Ignore Alert

The Zone

Star
Matthew 18
“If your brother sins, go and show him his fault when the two of you are alone. If he listens to you, you have regained your brother. 16But if he does not listen, take one or two others with you, so that at the testimony of two or three witnesses every matter may be established. 17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. If he refuses to listen to the church, treat him like a Gentile or a tax collector.

18“I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will have been bound in heaven, and whatever you release on earth will have been released in heaven. 19Again, I tell you the truth, if two of you on earth agree about whatever you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you. 20For where two or three are assembled in my name, I am there among them.”

21Then Peter came to him and said, “Lord, how many times must I forgive my brother who sins against me? As many as seven times?” 22Jesus said to him, “Not seven times, I tell you, but seven times seventy!
Forgiveness does not mean accepting what they did or will continue to do. It also does not mean staying in a relationship or in touch with them if they are hurting you or others. It does not mean remaining friends or accepting their sin . It does mean completely liberating them from guilt and condemnation in your heart. It does mean having no ill feelings towards them. It does mean you refuse to harbor their mistakes deep within your wounded heart.

I can forgive until infinity and beyond. But that does not mean I want to continue to see a persons bad behavior nor be a part of it. So, perhaps I should have worded another post better. I fully forgive her in my heart, but I cannot willingly keep putting myself on the same road as her behavior.

Last edited:

rainerann

Star
It's like dealing with an addict. You can fogive an addict, but that doesn't mean that you should trust an addict with 10 dollars unless they are able to prove that they have stopped using.

Forgiveness and enabling bad behavior are two different things. Enabling bad behavior hurts someone's chance of recovery more than it helps it.

This is why scripture allows us to cut a person off as though they were a tax collector if they refuse to listen.

At a certain point, if a person refuses to listen, then we are just enabling their bad behavior if we don't.

Carolyn

Star
Honestly, it just pisses me of and I feel its a total cop out, lazy arse excuse when people just quote from the bible, use your own words and thoughts, not ones from a book that really you have no idea where or who those words really originally came from, all you are doing is using other peoples words and interpreting them to suit your own purpose. You dont know the real intent behind those words, just as much as people don't when they try and interpret song lyrics!!

Only difference is you are more likely to have the person who wrote the lyrics still alive to explain the real meaning behind them and yet still you might not fully get the meaning. The thoughts behind someone elses words are subjective!!

Camidria

Veteran
Honestly, it just pisses me of and I feel its a total cop out, lazy arse excuse when people just quote from the bible, use your own words and thoughts, not ones from a book that really you have no idea where or who those words really originally came from, all you are doing is using other peoples words and interpreting them to suit your own purpose. You dont know the real intent behind those words, just as much as people don't when they try and interpret song lyrics!!

Only difference is you are more likely to have the person who wrote the lyrics still alive to explain the real meaning behind them and yet still you might not fully get the meaning. The thoughts behind someone else’s words are subjective!!
Sometimes when you use your own words and you are not face to face with a person the body language that goes with what you say are misinterpreted. Our communication is 97% body language and tone of voice and 3% words. With this sensitive topic it's really hard to say something on here and be truly understood.

We are all different and some of us has more capacity than others in different areas of life....

I know the meaning behind those words because when I was in a space where it felt like everyone was against me and people are hurting me, those words burned heavily in my heart, I was furiously angry with those words and lashed out at them as soon as they came into my head. In the state that I was back then there was no way ever I would have thought of forgiving people when they hurt me. I was angry at any and all rejection, and whenever I was having a pity party by myself about how people hurt me - these words would burn inside my spirit - they made me extremely angry. Then the Lord would talk and explain situations to me that lead people to reject me, He gave me the back story of why things were happening, yes in my anger I would all of a sudden know what happened that caused situations of rejection.

These types of things went on for years with me, until it clicked and I truly understood grace. Now you can take this experience of mine and make what you want with it, but this was my experience... I KNOW the context!!!

Camidria

Veteran
When the author of the Bible keeps pressing certain scriptures on your heart, there is a point where you understand and learn the context of that scripture. You also cannot slander my experiences and tell me I'm delirious, you have not been in my shoes, you have not walked my path, you don't know me, don't know the pain I've been through in my life and the answers that came out of nowhere....

Carolyn

Star
Doesn't matter how you word it or dress it up, its still "your" interpretation of other peoples words from a book that was written by multiple people a long time ago about other people that they might not have known. I dont see how the bible can be any more truthful than any other book from that time or any other time for that matter.

JoChris

Superstar
Doesn't matter how you word it or dress it up, its still "your" interpretation of other peoples words from a book that was written by multiple people a long time ago about other people that they might not have known. I dont see how the bible can be any more truthful than any other book from that time or any other time for that matter.
This is a good topic for the religion/spirituality section.
Christians do understand what Camidria is saying.
The bible can be interpreted in many different ways by different people.
In real life witnesses can see a crime occur and all be correct, despite their words showing different levels of education, stages of life experience, age groups etc. People will notice some details more than others. That doesn't make any of them wrong UNTIL they start contradicting each other/ actual physical evidence etc.

JoChris

Superstar

Only difference is you are more likely to have the person who wrote the lyrics still alive to explain the real meaning behind them and yet still you might not fully get the meaning. The thoughts behind someone elses words are subjective!!
That is why bible scholarship and research is so important. There is a lot of objective evidence to support historical claims. Proving the reliability and accuracy of the bible is a major part of serious Christian Apologetics.

JoChris

Superstar
And on a totally unrelated topic: how is your accommodation situation going Carolyn?

Carolyn

Star
Ah it doesn't seem to be going anywhere, just wish it was all sorted tbh been waiting to hear back about a possibility since last week but still nothing. Kinda fed up with it all tbh was ill last week with a really bad couch, lot better now but am totally exhausted.

Camidria

Veteran
Good luck with that, I really hope that you guys get a good place to stay soon!

Carolyn

Star
Ah it doesn't seem to be going anywhere, just wish it was all sorted tbh been waiting to hear back about a possibility since last week but still nothing. Kinda fed up with it all tbh was ill last week with a really bad couch, lot better now but am totally exhausted.
Just realized Isaid a bad couch instead of cough lol so not with it and my typos grrr my keyboards a bit fooked, need a new laptop tbh

Fl-Fr-Fa

Established
Sometimes when you use your own words and you are not face to face with a person the body language that goes with what you say are misinterpreted. Our communication is 97% body language and tone of voice and 3% words. With this sensitive topic it's really hard to say something on here and be truly understood.

We are all different and some of us has more capacity than others in different areas of life....

I know the meaning behind those words because when I was in a space where it felt like everyone was against me and people are hurting me, those words burned heavily in my heart, I was furiously angry with those words and lashed out at them as soon as they came into my head. In the state that I was back then there was no way ever I would have thought of forgiving people when they hurt me. I was angry at any and all rejection, and whenever I was having a pity party by myself about how people hurt me - these words would burn inside my spirit - they made me extremely angry. Then the Lord would talk and explain situations to me that lead people to reject me, He gave me the back story of why things were happening, yes in my anger I would all of a sudden know what happened that caused situations of rejection.

These types of things went on for years with me, until it clicked and I truly understood grace. Now you can take this experience of mine and make what you want with it, but this was my experience... I KNOW the context!!!
Thanks for sharing, Camidria. I would think all of us have felt similarly either in different circumstances or for longer periods of time. However, I can only say from personal experience with my dad as mentioned before (who happened to be a "needy" type of narcissist, always negative/bitter and most likely a sociopath), but with all narcissists, that "no contact" was the best way for myself in most of my adult life [and I wasn't even familiar with that 'phrase' before] and for many other people in staying away from him. I was actually told by a relative years ago, that us kids weren't visited by other extended family/friends, because of how polarizing he was. It was sad and disappointing to hear, but not surprising.

The condition is hard to heal (from info. available), not impossible, but rarely does unless something major happens IMO. I'll mention again, Sam Vaknin (he's the arrogant type and much less emotional) - when I watched him in conversation with the "empath" - and how he was honest to bring up his inner turmoil during his conversation. It was quite precious to see :). He's a guy who took it upon himself to go inward, just amazing really. I kind of seen that as his way of apologizing to the world too for his behaviour.

We can only be responsible for ourselves and our behaviour ultimately, whether misinterpreted or not and sometimes, we just need to be in the valley with God - alone.

Antipapirus

Established
I'm not sure if you were around when she posted the images of dead people and suicides, but she threatened a lot of innocent people on here so I think whilst some people are still trying to see the good in her, most are just familiar with her vile posts and have lost their patience.

Seems like a "nice" character everybody is so worked up :eek:o_O

Antipapirus

Established
when people just quote from the bible, use your own words and thoughts, not ones from a book that really you have no idea where or who those words really originally came from, all you are doing is using other peoples words and interpreting them to suit your own purpose.
Good advice :cool:

Antipapirus

Established
Hi antipap hope your vacation was relaxing....:p:)
btw, she distracts and is toxic to some on the board.

Yes I get it, this is my first forum ever, so I thought that if someone really acts like a maniac - he/she will get reported and banned.

It is not that simple I guess...

Also when dealing with online personas its difficult to detect multiple accounts, but I noticed there are some really sharp people here that won't be fooled.