway because he thinks he’s above those limits - and as it turns out he was right. Who knew?

At this point it is what it is. The democrats should refocus their efforts on repealing the policy that allows presidents to be criminals so this isn’t repeated ever again.

Russia influenced our election. That is an indisputable fact. To what purpose? Idk. Tit for tat or just to prove they could. Does it matter? We should be doubling down on electoral security but we aren’t for some odd reason. That should be concerning even if you think trump is 10000% innocent.

A.J.

Star
1. RUSSIAGATE WITHOUT RUSSIA
2. RUSSIAGATE’S PREDICATE LED NOWHERE
3. SERGEY KISLYAK HAD “BRIEF AND NON-SUBSTANTIVE” INTERACTIONS WITH THE TRUMP CAMP
4. TRUMP TOWER MOSCOW HAD NO HELP FROM MOSCOW…

5. …AND TRUMP DIDN’T ASK COHEN TO LIE ABOUT IT
6. THE TRUMP TOWER MEETING REALLY WAS JUST A “WASTE OF TIME”
7. MANAFORT DID NOT SHARE POLLING DATA TO MEDDLE IN THE US ELECTION
8. THE STEELE DOSSIER WAS FICTION
9. THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN HAD NO SECRET CHANNEL TO WIKILEAKS
10. THERE WAS NO COVER-UP
.... this article is from a legit progressive, a legit reporter....
https://www.thenation.com/article/russiagate-trump-mueller-report-no-collusion/

Rolling Stone? Their case is pretty shallow

A.J.

Star
Being impulsive isnt a defense to a crime. If it was 75% of people in prison wouldn’t be sitting there.

He is a billionaire. He literally has an army of lawyers at his fingertips. Ignorance of the law isn’t an excuse either.

The issue is trump has spent his whole life tiptoeing around the limits of the law and has gotten away with it. He had no reason not to do the same thing in his political career.

He would have won without help from Russia, there was no reason for it. He welcomed it anyway because he thinks he’s above those limits - and as it turns out he was right. Who knew?

At this point it is what it is. The democrats should refocus their efforts on repealing the policy that allows presidents to be criminals so this isn’t repeated ever again.

Russia influenced our election. That is an indisputable fact. To what purpose? Idk. Tit for tat or just to prove they could. Does it matter? We should be doubling down on electoral security but we aren’t for some odd reason. That should be concerning even if you think trump is 10000% innocent.
Obama & Clinton make him look like a Boy Scout...there was no precedent for this ..... completely political deep state take down attempt